• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know who's my favorite generic trainers in XY? The Brains & Brawn duo.

Don't they look cute together?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Google thinks the Ballot was rigged and apparently strongly supports Shrek's inclusion in Smash Bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Google thinks the Ballot was rigged and apparently strongly supports Shrek's inclusion in Smash Bros.
This reminds me. The other day there was a popular Reddit thread asking people who weren't conspiracy theorists what the one conspiracy theory they believed was.

One of the top answers, among all the more serious ones, was one guy saying the Smash Ballot was rigged. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I got so hooked on fighting Mizutsune In HM:Gen that I forgot I have a test tomorrow
Yeah, Mitzune's incredibly fun to hunt, made the armorset and weapons so easy to craft and even max out.

And yeah, I also tend to procrastanate or do something fun only to realize sonething important is coming up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 24: The Twilight Zone

A classic in its own right, the Twilight Zone brings chills and twists with an often moral lesson. Who could forget it's twisted theme that hailed its coming?

Tomorrow...

Deep in the ground,
before any patches
a terribly strange form
rises after 50 matches!

@Lord Dio takes the point for today!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Twilight Zone also had the same set from Back to the Future in it's first episode

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

You mean the one irrelevant ogre that's going to be needlessly milked because Dreamworks is running out of original ideas?

If I said this in a brogres' board, they would have ripped me apart for saying that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Almost forgot about the ballot. I wonder if this will be used again IF the Smash Switch has new faces.
I'm almost certain that if there are new faces the Ballot's going to be at least used as a reference. The Japanese Ballot had a line along the lines of "results may be used for future games," so I'm sure using it as a reference for adding fresh faces was always in the back of their minds somewhere.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come in Rudolf they never show Olive the other reindeer?

Isn't he the one that used to laugh at Rudolf and call him names?

You'd think his bully would be important to the plot

Edit:

Damnit that pun isn't even original

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Day 24: The Twilight Zone

A classic in its own right, the Twilight Zone brings chills and twists with an often moral lesson. Who could forget it's twisted theme that hailed its coming?

Tomorrow...

Deep in the ground,
before any patches
a terribly strange form
rises after 50 matches!

@Lord Dio takes the point for today!
It's the Brinstar Depths theme from Melee.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, Mitzune's incredibly fun to hunt, made the armorset and weapons so easy to craft and even max out.

And yeah, I also tend to procrastanate or do something fun only to realize sonething important is coming up.
He wasnt even my main hunt. the main hunt was Bulldrome but I saw Mitz and I just ignored the poor Bull lol

Edit:

Omg I love Olive, The other Reindeer

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean the one irrelevant ogre that's going to be needlessly milked because Dreamworks is running out of original ideas?

If I said this in a brogres' board, they would have ripped me apart for saying that.
Keyword: Used to be milked. Then they killed it off after the third film was a critical failure.

It's only until now that they want more after another company bought out Dreamworks. It's a long way to go until we know if this movie is a a good revival or an unneeded sequel.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm almost certain that if there are new faces the Ballot's going to be at least used as a reference. The Japanese Ballot had a line along the lines of "results may be used for future games," so I'm sure using it as a reference for adding fresh faces was always in the back of their minds somewhere.
It can also mean for veterans too. The point is that the poll is simply there to give the team ideas for characters and how they can play. Popularity can easily help choose some of course. Like Bayonetta was chosen. It's safe to say the number of votes alone isn't as important as being a viable choice(due to copyright issues, being a game character, etc.) while retaining good concepts for a moveset. She was the easiest to get and still easy for Sakurai to make workable. It makes sense she was chosen. It's hard to say who was more popular than her(we know she was in the top 5). If we remove the obviously impossible choices(Shrek, DBZ!Goku, and so on).

D

Deleted member

Keyword: Used to be milked. Then they killed it off after the third film was a critical failure.

It's only until now that they want more after another company bought out Dreamworks. It's a long way to go until we know if this movie is a a good revival or an unneeded sequel.
Don't you mean the forth?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fourth got lukewarm reception, but wasn't a critical failure. Most recognized Shrek Forever After as a decentish movie that was at least better than three, while largely forgettable.

Meanwhile Shrek the Third was nigh universally hated.

D

Deleted member

Edit:

I never even realized the pun of the title of that movie until now. :p

He wasnt even my main hunt. the main hunt was Bulldrome but I saw Mitz and I just ignored the poor Bull lol

Omg I love Olive, The other Reindeer
Oooooh, that hunt. Yeah, I did the exact same thing in that hunt. It's hard not to, Mitzune's so fun and dwarfs bulldrome. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
IIRC The mixed to negative reviews Shrek the Third got is what lead to Shrek 5 getting cancelled (until now that is) with the fourth film being last. Especially given that everyone loved the second movie for being funnier and overall better than the first film.

Though IMO I'm pretty meh about both films really. Some bad jokes in between and annoying characters (Arty, Charming, etc).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Went to Google
> Wanted to type "Killer Instinct unused"
> Accidentally misspelled "unused" as "unusde"
> Google said "Showing results for 'Killer Instinct nude'"

WHAT. THE. ****. GOOGLE!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
> Went to Google

One of B. Orchid's finishers is to actually flash the opponent. This shouldn't be too surprising. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
> Went to Google

Good guy Google only wanted to give you suggestions for an Orchid folder :4dk:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IIRC The mixed to negative reviews Shrek the Third got is what lead to Shrek 5 getting cancelled (until now that is) with the fourth film being last. Especially given that everyone loved the second movie for being funnier and overall better than the first film.

Though IMO I'm pretty meh about both films really. Some bad jokes in between and annoying characters (Arty, Charming, etc).
The Third really ruined Charming for me. You're not supposed to take him seriously, but damn did they try to make the audience do just that...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Nice post but...

Let's take a look at....more clues...
Up,Left,left,down,up 765counterclockwise, right, right,left,right,down,up 180toptobottomanticlockwise,down,up ARGH!

I'm getting cheatcode flashbacks.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It can also mean for veterans too. The point is that the poll is simply there to give the team ideas for characters and how they can play. Popularity can easily help choose some of course. Like Bayonetta was chosen. It's safe to say the number of votes alone isn't as important as being a viable choice(due to copyright issues, being a game character, etc.) while retaining good concepts for a moveset. She was the easiest to get and still easy for Sakurai to make workable. It makes sense she was chosen. It's hard to say who was more popular than her(we know she was in the top 5). If we remove the obviously impossible choices(Shrek, DBZ!Goku, and so on).
Well in terms of who could have ranked over her and still been excluded. . .I can think of two characters on top of the copyright nightmares that could have gotten high amounts of votes: Ridley and Ice Climbers. Both specifically stated to have reasons for not being added at the time, but both with support bases ready to ask for them anyway.

Other than that I'd assume the rest of the typical first party choices really were less popular since they would have been easier to add than a third party character that pushed several ratings issues at once. This includes Wolf, who was basically the Dark Pit of Brawl despite the extreme desire for him post-Ballot and might have had a quiet group of detractors voting for other characters.

Anyway, I can see them using it as more of a guideline for the Switch version instead of following the exact votes along the lines of how Cloud seems to have possibly been selected. In this case moreso because I'd assume they would want to primarily stick to first party characters with their choices in order to not have to go though too much further licensing, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In KI1 I was awesome with Spinal, I knew most of the combos except the super killer ones and even his finishers

Cinder was really cheap though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom