• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-wont-feature-miiverse-or-streetpass/

No Street Pass or Miiverse confirmed.

EA being ****s are rumored.
Lack of StreetPass isn't a surprise at all. For 3DS it made sense since you'd usually not see a 3DS in a passerby's pocket. Switch can't fit. :p Like, you'd know if someone has a Switch. It's not exactly as subtle.

RIP Miiverse lol though. I should log in to see if people are going nuts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pokemon Company said that whether or not their next game made it to the Switch depended on public reception of the console, so Nintendo's showing probably directly led to Pokemon not releasing on the Switch this year.
Are you saying...

We might not get Pokemon?

That would be catastrophic.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm seeing more and more positivity coming up.

It seems most people are interested but cautious.
It's fair to be concerned for third support post the first year. Third parties have not been synonymous with Nintendo platforms since the SNES really. That being said, Nintendo's first party output for year one looks great. I've never had any expectations of the Switch being this end all be all system. As such, I'm happy with my Mario and Zelda. It probably helps that I have a decent pc and a ps4, so I'm biased of course (as is everyone really).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh how I love the initial butt hurt. "No smash, no third party FPS, No metriod, and no crazy anime third party.. Nintendo never learns!" It's quite funny actually. I really actually enjoy the whining though!
People being butthurt implies that they're worried Nintendo is going to one-up their favourite between MS and Sony.

Assuming you are living in the same reality as I, that is not what is going on here...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say that Splatoon is getting less hype than I thought it would.

Game looks amazing, but it's not getting as much buzz as the sales of the first game would have you to believe.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Are you saying...

We might not get Pokemon?

That would be catastrophic.
I think I worded it slightly worse than the bad situation already is, but I'm more talking about a repeat of the 3DS situation.

They know they have to migrate eventually but they suggested they would drag their feet about it if the Switch did badly. Imagine Pokemon Stars being pushed to 3DS instead as a reaction to today. That's the kind of thing there's a very good chance of us ending up with.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what if Fire Emblem Musou ends up adding Permadeath somehow.

For the main campaign anyway.
Depending on how it's done, it has big potential to make things interesting. Like in Dissidia 012 where if you are in a party, if you do lose somebody, you can't Retry/Quit/etc and must use one of the other characters.
That being said.....there isn't much point to it however if most of the characters are going to be Lord-like characters and if most of them have to survive.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh how I love the initial butt hurt. "No smash, no third party FPS, No metriod, and no crazy anime third party.. Nintendo never learns!" It's quite funny actually. I really actually enjoy the whining though!
We did get a third party FPS. Skyrim. Its not the FPS you're probably talking about, but in technicalities, its still an FPS. :4megaman:

To be fair, Nintendo has had third party FPSs before, specifically CoD, so its not like they haven't tried to add them (quote, "tried"). I'm sure they'll give it another swing this time around, of course.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Game looks amazing, but it's not getting as much buzz as the sales of the first game would have you to believe.
Well, four out of every five people who've tried it here seem to think that Splatoon was a disappointment and that they wouldn't buy it again, so. . .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's because it doesn't particularly stand out from the first game. It's more of the same, but a bit better.

Doesn't help that it doesn't really look visually distinct compared to the first one. Unless you were a fan who knows about the differences in the hairstyles and such, you'd think it's the first game. It also appears to literally be built off the first game. The engine and overall visuals are identical.

Hopefully they can make it stand out with future reveals of it's content, like showing the single player mode, but as it is now it looks more like a Splatoon 1.5 in everything but the name.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I worded it slightly worse than the bad situation already is, but I'm more talking about a repeat of the 3DS situation.

They know they have to migrate eventually but they suggested they would drag their feet about it if the Switch did badly. Imagine Pokemon Stars being pushed to 3DS instead as a reaction to today. That's the kind of thing there's a very good chance of us ending up with.
I can understand if they were unprepared to work on the system.

But this is Pokemon we're talking about, they should know that anything with the name on it is bound to sell well enough to help push the system. Dragging your feet will only end up hurting them initially. I mean, as niche of a title that Pokken was, let alone being on the Wii-U, it still sold a little more than a million copies. Shove a mainline Pokemon game in people's faces and it will move units.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Do you think all third party games are shooters or something? I dunno, just something I've noticed from your posts.

Besides, god forbid people want to see something that interests them? If you're not a fan or Mario or Zelda, there's really no reason to purchase a Switch.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aside from all the Switch stuff, I'm still waiting for more Marvel Infinite news. I NEED to see more Mega Man X gameplay in it. That, and confirming Spider-Man.

Namco also said something about the release date of Tekken 7, which is what I'm also really looking forward to.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Thought you might like this.
I saw it on the Japanese site but thanks for reminding me. you dont know how happy that makes me but Ill have to import it. And if it comes to the US, Im 100%sure all the japanese songs are gonna be changed to stupid pop songs like before

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay, so I just read the spoilers for the final chapter of DRV3, and I must say...

I've never been more conflicted on a game in my life.

I can't tell if I like it or not.

In some ways it's absolutely amazing, but in others, it's really unfortunate.

I'd elaborate more, but I need some time to think about it.

What matters more?
The journey, or the destination?

That's a really important question regarding this game.
Street Pass was huge in Japan but it never took off here.

RIP Miiverse though, it was like a PG-rated 4chan with all the ****posting but none of the profanity (for the most part).

RIP Bad Miiverse Posts also.
I liked Miiverse.
Once you got past the literally everything else, and got to the good drawings and cool/funny in-game photos it wasn't so bad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's fair to be concerned for third support post the first year. Third parties have not been synonymous with Nintendo platforms since the SNES really. That being said, Nintendo's first party output for year one looks great. I've never had any expectations of the Switch being this end all be all system. As such, I'm happy with my Mario and Zelda. It probably helps that I have a decent pc and a ps4, so I'm biased of course (as is everyone really).
Yeah, I would say on the end of first party games, you've got a better first year than either the Wii-U or 3DS. It's just the first month in and of itself that's only got like, 3 games worth talking about?

As for third parties I do agree that it could be better. Yet at the same time, I personally have some stuff that'll interest me. NMH3, Bomberman and Street Fighter might not excite the average consumer, which sucks, but I'm happy with those. And hey, another place to go get Sonic Mania.

Now if we can get Capcom to the usual Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney, and hopefully Mega Man, I'd think that'd help them. I'd also want Tekken and Injustice to get released on those systems as well, but I don't know how well those games sold on Wii-U. I think Tag 2 did okay.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-...ch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|featured|des|-|-

Soooooooooooooo....

Why is it being called "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 (Working Title)"?

Isn't the game already out elsewhere?
Probably will have DLC or some extra stuff bundled.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is really interesting.

When adjusted for inflation, the Switch is one of the cheapest consoles in history.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So, everyone... I wanted to get your opinions on something.

As we all know, Nintendo did not necessarily talk about ALL their games they have planned to release. And as we all also know, games like Kirby, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. were not talked about during the presentation. So theoretically, they would save these games for E3 in order to hype up the fan-base, which somewhat makes sense (although the Switch will be 3 months old by then and its uncertain how it will fair by that time).

I was thinking about possibly getting the Switch depending on what gets announced before E3 (since I am almost positive that they will alert us to new games and then talk about them during E3) or what actually happens after E3 is complete. Since it seems likely that Kirby, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. would get announced, there would be an incentive for me to get the Switch since its roster of games will increase and I'll actually have some games to enjoy on the system. However, since my birthday is literally the day before E3, I am uncertain on what I should do.

Should I get the Switch on my birthday, or wait until E3 is done before I get it? For the latter option, it would depend on the roster of games presented.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Love how nobody noticed my avi change because of how similar it looked to the previous one.

And on a side note my avi is my reaction coming out of the Switch Presentation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Love how nobody noticed my avi change because of how similar it looked to the previous one.

I noticed the change but had no comment to make.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So, everyone... I wanted to get your opinions on something.

As we all know, Nintendo did not necessarily talk about ALL their games they have planned to release. And as we all also know, games like Kirby, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. were not talked about during the presentation. So theoretically, they would save these games for E3 in order to hype up the fan-base, which somewhat makes sense (although the Switch will be 3 months old by then and its uncertain how it will fair by that time).

I was thinking about possibly getting the switch depending on what gets announced before E3 (since I am almost positive that they will alert us to new games and then talk about them during E3) or what actually happens after E3 is complete. Since it seems likely that Kirby, Pokemon, and Smash Bros. would get announced, there would be an incentive for me to get the Switch since its roster of games will increase and I'll actually have some games to enjoy on the system. However, since my birthday is literally the day before E3, I am uncertain on what I should do.

Should I get the Switch on my birthday, or wait until E3 is done before I get it? For the latter option, it would depend on the roster of games presented.
Wait till after. At least then you'll know that there's games you like rather than hope there are.

I noticed, I just didn't think you wanted people to point it out.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Anyone else watch the amazingness that is Snipperclips.
Its a really creative puzzle game with 4 player support releasing in March for $20. Probably going to pick this up as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This is really interesting.

When adjusted for inflation, the Switch is one of the cheapest consoles in history.
I think it's the fact that the way people spend money has really changed since 2008 or so.
Disposable income has decreased.

I noticed it, and it went well with your disappointment over the FE Direct.

Didn't feel like pointing it out.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I noticed it, and it went well with your disappointment over the FE Direct.

Didn't feel like pointing it out.
Oh that was different.

But on that note if there's a new FE game coming out I got my new avi ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom