• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I guess there was a misunderstandment here. What I said was actually positive. I personally enjoy the show. But everyone there tastes I guess.:p
Oh I understood that you like it. I have no qualms with that! Everyone likes different things :). Was just merely stating my opinion on the show, based on that episode (I haven't seen any of the other episodes, so to be fair-- the other episodes may be more enjoyable). Not targeting you with my response, just stating my opinion!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic Boom honestly knows what parts to touch on in terms of writing, haven't seen it in forever, but it is a fact that Eggman has the best lines
Dr. Eggman ALWAYS has the best lines, doesn't matter the medium.

Also, anyone want to talk Dark Souls or something? I kinda want to start a chat PM or something with some people on SB but no idea who'd want a PM with me. :p

EDIT: Doesn't have to be Dark Souls btw, that's just what I'm in the mood for....I have a group for it too.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I guess there was a misunderstandment here. What I said was actually positive. I personally enjoy the show. But everyone there tastes I guess.:p
Guess I should've mentioned that, I think the show is pretty good for what it is. It's humor had me chuckle here and there, and it's harmless enough. I just feel like the Wii U game is what gives this series the reputation it gets. :ohwell:

I'll give credit where it's due though, Sega is sticking with this, and I'm glad they haven't abandoned it immediately.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm looking at old indie brawl stuff
"Why does there need to be a Touhou stage? The series is known for its gameplay and its characters, not its locations."
why does one of the most prolific and longest-running series of indie games need a stage. i wonder.
i think it's safe to say that it's better that it died

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Oh I understood that you like it. I have no qualms with that! Everyone likes different things :). Was just merely stating my opinion on the show, based on that episode (I haven't seen any of the other episodes, so to be fair-- the other episodes may be more enjoyable). Not targeting you with my response, just stating my opinion!
To be fair, some of the episodes aren't that funny and the jokes can be hit and miss, but others can be hilarious and kinda clever. This show isn't a masterpiece, but compared to what we can see today and as a video game based cartoon, it's pretty decent.
Guess I should've mentioned that, I think the show is pretty good for what it is. It's humor had me chuckle here and there, and it's harmless enough. I just feel like the Wii U game is what gives this series the reputation it gets. :ohwell:

I'll give credit where it's due though, Sega is sticking with this, and I'm glad they haven't abandoned it immediately.
I guess that's a double misunderstandment then:chuckle:.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Before I go to work, I have a request. Can someone tell me the stereotypes of mains of Smash characters? I.E Falcon mains are showoffs, Mewtwo mains whine about how their character is terrible despite only looking at cons, Samus main cry in a corner, etc

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I wonder if Nintendo will do one big last push for Super Mario Maker this week.

Probs not. But what are they going to advertise next? This is all they've really been showing lately.
Yeah when Mario Maker's out what will they do, hopefully we'll have a direct or the equivalent of a direct, or they start promoting Star Fox Zero like crazy. I hope they don't wildly promote Wooly world like crazy, because that game is already out in Japan and Europe. Star Fox Zero would be the next logical game for them to promote.

D

Deleted member

Before I go to work, I have a request. Can someone tell me the stereotypes of mains of Smash characters? I.E Falcon mains are showoffs, Mewtwo mains whine about how their character is terrible despite only looking at cons, Samus main cry in a corner, etc
Ganondorf mains have no respect for you or anyone else
They'll take away everything you love and slowly destroy it in the most disrespectful way possible
And they'll laugh as they drag you to hell with them

Zero Skill Spamus players simply hate themselves

There are two kinds of Peach players: those who spam specials all the time and the ones whobus the daisy skin(who also spam all the time)

Finally, Mii players are just screaming inside that their favorite character isn't in the game

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really hope they start doing directs soon to be perfectly honest.

They were so hype, especially the pre and post-direct speculation :ohwell:
If we don't see a Direct till like, Christmas time, at the very least, I hope my theory about a big wave of new content is correct and we get a Smash-specific mini Direct for it, like before. D:

D

Deleted member

Ya know what I want? ****ing Zelda news
All three games
I want to see more crossdressing Link
I want to seevwhat other new content HW3DS has
I want to ****ing see Zelda U and actual visible gameplay this time please
Zelda Direct when?
#ZeldaSeptember
#MonadoMonday
#SomethongSomethingSmashDLC
#HolyCrapEOU2IsSoGood
#NoSeriouslyYouGuysShouldTotallyBuyIt
#IJustWantSomeoneToUnderstandWhatImSaying

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Tbh, I'm not that concerned with Smash mini directs, since Sakurai can handle that separately and we will probably see more of those in the future. I'm more so concerned about the directs for other games in general.

Especially with the question of who is going to take over. Maybe they will get the individual directors of games to talk about release dates and other things like that instead of how Iwata used to talk about them.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Melee is so great.

I live in a world/dimension/universe where this beautiful accident happened.

Thank God.

D

Deleted member

Melee is so great.

Thank God.
I like living in the world where it happened
What I don't like is living in the world where people still act like it's the greatest thing ever 14 years after its release and having a conservative community with people so obsessed with it that they'll try to "fix" other games in the series to accomodate theim and then whine that their mod isn't recognized as an actual Smash game and in turn create intense debate inside the whole fanbase
All because these people have never watched Frozen

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

No Smash game will be like Melee again.

Smash 4 is doing pretty well despite being different from Melee, but in all honesty most people think Melee is the better game to watch as a spectator.

As for Smash 4, while keeping it irrevelant to the subject I miss the 3DS days and the hate towards that version makes no sense.

I have nothing against any Smash game. It's still Smash Bros., lol

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Air Dodges need more lag because **** spammers.

Friend: Did you hear about an article saying Samus is trans?
**** off
Friend: Let me show you this
I...What? I know bringing up dead tpopics is frowned upon but I need to be comforted. Humanity is ****ed
As a current resident of the hell-shine state, I wonder if they are a real division. Florida is generally atrocious, and the amiibo situation is the worst *I've* experienced in 5 different big states. Nintendo Florida would be incompetent.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I keep forgetting that most of you don't have Woolley World. So weird considering I beat it like 2 months ago haha. I don't understand the decision to hold it back.

Also I'd love Woolley World DLC. A few new world's would be fab.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Smash 4 is doing pretty well despite being different from Melee, but in all honesty most people think Melee is the better game to watch as a spectator.

As for Smash 4, while keeping it irrevelant to the subject I miss the 3DS days and the hate towards that version makes no sense.

Well, it annoys me that Smash 4's high level play consistents of the same number of characters as Melee, despite having nearly double the roster which has also had numerous balance patches.
smh

Also there are lot more campy matchups in Smash 4. If not, Villager with customs makes it so.
Otherwise I think it's about the same to watch.

I wish Smash 4 was overall a bit more fluid though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just don't like competitive smash by design.

''Oh joy! Let's watch the same 10 or so characters over and over!"

Whether it's Melee, Project M, or Smash 4 it always happens.

Just can't get into it. And it's kind of why I can see why Sakurai doesn't cater to it too much or particularly love it.

Nor should he. He makes games that are about variety, expansion and massive amounts of content for the price.

Competitive Smash by design loves to limit that.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Sakurai should try to have content that appeals to both sides.
And Smash 4 tries to do that with...with mixed results, tbh....

Like, there should be a more involved group listening and doing balance patches. Instead of one every few months where characters may or may not even get the buffs/nerfs they need.

Also, it's sad that Tourney Mode is convoluted, awkward, and generally bad, because that's the only way to get to use customs online without having friends.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What, did you see the variety at Paragon today?
Everytime I see variety for Smash 4 it's literally one match or two, then it's back to the usual suspects of Rosalina, Sheik, etc...

I PLAY Rosalina and everytime I see her in competitive play for Smash 4? I still groan.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Melee is so great.

Thank God.
Unfortunately we live in the world/dimension/universe where Microsoft bought Rareware and systematically murdered them. It's not that gravy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What, did you see the variety at Paragon today?
Um, no?
Every time I tuned in I saw Rosalina, Mario, or ZSS.

Unfortunately we live in the world/dimension/universe where Microsoft bought Rareware and systematically murdered them. It's not that gravy.
That happens a lot, sadly. Not just with Rare.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but as much as I love Melee, competitive Melee today just puts me to sleep. Every match feels like something I've already seen multiple times before. I just can't watch it unless someone is playing a character that is practically never used, like Amsa.

Everytime I see variety for Smash 4 it's literally one match or two, then it's back to the usual suspects of Rosalina, Sheik, etc...

I PLAY Rosalina and everytime I see her in competitive play for Smash 4? I still groan.
I get that there are some variety problems in competitive Smash 4 what with Sheik and all, but Rosalina? I don't see her very often at all, despite how good everyone says she is. Watching pools at Paragon surprised me because I actually saw more than one person using Rosalina, lol.

The characters I'm bored of seeing in Smash 4 are Sheik, Luigi, Diddy Kong (though less so after the nerfs), and Sonic. But even so, I feel like these characters are less common in Smash 4 than Melee's Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Actually go look at the results, top 8 had a different character for everyone, and Rosalina is far from overused, along with the fact Dabuz is the only Rosalina that gets into top 16s at majors.

I think Sakurai should try to have content that appeals to both sides.
And Smash 4 tries to do that with...with mixed results, tbh....

Like, there should be a more involved group listening and doing balance patches. Instead of one every few months where characters may or may not even get the buffs/nerfs they need.
Except the patches have been good thus far, especially considering they're coming out like every 2-3 months, which is an absurdly short time for a balance patch? Only the percieved top tiers are really getting nerfs, while also care is taken to avoid overnerfing them, and the percieved lower tiers getting significant buffs. Sure some characters have been missed, but it's a process, and with how quickly the patches come out, it's to be expected.

Um, no?
Every time I tuned in I saw Rosalina, Mario, or ZSS.
Go actually take a look at the results

Last edited:

Soul.

Well, it annoys me that Smash 4's high level play consistents of the same number of characters as Melee, despite having nearly double the roster which has also had numerous balance patches.
smh

Also there are lot more campy matchups in Smash 4. If not, Villager with customs makes it so.
Otherwise I think it's about the same to watch.

I wish Smash 4 was overall a bit more fluid though.
Either the character's potential has not been discovered yet or the game is still new (well not really now, it'll be almost a year come September 13. thanks 3DS version), so things can change.

Every time a balance patch drops I always look forward to seeing what has changed. Most people say buff low tiers, others say nerf top tiers, but I'm just here waiting for them. If it's the first option then that's huge for those who wanted their characters buffed.

I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but as much as I love Melee, competitive Melee today just puts me to sleep. Every match feels like something I've already seen multiple times before. I just can't watch it unless someone is playing a character that is practically never used, like Amsa.
Melee is hype, that much is true, but lately I haven't been watching it because well... Smash 4. Love seeing upsets though

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Characters in Paragon LA 2015 Top 8 Smash 4 Singles:
1. Nairo - :4zss:
2. Dabuz - :rosalina:/:4olimar:
3. MVD - :4diddy:
4. Ally - :4mario:/:4shulk:
5. Shaky - :4ness:/:4pikachu: and Mr. R - :4sheik:/:4ryu:
6. 6WX - :4sonic:/:4ryu: and SlayerZ - :4peach:

12 different characters.

To be honest, that is a pretty good top 8 if you ask me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Either the character's potential has not been discovered yet or the game is still new (well not really now, it'll be almost a year come September 13. thanks 3DS version), so things can change.
Wait, it came out on September 13th in Japan?

Anyways, I theorize we'll get "Collection #4" around the week of the 13th.
No particular reason. Just that the Collection Bundles have all been at least 6 weeks and a couple days apart.
Calling it now. "Collection #4" is coming on the 13th. To celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Smash 3DS' release.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
yfw you make a long detailed smash 4 competive post but the site updates and deletes your whole post:mad:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm still not sure if I want to get Chibi Robo Zip Lash or not. It looks pretty fun not it also looks basic and lacks a certain charm.

I guess I need to see a new trailer.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
i'm looking at old indie brawl stuff
"Why does there need to be a Touhou stage? The series is known for its gameplay and its characters, not its locations."
why does one of the most prolific and longest-running series of indie games need a stage. i wonder.
i think it's safe to say that it's better that it died
Yes because a famous indie series that has never been on a Nintendo console should totally be put in Smash now shouldn't it :rolleyes:

Seriously though Touhou has no place in Smash, it deserves its place in gaming history yes, but not in Smash Bros. which is a series dedicated to Nintendo history

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom