• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So I was thinking is the Nintendo switch controller not the perfect one for f-zero game? because miyamoto said to smosh year ago that he is trying to find the right controller to make a new f-zero game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just woke up found out a few things:
  • Fire Emblem direct next week.
  • LoZ is apparently 1080p 60fps when docked, same with MK8 Deluxe.
  • Super Bomberman R is a launch title.
Anything else I missed?
USF2 has some sort of first person mode with 3D graphics.

They didn't explain jack on it people just spotted it in the trailer.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... ended up sleeping through the entire treehouse event since I wasn't expecting much, honestly.

The fact they're doing a Fire Emblem direct next week is meh; I really could care less about that series (no offense to those who really like it). I guess I'll at least say Chrom is finally getting the love he deserves.

Here's hoping they hint at or announce something related to Smash soon, since l am well aware treehouse never brought it up.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't want to be rude or anything but, if you don't want these nostalgia flashbacks and rather obscure, playful banter by the Nintendo team then why are you watching the live stream? They do this in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their Treehouse events.
No they don't.

And they literally showed a trailer of Odyssey, say they're gonna talk about it, and barely talk about it at all.

I left after they finished with that segment to go finish Gravity Rush Remastered anyway, so I don't know why you're talking to me as if I'm not justified in criticising their stream when it's mediocre quality (in both actual video quality and content), actually caused me to stop watching. Which isn't good, because they are supposed to maintain interest.

And even then, I didn't seriously criticise them. Just a bit of friendly snarking. You don't need to defend them mindlessly like that, especially over literally nothing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No they don't.

And they literally showed a trailer of Odyssey, say they're gonna talk about it, and barely talk about it at all.

I left after they finished with that segment to go finish Gravity Rush Remastered anyway, so I don't know why you're talking to me as if I'm not justified in criticising their stream when it's mediocre quality (in both actual video quality and content), actually caused me to stop watching. Which isn't good, because they are supposed to maintain interest.

And even then, I didn't seriously criticise them. Just a bit of friendly snarking. You don't need to defend them mindlessly like that, especially over literally nothing.
They are witty in almost every treehouse. They are very rarely serious in them

wasnt their video quality clear and smooth? it was on my end

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Pac-Man World speedrun AGDQ is cool. Kind of crazy how much can be done just by zig-zagging all over the place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They are witty in almost every treehouse. They are very rarely serious in them

wasnt their video quality clear and smooth? it was on my end
They're usually playful yet still informative.

I only got the former out of the Mario bit.

It's not a big deal so let's not make it one.

And yeah, the video quality was choppier than usual. And my internet was fine.

FE direct is SUPER hype for me. I've been waiting on that mobile game for a while now plus yay warriors. A new game would be pretty cool too if it's better than Birthright at least >_>
Oh, Octopath Traveller is by the Bravely team.
Im dissapointed neither Professor pumpkaboo nor I was tagged for this news TBH :p

Just went from "interested" to "day one" real quick for Octopath haha.
:061:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
They're usually playful yet still informative.

I only got the former out of the Mario bit.

It's not a big deal so let's not make it one.

And yeah, the video quality was choppier than usual. And my internet was fine.
The quality was fine for me, running at 720 60 fps source so idk what was going on with you
Im dissapointed neither Professor pumpkaboo nor I was tagged for this news TBH :p

Once I saw it looked like bravely, I knew I had to get it

Last edited:
  • Anything Kid Icarus related
  • Anything Metroid related
  • Square Enix has some heavy support (Kingdom hearts, Final Fantasy, Bravely Third. Pretty much anything beyond DQ)
  • Non port xenoblade style game from monolith
  • Retro studios makes anything cool
  • PIKMIN
  • Inciniroar/Edea Lee/Sora/VIRIDI confirmed for smash
  • Splatoon is a full on sequel with new single player levels.

huh. I wound up getting 3 after expecint only 1.

3 of these are pretty much guarantees throughout the consoles lifespan.

Probably not getting the Switch day one still but I think I did pretty well for this presentation haha.

D

Deleted member

For the new FE warriors, if they add a character with the evil sorcerer trope, hopefully they don't have Validar. I'd rather have a character like Alvis, Julius, Lyon, or Lehran.(Who if the Black Knight is the Darth Vader of the Tellius games, then Lehran is definitely Palpatine, like, really much so....)

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the new FE warriors, if they add a character with the evil sorcerer trope, hopefully they don't have Validar. I'd rather have a character like Alvis, Julius, Lyon, or Lehran.(Who if the Black Knight is the Darth Vader of the Tellius games, then Lehran is definitely Palpatine, like, really much so....)
Honestly I kinda hope we get Validar. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
FE direct is SUPER hype for me. I've been waiting on that mobile game for a while now plus yay warriors. A new game would be pretty cool too if it's better than Birthright at least >_>

Why do people forget me? When Bravely Default first came out she and I were the only ones I saw mention the game....

D

Deleted member

Honestly I kinda hope we get Validar. :p
I mean, he's not a bad choice.(Magic users are very much welcomed, first of all.) But I don't like him much as a character especially since the other characters I mentioned are really up there when it comes to the most complex characters in the series.

Validar had potential to be interesting, but they didn't do much with him even though he could have easily have been.

But anyway, obviously this is null anyway because this game is going to be about the action and gameplay. But even then I'd prefer any of the others.

Clearly I don't have a Bishonen bias. : P

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm really not seeing a lot of positive thought anywhere.

They like most of the games just fine, but...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why do people care so much bout theSwitch's battery life? Eventually, like the 3D toggle, people will never use it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do people care so much bout theSwitch's battery life? Eventually, like the 3D toggle, people will never use it.
Are you saying people won't use the Switch as something as basic as a handheld when it is advertised as a handheld?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In all honestly, I still don't get why were are getting another version of SFII when enough of them were made within the last 30 or so years.

I would have rather taken SFIV in that case.

Chrono.

In all honestly, I still don't get why were are getting another version of SFII when enough of them were made within the last 30 or so years.

I would have rather taken SFIV in that case.
I only don't really like the price.

SF2 is good, but not $40 good (unless those new modes somehow justify it).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm seeing more and more positivity coming up.

It seems most people are interested but cautious.

D

Deleted member

I agree, Validar is such an odd-one out in the Awakening cast with stuff that's never explained(like why he looks like a demi-human? His devilish appearence is never even addressed) and is the only main antagonist who's not playable(probably because Robin HAD to be able to marry everyone and, well, you know...).
Personally, I feel like if they go the class route, we'll get most of them but otherwise I feel like Nergal is the most likely without counting Awakening and Fates.
Though I wouldn't mind Iago, because, despite him being a terrible character, he's still pretty enjoyable with some of his lines, also thanks to his VA(and he's got a pretty cool design too)
"And also, you'll die, if that wasn't clear" and the voiced "I'm afraid that's not possible"

Chrono.

So what if Fire Emblem Musou ends up adding Permadeath somehow.

For the main campaign anyway.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Oh how I love the initial butt hurt. "No smash, no third party FPS, No metriod, and no crazy anime third party.. Nintendo never learns!" It's quite funny actually. I really actually enjoy the whining though!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Come march 3, I'm off most of the internet to avoid spoilers.
So...bye twitter.

I'm not feeling the hype tbh. It's mainly cos I know I won't be able to get it for ages, if I even do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh how I love the initial butt hurt. "No smash, no third party FPS, No metriod, and no crazy anime third party.. Nintendo never learns!" It's quite funny actually. I really actually enjoy the whining though!
It turns out, a lot of people put there hopes up for smash to be shown

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pokemon Company said that whether or not their next game made it to the Switch depended on public reception of the console, so Nintendo's showing probably directly led to Pokemon not releasing on the Switch this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom