• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
ZERO SUIT DOMINATION
sample_437fa8761fedfa84bae9b2a0a97c99ef.jpg

Edit by PushDustIn: Image too big. Check out rules in OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
For that one moment

The hero won Smash 4

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wrestler and Reporter actually had a thread on here. Wonder why it's locked.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I gave you a warning for spam.

"Hmmmm" isn't considered an actual post. Please keep your posts relevant to discussion and somewhat meaty. This isn't an IRC chat.
I'm sorry, I was just quoting the Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven i response to a comment, as that's what he says in Rhythm Heaven, hmmmm.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm sorry, I was just quoting the Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven i response to a comment, as that's what he says in Rhythm Heaven, hmmmm.
Still in violation of the Spam rule.

1. No Spam

Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so tired of Yacht Club Games at this point.

Like I'm going to wherever their office is located and just rubbing my junk in their face.

Because that's literally what this feels like.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't understand the salt over YCG playing coy. Try and have some fun with the suspense :)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't understand the salt over YCG playing coy. Try and have some fun with the suspense :)
There is playing coy and then there's ''WE KNOW YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING, SO LET'S JUST MAKE EVERY POST A WINKY NUDGE NUDGE."

They are literally **** teasing stuff that might not even be all that worth **** teasing.

At this point if Shovel Knight's in. He's my punching bag. Even if he becomes a main. He's going to be a punching bag.

I'm that flustered and annoyed with how their handling their coyness about the situation.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Damnit Sonic Boom. You make a satire about Boys Bands, Justin Bieber, Reality TV and yourself in all the same episode! :laugh:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if Nintendo will do one big last push for Super Mario Maker this week.

Probs not. But what are they going to advertise next? This is all they've really been showing lately.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder if Nintendo will do one big last push for Super Mario Maker this week.

Probs not. But what are they going to advertise next? This is all they've really been showing lately.
'Mario Maker themed Froyo! Hey, it worked for Splatoon!'
I'm so tired of Yacht Club Games at this point.

Like I'm going to wherever their office is located and just rubbing my junk in their face.

Because that's literally what this feels like.
I'm curious to how you felt about Ubisoft doing pretty much the same thing when Omni 'leaked' Rayman

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Damnit Sonic Boom. You make a satire about Boys Bands, Justin Bieber, Reality TV and yourself in all the same episode! :laugh:
To think, it if wasn't for the abysmal Wii U game, this spin off would've been accepted as decent at best.

Poor Sonic man, can't catch a break.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Speaking of Street Fighter 5, I found a theory on Q's identitiy and something Necalli's constant hunger for souls if some of your are interested:

Q is actually M.Bison on life support. What I mean by that is, in SFA3 his Psycho Power strength was insane, however things like changing his body ended up weakening his power, and he ruthlessly wants to be more powerful until he's unstoppable. At some point in his life though after SF4, he struggled so much to become so powerful that he just couldn't keep control of the Psycho Power anymore, and that would cause his ultimate death if he couldn't find a solution to that (and by that, I mean no resurrection or stuff like that).

Without his powerful abilities the Shadaloo organization is coming to an end, but also his own life is coming to an end, so he had to come up with a way of surviving while still keeping the essence of the Psycho Power. This is where the iron mask comes in, this makes Psycho Power to be only used in a low, stable level, but in exchange this keeps him alive well (and I use the word "well" very loosely).

Shadaloo has been destroyed, and now Bison is all alone, on the run to find a way to become powerful again while keeping his appearance as low-profile as possible (until he finds a way to become the all mighty Bison again). This could explain why Shadaloo just doesn't seem to exist anymore and Bison's absence during the events of SF3.

Also, his rival is Akuma... now I'm not sure if it's canon that he killed Bison in SF2, but it's kinda eerily with this theory in mind.
No, just that Necalli's chi is closer to that of a Preta/Hungry Ghost. Chi is supposed to fill a fighter and give them power...but Necalli's chi would be the reverse of that. He'd be a void that draws in and drinks power...consumes it. Instead of a light emanating outward from his core, his chi would be a halo with a black hole in the middle drawing things in.

The references to Necalli's "stomach" and his apparent constant hunger also seem similar to the whole Hungry Ghost thing...and I doubt it's literal. The tanden (already referenced in Seth's engine) is responsible for creating chi in an individual...and it's located in the stomach. Seth has an engine that creates more and more chi, mixing it for him so he has it instantly at the ready...Necalli might almost be the reverse of this with a tanden that draws in OTHERS chi. No other SF character has ever been like this...so it would explain Ryu's surprised statement.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As a kids show, I don't mind it. There's far worse shows out there.

For me personally, they've crossed the line into "too meta/ easy target meta". The writing comes off as lazy, and unfunny in my opinion. I do enjoy "meta" humor when it's done properly...Community is one of my favorite TV shows. But for me, they did too much "mindless lazy" meta jokes like, "It's not like they'd reveal their evil plans...".

They came off too preachy too. It's not like I enjoy Justin Bieber, or boy bands...but it seems like the script was written by a thirty year old who is overcome with a sense of dread over how things aren't as "cool" as they used to be. Today's Justin Bieber was yesterday's Backstreet Boys. Before Backstreet Boys there were the New Kids on the Block. Before the New Kids on the Block there was the Beatles, etc,etc.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
To think, it if wasn't for the abysmal Wii U game, this spin off would've been accepted as decent at best.

Poor Sonic man, can't catch a break.

For me personally, they've crossed the line into "too meta/ easy target meta". The writing comes off as lazy, and unfunny in my opinion. I do enjoy "meta" humor when it's done properly...Community is one of my favorite TV shows. But for me, they did too much "mindless lazy" meta jokes like, "It's not like they'd reveal their evil plans...".

They came off too preachy too. It's not like I enjoy Justin Bieber, or boy bands...but it seems like the script was written by a thirty year old who is overcome with a sense of dread over how things aren't as "cool" as they used to be. Today's Justin Bieber was yesterday's Backstreet Boys. Before Backstreet Boys there were the New Kids on the Block. Before the New Kids on the Block there was the Beatles, etc,etc.
I guess there was a misunderstandment here. What I said was actually positive. I personally enjoy the show. But everyone there tastes I guess.:p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I have barely seen the Sonic Boom cartoon, but I am liking this simply because I can EASILY see that show being exactly like this. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom