• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played a match of Overwatch earlier and I like to call the my team in that match as"Zarya and the High Noons" cause there was 5 McCree's. Surprisingly we won.

I actually got the potg as McCree too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The last page reminds me, that

Sandbag needs to be playable in Smash Switch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really don't see the need for Melee HD. Might as well go and make Smash 64 HD and Brawl HD while you're at it.
Should release them in a collection, like the hundreds of HD Trilogies/Collections we started getting towards the end of the last console gen.

D

Deleted member

Rereleases of other fighting games sold pretty well all things considered.

Ports of Third Strike Online, Darkstalkers Resurrection, etc.

These things do sell.
"Darkstalkers Resurrection sold pretty well."

But not enough for Capcom to make a true sequel.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well I may want pichu but I just move on to whats new rather then to stick to something thats old
What if that new thing is worse than the old thing?
I played a match of Overwatch earlier and I like to call the my team in that match as"Zarya and the High Noons" cause there was 5 McCree's. Surprisingly we won.

I actually got the potg as McCree too.
I was on point with my Mei today. POTG, 3 gold medals. We held the first point on Hollywood defense and ****ing rushed them on attack. It's games like those I wish I had a beefier PC to record with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, first, they're not going to add new characters to a game that will be ~sixteen years old when they can add it to Smash 4, which likely still has an active dev team if it's getting that enhanced port. Second, they're not going to remove any game-breaking glitches and keep the glitches that everyone likes. It'd be an all or nothing deal there.
All those game-breaking glitches are banned in tourneys, so they're worthless anyway. Of course, we know that Wavedashing doesn't count as a glitch, and obviously the context of what I said was saying it doesn't count as one.

And I was talking about NPC characters from the first two games only. Nobody new to the series after Melee. Like the Polygons, Giga Bowser, the Hands(I cannot see these two being balanced), and the Wireframes. That said, a pure HD only would not ever happen anyway. Nintendo has made it clear they make improvements/changes no matter what. It's that or nothing, honestly. VC is far more likely than a straight port.

To reply to a different part of your post, I wouldn't say a Smash 4.5 is guaranteed at all. It could happen, but they could make an entirely new game. There's good reasons for both to happen, but no announcements exist. In fact, our only rumor says it's "Smash NX", which does not specify much of anything. We don't know jack about it beyond the system it's on. Being Smash 4 is done anyway, it'd probably be better to make an all new ones and let people move on.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dino Crisis 3, while it did jump the shark, at least still felt like Dino Crisis. It only lacked enemy variety and had an overdramatic plot.

Final Fight Streetwise however is the biggest example of what happens when you try adapting a 2D beat em up into 3D and going wrong with it. No one in the right mind should ever play that game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Darkstalkers Resurrection sold pretty well."

But not enough for Capcom to make a true sequel.
It sold fine. It reached Top 10 on PSN at one point.

It just didn't meet Capcom's "sale expectations". Whatever that means.
Darkstalkers was unfortunately never advertised outside of a few trailers here and there.

It's why I said "All things considered"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What if that new thing is worse than the old thing?

I was on point with my Mei today. POTG, 3 gold medals. We held the first point on Hollywood defense and ****ing rushed them on attack. It's games like those I wish I had a beefier PC to record with.
I'd want to record my gameplays but they'd be pretty embarrassing. lol

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just want Pichu back in Smash. It's the reason why I'm stuck having to play Melee to this day.

But I'm sure none of you would understand since he's "low tier clone fodder". :(
Well, there are mods (for Brawl at least. Did they they make one for Smash 4 yet?)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, there are mods (for Brawl at least. Did they they make one for Smash 4 yet?)
Tfw you have zero knowledge on how to make mods and lack the dedication to use them.

Oh wait, a hackless version of Project M exists. I should give it a try when I can since I still have my Wii.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If the new thing is worse then the old thing then I wont play either.

Id at least accept the new thing exists

Smash 4 is not the case seeing how I like the game and I find it good
You'd rather just stop playing altogether? It's not like the old thing isn't good anymore, it's just older.
I'd want to record my gameplays but they'd be pretty embarrassing. lol
Just take clips of when you're doing well and put them in a montage. No one will be able to tell that you're bad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay.

Metroid II.

I'm completely lost.

Gah!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Watched the new episode of RWBY

MRW I need to wait another week for the next episode

Making weapons from the remains of your dead girlfriend

Metal as ****
:061:
Not really her remains, rather her armor. But still. Also did you notice he's wearing a red sash now just like Pyrrha's?
Day 23: Monster Mash

A crazy classic that screams cheesy movies and silly spooks. That's what Halloween is all about, right?

Tomorrow...
Our next theme...
Takes many forms.
A warning? A scare? A profound tale?
It's almost dark...
The stars are coming.

You thought it would be Opossum... but it was actually him, Lord Dio Lord Dio ! Brando with the correct guess.
Hmmmm.......wild guess, the theme song to The Twilight Zone?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Darkstalkers had a horrible American cartoon series that I had never heard of.

No wonder it failed with it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like, in my opinion, that gameplay is something that comes sort of secondary, but not necessarily neglected in a crossover like Smash.

The main selling point to the mass majority is the fact that each installment sees more gaming icons from the past, and the currently beloved join the fray.

I'm glad Sakurai seems to recognize this too.

Of course the game has to play well and for the most part all of the Smashs have. Melee is overrated in terms of it's broken gameplay simply because it's far much easier in my opinion for an unseasoned professional hopeful to get better when there's faster ways of developing a meta game because of things left in that Sakurai didn't intend.

Where as with Brawl and Wii U Pro Players? I always respect them more because it takes more to learn how to adapt to a game that's perfectly polished as much as it can be and be able to contend on a professional field with it.

I feel like I rambled my point out and I hope I didn't offend anyone, but in my belief, a more polished game with more characters is the better way to sell a crossover. The characters should always be the selling point.

I feel this way about Overwatch and Mario Kart as well and they're not a crossover. Well, Mario Kart wasn't till 8.

Vibrant and lovable characters draw people to major games like this. There's just a satisfying feeling to seeing one of your favorites in a game of these multiplayer genres.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Been playing FF1 (Origins) a bunch over the past few days...it's been rather interesting, as previously the only version of FF1 I'd played was the GBA version.

One thing I learned while playing this was that for some reason, you can't take screenshots of PS! games when playing them on the PSTV(not sure about other systems). Which is annoying, to say the least. :glare:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I feel like, in my opinion, that gameplay is something that comes sort of secondary, but not necessarily neglected in a crossover like Smash.

The main selling point to the mass majority is the fact that each installment sees more gaming icons from the past, and the currently beloved join the fray.

I'm glad Sakurai seems to recognize this too.

Of course the game has to play well and for the most part all of the Smashs have. Melee is overrated in terms of it's broken gameplay simply because it's far much easier in my opinion for an unseasoned professional hopeful to get better when there's faster ways of developing a meta game because of things left in that Sakurai didn't intend.

Where as with Brawl and Wii U Pro Players? I always respect them more because it takes more to learn how to adapt to a game that's perfectly polished as much as it can be and be able to contend on a professional field with it.

I feel like I rambled my point out and I hope I didn't offend anyone, but in my belief, a more polished game with more characters is the better way to sell a crossover. The characters should always be the selling point.

I feel this way about Overwatch and Mario Kart as well and they're not a crossover. Well, Mario Kart wasn't till 8.

Vibrant and lovable characters draw people to major games like this. There's just a satisfying feeling to seeing one of your favorites in a game of these multiplayer genres.
The characters sell it, but it's the gameplay that keeps people going. No one would be playing any of these games if they played like crap. Gameplay is still first and foremost, but the characters are a very important aspect.

D

Deleted member

I feel this way about Overwatch, Mario Kart as well and they're not a crossover. Well, Mario Kart wasn't till 8.
8 wasn't the first Mario Kart to feature guest characters. DS had R.O.B., and the arcade spin-offs had Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Blinky, the Taiko drum, and Mametchi.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw how Uni is made.

It's my absolute favorite kind of sushi

What they do is cut it open while it is alive with a pair of kitchen scissors and scoop out it's innards with a spoon

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Uh, since this Smash speculation talk, do you know should be a newcomer? This guy:
DSCN2486.JPG

Nah, I'm kidding. Also, to any Crash fan, have you seen this toy? I found it randomly on a flea market, and apparently it is from Carl's Jr. back from 2001, and I think there were 2 more Crash toys, and some Spyro ones too back in the day.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** Abraham was expected, but Daryl just got Glen butchered. He was cool, R.I.P. Glen. Didn't expect you to go out that way.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just saw how Uni is made.

It's my absolute favorite kind of sushi

What they do is cut it open while it is alive with a pair of kitchen scissors and scoop out it's innards with a spoon
Looked it up
Yo Id try it. For all I know, I might love Uni also

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh, since this Smash speculation talk, do you know should be a newcomer? This guy:
View attachment 119620
Nah, I'm kidding. Also, to any Crash fan, have you seen this toy? I found it randomly on a flea market, and apparently it is from Carl's Jr. back from 2001, and I think there were 2 more Crash toys, ans some Spyro ones too back in the day.
I've seen several Crash toys on eBay and a long time ago on Naughty Dog's website, but I don't recall ever seeing that particular one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The characters sell it, but it's the gameplay that keeps people going. No one would be playing any of these games if they played like crap. Gameplay is still first and foremost, but the characters are a very important aspect.
I'd say they should be equally important.
Come for the characters, stay for the gameplay.
I'm sure most people first played Smash with the characters in mind, not the gameplay, which is what kept em coming back. This should be evident from the fact Smash was once Dragon King: The Fighting Game. Nintendo characters helped provide the game atmosphere, moreso than what original characters could do. If Dragon King came to fruition, I really doubt we'd all be here on Dragonboards talking about a HD port of Dragon King 2 for the Switch, even if the gemplay was stellar.
Likewise, if Smash 64 played like, oh I don't know, PSASBR, we wouldn't be here.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Uni, it's absolutely delicious. But it's something you need to get used to. Most people are turned off by it's unusual texture alone to enjoy it's taste

It's sea urchin roe...But more precisely it's the gonads and eggs of a sea urchin

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd say they should be equally important.
Come for the characters, stay for the gameplay.
I'm sure most people first played Smash with the characters in mind, not the gameplay, which is what kept em coming back. This should be evident from the fact Smash was once Dragon King: The Fighting Game. Nintendo characters helped provide the game atmosphere, moreso than what original characters could do. If Dragon King came to fruition, I really doubt we'd all be here on Dragonboards talking about a HD port of Dragon King 2 for the Switch, even if the gemplay was stellar.
Likewise, if Smash 64 played like, oh I don't know, PSASBR, we wouldn't be here.
whatever happend to PSASBR? It kinda fell away

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a coworker that always tried to get me to play W101

It looked interesting but I never tried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom