• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Uni, it's absolutely delicious. But it's something you need to get used to. Most people are turned off by it's unusual texture alone to enjoy it's taste

It's sea urchin roe...But more precisely it's the gonads and eggs of a sea urchin
Gimme. I want to try it now
I'll try anything new

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
8 wasn't the first Mario Kart to feature guest characters. DS had R.O.B., and the arcade spin-offs had Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, and the Taiko drum.
I forgot ROB. I pretty much consider the Arcade ones spin-offs though.

The characters sell it, but it's the gameplay that keeps people going. No one would be playing any of these games if they played like crap. Gameplay is still first and foremost, but the characters are a very important aspect.
But that's the thing. It's a Nintendo product. Very seldom do they put out a product that doesn't have at least fun gameplay. Fun gameplay is a given with a majority of their products. If anything the characters and gameplay should be equal. And Sakurai treats them as such.

Because let's be honest, there's not a damn thing wrong with the gameplay of Brawl and Wii U/3DS. Melee just has a certain set of rules and meta parts that were left behind from a man primarily overlooking them because he was doing a good portion of it on his own. Not that Melee isn't fun itself, again a Nintendo product.

Characters should equal to the gameplay and should definitely be the selling point. No one is even going to play the game to find out if the gameplay is worth it if the character roster is lacking.

Look at Mario Kart 7, lots of people hated that roster.

Look at PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. That had a fair share of characters people enjoy, but also messed up it's gameplay and it's roster.

Both things matter. But the first thing that is going to capture attention to get someone to play a game in a crossover? ''Does it have my favorite character?"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
8 wasn't the first Mario Kart to feature guest characters. DS had R.O.B., and the arcade spin-offs had Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, and the Taiko drum.
How dare you forget Mametchi. Playing Mario Kart as a tamagotchi is such an unforgettable experience :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kamiya probably has the world record for most people blocked on Twitter.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Brawl had random tripping.
Okay. One thing. One thing. And honestly it's the one thing that Sakurai has ever done that made me go and think long and hard about what he could have been possibly thinking with it's inclusion.

And even then? Tripping was so random and seldom that you could still just sit back and enjoy a game of Smash with your friends.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Holy **** my entire Twitter timeline is MAD about the new TWD season.

I don't even watch TWD, so I feel like that one gif from Community (the guy with the pizza, you've seen it).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Didn't Kamiya once get blocked himself because he blocked so many people that they thought he wasn't even human anymore?

I always like to imagine that when you meet him in person and ask him a stupid question or question he's tired of. He just throws his hand up in your face and says ''BLOCKED" very loudly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Back to the gameplay of Smash discussion.

Competitive players often so very much forget.

Every game is simply made for fun. The fun of all people. Including them.

Even the diehard fighting games take this at heart, maybe to a less extreme than Smash, because let's be honest there are people who will not touch nor never will the Street Fighters, Tekkens, Virtua Fighters, etc of the world, simply because they can't have fun when they have numerous combos and things to remember. Not one of them myself, but it's a truth of the gaming world.

Video games are suppose to be fun. If you ain't got fun. You've got nothing.

I think and am glad Sakurai realizes that and puts this first. He didn't set out to make the next Street Fighter when he made Smash. He set out to make the first Smash and it shows he succeeded by the greatest form of flattery.

Copycats.

Last edited:
Everyone so focused on a W101 port. And that makes sense. W101 is amazing. A 101/10 game. Top 5 of all time for me. I would love one too. And Red in smash

But can we PLEASE get this too? It was on a Nintendo console too :(
:061:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Everyone so focused on a W101 port. And that makes sense. W101 is amazing. A 101/10 game. Top 5 of all time for me. I would love one too. And Red in smash

VJoe was good.

Also balls hard sometimes.

But good.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Back to the gameplay of Smash discussion.

Competitive players often so very much forget.

Every game is simply made for fun. The fun of all people. Including them.

Even the diehard fighting games take this at heart, maybe to a less extreme than Smash, because let's be honest there are people who will not touch nor never will the Street Fighters, Tekkens, Virtua Fighters, etc of the world, simply because they can't have fun when they have numerous combos and things to remember. Not one of them myself, but it's a truth of the gaming world.

Video games are suppose to be fun. If you ain't go fun. You've got nothing.

I think and am glad Sakurai realizes that and puts this first. He didn't set out to make the next Street Fighter when he made Smash. He set out to make the first Smash and it shows he succeeded by the greatest form of flattery.

Copycats.
Kinda one of those people.
I mean, that's another reason why smash has bigger stages, stage gimmicks, items, and other things.
Granted, all of those things are why I like smash, and don't like games like street fighter or tekken.....too cramped and hard to get out of combos.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Henshin a go go, baby!

Gamecube nostalgia done right. But the dub for the anime on Kids WB was ok-ish.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And I bet other than me, few would want a remaster/re-release of Quest 64(or a proper translation of its Japanese version) on the Switch. :p

But yeah, there's a lot of potential with remakes and remasters. And it's not just fixing mechanics, but appealing to earlier players of the series/specific games and innovating as well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And I bet other than me, few would want a remaster/re-release of Quest 64(or a proper translation of its Japanese version) on the Switch. :p

But yeah, there's a lot of potential with remakes and remasters. And it's not just fixing mechanics, but appealing to earlier players of the series/specific games and innovating as well.
That game needs way more than a remaster.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really really really wish the rest of the world would realize that Robert Kirkman and his properties why good ideas are executed poorly by him.

He's the biggest definition of ''If I do this it will shock them and upset them! EVEN IF IT MAKES NO NARRATIVE SENSE OR HAS IMPACT ON THE NARRITAVE." I have ever seen.

Both the Walking Dead comics/show, Invincible, all of it. have just gotten beaten into the ground by the type of way he runs his properties.

I just got to the point where I had enough of him relying on shocking acts of brutality to just source up some drama that ultimately leads nowhere.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Him and your waifu Emily-chan since she wants to be right all the time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And that she was. My waifu had the last laugh over all the haters.

Played that game at a friends house almost a decade ago and didn't like it too much. Guess i'm not really in to Platinum games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ROB should return as a racer in Mario Kart. Honestly, he should be a staple racer, but that's just me. And considering Mario Kart's coming to NSwitch, I feel it would be cool to see him in it. Other racers I'd like to see are Hammer Bro, Funky Kong and if GF is truely getting more comfortable with crossovers, Pikachu.

...not that it would matter in my case because Shy Guy beats all. But still you know. It'd be nice. Especially ROB.

D

Deleted member

Here's a lesser-known game I'd like to see get a remaster AND a sequel for the Switch, both of which are unlikely.

"Viewtiful1 liked this"
heh

Here's a lesser-known game I'd like to see get a remaster AND a sequel for the Switch, both of which are unlikely.

Ive wanted to play this and pandora's tower ever since I played XC. Curse my endless backlog from keeping me away!

Guess i'm not really in to Platinum games.
Technically it isnt a platinum game but it is a kamiya game.

And the games (joe, bayo, w101) are
. . . acquured tastes to say the least

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That game needs way more than a remaster.
Not much more. The battle system is pretty much perfected as of the Japanese version. The story needs an overhaul, equal to the vastly superior Gameboy remake. The character designs are fine, but obviously need new 3D models to properly become HD. The item system really doesn't have to have an overhaul beyond a better inventory. The idea you cannot constantly stock up on stuff via buying it all is actually a pretty good system and makes it worth grinding alone. However, it needs updating so you can stock up items via enemy drops a little more. 3 per item is fine, though. It does need some kind of mini-game to keep it interesting. The dungeons suck due to being long with no way to save or understand where you're going. Either a "save anywhere" option or at the very least a proper map you can find is a good idea. It could even be gained by defeating a certain amount of battles first. A little bit of additional equipment would help(just upgrading your staff, cape, amulet you have) and maybe a few more key items(like a sound test).

Bar the map idea, everything I suggested is basically available in the remakes. Combining the information and concepts from all 3 main games(US/UK, Japanese, and Gameboy remake) more or less fixes the key issues. We don't need extra party members as they don't work within the game's design. It's perfect as 1 player only. It's fine to have maybe some more help from NPC's via cutscenes, or they could add more stuff like summon spells(being there's easily space for more spells on the spell menu).

Mind you, there's a lot more that could be done, but that's trying to keep it within the original games' designs and not completely breaking from them too much.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Viewtiful1 liked this"
heh

Ive wanted to play this and pandora's tower ever since I played XC. Curse my endless backlog from keeping me away!

Technically it isnt a platinum game but it is a kamiya game.

And the games (joe, bayo, w101) are
. . . acquured tastes to say the least
Yeah yeah I have **** taste and all. Just don't like the over the top nature of those games (Joe, Bayo, W101).
Up until the possibility of one of her oh so may switch rumors to be shown wrong if wrong
Emily is always right.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They should bring every racer fom old Mario Karts to 9 or new 8 whichever it is.
The Mario Kart development team is far too lazy for that.

This is the team that gave us a generic Bee Queen enemy instead of beloved favorites because for some reason she was easier to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom