• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's a good thing you're not. I just wanted to get Ness. So I ordered his amiibo April 2nd. As of now I have 20 amiibo in my room now. Maybe even more this Sunday.
Once you go Amiibo,
You never Amiigo back.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

So I did a Google Search on Starforce figurines because the subject made me curious if there was anything passable that might look good in my game room or something.
Instead it gives me this.

But why tho Internet

That's not even a good ship like really
Sixty-four bucks for hentai? Do they want this to sell?!
Ten bucks maybe, I'll even settle for twenty, but $64 is asking for too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Same here, it's not that I don't want to but the ones I want (:4littlemac::4wiifit::4robinm:) is gonna cost me more than they should and I ain't paying $90 for all 3 of them
That's essentially how I feel. There are some that interest me, but some of the prices I've seen on eBay are absurd.

If I do buy any, they'd probably be a select few.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In which case he'd be Dedede 2.0 if you consider the Gordos, the range from his hammer, and his great recovery.

All the K.Rool movesets I've seen basically make me think, Dedede already does all that, but better.
Except Dedede's zoning ability sucks due to the fact that Gordos can be used against him. Rather they are used to control space and put pressure on the opponent.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
All I'm saying is I would hope to see Inklings due to their skyrocketing popularity, relevance, first-party-ness, and uniqueness over any other fighter except maybe Wolf because he's a veteran.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Son. You don't know what murky waters your getting yourself into right now. The Smash Community doesn't take insults very lightly. So I'd be careful if I was you as a forewarning...
Then the Smash community needs to develop thicker skin, because acting dumb and then asking people to play nice isn't the way the world works.

I appreciate the advice, but I think it's absurd we gotta conform to the tumblr ideal of making the internet everyone's hugbox.

If people wanna be treated like adults, then they should behave like adults.

I'm not waltzing in here hoping everyone is nice to me, I merely express my views as they are, and respond accordingly to the level of respect people demand with their attitude. I don't like falsehoods, and I accept that I'm not meant to like everyone, and not everyone is meant to like me.

If people are offended by words they see on the internet, especially when they're not personal insults directed to them as people but rather words thrown around for the sake of expression, then they seriously need to get out more, and actually interact with human beings.

Nothing I've said has been a direct attack on anyone here, in fact, the "sinful" image I posted was more of a generalization toward the sort of behavior and mentality you around these fanbases than anything else. If anyone felt offended, it's cause it hit close to home, and it just proves how correct that image is.

I don't see why I should pretend and be nice to everyone, if someone says something that's wrong, then I'll call them out on being wrong, and vice versa, I expect to be called out when I say stupid ****. We're not in kindergarten I mean...

Edit: I want to add that people get too attached to their characters, and take any sort of deflection waaayyy too personally. People need to stop taking their videogames so seriously.

I remember back in the Ridley days when mods had to tell people to calm down, and that they understood "Ridley was important to them." The degree of fanatism that can go on is absurd.

All I've done is merely take facts, and spell them out while correcting people who are wrong. What, I'm not nice about it? Well, people need to get over themselves.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Third party amiibo? I've really warmed up to the idea of a Mario and Sonic line. It be great to have amiibos of eggman, knuckles, shadow, and more from the series.

'Windows leak' in Mario Maker? What's this about?

A reminder the best way to make a problem disappear is to report and ignore/not reply ;)
EDIT damn blue frogs. . .

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be fair, ti doesn't tell us something we already didn't know.
I can't say I knew. At the very least I didn't know he was INTENTIONALLY made to be bad. They obviously didn't make him with "Breaking the Mold" in mind, but still...

Soul.

To put it the other way, if you can win with this character, you’ll look really cool.
If you see some brave warrior using this character in high level tournament matches, please applaud for them.
Lmao preach. This would be funny in Smash 4, if Pichu ever got in. inb4 pls remove rage. rage sucks

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Then the Smash community needs to develop thicker skin, because acting dumb and then asking people to play nice isn't the way the world works.

I appreciate the advice, but I think it's absurd we gotta conform to the tumblr ideal of making the internet everyone's hugbox.

If people wanna be treated like adults, then they should behave like adults.

I'm not waltzing in here hoping everyone is nice to me, I merely express my views as they are, and respond accordingly to the level of respect people demand with their attitude. I don't like falsehoods, and I accept that I'm not meant to like everyone, and not everyone is meant to like me.

If people are offended by words they see on the internet, especially when they're not personal insults directed to them as people but rather words thrown around for the sake of expression, then they seriously need to get out more, and actually interact with human beings.

Nothing I've said has been a direct attack on anyone here, in fact, the "sinful" image I posted was more of a generalization toward the sort of behavior and mentality you around these fanbases than anything else. If anyone felt offended, it's cause it hit close to home, and it just proves how correct that image is.

I don't see why I should pretend and be nice to everyone, if someone says something that's wrong, then I'll call them out on being wrong, and vice versa, I expect to be called out when I say stupid ****. We're not in kindergarten I mean...
You know that...
upload_2015-9-25_16-55-31.png
We have a Hulk.

Remains of more costume Mario stuff.
You know? I wonder how they got the rights from Microsoft to do such a thing :p?

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Except Dedede's zoning ability sucks due to the fact that Gordos can be used against him. Rather they are used to control space and put pressure on the opponent.
Well then get good, cause Dedede's zoning is in fact fantastic due to his hammer, and the fact that he can vary the bounce on the gordos thus putting major pressure on their opponent.

Zoning doesn't mean sit in the corner and spam projectiles, zoning means use projectiles to apply pressure. Dedede excells at that.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
User was warned for this post
I feel like @Burb should be in this thread. It'd be interesting to see where this thread goes :p.
I guess I should grab some popcorn then.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Alright, well like I said, you'd be surprised.
Oh no. An alt account. I'm so surprised. Look out, fellas, he thinks he can say what he wants and get away with it without ruining his real account.

Too bad he hasn't realized he's already given himself away.

Last edited:
That awkward moment when you attempt to do something nice for someone an they have you blocked :/

1st a charity speedrun stream. Currently on Majora's Mask
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

2nd anyone here play LOL?
I have been MIA for a while and am getting back into it. I've been playing ARAMs to get the basics back down but I could use a duo partner for normals to relearn the rift. SR is so very different from Howling Abyss. . .

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
EDIT: Sorry if this goes against what you said Opossum Opossum I didn't see your post before I replied.

Series popularity plays no factor, he's not looking to have an even balance of franchises or anything with the DLC, otherwise Roy and Lucas wouldn't have been a thing.

Individual character popularity however does. If a character is popular, a character is popular. If a character from a "dead" franchise got double the votes than a character from a popular franchise, guess which one matters more when the creator said he seeks to please fans?

Use common sense.

Except the casuals are able to vote as well.

Franchise popularity means little when he literally stated "it's all fanservice from here on." Again, it doesn't mean it's an election, merely a suggestion. But characters with the highest number of votes will obviously please the most fans. Combine this with unique movesets/playstyles, and Nintendo history, and it's clear which characters are most likely to make the cut with one quick look at a poll.

I'm hust saying, the sooner people accept it'll be Isaac and Banjo, the soonee they'll find release. There is literally no convincing argument for why not, not when everything stacks in their favor.

Did my post count give it away? :p

You'd actually be surprised.
Look at it this way. Isaac's franchise died due to poor sales. Basically a lack of interest.

Conversely, the Inklings have a huge casual and hardcore appeal. Splatoon is Nintendo's biggest new franchise since Animal Crossing (and could easily be the biggest since Star Fox by the end of its life cycle, it's already bordering being more successful than ACs debut).

Who is going to have more drawing power? The character that appeals to both markets, or the character that appeals to 1 of them?

It's pretty basic maths. 2 > 1.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Please sell well please sell well please sell well please sell well.
But it won't because Nintendo didn't promote it.

I do really want to try this game though. A new F-Zero really should come out of it.
I can see it doing alright, but not amazing.

Anything that at least emulates the series is good enough for me.

D

Deleted member

"Oh look, 3 pages since I last came here, we must have gotten news of some sort"
*BREAKING NEWS: NEW USER STARTS FLAMEWAR*
this is okey

Also, I laugh at all of you, the Retro amiibo pack didn't cost me a leg, an arm and my entire wallet
Just my entire wallet and part of my leg but I'm not the one without cool amiibros :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom