• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also decided to make my own Mario Kart Dream Roster because why not? :p

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Waluigi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Koopa Troopa
King Boo
Peter Piranha
Wiggler
Dry Bones
Toadette
Honey Queen
Koopalings (under one slot this time a la the Yoshis or Miis)
Mii's

R.O.B.
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Pac-Man
Hammer Bro.
E. Gadd
Plessie
Nabbit
Penguru
Whittle
Gearmo
Pianta
King K. Rool

Little Mac (Kart: Punch Buggy | Bike: Doc's Bike)
Chrom (Kart: The Convoy | Bike: Bike of the Exalt)
Henry Fleming (Kart: Steam Engine | Bike: Red Bike of Courage)
Starfy (Kart: The Clamshell | Bike: Pride of Pufftop)
Inkling (Kart: The Kraken | Bike: The Inkstrike)

Tried to keep with the spirit of Mario Kart for the most part, bringing back most key veterans while leaving one or two mysteriously absent, as is tradition lately, while also adding some neat Mario NPCs to the roster. I also threw in some crossover ideas too, with three that have Mario series ties, and two that don't, just for fun. :p

So who would you main?
I'd most likely stick with Link (my main in 8), but I'd might consider dropping him for Pac-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also decided to make my own Mario Kart Dream Roster because why not? :p

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Waluigi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Shy Guy
Lakitu
Koopa Troopa
King Boo
Peter Piranha
Wiggler
Dry Bones
Toadette
Honey Queen
Koopalings (under one slot this time a la the Yoshis or Miis)
Mii's

R.O.B.
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Pac-Man
Hammer Bro.
E. Gadd
Plessie
Nabbit
Penguru
Whittle
Gearmo
Pianta
King K. Rool

Little Mac (Kart: Punch Buggy | Bike: Doc's Bike)
Chrom (Kart: The Convoy | Bike: Bike of the Exalt)
Henry Fleming (Kart: Steam Engine | Bike: Red Bike of Courage)
Starfy (Kart: The Clamshell | Bike: Pride of Pufftop)
Inkling (Kart: The Kraken | Bike: The Inkstrike)

Tried to keep with the spirit of Mario Kart for the most part, bringing back most key veterans while leaving one or two mysteriously absent, as is tradition lately, while also adding some neat Mario NPCs to the roster. I also threw in some crossover ideas too, with three that have Mario series ties, and two that don't, just for fun. :p

So who would you main?
Ditching all babies and palette swaps and putting Koopalings to one slot is a huge plus.

I'd probably main Bowser and King K. Rool.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Apparently whatever the new Monster Hunter is, it's neither a Switch nor a smartphone title.

Something about it being mentioned below the title.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're getting a Monster Hunter Direct and an Animal Crossing Direct within a week of each other.

You do realize you're spoiled, right? :awesome:
Thank you Nintendo, for showing just how much you love me
Apparently whatever the new Monster Hunter is, it's neither a Switch nor a smartphone title.

Something about it being mentioned below the title.
its probably another 3DS game, and seeing how its not a NA direct, its probably a game NA isnt getting yet

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My guess is MH5 for 3DS, and a MH5G in late 2017/early 2018 for the Switch.

Plenty of time to finish MHG. (Curse you Deadeye Yian Garuga)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the Investor Meeting happens on Wednesday right? If so what time does it happen?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just got hit with the realization that with Nintendo no longer making any Switch announcements this year means a Metroid title likely won't be coming for its launch...otherwise why wouldn't they announce it on the year of its 30th Anniversary?...It doesn't make sense for it otherwise...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
When you have an option of 2 games in the same franchise, what would you prefer? The critically acclaimed one that has tournaments? Or the critically acclaimed one that has tournaments and about twice as many characters? That's something that a Melee HD wouldn't be able to compete with if both games have a similar price
If they're both critically acclaimed and both have tournaments, you're going to go to the one that fits your gameplay interests more.

Also releasing remasters around the same time as a new release surprisingly sells more copies
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/142849261685/about-the-re-release-post-is-it-possible-that-a

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also. . .I had a worry about what would happen to Pokemon Amie/Refresh on the Switch. . .but some rumors are indicating that the Switch has touch controls and one of the sticks might even have an IR sensor to replicate them in docked mode.

Give or take a couple of taller models that peek out onto the upper screen part of the time, that would solve the problem PERFECTLY. It's not something that seems like it would require a lot of precision, Pokemon is a single player game which would solve the problem of it possibly being only one stick, and the idea of it replicating motion controls would even add to the immersion in docked gameplay.

This is, of course, if the rumors are actually accurate, but if all of them were then Amie/Refresh might have some chance of going from "at risk" to "better than before!"

As for other games, I'm guessing the lowered accuracy and touching the same spot you're supposed to be looking at would lower the number of non-smartphone-style games that use it by quite a bit. The vast majority of Amie/Refresh interactions only happen on one screen, though, so with a couple of tweaks to allow for taller Pokemon it would work almost exactly the same.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Also. . .I had a worry about what would happen to Pokemon Amie/Refresh on the Switch. . .but some rumors are indicating that the Switch has touch controls and one of the sticks might even have an IR sensor to replicate them in docked mode.

Give or take a couple of taller models that peek out onto the upper screen part of the time, that would solve the problem PERFECTLY. It's not something that seems like it would require a lot of precision, Pokemon is a single player game which would solve the problem of it possibly being only one stick, and the idea of it replicating motion controls would even add to the immersion in docked gameplay.

This is, of course, if the rumors are actually accurate, but if all of them were then Amie/Refresh might have some chance of going from "at risk" to "better than before!"

As for other games, I'm guessing the lowered accuracy and touching the same spot you're supposed to be looking at would lower the number of non-smartphone-style games that use it by quite a bit. The vast majority of Amie/Refresh interactions only happen on one screen, though, so with a couple of tweaks to allow for taller Pokemon it would work almost exactly the same.
why are they talking about pokemon on the switch?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
why are they talking about pokemon on the switch?
Nobody is other than fans saying the "console and handheld combined means console Pokemon" thing and the one interview a long while back saying Game Freak would make games of some kind for the NX, I'm just wondering about stuff at random because speculating about stuff other than what's right in front of our noses is fun for me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Didn't Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix release while SF4 was still rather new? Namco did a similar thing with Tekken as well, Tag Tournament HD and Tag Tournament 2 released around the same time.

These things happen all the time. I don't see the harm in Melee HD.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Didn't Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix release while SF4 was still rather new? Namco did a similar thing with Tekken as well, Tag Tournament HD and Tag Tournament 2 released around the same time.

These things happen all the time. I don't see the harm in Melee HD.
Yup, just a few months after. And neither game was cannibalized because of it.

Cannibalization doesn't happen with remasters, it happens when two new games, similar games are released. I'd imagine that's partly why DICE opted to use World War I as a setting as opposed to something Sci-Fi like Titanfall. Keeps their two FPS franchises still looking distinct and different.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's official, #TeamLitten and #TeamPopplio need to form an alliance since both are alike in many ways.

Real talk, this image hit me hard after seeing it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in light of this Mario Kart 9 roster discussion, I want to start a new Mario Kart topic:

Recent Mario Kart games have been adding new gameplay elements to races. For example:
  • Mario Kart Wii introduced bikes, tricks, and wheelies
  • Mario Kart 7 introduced gliding and underwater racing
  • Mario Kart 8 introduced anti-gravity racing
What's a new gameplay element you want to see in Mario Kart 9?

All I can think of was a scratched concept from Mario Kart 8 where you could use a drill to access different areas of a track. For Mario Kart 9, I can imagine the drill finally coming to use, but it would mainly be used as a new way of performing shortcuts, where you could go through small caves or large walls.

D

Deleted member

It's official, #TeamLitten and #TeamPopplio need to form an alliance since both are alike in many ways.

Starter reveals are always like this:
Tepig was popular but started to get ****ted on because of Pignite and due getting the Fighting type
Oshawott was hated but opinions changed with Dewott and Samurott
Snivy got ****ted on because of Serperior "looking too similar"

Fennekin was the most popular Gen 6 starter after the first trailer but we all know how it all ended up
Chespin was also rather popular but that dropped with Quilladin and Chesnaught didn't impress many
Froakie had the most drastic change of opinions, started as the most hated starter and ended up as Greninja AKA Charizard 2.0

Now we have Popplio being trashed on with the initial reveal with the hate going down over time even though Entermaid seems to be Love It Or Hate It at the moment
Litten being the second most popular starter with the first trailer but getting a lot of **** now because some fans didn't have their 4-leg expectations met
Rowlett is the only starter that managed to have its popularity stay consistent throughout all the pre-release period since Gen 5

Also, lol, Beltigre crying fire tears
That comic is really well drawn though, do you have the source?
EDIT: damnit, put a NSFW tag on this
a76-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Good thing I like Rowlet, where no one is fighting nor do we give a ****

Where is Rowlet sitting in the back drinking his tea?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't see what the big deal is anyways. Yes it would look nicer, but Melee's graphics are pretty good. The only thing regarding Melee I agree with is adding it to NSwitch's assumed VC so we don't have to own a GameCube/Wii just to play it. Releasing an HD version just amps its price up.

Making Rock Wrecker a Grass-Type means we have two Frenzy Plants. The only difference being ones Physical, ones Special. I don't use either so I could care less but in my opinion, keep RW a Rock-Type attack.

As for a Grass/Steel Rhyperior, well I fully agree on. I'd be all over that ****. Especially with Solid Rock.
But if Rock Wrecker were still a rock type then Rhyperior couldn't get a STAB from its unique move. Just like how how Aura Sphere will be Ice type in Pokemon Winters. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The similarity has always been there, they've always both been treated as nothing more than punching bags for Team Rowlet to beat up on. The main difference was who got the extremity, which the comic demonstrates.

I wish people could at least be polite about and tolerate all starters, but I guess that's too much to ask. . .

Anyway, I'm more than happy to just appreciate the starters for who they are instead of judging them. Too many things get heat because people feel like everything has to be about superiority and putting other things down, or blaming them for not having things that never would have happened in the first place.

:4lucario::4sonic::4darkpit::4corrin:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I wish people could at least be polite about and tolerate all starters, but I guess that's too much to ask. . .
Ill just say this

In the end, who cares. They are fantasy monsters. They arent that deep
I know Ill get slammed but wow, people take fake monsters to seriously a lot

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Starter reveals are always like this:
Tepig was popular but started to get ****ted on because of Pignite and due getting the Fighting type
Oshawott was hated but opinions changed with Dewott and Samurott
Snivy got ****ted on because of Serperior "looking too similar"

Fennekin was the most popular Gen 6 starter after the first trailer but we all know how it all ended up
Chespin was also rather popular but that dropped with Quilladin and Chesnaught didn't impress many
Froakie had the most drastic change of opinions, started as the most hated starter and ended up as Greninja AKA Charizard 2.0

Now we have Popplio being trashed on with the initial reveal with the hate going down over time even though Entermaid seems to be Love It Or Hate It at the moment
Litten being the second most popular starter with the first trailer but getting a lot of **** now because some fans didn't have their 4-leg expectations met
Rowlett is the only starter that managed to have its popularity stay consistent throughout all the pre-release period since Gen 5

Also, lol, Beltigre crying fire tears
That comic is really well drawn though, do you have the source?
EDIT: damnit, put a NSFW tag on this
View attachment 119688
You're welcome, fresh from Know Your Meme.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1183494-pokemon-sun-and-moon

And I don't think a tag is necessary since Popplio obvious jumped Litten for a hug. Though that won't stop some wondering minds.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So in light of this Mario Kart 9 roster discussion, I want to start a new Mario Kart topic:

Recent Mario Kart games have been adding new gameplay elements to races. For example:
  • Mario Kart Wii introduced bikes, tricks, and wheelies
  • Mario Kart 7 introduced gliding and underwater racing
  • Mario Kart 8 introduced anti-gravity racing
What's a new gameplay element you want to see in Mario Kart 9?

All I can think of was a scratched concept from Mario Kart 8 where you could use a drill to access different areas of a track. For Mario Kart 9, I can imagine the drill finally coming to use, but it would mainly be used as a new way of performing shortcuts, where you could go through small caves or large walls.
The drill would probably be dumb.

D

Deleted member

Ill just say this

Too true, people should just stick to what they truelly enjoy rather than what the groupmind thinks, it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Chrono.

Playing Dragon Quest VII
>Doing a dungeon where enemies hit a ton
>Get to the boss fight
>The boss decides to sic 3 huge robots at me
>Gets to the actual boss fight
>It summons enemies to it's aid
>Beats them all
>Turns out there's ANOTHER boss fight after that
>No HP/MP regained so I got rekt

Well that was pleasant.

Luckily, I don't have to do ALL of that again, only the final final boss of that dungeon was at the end (and I just beat him) but Christ that was a process.

It doesn't help that if your party dies, only the main character comes back. You gotta get a priest to revive your other party members which sounds simple enough, except I didn't have enough money so I had to level grind with a gimped party and hope for the best (easier said than done because the main character is more of a support guy, which is another can of worms).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The drill would probably be dumb.
It really depends on how it's utilized. If it can be used to split the course into several different paths it could probably be lots of fun. Of course, it could also be a useless *** gimmick, but depending on how Nintendo implements it, it could be cool.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I remembered I have a question for people who've been following the Sun/Moon datamining.

Did anyone say what Pokemon the remaining unrevealed Pokemon-specific Z-moves were meant for? You know, like the Pikachu throwing and the Snorlax thing. Did anyone say what the others were?

Last edited:

Chrono.

OK, I remembered I have a question for people who've been following the Sun/Moon datamining.

Did anyone say what Pokemon the remaining unrevealed Pokemon-specific Z-moves were meant for? You know, like the Pikachu throwing and the Snorlax thing. Did anyone say what the others were?
Nope.

Only new moves revealed were the Starters signature moves.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

No and no

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ill just say this

Tell that to the people who want to crucify a certain Alola Form.

But what else can you expect from a spoiled cat inbred for generations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom