• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I seriously doubt it.

Even if Phil Spencer is fine with it, will they actually go through with it? They'd basically be advertising each other's games. Ryu and Snake are at least not owned by the competition.
True, I could see only because he was known as an icon of the 64 days.
If that Windows leak is real, then perhaps Banjo is more possible than ever.
I'd say that could help, as weird as the windows thing is.
Anyone COULD be added. In this case, I doubt Nintendo reaches out to work out a deal though, even if Microsoft is receptive.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did reach out, but I still find it more unlikely currently.

Anyway: I now own the retro amiibos, shulk, little mac, and ganondorf! They all are really well designed, love those changeable poses on G and W. And now I finally have my long awaited R.O.B. amiibo!

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Maybe because BD is much more popular than Isaac in Japan and he is not from a niche, dead series, it's actually the opposite.

Ups.
Franchise popularity plays no factor in DLC, Sakurai has said it'd be all fanservice from now on. So popular demand holds the most weight.

Ups, sorry your goomba clone isn't popular enough.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We don't know how well Bandanna Dee and Isaac are doing in the actual ballot and the ballot is at the end a suggestion box. Still, we're obviously getting fanservice characters at the end.

Mario and Pokemon have a lot of characters in Smash.
And are you seriously comparing Kirby to Mother or FE?
Lucas and Roy are veterans, that's why they are DLC characters.

Sakurai already said that characters from franchise with no future are low priority.
Doesn't change the fact that relative to their sales figure, they would logically get far more characters than what they got if sales was a much more major factor.

Relax, I wasn't implying that Kirby was on par with FE and Mother, I was just using those three franchises as examples of franchises that are far less bigger than Mario and Pokemon. If you felt offended, I apologise. Would using Metroid and Zelda be better examples?

No Lucas and Roy got in specifically because of their popularity as Sakurai stated, not because of their veteran status, unless you honestly believe Young Link automatically has a good chance just because he was in Melee.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Franchise popularity plays no factor in DLC, Sakurai has said it'd be all fanservice from now on. So popular demand holds the most weight.

Ups, sorry your goomba clone isn't popular enough.
I completely disagree with this point.

DLC has got to sell. And franchise popularity will most likely factor in to this. Isaac won't sell to a casual audience the way that Smash veterans and newcomers from prominent franchises will.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I do have to say this- if Shovel Knight actually manages to make it in, the whole " you gotta appeal to the casual audience" argument pretty much goes out the window as does franchise popularity.

The votes will help Sakurai consider the character, but beyond that it's up to him who gets the final say.
This. The only thing we're guarnteed to be getting is fanservice characters. We don't know which ones as lots of characters have tons of fans.

Last edited:

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Ryu isn't owned by the competition, though.
Lets see if we can hit all the bullet points.

And to the guy up top, yes the head of the Xbox division DOES have the final say in what happens to his company's property. He's the goto guy. That's like saying the President of Nintendo has no say on what to do with Nintendo character cameos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The issue is, why would Nintendo split profits with Microsoft or advertise a competitors product when they stand to sell roughly the same amount of DLC with a character like K. Rool that comes with none of the red tape?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

And to the guy up top, yes the head of the Xbox division DOES have the final say in what happens to his company's property. He's the goto guy. That's like saying the President of Nintendo has no say on what to do with Nintendo character cameos.
I'd... probably remove that image if I were you.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Well this isn't completely rude and rule-breaking at all.

D

Deleted member

I really want to buy the ROB amiibo and name it Robnos
And since I would be forced to buy Duck Hunt the process, I'll be naming them Butt Hunt in honor of yesterday

There's Funny Valentine.

Could he count?
Half of the men in Parts 4-6 look feminine as hell. That counts for something.

I think all three compete with each other but it's a lot more friendly compared to what was there in the 90s. But that said, Microsoft has way too many hoops to jump through and Phil doesn't ever have the final say whether he can allow anyone from their company to be on another platform. Handhelds are one thing but there's also the console and the amiibo.

And you're forgetting that Sony doesn't see Nintendo the same way as they did during the PS1/PS2 days either. Outside of handhelds, their consoles don't interfere with their audience at all due to console levels of strength since the Wii. The only reason why Microsoft and Nintendo working with each other is easier to fans is because both are on radical different sides of the spectrum
That's because I've only watched the anime
Who reads mangas these days anyways? :smirk:
And I'm probably going to change to the best JoJo when I get home

Chrono.

Now you're just being straight up rude.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Still calling it......

We will get Wolf and Shovel Knight, and that's it.

Wolf is essentially preballot, and Shovel Knight is the only ballot winner, so those 97% of you that voted for other characters, mostly including 1st party, will all get short changed. (Especially Japan).

I really hope more DLC is announced soon and I'm wrong, but the way I see it, this is the worst case scenario, yet also the most likely.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Wow, that picture is really awful and projecting as ever.

And here's the thing I told you, Phil Spencer has say-so but not the final say-so for the Xbox division. Remember the company has a committee to go through and Microsoft has other higher ups that can veto anything.

Plus let's be honest, he probably said that to bring out publicity. I mean, it's not impossible but it's not unlikely that Sakurai will pass up on him if he has to go through s ton of hoops to get him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Got my retro amiibo three pack today and I'm happy. :p They all look really good! Now it's just waiting for Ryu and Mewtwo to be released and picking off the remaining stragglers I want, and I'll be done getting the Smash series (assuming there isn't a really cool DLC character I'd want released).

Common/Common-ISH: :4luigi::4peach::4megaman:
Rare: :4samus::4dedede::4marth::4robinm::4lucina::4villager:
Unreleased: :4mewtwo::4ryu:

:4mario::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4ness::4olimar::4littlemac::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4sonic::4pacman:

Probably gonna pick up the Inkling Girl and Chibi-Robo, too, though they're not part of the Smash set. I'd also kill for a Chrom amiibo. I don't even care what game it's for, as long as it's Chrom. Well, and not SMTxFE!Chrom...

Other than that? I'm just hyped for five days from now. News, man.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
"Popularity plays no factor except it does" - This post
Series popularity plays no factor, he's not looking to have an even balance of franchises or anything with the DLC, otherwise Roy and Lucas wouldn't have been a thing.

Individual character popularity however does. If a character is popular, a character is popular. If a character from a "dead" franchise got double the votes than a character from a popular franchise, guess which one matters more when the creator said he seeks to please fans?

Use common sense.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I like to predict what characters will get into Smash Bros.

But Jesus, do I really hate trying to argue if a character should get in or not. Some people take this a little bit too seriously or get extremely disappointed. It's not fun.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

I see that your new here.
That may explain it.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
"Popularity plays no factor except it does" - This post
Series popularity plays no factor, he's not looking to have an even balance of franchises or anything with the DLC, otherwise Roy and Lucas wouldn't have been a thing.

Individual character popularity however does. If a character is popular, a character is popular. If a character from a "dead" franchise got double the votes than a character from a popular franchise, guess which one matters more when the creator said he seeks to please fans?

Use common sense.
I completely disagree with this point.

DLC has got to sell. And franchise popularity will most likely factor in to this. Isaac won't sell to a casual audience the way that Smash veterans and newcomers from prominent franchises will.
Except the casuals are able to vote as well.

Franchise popularity means little when he literally stated "it's all fanservice from here on." Again, it doesn't mean it's an election, merely a suggestion. But characters with the highest number of votes will obviously please the most fans. Combine this with unique movesets/playstyles, and Nintendo history, and it's clear which characters are most likely to make the cut with one quick look at a poll.

I'm hust saying, the sooner people accept it'll be Isaac and Banjo, the soonee they'll find release. There is literally no convincing argument for why not, not when everything stacks in their favor.

I see that your new here.
That may explain it.
Did my post count give it away? :p

You'd actually be surprised.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Got another Mario Maker Course ready for you lot.

6DC4-0000-006C-D41F

I'll leave you all to find out what it is.

Chrono.

I'm hust saying, the sooner people accept it'll be Isaac and Banjo, the soonee they'll find release. There is literally no convincing argument for why not, not when everything stacks in their favor.
I'm just gonna save this.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Use common sense.
I understand your arguments. They are pretty valid. But when you come in here and start criticizing people, things start going bad. An opinion is merely an idea. An idea is meant to be criticized as that is what makes a better idea. The only reason you should criticize a person is if they're infringing on your rights. On your ideas and on your opinion. That's what you kind of did when you said use common sense. It wasn't really necessary to add. Anyways though, I do get your ideas even though I don't agree. The picture was really wasn't really necessary either.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, I stopped giving a crap after the picture. No, I don't care how important nor popular Banjo is, nor what Phil said. The mere moment that you brought this in I couldn't take you serious anymore.

El Syd

Banned via Warnings
Also, I guess "being rude" is hitting the nail on the head on all the illogical arguments tossed around here.

Lool, gimme a legit reason as to why I'm wrong, and we'll talk, but if gonna hear tge same old stuff, the you get the image.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Use common sense.

Except the casuals are able to vote as well.

Franchise popularity means little when he literally stated "it's all fanservice from here on." Again, it doesn't mean it's an election, merely a suggestion. But characters with the highest number of votes will obviously please the most fans. Combine this with unique movesets/playstyles, and Nintendo history, and it's clear which characters are most likely to make the cut with one quick look at a poll.

On what grounds are they confirmed? Not everything is definite. Hell, Sakurai can go into the last top 25 request.

They are the highest ranked choices but not the full absolute which you are suggesting.

Nobody knows how Sakurai decides characters especially considering everyone lost their minds when K. Rool had a Mii fighter costume. Sakurai did more than listen to request when deciding fighters.

At one point, Roy was stated to be back in Brawl but time restraints held him and Mewtwo back.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
*Knocks on door*

Hello, sir or madam! I'm here to tell you all about our... er, my, lord and saviors, Issac and Banjo.

*Slams door shut*

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, I guess "being rude" is hitting the nail on the head on all the illogical arguments tossed around here.

Lool, gimme a legit reason as to why I'm wrong, and we'll talk, but if gonna hear tge same old stuff, the you get the image.
Because there are no such thing as a shoo-in newcomer DLC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mods help us.

To prevent more embarrassment like the rude picture, let's change the subject for now. Things are way too heated.

I got :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4ganondorf: amiibos today. I also bought Mario Maker.

What third party amiibos do you want? Shovel Knight is a good start, but there is a lot of untapped potential. I want a Phoenix Wroght one.

D

Deleted member

Why does this thread have more character disscusion than the ACTUAL official DLC character disscussion thread?

Mods help us.

To prevent more embarrassment like the rude picture, let's change the subject for now. Things are way too heated.

I got :4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4ganondorf: amiibos today. I also bought Mario Maker.

What third party amiibos do you want? Shovel Knight is a good start, but there is a lot of untapped potential. I want a Phoenix Wroght one.
I would want a Simon Belmont Amiibo but i know it's never gonna happen.

A Bomerman Amiibo would be cool as well.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Your not wrong, nor are you right. This is just a simple argument of our opinions.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

You probably would have been a little more effective if you explained your argument in a more polite manner.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't really want anyone in particular third party wise, but I'm thinking either Wright, Shantae, or Layton.

First party on the other hand is Waluigi all the way. Anyone else can come after the Wa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom