• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pikmin 4 news is pretty hype. I'm hoping Olimar's back in the main character position, personally.

I'm calling this: NX at launch has Zelda NX/Wii U, Pikmin 4, a Mario 3D Platformer (Galaxy 3?), and a port of Smash Wii U, maybe as a "Definitive Edition" with all DLC included + maybe Ice Climbers because dreams.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, I just realized something.
The Shovel Knight rumor said he'd be revealed in the next couple of months, most likely near October. Then, we got a confirmation today of an announcement at the BH5 tournament. And on top of that, the Big House 5 is on the weekend the Ballot happens to end. Everything seems to be lining up perfectly.
False hype and saltiness confirmed. :troll:

Not on the Earthbound Wiki.

According to some users it came from the confusion over PSI abilities ("same family of PSI abilities"). Key word "of". They aren't actually related.

Plus, doesnt Mother 3 take place long after Mother 2? They can't be cousins.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, I just realized something.
The Shovel Knight rumor said he'd be revealed in the next couple of months, most likely near October. Then, we got a confirmation today of an announcement at the BH5 tournament. And on top of that, the Big House 5 is on the weekend the Ballot happens to end. Everything seems to be lining up perfectly.
False hype and saltiness confirmed. :troll:

View attachment 72236
Don't even try to even sarcastically. It's not happening, seriously, or jokingly, end of story.

At best you might get some PM news otherwise it's probably some dumb thing people would barely care about.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If it was near completion and for the Wii U or 3DS, why not show it at E3 then?
Simple, Nintendo is that stupid not to show it.

Remember that showing that it'll be all about 2015 games at E3, that's what it was.

It was nothing but 2015 games and Pikmin is a 2016 game. Even if they didn't show it off at E3 they could have used a Nintendo Direct for the announcement but by the signs of it, Directs are going to be on temporary retirement until we know who's Iwata's replacement is and we don't know of they'll bring them back.

They say it's at near completion but I doubt they'll hold it off THAT long for the NX unless it's 2 things

• NX is a 2017 console. WiiU release then NX port of 3&4
  • Cross Platform and trying to get them to work a full 60 fps on both systems.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Don't even try to even sarcastically. It's not happening, seriously, or jokingly, end of story.

At best you might get some PM news otherwise it's probably some dumb thing people would barely care about.
Er... okay. I was trying to make a joke out of it. I know it ain't happening. My intention was to make fun of the possibility, not say it's happening. The chances are slim of it happening.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Remember that showing that it'll be all about 2015 games at E3, that's what it was.

It was nothing but 2015 games and Pikmin is a 2016 game. Even if they didn't show it off at E3 they could have used a Nintendo Direct for the announcement but by the signs of it, Directs are going to be on temporary retirement until we know who's Iwata's replacement is and we don't know of they'll bring them back.

They say it's at near completion but I doubt they'll hold it off THAT long for the NX unless it's 2 things

Pretty much.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Er... okay. I was trying to make a joke out of it. I know it ain't happening. My intention was to make fun of the possibility, not say it's happening. The chances are slim of it happening.
I know epic, wasn't trying to chew you out.

I was more trying to remind the people who WOULD think it's happening lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Meanwhile Sakurai will announce the reason Smash DLC is taking so damn long, is that he's been doubling up and actually working on Kid Icarus Uprising 2.

Nintendo: The Stealth Bomb Company.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Nintendo directs are no longer a thing will Nintendo restart stage shows at this year's E3? If they're announcing the NX it would make sense. Personally I think the NX is a third line that may/may not succeed the 3DS like the Virtual Boy to Game Boy (unsuccessfully) or the DS to the Game Boy advance (successfully).

And even though I've heard it doesn't have a disk drive, that could mean it just has cartridges like the 3DS. I mean the PSP showed us how bad an idea moving disks in a handheld were.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What the heck I woke up int he morning, open gonintendo and see that pikmin 4 is confirmed in an interview................

Seriously NOW I am worrying about a direct. This is clearly something that should have been said in a direct.

As for why no E3.....first, yeah I agree, very questionable, but this also means that there's probably a lot of tittles currently in dev that we haven't heard of yet.

#hopeforpapermariowiiu :)

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice

Reggie was talking about how they didn't want to discuss things that were far off in the future and there were some early 2016 games discussed as well. Once we get to mid 2016 as an earliest possible release area for Pikmin, I think the NX is more viable, especially when we consider DQXI already being announced for it until the Nintendo Assassins made them take it back.

Besides, considering how much help the Wii U needs I just don't see them not announcing Pikmin 4 and choosing to announce Mario Tennis instead, regardless of how awful E3 was.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Remember when people thought Mewtwo was going to be revealed at Apex 2015? Those we're the good ol' days.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Meanwhile Sakurai will announce the reason Smash DLC is taking so damn long, is that he's been doubling up and actually working on Kid Icarus Uprising 2.

I probably believe that but Sakurai said he seriously left Kid Icarus alone for others at Nintendo to finish it up. But outside of Smash, when he said he's done with a series, he's done.

I still want my Uprising Wii U/NX port with better controls, graphics and a alternate story mode with Dark Pit
Reggie was talking about how they didn't want to discuss things that were far off in the future and there were some early 2016 games discussed as well. Once we get to mid 2016 as an earliest possible release area for Pikmin, I think the NX is more viable, especially when we consider DQXI already being announced for it until the Nintendo Assassins made them take it back.

Besides, considering how much help the Wii U needs I just don't see them not announcing Pikmin 4 and choosing to announce Mario Tennis instead, regardless of how awful E3 was.
Thing is thought, like I said before, I doubt Miyamoto is holding this off for a long holiday release. You said a mid 2016 release, that means in April-July or even August for that matter. The NX won't even hit the stones that soon until the Holiday season if maybe around late October-Mid Novemeber.

That's why I said it's a Wii U release then an NX port. Which probably won't happen until later. "Near Completion" is the key word here and even then the only 2016 games they covered were games we had zero information on is FE Fates, Embooru FE, Federation Force and Hyrule Warriors 3DS which are in that first quarter release and part to that late December area

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's why I said it's a Wii U release then an NX port. Which probably won't happen until later. "Near Completion" is the key word here and even then the only 2016 games they covered were games we had zero information on is FE Fates, Embooru FE, Federation Force and Hyrule Warriors 3DS which are in that first quarter release and part to that late December area
Like Twilight Princess?

I'm thinking Pikmin 3 will either be the last hurrah of the console it's released on, be a lunch for the NX or started out as A before becoming B.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Yes because a famous indie series that has never been on a Nintendo console should totally be put in Smash now shouldn't it :rolleyes:

Seriously though Touhou has no place in Smash, it deserves its place in gaming history yes, but not in Smash Bros. which is a series dedicated to Nintendo history
indie brawl was a failed "indie smash bros" game
no relation to ssb

Soul.

Whenever I see people talk about NX I just want to smile.
But I can't smile if there's no 3DS successor...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whenever I see people talk about NX I just want to smile.
But I can't smile if there's no 3DS successor...
I had a dream once where Nintendo went full-on SEGA and just went to third party support.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pikmin 4 was confirmed! Mario Galaxy 3 is possible, and the Nx could possibly tie into both! The hype i real!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think the NX will be a portable but it will be tablet sized. Like if he WiiU gamepad had on all the processing power alone.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think the NX will be a portable but it will be tablet sized. Like if he WiiU gamepad had on all the processing power alone.
But that isn't very portable, it still needs to be a size capable of being taken on the go with people.
the size can't be much larger that the PS Vita imo

Yeah if Galaxy 3, Pikmin 4, Prime 4*, and Uprising 2 were all in development at the same time with Xenoblade X and Bravely second just waiting for localiztaion I would probably die of hype.

Which is why it won't happen :')

*Not fully confirmed but shhh

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
YO PIKMIN 4

I LOVE PIKMIN

New 3D Mario too?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen people using their iPads as cameras. I dont' think bulk is as big a factor as we may belive.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've seen people using their iPads as cameras. I dont' think bulk is as big a factor as we may belive.
And it always looks stupid. ALWAYS.

Like people have cameras on their much smaller smart phones, why are you holding that big ass thing that's the size of your head to take a selfie?!

Whoever you're sending it to isn't going to be looking at you, your parts could be flopped out and it's still be about the iPad.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yes because a famous indie series that has never been on a Nintendo console should totally be put in Smash now shouldn't it :rolleyes:

Seriously though Touhou has no place in Smash, it deserves its place in gaming history yes, but not in Smash Bros. which is a series dedicated to Nintendo history
The OP wasn't talking about Smash, they were talking about 'Indie Brawl' which is another game entirely.

Soul.

If the next handheld was like a Wii U GamePad I'd be down for that but you know the second screen is going to stay, as much as I want a slightly bigger screen.

please be 480p at least

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Pikmin 4 and SMG3? That's fine and dandy, but I want something catered towards me. Real Metroid game when? New Custom Robo when? New Kid Icarus when? New Golden Sun when? plz Ninty I want to buy your stuff
I am more annoyed by the fact that we ahve yet to heard more about paper jam and it's been so long that my hype starts to die a bit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom