• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's crazy the amount of characters the've added to Hyrule Warriors after it's initial release on the Wii U. Imagine if they were to make a Switch version with even more characters!
For starters there's BotW Link (lets' call him Nomad Link for the sake of this) who could use the Sheikah Slate as his weapon
There's characters that previous packs missed like Groose and Linebeck
There's the Oracle games and Minish cap to consider (Vaati maybe?)
And if we're feeling crazy, going all the way back to Zelda one for a little voxel Link as a character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to see ROB in Mario Kart again. He was a fun addition.

--------------

Oh, and by the way... Pokéfusions on the next level.
I think they used the term "sick" appropriately here.

Because that's totally how it makes me feel

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Am I the only one who doesn't want 'Nintendo Kart'?

I'm a huge Nintendo Fanboy... but some things are sacred.

Nintendo Kart would reduce the number of random Mario characters added.

Like... Honey Queen...

Okay, bad example.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Like... Honey Queen...

Okay, bad example.
Eh, Metal Mario was the only one that felt remotely neat among the clones(although Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Baby Peach are fine). The random Mario enemies is fine too.

Also, Nintendo Kart should be its own thing anyway. A spin-off of Mario Kart, keeping the same core characters(namely from Mario Kart 64) and using the full Smash rosters, but also adding more.

I don't like the idea of replacing Mario Kart either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kinda random poll but:

This song and the character singing it are very famous in France, and I am legitimately curious to know how many of non-native French speakers here have at least heard about him and/or a part of that song ?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Like... Honey Queen...

Okay, bad example.
I'm with you there. I really don't find the prospect of a Nintendo Kart very appealing at all. The amount of content from other series in Mario Kart 8 is fine but a whole crossover racing game is just meh.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now my revised list of characters i think will be in mario kart 8/9
(im operating on the idea its everything in 8 with 12 new characters 4 new cups and an actual battle mode)
Diddy
Bowser Jr
King boo
Toadette
Petey Pirahna
Birdo
Hammer Bro
R.O.B
Kirby
King DDD
Meta Knight
Captian Falcon
And if dlc were to happen the following would join in
Paratrooper
DryBones
Lakitu
Wiggler
Dk Jr
Magikoopa

also Koopa troopa, Toad, Paratroopa, Hammer bro, and Magikoopa
would get alt costumes like yoshi and shyguy
(hammer bro getting less because it would be the other 3 Bro types, Fire, Ice, Boomerang)

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
A Super Smash Bros. racing spin-off would be fun. It'd be played like Mario Kart, with Smash items in the boxes. Everyone would be able to use their specials too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Melee HD wouldn't be a good idea imo because of these reasons
1. MUCH smaller roster. Loads of beloved characters GONE. When I had to choose between Melee or Brawl as a kid. I chose Brawl because Sonic was in that one
2. Smash is a party game. Before people whine 'muh tohnamintz' hear me out. Items. Trophies. Adventure Mode/SSE/Smash Run/ Smash Tour. Those were certainly not included for the competitive crowd, and considering how lazy Omega stages are, y'know, the thing intended to cater towards the competitive crowd, it proves that Sakurai at the very least cares more about the more casual players
3. Changes. If I remember correctly, Wavedashing wasn't removed due to being deemed insignificant. Knowing Nintendo, they'd want to get rid of those glitches, to which the Melee crowd would whine and moan and refuse to buy the game, therefore, losing Melee HD's core audience

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
If we were to expand into Nintendo Kart, in addition to the ones added in MK8's DLC who would be added?

1st Party (owned entirley by Nintendo)
Zelda
BotW Link
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnel
Samus Aran
Captain Douglas Jay Falcon

2nd Party (Owned partially by Nintendo, requires another company's name to be added to credits)
Kirby
Meta Knight
Marth
Chrom
Lucina
Chibi Robo

Pokemon (Because the releationship between Nintendo and the Pokemon company is more like shared custody these days.)
Pikachu
Trainer (Likley Sun/Moon)
Lucario
Greninja

3rd Party (Guest characters)
Pac-Man (done it before)
Mega Man (Battle and Chase?)
SONIC (you know you want it)
Mega Man has the kart, bike, course, and music parts covered so he would have little to no trouble fitting in large part due to the huge amount of source material that he has.

The course would obviously be Wily's Castle; would be similar to Bowser's Castle and the music would more than likely be a remix to Dr. Wily Stage 1 & 2 from Mega Man 2.

Mario Kart wishlist? Here's mine:

Bowser Jr. (returning)
Diddy Kong (returning)
Dry Bones (returning)
Petey Piranha (returning)
King K. Rool
Kamek
Goomba (I can dream)
King Bob-omb
Kirby

I don't expect many of these happen, because Nintendo seems to prefer babies and palette swaps...

Chrono.

I just want to see ROB in Mario Kart again. He was a fun addition.

--------------

Oh, and by the way... Pokéfusions on the next level.
LMAO That's SmogonCC's art.

For those who don't know, SmogonCC was a notorious parody leaker, he edited and spliced existing Pokemon art and passed them off as "leaks" as a joke.

He was around for XY mostly, after that he disappeared and never came back.

The fact that someone out there used his edits for actual bootlegs is hilarious.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
People I'd love to see in Mario Kart 9 or whatever the next one is called:

Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Cranky Kong
Spike
Kirby
King Dedede
Captain Olimar
R.O.B.
Petey Piranha
E. Gadd
Dr. Mario
Nabbit
Captain Toad
Geno (Ha, I know.)
Plessie
Inklings (Girl and Boy)
Callie
Marie (If it was still Double Dash, Callie and Marie together please)
Tom Nook
Pikachu
Meowth
How would R.O.B. Ride a bike? Lol

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Uni, it's absolutely delicious. But it's something you need to get used to. Most people are turned off by it's unusual texture alone to enjoy it's taste

It's sea urchin roe...But more precisely it's the gonads and eggs of a sea urchin
Almost every sushi are good with soy sauce.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's funny, I don't get nearly as invested in Mario Kart characters and track ideas as I do with Smash. I'm not really sure why.
I just dont care who is in the game. Im only gonna see their face when I do tricks anyway. Half the time Ill only see the back of their head
I'm with you there. I really don't find the prospect of a Nintendo Kart very appealing at all. The amount of content from other series in Mario Kart 8 is fine but a whole crossover racing game is just meh.
I dont think A nintendo kart is nessessary either tbh. I mean, there is smash

Just noticed that went aginst me being happy with anyone.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, Smash having a new mini-game like a Kart Racing variant could be fun. Even Mortal Kombat did it. It doesn't have to be some big thing, just a bunch of courses(maybe one per overall franchise in the final game, add more for any DLC that could happen), and just give everyone a special move befitting them. Yes, I'm suggesting repeating Motor Kombat for the most part, but it's a pretty well-made mini-game overall. Nothing fancy, just pure silly fun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I need to vent about The Walking Dead because the premiere today was completely and totally disappointing to me.

Alright, so most of this revolves around Glenn and why I think his death was absolutely lazy and stupid. My opinion. First of all killing off Abraham was a good thing. A great character who was always fun to watch and had a lot of fans behind him. His story was wrapped up nicely in Season 6 with him finding love in Sasha and admitting to Eugene that he was sorry and proud of him. Good death. Well written. I applaud them for that.

Glenn, though. Like really? From a standpoint of a fan I though the death was heart-wrenching but after a second viewing I realize how absolutely pointless it has made everything in season 6 and more that has lead up to this point. First of all Glenn should have died a LONG time ago. Season 4 imo when he was married and made peace with everything and everyone he needed to make peace with. Nope. They drug on and on with no story attached to him whatsoever. Same with Maggie. Both these characters have done so very little that has made a dramatic impact on the story. Personal or otherwise. And don't say anything about Nicholas. That was terrible in its own right. But finally FINALLY after 2 seasons of no good reasons for these characters existing they finally get a good story arc. And what do they do? Kill that story dead. Right as it was getting somewhere they decided 'Oh let's make her lose the baby for dramatic effect' and 'Oh we should really kill off Glenn too because, y'know the comic books!' Really? I know it was Maggie's fault they were out there to begin with but still leading that into a character death that ruins a perfectly good story is just stupid. Even if she absolutely HAD to lose the baby for the sake of not having more babies on set they could have made her fall into depression and made them both cope with it. And then at the end of season 7 when they have made peace with each other and were promised happily ever after they could have did the comic book death that they oh so badly wanted to do. But they didn't. Instead we now have a, presumably, totally useless Maggie coupled with an amazing cast of characters of which will completely over shadow her at all turns.

Good job, guys! You missed your shot to make either of them relevant again.
Hey
it's the same thing with Daryl. He literally only does one big thing a season and then is just around. He should've been the one that was put down in this episode. But he won't ever cause AMC doesn't have the balls to kill him off.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Melee HD wouldn't be a good idea imo because of these reasons
1. MUCH smaller roster. Loads of beloved characters GONE. When I had to choose between Melee or Brawl as a kid. I chose Brawl because Sonic was in that one
2. Smash is a party game. Before people whine 'muh tohnamintz' hear me out. Items. Trophies. Adventure Mode/SSE/Smash Run/ Smash Tour. Those were certainly not included for the competitive crowd, and considering how lazy Omega stages are, y'know, the thing intended to cater towards the competitive crowd, it proves that Sakurai at the very least cares more about the more casual players
3. Changes. If I remember correctly, Wavedashing wasn't removed due to being deemed insignificant. Knowing Nintendo, they'd want to get rid of those glitches, to which the Melee crowd would whine and moan and refuse to buy the game, therefore, losing Melee HD's core audience
The thing is, Melee is a top 10 esport in viewership. Nintedo clearly knows this, which is why they continue to sponsor tournaments. Remaking Melee for the Switch is pretty much guaranteed to push units. It will also expand the scene, considering Melee is really expensive, uncommon, and obtuse (having to carry around bulky CRTs and all). If they streamline the game a bit (balance changes to move the cast closer together).

Casuals will have interest in the game, even if it's not likely to push Smash 4 levels of units. People who do not play competitively will still have interest in buying Melee HD, because it's a game they played as a kid and have memories of but with a fresh coat of paint, or because they don't have it any more and want to relive it, or maybe they want to get into the competitive scene after watching top level play, or whatever else. Melee does not just appeal to the hardcore, that's a silly assumption.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing is, Melee is a top 10 esport in viewership. Nintedo clearly knows this, which is why they continue to sponsor tournaments. Remaking Melee for the Switch is pretty much guaranteed to push units. It will also expand the scene, considering Melee is really expensive, uncommon, and obtuse (having to carry around bulky CRTs and all). If they streamline the game a bit (balance changes to move the cast closer together).

Casuals will have interest in the game, even if it's not likely to push Smash 4 levels of units. People who do not play competitively will still have interest in buying Melee HD, because it's a game they played as a kid and have memories of but with a fresh coat of paint, or because they don't have it any more and want to relive it, or maybe they want to get into the competitive scene after watching top level play, or whatever else. Melee does not just appeal to the hardcore, that's a silly assumption.
When you have an option of 2 games in the same franchise, what would you prefer? The critically acclaimed one that has tournaments? Or the critically acclaimed one that has tournaments and about twice as many characters? That's something that a Melee HD wouldn't be able to compete with if both games have a similar price

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember when Aonuma said he was thinking about doing more things with Linkle?

Good times. :troll:
She's eventually going to be forgotten and underutilized. Just like what happened with Zoroark. :p

Come on, it's not like Ao was completely serious about what he said. This is the same man that wants to put a modern motorcycle in the Zelda universe (Master Cycle).

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't know if Nintendo is wise enough to make Melee HD $40 or something. I mean, Zelda HD ports were full price and so was SFZ (though the context is different, I suppose). But I'm sure they're aware of how powerful the draw of Melee is, and how making a new, more accessible version would likely expand its audience (though they'd have to be very careful).

Also I'm not totally sure why a game having more stuff in it automatically makes it more appealing to people. I'm not the average consumer though, so I digress.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I only think we'll get "Melee HD" if the Switch's currently hypothetical VC has Gamcube games. They released the original 64 game on the Wii so there's no reason why not.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Making rhyhorn and Rhydon grass types and Rhyperior a Grass/Steel makes sense. Especially since Rock Wrecker would have to be a Grass type move and then the name would make more sense. lol

Chrono.

Remember when Aonuma said he was thinking about doing more things with Linkle?

Good times. :troll:
Two things.

1) This post is worded oddly

2) She's barely been a character for a year, maybe wait until they finish up all this HWL and BOTW stuff before saying she's dead? Games and spin-offs just don't come out of the blue y'know...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't see what the big deal is anyways. Yes it would look nicer, but Melee's graphics are pretty good. The only thing regarding Melee I agree with is adding it to NSwitch's assumed VC so we don't have to own a GameCube/Wii just to play it. Releasing an HD version just amps its price up.
Making rhyhorn and Rhydon grass types and Rhyperior a Grass/Steel makes sense. Especially since Rock Wrecker would have to be a Grass type move and then the name would make more sense. lol
Making Rock Wrecker a Grass-Type means we have two Frenzy Plants. The only difference being ones Physical, ones Special. I don't use either so I could care less but in my opinion, keep RW a Rock-Type attack.

As for a Grass/Steel Rhyperior, well I fully agree on. I'd be all over that ****. Especially with Solid Rock.

D

Deleted member

I founf the new RWBY intro by accident on Youtube and...
Was... was the fight animation always this awful or did the quality drop significantly?
Like, the models look way nicer and there's even a new character with a different head shape but the movements just look awkward
People who do not play competitively will still have interest in buying Melee HD, because it's a game they played as a kid and have memories of but with a fresh coat of paint, or because they don't have it any more and want to relive it, or maybe they want to get into the competitive scene after watching top level play, or whatever else
You do realise that:
People who didn't play Melee>>>>>>>>>>People who played Melee

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Alrighty, that's enough Internet for me. You can only go so far with Pissed Off Kirby. :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Another Region-Form Pokemon that'd be cool to see is Ampharos's line becoming something like a "black sheep", being Dark/Electric-Types, focused on Attack, and learning moves like Crunch and Wild Charge.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 23: Monster Mash

A crazy classic that screams cheesy movies and silly spooks. That's what Halloween is all about, right?

Tomorrow...
Our next theme...
Takes many forms.
A warning? A scare? A profound tale?
It's almost dark...
The stars are coming.

You thought it would be Opossum... but it was actually him, @Lord Dio! Brando with the correct guess.
Are You Afraid of the Dark?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

And now the "Pokemon Go is dead" jokes are starting to make sense.

Moar Zubats and Drowsees when there were enough of them around the area.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also decided to make my own Mario Kart Dream Roster because why not? :p

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Waluigi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Koopa Troopa
King Boo
Peter Piranha
Wiggler
Dry Bones
Toadette
Honey Queen
Koopalings (under one slot this time a la the Yoshis or Miis)
Mii's

R.O.B.
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Pac-Man
Hammer Bro.
E. Gadd
Plessie
Nabbit
Penguru
Whittle
Gearmo
Pianta
King K. Rool

Little Mac (Kart: Punch Buggy | Bike: Doc's Bike)
Chrom (Kart: The Convoy | Bike: Bike of the Exalt)
Henry Fleming (Kart: Steam Engine | Bike: Red Bike of Courage)
Starfy (Kart: The Clamshell | Bike: Pride of Pufftop)
Inkling (Kart: The Kraken | Bike: The Inkstrike)

Tried to keep with the spirit of Mario Kart for the most part, bringing back most key veterans while leaving one or two mysteriously absent, as is tradition lately, while also adding some neat Mario NPCs to the roster. I also threw in some crossover ideas too, with three that have Mario series ties, and two that don't, just for fun. :p

So who would you main?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom