• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If characters like Sonic in a racing game weren't in vehicles, they'd have to play differently to everyone else. It's not like cars can manoeuvre around like a person on foot and vice versa.
I think I've had this discussion on this forum before, when someone brought up Link riding Epona in Mario Kart. I said you can't expect Epona to drift around like the karts. I got a few smart ass respoinses saying otherwise.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If characters like Sonic in a racing game weren't in vehicles, they'd have to play differently to everyone else. It's not like cars can manoeuvre around like a person on foot and vice versa.
I think I've had this discussion on this forum before, when someone brought up Link riding Epona in Mario Kart. I said you can't expect Epona to drift around like the karts. I got a few smart *** respoinses saying otherwise.
Some people are just dumb.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I've had this discussion on this forum before, when someone brought up Link riding Epona in Mario Kart. I said you can't expect Epona to drift around like the karts. I got a few smart *** respoinses saying otherwise.
It's only Sonic R. Namely, they either can fly/float, just run, or are a regular kart effectively. It's really not much different from Diddy Kong Racing's 3 vehicles. Or how Mario Kart has more than one regular type now. Sonic Drift was the more traditional kart game, but it was a boring duo of games with nothing to them. The rosters weren't trash, I guess?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just imagining Epona drifting like a car is hilarious.

D

Deleted member

I might as well make my own Super Smash Kart Mario Kart 9 wishlist.

Returning Characters

Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Funky Kong
Birdo
King Boo
Petey Piranha
R.O.B.
Pac-Man

Newcomers

King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
Wart
Zelda
Ganon(dorf)
Toon Link
Samus
Captain Falcon
Fox
Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight
Ness
Pit
Takamaru
Marth
Shulk
Zael
Mega Man
Sonic
Crash

I don't expect most of these to happen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's only Sonic R. Namely, they either can fly/float, just run, or are a regular kart effectively. It's really not much different from Diddy Kong Racing's 3 vehicles. Or how Mario Kart has more than one regular type now. Sonic Drift was the more traditional kart game, but it was a boring duo of games with nothing to them. The rosters weren't trash, I guess?
The thing with Diddy Kong Racing though, is everyone has the same vehicle and therefore, abilities, at the same time. You don't, for instance, get karts and hovercrafts racing at the same time.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing with Diddy Kong Racing though, is everyone has the same vehicle and therefore, abilities, at the same time. You don't, for instance, get karts and hovercrafts racing at the same time.
The characters are the same as the vehicles, is the actual point being made. What you listed is what makes it different, but my comparison was poorly worded.

Racing games don't generally do this for balancing purposes. Sonic R is an outlier. It's far easier for everyone to be in the same vehicle with different weight/drifting/etc. F-Zero did a better job. R was.. fun, but poorly made in that regard.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I might as well make my own Super Smash Kart Mario Kart 9 wishlist.

Mega Man

I don't expect most of these to happen.
I would love to see him ride Rush.

Depending on a few things, Epona could be heavier than some bikes.
And Mario kart has a tendency to balance things out. This isn't really the game to give you some vehicle-character combo that is op and the best, so I imagine they'd find a way to balance out things like Sonic, Epona, and others.
Alsooooo the Warp Star and Dragoon anyone?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure Samus is only costume, while DDD got nothing.
That only applies to Mario Kart 8. I'm talking about a theoretical roster like some others are. Some can be unlocked faster via amiibo, others can be dlc/regular unlocks.

I never said this was for Mario Kart 8 for a reason. XD

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That only applies to Mario Kart 8. I'm talking about a theoretical roster like some others are. Some can be unlocked faster via amiibo, others can be dlc/regular unlocks.

I never said this was for Mario Kart 8 for a reason. XD
Well that wasn't clear enough for me. So a DDD amiibo would allow me to play as the one true king... Interesting.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mario Kart wishlist....

Samus:4samus::4zss:

that is all...If Samus is added (and Link returns) I will buy the next Mario Kart...no doubt...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well that wasn't clear enough for me. So a DDD amiibo would allow me to play as the one true king... Interesting.
That's why I clarified. I poorly worded it earlier. Anyway, sounds good to me.

The only reason for Kirby is Rosalina's Smash trailer. It feels odd he isn't playable in Mario Kart in general after it seems like they teased it. Maybe he'll be in Mario Kart Switch?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's why I clarified. I poorly worded it earlier. Anyway, sounds good to me.

The only reason for Kirby is Rosalina's Smash trailer. It feels odd he isn't playable in Mario Kart in general after it seems like they teased it. Maybe he'll be in Mario Kart Switch?
The whole trailer was just fake-out after fake-out. The only thing that was supposed to come of it was Rosalina in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The whole trailer was just fake-out after fake-out. The only thing that was supposed to come of it was Rosalina in Smash.
Nobody said otherwise. It did still feel like a teaser for Kirby to be a candidate for Mario Kart. It was odd he didn't get chosen despite being a great choice due to having experience in racing. Regardless of the trailer, he still should've been in 8 over yet another Mario and Peach clone as DLC. Would've made more sense too, same with Captain Falcon. Well, obviously, Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong are the biggest characters being missed, but Kirby and Falcon are easily the most obvious choices outside of the Mario series and series related to it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Mario Kart 9 character wishlist? Sure thing!

Returning characters:
Toadette
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Dry Bones
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Birds
Waluigi
Funky Kong
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Dry Bowser
Link

I'd be cool with the Koopalings coming back, but I'd prefer them as a DLC deal rather than being in the default game.

New characters:
Professor E. Gadd
Sprixie
Fawful
Dreambert
Cranky Kong
Hammer Bro
Kamek
Nabbit
Plessie
Pikachu
Greninja
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Inkling
Callie/Marie (you could pick which Sister you want to play as similar to how you can pick the gender for the Villager in MK8)
Captain Falcon (if there won't be a new F-Zero, at the very least he should become a playable character in a future Mario Kart)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I need to vent about The Walking Dead because the premiere today was completely and totally disappointing to me.

Alright, so most of this revolves around Glenn and why I think his death was absolutely lazy and stupid. My opinion. First of all killing off Abraham was a good thing. A great character who was always fun to watch and had a lot of fans behind him. His story was wrapped up nicely in Season 6 with him finding love in Sasha and admitting to Eugene that he was sorry and proud of him. Good death. Well written. I applaud them for that.

Glenn, though. Like really? From a standpoint of a fan I though the death was heart-wrenching but after a second viewing I realize how absolutely pointless it has made everything in season 6 and more that has lead up to this point. First of all Glenn should have died a LONG time ago. Season 4 imo when he was married and made peace with everything and everyone he needed to make peace with. Nope. They drug on and on with no story attached to him whatsoever. Same with Maggie. Both these characters have done so very little that has made a dramatic impact on the story. Personal or otherwise. And don't say anything about Nicholas. That was terrible in its own right. But finally FINALLY after 2 seasons of no good reasons for these characters existing they finally get a good story arc. And what do they do? Kill that story dead. Right as it was getting somewhere they decided 'Oh let's make her lose the baby for dramatic effect' and 'Oh we should really kill off Glenn too because, y'know the comic books!' Really? I know it was Maggie's fault they were out there to begin with but still leading that into a character death that ruins a perfectly good story is just stupid. Even if she absolutely HAD to lose the baby for the sake of not having more babies on set they could have made her fall into depression and made them both cope with it. And then at the end of season 7 when they have made peace with each other and were promised happily ever after they could have did the comic book death that they oh so badly wanted to do. But they didn't. Instead we now have a, presumably, totally useless Maggie coupled with an amazing cast of characters of which will completely over shadow her at all turns.

Good job, guys! You missed your shot to make either of them relevant again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I need to vent about The Walking Dead because the premiere today was completely and totally disappointing to me.

Alright, so most of this revolves around Glenn and why I think his death was absolutely lazy and stupid. My opinion. First of all killing off Abraham was a good thing. A great character who was always fun to watch and had a lot of fans behind him. His story was wrapped up nicely in Season 6 with him finding love in Sasha and admitting to Eugene that he was sorry and proud of him. Good death. Well written. I applaud them for that.

Glenn, though. Like really? From a standpoint of a fan I though the death was heart-wrenching but after a second viewing I realize how absolutely pointless it has made everything in season 6 and more that has lead up to this point. First of all Glenn should have died a LONG time ago. Season 4 imo when he was married and made peace with everything and everyone he needed to make peace with. Nope. They drug on and on with no story attached to him whatsoever. Same with Maggie. Both these characters have done so very little that has made a dramatic impact on the story. Personal or otherwise. And don't say anything about Nicholas. That was terrible in its own right. But finally FINALLY after 2 seasons of no good reasons for these characters existing they finally get a good story arc. And what do they do? Kill that story dead. Right as it was getting somewhere they decided 'Oh let's make her lose the baby for dramatic effect' and 'Oh we should really kill off Glenn too because, y'know the comic books!' Really? I know it was Maggie's fault they were out there to begin with but still leading that into a character death that ruins a perfectly good story is just stupid. Even if she absolutely HAD to lose the baby for the sake of not having more babies on set they could have made her fall into depression and made them both cope with it. And then at the end of season 7 when they have made peace with each other and were promised happily ever after they could have did the comic book death that they oh so badly wanted to do. But they didn't. Instead we now have a, presumably, totally useless Maggie coupled with an amazing cast of characters of which will completely over shadow her at all turns.

Good job, guys! You missed your shot to make either of them relevant again.
wow Bro, I dont even watch TWD... But I felt that anger on the other side of my phone

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I dont really have a Mario Kart wish list, never thought about it.

Im the most easly satifyable person ever, just give me anyone and Id be happy
It's funny, I don't get nearly as invested in Mario Kart characters and track ideas as I do with Smash. I'm not really sure why.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but GXP interviewed one of the actors from the Switch reveal...so we got some hands on opinions on the Switch...
I wish I can audition for a random commercial that ended up being something as big as the Switch reveal...

D

Deleted member

So because of all the wrestling today(Mentioning smash in need of a grappler, such as Litten3. My little bro making WWE characters with me all day.) I decided to get the arcade version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike on MAME since I've never played it before. I decided to use Alex since I've never used him before, I recorded the whole run, it was so fun, and fighting gill with many things pressuring me(My bro watching, me recording, trying to get it over with fast.) gave me so much adrenaline and I hardly lost about 4 times or so(Mostly because of the resurrection, especially the one time where I didn't notice he had it and finally thought I beat him.) In fact, me having so much adrenaline is why I'm typing abut it right now. :p And luckily before that and the Ryu fight I got to have a pretty good fight with Hugo. Which I was really craving.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
i want a super smash kart game.
Honestly, after the guest characters in Mario Kart 8 (and other games), I think transforming Mario Kart into some sort of nintendo cross over kart racer would be a lot nicer. I'd even so it'd breath in a ton of fresh air and creativity. The best tracks in MK8 were the ones based off of other games, particularly the F-Zero tracks

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we were to expand into Nintendo Kart, in addition to the ones added in MK8's DLC who would be added?

1st Party (owned entirley by Nintendo)
Zelda
BotW Link
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnel
Samus Aran
Captain Douglas Jay Falcon

2nd Party (Owned partially by Nintendo, requires another company's name to be added to credits)
Kirby
Meta Knight
Marth
Chrom
Lucina
Chibi Robo

Pokemon (Because the releationship between Nintendo and the Pokemon company is more like shared custody these days.)
Pikachu
Trainer (Likley Sun/Moon)
Lucario
Greninja

3rd Party (Guest characters)
Pac-Man (done it before)
Mega Man (Battle and Chase?)
SONIC (you know you want it)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ive got all my Mario Kart peeps, being Mario Mii and Daisy. However, I would like some new characters:
Bowser Jr (Bring him back)
Petey (Nintendo plz)
Hammer Bro
Nabbit
Spike
Plessie
Dixie

These would be ideal for Mario Kart. Hope that Mario Kart 8 (Switch!) has at least one of these included. I need a heavy character favorite (Currently being Metal Mario) so Petey would be amazing. As for guest characters, Im not really to into the idea, but Pacman making it onto the main games would also be great. As for Karts, I kinda just want an Arwing. That would be awesome, because it could totally drop the wheels while its in Gliding mode.

Oh hey:

This is some nice looking DLC for Hyrule Warriors. I really should pick up HW:L but I already have my hands full with Toad Scramble and both Sun and Moon. Its great for those that do have the game though!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh! Is there a trailer for Ravio and Yuga?

D

Deleted member

HeartGold Update:
Team:
:157: Burnie
:169: Robin
:181: McFluff
:123: Slicer
:130: (Shiny) King Karp
:247: Jasper
After a rather long grinding session, I've made it through Victory Road and took on the Elite Four, and then Champion Lance.
Will's Xatu was extremely annoying because of Me First + Jasper's Rock Slide as the RNG decided to be a **** and made me flinch 3 TIMES IN A ROW. Then it used Confuse Ray, and you guessed it, I hit myself. Then it used U-Turn and switched to Slowbro. **** Xatu
Koga was easy because I practically one-shotted all of his Pokemon.
Same with Bruno.
I was a bit worried about Karen at first because I didn't know how long it would take to take down her Umbreon, but McFluff one shotted it with her Focus Blast + Choice Specs combo. Easily the MVP of this playthrough
None of Lance's Dragonites were one-shotted by Ice Fang, but I didn't really struggle with any of them, either. One of them used Thunder Wave on King Karp but he broke through.
Obviously, this playthrough's not over yet, though. To Kanto!
Pokemon Heart Gold NTEVO__16375.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ghirahim for MK9; because playing as him on Rainbow Road would fill my heart with rainbows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of Mario Kart, aside from non-Mario guests, I really wish they would make Luma playable. I don't understand why he isn't playable by himself in more spin-offs. Captain Toad would be nice too.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's crazy the amount of characters the've added to Hyrule Warriors after it's initial release on the Wii U. Imagine if they were to make a Switch version with even more characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom