• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think now's a good time to post my thoughts on the presentation
>Paid online
Aaaand I'm out

Man, I am SO excited for realistic ice cube sounds!

1, 2, Switch looks dumb
Oh god the RP cringe fest

Arms looks fun, name's dumb and motion controls are sketchy but I hope it works.
>Spring Man
>Spring release
****ing
Also, hooray, Ninty realises people actually like Splitscreen
"What's this sound?"
"Just a bunch of Smash fans starting a following of Spring Man for Smash"

Splatoon milking begins
>Not Spla2n
Me no buy it
MORE RP PLEASE STOP
HE DABBED! TWICE! DOES NINTENDO WANT ME TO BUY THOS OR NOT????

Mario looks fun
Hat throw looks fun
That's all

>Monolith
Oh boy
>Weeb as **** artstyle
Time for a brand new--
>Rips off XC titlescreen
Wait what?
>Xenoblade 2
WHAT!? I thought that existed already. (Note to self: X=/=2)
But why is it so weeby?

>Koei Tecmo
Wait I haven't processed weeblade yet
>Fire Emblem
Oh no, don't you ****ing dare
>FE Warriors
That underwear was new, you know?
Still hype tho

3 ****ing DQ games, what is this, FNaF?

Oh look, it's daddy Atlus, nothing new, literally, everyone expected SMTV

Oh well, Square shows up with "Not FF #2" and I like what I saw

More No More Heroes? Cool I guess

Oh no, EA dragged poor Bill into this, didn't they?
Oh god not FIFA
I at least have weeb Bill to keep me entertained

Oh yeah, Skyrim's a thing

Oh look, Reggie, Aonuma and Miyamoto, long time no see!

ZELDA
ZELDA HERSELF
ZELDA TALKING
ZELDA HAVING AN ACTUAL PLOT
ZELDA FANSERVICE SCENE
ZELDA FONT CALLBACK
ZELDA MARCH 3RD BOYZ

Rip Smash

Oh also, MK8 Deluxe, great, Feather is back, can we put it back in an actual Mario game now?

Final thoughts: Pretty disappointing for the most part, nothing that makes me want to buy it immediatelly but I'll sufder without FE Musou and XC2.
I just hope Nintendo continues supporting the 3DS because that's going to be my main platform for games for some time
This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. Maybe not quite as harshly but yeah, the reveal wasn't much better than the Wii U's for me (I at least got excited for the INITIAL Wii U reveal while it was happening).

Oh man, he actually found something else to **** on after that whole Ridley thing? I thought his channel was only about that

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I know it's fun to **** on stuff like that, but having Call of Duty (says it in the title) alone makes it a better reveal. And I don't even like Call of Duty.

Maybe listen to the entire video first to see why he actually thinks this.
It makes it a "bigger" reveal considering CoD is one of the most popular franchises out, but I dunno if I'd say that's what makes it a better one. I think the PS4 reveal would be a better example of a really good one.

D

Deleted member

Do want:
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild (I had mild interest before but now I'm pretty sold on it. I still need to play more Zelda games though)

Maybe want:
ARMS
Splatoon 2 (Haven't played enough of the first one to have an opinion)
Sonic Mania (I'm not really into Sonic these days but I'll might give it a shot)
Perhaps some other stuff that I'm forgetting

Nope:
1,2 switch (It only reminded me that I need to get rid of my copy of Nintendo Land so that my sister and her friends won't have a reason to touch my Wii U. If I do get the switch and 1,2 switch is bundled with every unit, I'll destroy my copy once I get the switch)
Fifa (Bleh)
Perhaps some other stuff that I'm forgetting

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if we will be seeing Donkey Kong show up in Super Mario Odyssey, if not, at least as a cameo. There's apparently a lot of DK references in New Donk City. Perhaps they could hint it to be the place where the original DK was fought....

Eitherway, it was an alright presentation. I'll think about wether or not I'll be getting the Switch at launch or not.

D

Deleted member

I mean, there are girders from the Arcade found soooo.....
I didn't meant that in the way most people see GT

I just wish MatPat would do more interesting theories because the most recent ones have all been rather uninteristing topics, I couldn't care less about whether or not they hold any logic I just want something entertaining

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm worried about this console tbh, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I don't really know if I'm going to buy the thing.
I definitely think non fans will not buy it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It makes it a "bigger" reveal considering CoD is one of the most popular franchises out, but I dunno if I'd say that's what makes it a better one. I think the PS4 reveal would be a better example of a really good one.
We did get FIFA for Switch.

I know nobody here cares about it, but it is a big seller nonetheless.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ooh! Grabbing!
And you can equip different fists in ARMS for different effects!

Man, this game is actually really cool.

So far we've seen regular fist and boomerang fist.

When using a special attack, the boomerang fist creates a tornado.

Also, the opponent appears to have a Ball N' Chain fist.

There's also a Trident fist.

Oops, double post.
Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they show more SMO (Super Mario Odyssey) on the livestream I'll be happy. Really want to see unedited footage to get a sense of the level scale.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reminds me a bit of Custom Robo. Sadly this might be the closest we'll ever get to it again. :/

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was most interested to hear how the rumble was implemented. Apparently it's not just punches, but you feel the arms unfurling.

That's a good sign for the kind of rumble implemented.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I for one welcome the sudden popularity of Spring Man.

Wait...Wrong guy, sorry.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just realized that DBXV2 will technically be on the go now. ****, that's actually cool.
It's quite something for a bunch of games. Skyrim, Blazblue, Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2, Disgaea 5, Minecraft, etc.
What if...

Arms has button controls too?
This is something to think about, considering the whole deal of being able to use the Joycon controllers as 2 separate controllers. So far, they've only shown using 2 sets of Joycon controllers for the multiplayer though, but it hasn't been unconfirmed yet.
Wait.

The free NES/SNES game you get from the subscription has online features?

That's kind of mind boggling.
They're most likely talking about features like Miiverse or even online scores. Cause if they were actually talking about potential online multiplayer for 2 player games like Super Mario Kart or Kirby Superstar, that'd be insane and awesome.

Anyway, not surprised that everybody have thoughts on the Switch(especially on the online pass pricing unsurprising), but in my case, it has stuff that I want that is both at launch and upcoming within a year, so I'm perfectly fine with getting it at Launch.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have to work so I won't be watching the Treehouse...

Did manage to catch some of the Arms gameplay...

Looks kinda fun, they seem to be pushing for a possible competitive scene...not sure how long it will last as a competitive game though with its controls but we'll see...

Not a fan of the character design tbh...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Decided to try typing up my thoughts on the Switch as succinctly as I can.

I thought the presentation itself was one of the worst examples of how to introduce a console (the trailer from a few months ago was a vague teaser with not much to it). They didn't tell us a whole lot about the system, and put a lot of focus on things that don't really matter, like the IR Sensors. There was also some very obvious padding going on, especially the segment where they slowly go through every Nintendo system and how they took ideas from them for the Switch. I mean, that **** should be a no-brainer, of COURSE your consoles iterate on each other, as they should do. That is not something you should even have to highlight.

The third party support was really lackluster too, as most of the games were either in very early development or had not even started development.

Super Mario Odyssey and the new Breath of the Wild trailer were the highlights for me, both look phenomenal. However, the former is basically a year out, and the latter is also on Wii U...and is the only game I am strongly interested in at launch.

Arms and 1-2 Switch look fun but I'm not confident they will be long lasting games. Just novel little things like Wii Sports and Nintendo Land. Splatoon 2 also looks great, as the first one is. But since I never had the first one and I think my one or two Splatoon liking friends won't get a Switch any time soon, I might be better off just buying the first game on Wii U for now if I ever want the Splatoon experience (it goes for very cheap where I live).

And since it launches very soon, there is no "just wait for E3, they'll have games!". The system launches BEFORE E3, which means besides BotW and Splatoon 2, we have no major games over that period, unless they literally announce games at E3 and release them then. We're already getting back to the Wii U drought problem, and we JUST had a year long drought.

I will be satisfied with the PS4 Pro for now.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
In a world where everyone but me loves splatoon, I enjoy Arms lol.

Honestly CoD on the system wouldn't of sold me. I just got rid of my Xbox one because of how bad the games are on it. I hardly care about what comes out on it. OOO fancy new space shooter game?! OOOO Fancy new western shooter game! Honestly, basically what people expect of third parties.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like I'm in a situation where I'm not really interested in the genre or aesthetics Arms is offering but I'm still kind of impressed by it. The game has a character to it that gives me vibe I can't quite put my finger on, as though the aesthetics are partially inspired by CG movies and partially inspired by bygone decades before most video games were even things. The character designs aren't meant to be taken seriously but at the same time there's something impressive about a character's hair being as on the nose as Spring Man and Ribbon Girl's hairdos are, particularly when the former's hair is in motion. And the music has a character to it as well, very interesting.

Although I do question the lives of these people when they AREN'T fighting. Are they amputees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom