• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Reminder: just image posts/ video posts do not constitute a full post. Even if you are replying to something, reaction images are heavily discouraged. They will be marked as 'spam'. Repeated offenders will be given infractions.
I've never understood two issues on this site: double posting, and image responses.

I can see in extremes, the value of why those rules are in place. What I dont see is why they have to bother to be enforced; this site is full of coders left and right, is it honestly that difficult to just block the option to post ONLY a jpg, or to merge posts by the same users innately if they are back to back? We cannot respond with under 10 characters, and cannot respond twice within an allotted count of time (hitting reply many times). Why are these silly rules, half the work for you mods, not just built in?

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Oh no. An alt account. I'm so surprised. Look out, fellas, he thinks he can say what he wants and get away with it without ruining his real account.

Too bad he hasn't realized he's already given himself away.
Are you REALLY gonna derail the thread with such a stupid topic?

Go back to talking about amiibos.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
EDIT: Sorry if this goes against what you said @Opossum I didn't see your post before I replied.

Look at it this way. Isaac's franchise died due to poor sales. Basically a lack of interest.

Conversely, the Inklings have a huge casual and hardcore appeal. Splatoon is Nintendo's biggest new franchise since Animal Crossing (and could easily be the biggest since Star Fox by the end of its life cycle, it's already bordering being more successful than ACs debut).

Who is going to have more drawing power? The character that appeals to both markets, or the character that appeals to 1 of them?

It's pretty basic maths. 2 > 1.
Can't argue with that. I also said the Inklings had a solid shot. However, with Isaac's AT gone missing, you can't help but be suspicious of the fact.

Overall, I still stand that it's Isaac + Banjo, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up Inklings + Banjo instead.

However, my gut says we'll get four more DLC, I can also see Inklings being added alonside Wolf as non-ballot characters, ergo, characters they've worked on these past months. After all, a character coming soon is a very strong possibility as people will need something to placate them while the ballot characters are being worked on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you REALLY gonna derail the thread with such a stupid topic?

Go back to talking about amiibos.
Ok, please just leave here or stop this. Your acting completely incompetent in your posts and are just coming off as a jerk. You need to chill. You can't just come in here and tell everyone off and be an Arrogant **** Your going to get into some serious trouble if you don't stop.

Anyway, that aside, Anyone expecting news tonight?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
@Opossum I wanted to share this with you, since we were talking about hacks, I thought, why not bring up this?
*booming voice* IT BEGINS.

Didn't realize they were starting to make progress on SSB4 hacking. I did hear some stuff about replacing music, though.
How does it all work? Through codes and an sd card like in Brawl?

----

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Ok, please just leave here or stop this. Your acting completely incompetent in your posts and are just coming off as a jerk. You need to chill. You can't just come in here and tell everyone off and be an Arrogant **** Your going to get into some serious trouble if you don't stop.

Anyway, that aside, Anyone expecting news tonight?
I'm sorry, do you need a hug? :smirk:

Quit derailing the thread and let me discuss what I was discussing with the people that want to. If I bother you so much, then let me remind you of that nifty little ignore feature you have in your account.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@Opossum just lock the thread for a while...

This is ridiculous.

Neither side will stop when told. Learn to let things go. All of you.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Can't argue with that. I also said the Inklings had a solid shot. However, with Isaac's AT gone missing, you can't help but be suspicious of the fact.

Overall, I still stand that it's Isaac + Banjo, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up Inklings + Banjo instead.

However, my gut says we'll get four more DLC, I can also see Inklings being added alonside Wolf as non-ballot characters, ergo, characters they've worked on these past months. After all, a character coming soon is a very strong possibility as people will need something to placate them while the ballot characters are being worked on.
I was just using examples, I don't think Isaac is entirely unlikely but I think his chances are greatly overestimated. His lack of an Assist trophy could justas easily be attributed to the self-destruction of his franchise. There's no evidence to support that he was considered playable for 2 the initial roster so if anything his Assist being gone doesn't mean good things for him.

D

Deleted member

Butt Hunt is beautiful
Robotic Operating Butt has so much detail
And I can't choose which G&W to put on the stand

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
User was warned for this post
I'm sorry, do you need a hug? :smirk:

Quit derailing the thread and let me discuss what I was discussing with the people that want to. If I bother you so much, then let me remind you of that nifty little ignore feature you have in your account.
And congrats your the first, and only user, I will ignore on here. Trolls like you don't belong here.

But as per Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's request, this ends now. The only thread de-railer is you.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
I was just using examples, I don't think Isaac is entirely unlikely but I think his chances are greatly overestimated. His lack of an Assist trophy could justas easily be attributed to the self-destruction of his franchise. There's no evidence to support that he was considered playable for 2 the initial roster so if anything his Assist being gone doesn't mean good things for him.
True it could be, but GS music was kept in the game. Not only that, but music from Dark Dawn was added.

Plus, there's also popular demand, ranking as high as he is, greatly overshadowing other options is not something to be taken lightly.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah the 3 pack probably has the most well-constructed Amiibos yet. Duck Hunt isn't riddled with seams/lines, Rob is stupidly detailed, and they made up for G&W's simplicity with all the alts.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I still can't believe they managed to make the G&W amiibo work.

Nor did I imagine they'd give him multiple figures.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"forgive and forget" doesn't exactly work too well when the instigator continues to... well, instigate
Yes, but we are in a position where the instigator is not necessarily one that we have to deal with.

Ignore and simply wait for moderators to help.

D

Deleted member

Yeah the 3 pack probably has the most well-constructed Amiibos yet. Duck Hunt isn't riddled with seams/lines, Rob is stupidly detailed, and they made up for G&W's simplicity with all the alts.
*cough*Ganondorf*cough*

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

This is ridiculous.

Swamp feeling like that scene in Spider Man 2 where Spider Man realizes his web shooters don't work anymore

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I still can't believe they managed to make the G&W amiibo work.

Nor did I imagine they'd give him multiple figures.
To be fair, if they had Given us just G&W in his normal pose and nothing else, I would have probably argued that he isn't worth the 13 dollar price tag. Which is probably why he has multiple figures.

*cough*Ganondorf*cough*
Ganon looks pretty good, at least by "Humanish character" standards.
But I literally can't find faults with any of these 3.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorries if I wasn't supposed to respond to this. But there's no flaming in my post so I think it should be k.

EDIT: Sorry if this goes against what you said @Opossum I didn't see your post before I replied.

Look at it this way. Isaac's franchise died due to poor sales. Basically a lack of interest.
It's not like they gave it much of a chance though. 2/3 of his series sold better than several series on the roster on a per-game-basis.

And "lack of interest" might apply to the latest instalment in his series, but certainly not the idea of him in Smash.

Conversely, the Inklings have a huge casual and hardcore appeal. Splatoon is Nintendo's biggest new franchise since Animal Crossing (and could easily be the biggest since Star Fox by the end of its life cycle, it's already bordering being more successful than ACs debut).
Which is a great reason to keep them until next time when Smash will need new headlining newcomers.

I agree Inklings have a bigger audience and would be a bigger draw than Isaac nowadays. But that's not a reason they should inherently get in over him right now. A character like Inklings are so big... yet so recent that they're better off being saved.

Isaac, on the other hand, is a character with a pretty sizeable dedicated fanbase, but not a lot of general recognition. He doesn't have anything promotional power atm, but he's a fan favourite. Better off including him with a popularity ballot dictated by fanservice which is targeted at the more dedicated fans. Golden Sun may be dormant right now, it might even be dead, but that's not a reason to exclude Isaac as DLC. DLC seems to be predicated on popularity and demand; who will appeal to the market that consumes additional content moreso than the ideology that characters should now be include if they recently did something worth promoting, which is how the main roster skews nowadays.

Who is going to have more drawing power? The character that appeals to both markets, or the character that appeals to 1 of them?

It's pretty basic maths. 2 > 1.
Where is Nintendo going to want to put its new characters with more drawing power? Front and center of their next AAA release in the series to headline promotion, or tacked on at the tail end of DLC for a game which will likely already have been out for more than a year and isn't being followed now by nearly as many as it was? Inklings aren't going to have the same impact next time if they're included now.

That's also pretty basic maths.

Isaac makes more sense as DLC because Inklings make more sense as the Villager/Wario of the next game, aka, the big Nintendo newcomer used extensively to promote the game. I would be very surprised if Nintendo didn't have the foresight to see that.

Disregarding the current situation, just in general but especially with Smash's newfound bent on promoting the recent, Inkling is the better choice. Clearly. However the current situation and the potential future of the series is nothing to ignore either.

I'm not saying Isaac will get in... if K. Rool doesn't (and I don't think he will) I don't hold out much hope for Isaac. But I do think he's a better choice for tail-end DLC than Inklings.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

So what are your thoughts on K. Rool and his chances?

Soul.

This thread has been full of arguments since forever. Give them a break lol, it's like no one here can have a gentle discussion without it being covered in flame wars of anger.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

This is ridiculous.

Opossum doesn't have power in this section.

That said, just saying chill/ignore/drop it isn't cutting it, so we'll be right back after this word from our sponsors.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

We thank you for your patience, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming already in progess.

(Keep the spam and bickering to yourselves, or else we'll have to take another short break).

Strofirko

Smash Master
This thread is getting very mean,is like the 4th time this week we relentless gank up a user for having a different opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom