• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't mind fanboyism as long as people are willing to admit the faults of what they love.

I'm perfectly understanding of the fact this is way more exciting for people who play strictly on Nintendo, anyway. Just wish people would understand why others aren't that excited.
Never use fanboyism for insulting people, that's all. It's not gonna make you better at all.
I do admit those flaws of course. And sorry about that huge rambling on Shiko's video, it's not really good, but hey that's just his opinion and I respect that. But for those who want to know how good was the presentation don't look at that video.
My personal problem with Nintendo is that they focus on my country which has a huge gaming population (Since Taiwan young ones loves Japan stuff, including me to some degree). And glad that Switch has no region lock cuz that was the problem with Taiwan's 3DS, it had the least playable games, which sucks out loud.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
wait wait does that mean ill have to pay at launch right away to plat online and If I dont, I wont be able to play online at all? That needs explaining
Nintendo's online service will be available only in USA, Canada and Mexico at launch. No news about the rest of the world.

I assume you live in the US. So you don't need to worry. You have the free period after which you have to pay.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose Ninty either doesn't want to cannibalize sales or causing any huge game droughts if they released all their big games in one go. Which I guess I'll be fine with if most, if not all revealed games will be coming out this year.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be coming out a month after the Switch release no?

I think at this rate I should probably just sell/trade in my Wii U...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Assuming Akaneia characters besides Marth are confirmed to appear in FE Musou, I'm hoping Minerva and Merric make it as playable.

Assuming we got 10 characters from Akaneia, here's what I think would be a good selection:
-Marth
-Sheeda
-Julian
-Merric
-Minerva
-Tiki
-Hardin
-Camus
-Gharnef
-Medeus

Probably should swap Julian out for someone else but w/e.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nintendo's online service will be available only in USA, Canada and Mexico at launch. No news about the rest of the world.

I assume you live in the US. So you don't need to worry. You have the free period after which you have to pay.
oooh oh ok got it

I hope you get online though, it would be a shame if you dont even more so because you have to pay and lord knows what the price is gonna be

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Never use fanboyism for insulting people, that's all. It's not gonna make you better at all.
I do admit those flaws of course. And sorry about that huge rambling on Shiko's video, it's not really good, but hey that's just his opinion and I respect that. But for those who want to know how good was the presentation don't look at that video.
My personal problem with Nintendo is that they focus on my country which has a huge gaming population (Since Taiwan young ones loves Japan stuff, including me to some degree). And glad that Switch has no region lock cuz that was the problem with Taiwan's 3DS, it had the least playable games, which sucks out loud.
...I didn't insult you though.

...you know, I won't even bother.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, as pessimistic as this may sound, I feel like the Switch came too late. Even if it ends up having a ton of third party support as time passes, I have a hard time imagining many current PS4/Xbone owners being interested in the new console.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know if it has been said yet but the Wii U port of Breath of the Wild is still alive and will launch alongside the Switch.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If we can ride a Pegasus in the battle, that would be sick.
Azura should be playable. I want Tharja, Tiki and Takumi too.
Don' really know many FE characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
the changes are actually so ****ing funny

read JWong's twitter for more
Sounds like suffering for anyone who likes Honda.

I wouldn't mind trying messing around with this game though.

Oh, and you can select your color instead of it being mapped to buttons.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
TBH...I actually really hope Tharja is playable in FE Warriors...

She was one of my favourite characters in Awakening...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since I don't have a Roster Maker with me, I'll just type who I think will be in Fire Emblem Warriors

Practically Confirmed
Marth
Chrom
Corrin
Ryoma
Xander

My Predictions
Caeda
Medeus
Lucina
Robin
Azura
Takumi
Camilla
Ike
Black Knight
M̶i̶a̶
Anna
Tiki

I could also see Soren and Titiana replace Anna and Tiki if we get Tellius characters
If Ike is not in the game I'd be surprised. Also Lyn is pretty popular so I could see her. I just hope this game isn't 80% playable swordsmen.

Chrono.

If Ike is not in the game I'd be surprised. Also Lyn is pretty popular so I could see her. I just hope this game isn't 80% playable swordsmen.
I wouldn't worry too much about that, Omega Force usually goes the extra mile for the non-Dynasty Warriors Warriors titles.

D

Deleted member

I just hope there's no Awakening or Fates favoritism because I'd like to see the old characters in 3D and with updated art much more

Also, in case you cared about Crunchyroll's anime awards
Language warning
Kira should've gotten 3rd place smh

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly, as pessimistic as this may sound, I feel like the Switch came too late. Even if it ends up having a ton of third party support as time passes, I have a hard time imagining many current PS4/Xbone owners being interested in the new console.
Only those who owns PS4/Xbone owners who only plays those third party games and don't play Nintendo game. And I'm not even mad if they don't care about Nintendo Switch.
Between this and "KINGDOM HEARTS 3 RELEASES IN 2017", I feel like IGN are going out of their way to be terrible reporters.

Also MARIO ODYSSEY IS UP
Fake... and those on Etika's stream went to the Wiki page and ruin the page...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The thing I'm most disappointed with is the online subscription. Now all consoles are doing it, and Nintendo's online services haven't exactly been that great. So unless there's major improvements, I can't help but be skeptical of it being all that great. It won't be a big deal if the price is really cheap though.

The only thing I cared about was if I could play online with others.

If it's like Hyrule Warriors, you'll have multiple weapons for some characters. If I'm not mistaken, Ike can use an Axe in Radiant Dawn, for example. I'm sure they will vary it up regardless.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Mario Odyssey is looking great....

...r-r-right guys????

EDIT: We're now talking about Miyamoto's hamster. Beautiful.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Only those who owns PS4/Xbone owners who only plays those third party games and don't play Nintendo game. And I'm not even mad if they don't care about Nintendo Switch.
Which are a lot of people. Like, a lot a lot.

Nintendo makes good games, great games even, but that's not enough to carry a console, as evident by the Nintendo 64, the Gamecube, and the Wii U.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is Yooka-Laylee Switch bound?

I can't recall.
IIRC, Yes. When they announced they canceled the Wii U port, they stated they're working with Nintendo for the Switch version.

Won't launch alongside the other consoles though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Mario Odyssey is looking great....

...r-r-right guys????

EDIT: We're now talking about Miyamoto's hamster. Beautiful.
I don't want to be rude or anything but, if you don't want these nostalgia flashbacks and rather obscure, playful banter by the Nintendo team then why are you watching the live stream? They do this in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their Treehouse events.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just letting you guys know, a new poll is on the way! Just waiting for Cyndane to post it. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ooh, an Fe direct! That should be good, I'll be sure to watch.

Arms actually looks neat to from the gameplay. Not bad so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom