• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Got :4dk::4diddy::4drmario::4wario: done!

Keep in mind that these take almost an hour each to do, so it will take a while to get them all done.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
I hope bulbmin come back for pikmin 4. I always thought that was a cool concept.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's not even a Paper Mario game so eh. I pity you guys
urgh......

Ok I saw this comment a ton of times,, but I can;t help and get annoyed by it.

Currently, as far as I am concerned, this does NOTHING BUT HELPS the actual series. I might get that it wasn't a paper mario game, but I also got that it helps to get one.....Like I noticed a tons of details on how paper mario stuff was integrated and the game has been designed to just have a lot of integration potential (even the camera angle).

All this game basically does is give a ton of recognition to this series. I'm serious, with how much he got so far, I seriously believe the game acts mroe like a transition to get away with what happened with SS.

And the paper mario James leak still exists so it's still not dead.

Like, the reason I am tired of hearing stuff like "I feel bad for you" is because there's absolutely NOTHING negative about it! In fact, it's jsut positive stuff, I do want a true wiiu paper mario game, but if this game can help to get one.....why I would feel bad?

Like if you go on reddit and tumblr for the matter, a lot think it's bad for the series which honestly kinda disappoints me, it only does good stuff, you jsut have to be patient and actually get that the game can go a lot further than what they showed.

The only reasons my hype is dying is time, I have other stuff to think about so until we get news, I have pretty much nothing to tell about it.

Sorry for going full rant, but I really felt it had to be said.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering I didn't even like Dream Team I don't see myself getting too excited for Paper Jam. I need to see more of it first before I judge though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
urgh......

Currently, as far as I am concerned, this does NOTHING BUT HELPS the actual series. I might get that it wasn't a paper mario game, but I also got that it helps to get one.....Like I noticed a tons of details on how paper mario stuff was integrated and the game has been designed to just have a lot of integration potential (even the camera angle).

All this game basically does is give a ton of recognition to this series. I'm serious, with how much he got so far, I seriously believe the game acts mroe like a transition to get away with what happened with SS.

Like, the reason I am tired of hearing stuff like "I feel bad for you" is because there's absolutely NOTHING negative about it! In fact, it's jsut positive stuff, I do want a true wiiu paper mario game, but if this game can help to get one.....why I would feel bad?

Like if you go on reddit and tumblr for the matter, a lot think it's bad for the series which honestly kinda disappoints me, it only does good stuff, you jsut have to be patient and actually get that the game can go a lot further than what they showed.

The only reasons my hype is dying is time, I have other stuff to think about so until we get news, I have pretty much nothing to tell about it.

I pity you guys because you've been waiting more than a decade for an actual Paper Mario RPG. Kinda like us Metroid fans

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I pity you guys because you've been waiting more than a decade for an actual Paper Mario RPG. Kinda like us Metroid fans
a decade?

Even then I disagree so much. Spm sure, it's not an rpg, but it;s also not a platformer and I consider it being both at the same time, but tbh, who cares? This game is really underrated, but a lot would tell you why it jsut deserves to be a paper mario game (mainly the text, I still think it tops TTYD multiple time).

Like, the only thing that really badly happened was SS, and AGAIN, SS had good stuff that were shown in ssb4 and now paper jam.

It's really not dramatic. What woudl be dramatic is hearing nothign this E3, but we did......

Like, sure, right now, getting back to root is the best options with what happened with SS, but spm still was just really awesome. It's just sad that it got so much underrated.......

Basiclaly, there;s not much to worry about. What I would be worried is if we heard nothing at all.....

D

Deleted member

What kind of Metroid are you waiting for? A side scroller? Because that's what I'm waiting for

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
a decade?

Even then I disagree so much. Spm sure, it's not an rpg, but it;s also not a platformer and I consider it being both at the same time, but tbh, who cares? This game is really underrated, but a lot would tell you why it jsut deserves to be a paper mario game (mainly the text, I still think it tops TTYD multiple time).

Like, the only thing that really badly happened was SS, and AGAIN, SS had good stuff that were shown in ssb4 and now paper jam.

It's really not dramatic. What woudl be dramatic is hearing nothign this E3, but we did......

Like, sure, right now, getting back to root is the best options with what happened with SS, but spm still was just really awesome. It's just sad that it got so much underrated.......

Basiclaly, there;s not much to worry about. What I would be worried is if we heard nothing at all.....
I said RPG. SPM isn't an RPG, that's what I meant. I'm really interested in SPM
What kind of Metroid are you waiting for? A side scroller? Because that's what I'm waiting for
An actual MetroidVania. Be it 2D, 3D like Prime or 3D like Other M, as long as it's an actual MetroidVania

Khoru

Smash Champion
An actual MetroidVania. Be it 2D, 3D like Prime or 3D like Other M, as long as it's an actual MetroidVania
just out of curiosity
have you played axiom verge, guacamelee, or aquaria
they ain't metroid but they're damn good

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Simple, Nintendo is that stupid not to show it.

Remember that showing that it'll be all about 2015 games at E3, that's what it was.

It was nothing but 2015 games and Pikmin is a 2016 game. Even if they didn't show it off at E3 they could have used a Nintendo Direct for the announcement but by the signs of it, Directs are going to be on temporary retirement until we know who's Iwata's replacement is and we don't know of they'll bring them back.

They say it's at near completion but I doubt they'll hold it off THAT long for the NX unless it's 2 things

• NX is a 2017 console. WiiU release then NX port of 3&4
  • Cross Platform and trying to get them to work a full 60 fps on both systems.
NX will be a fall 2016 system. Want to make a bet?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I said RPG. SPM isn't an RPG, that's what I meant. I'm really interested in SPM

it just makes this

I pity you guys because you've been waiting more than a decade for an actual Paper Mario RPG.
An exaggeration. It;s not really true that the entire fanbase had to wait a decade. In fact, spm being so underrated, idk why we HAD to have an rpg after TTYD and while I'm there, I'm even going to tell that what spm did was better than having a TTYD successor, TTYD being THAT polished, I still would not get the point of swquelising it that much.

What is the true story is after spm, IS could do whatever the heck they wanted, either rpg with slight variation, remake or another try to do stuff different while still having an rpg structure.

The only reason most would want a rpg only NOW is because of SS.

And with a transition game to that going, I still will never get the "I feel bad for you" comment.

idk but I just don;t like when there's pessimism in positive things......

Khoru

Smash Champion
I missed out on a Guacamelee sale ddue to money problems, but I know about them. Axiom Vege is heavily inspire by Metroid 1, but Aquaria, I honestly haven't heard of. I just want to play as the One Woman Army again
axiom verge emulates the whole metroid 1 feeling of oppression really well
aquaria's like if ecco were a metroidvania
it's pretty obscure nowadays although it really shouldn't be

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
just out of curiosity
have you played axiom verge, guacamelee, or aquaria
they ain't metroid but they're damn good
I own Aquaria on Steam, got it during a sale or perhaps as part of an indie bundle. Played it once and couldn't get into it, but as it was likely purchased with other games I'm thinking I didn't give it a fair chance. How highly do you recommend it?

Khoru

Smash Champion
I own Aquaria on Steam, got it during a sale or perhaps as part of an indie bundle. Played it once and couldn't get into it, but as it was likely purchased with other games I'm thinking I didn't give it a fair chance. How highly do you recommend it?
i felt like it overstayed its welcome a little, but it was definitely fun to play. except for the above-water bits, **** those. i really loved the music and aesthetic because i'm super into marine biology and ecology and i'm hoping to go into the field.
it's pretty unconventional in terms of metroidvanias though. the combat can actually be a little shmup-ish
Oppression? Don't you mean isolation?
both could apply
just the thing where everything's dark and evil and... idk. alien. it's a hard feeling to describe

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
i felt like it overstayed its welcome a little, but it was definitely fun to play. except for the above-water bits, **** those. i really loved the music and aesthetic because i'm super into marine biology and ecology and i'm hoping to go into the field.
it's pretty unconventional in terms of metroidvanias though

both could apply
just the thing where everything's dark and evil and... idk. alien. it's a hard feeling to describe
Isolation's better. Hostile is probably the best description

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
On Pikmin 4 development maybe nearing completion, but who says its anywhere near done with bug testing?

Also something to note Nintendo's E3 2015 was supposed to be 2015 games and early 2016 games, so that's pretty much Pikmin 4 wasn't there since it wouldn't be ready for launch until late 2016 at the earliest.

And guys remember Pikmin 3 was confirmed in development for ages before they even showed us footage

Also fun fact Pikmin 3 was also confirmed in a interview, so how Pikmin 4 was announced isn't anything new for the series :laugh:

And something that I'm really sick of the theory that Zelda Wii U is going to be a NX launch title, wish they'd never said anything about the NX, so that theory would never of popped up, I find it to be just as stupid as the Ultimate Smash theory to be completely honest.

Also I'm the only one who doesn't want a Super Mario Galaxy 3, don't get me wrong I love 1&2 but I really think its time we moved on. Something I'd love to see is how they could implement the 5 different playstyles into a new 3D Mario platformer. Well that and I want Peach to remain playable, since I like playing as pretty pretty Princesses

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of this Ultimate Smash theory, would it be a full priced game or do you think Nintnedo is bold enough to try one of those fancy pricing systems that Street Fighter V and Killer instict are using?

I wonder what the starter roster would look like...

D

Deleted member

Pikmin 4 is trending Twitter now:
I can't understand why Nintendo love anti-climatic reveals
Star Foz Zero was casually announced back at last year's E3 instead of a hype reveal this year
And now we havw Pikmin 4
Sommeone told me Ryu has 2 different ways to roll. The bugger doesn't realize that backroll and frontroll are different
You mean to tell me I wasn't doing a Super Secret Technique this whole time?
Damn, my whole strategy on For Glory was based around rolls

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Speaking of this Ultimate Smash theory, would it be a full priced game or do you think Nintnedo is bold enough to try one of those fancy pricing systems that Street Fighter V and Killer instict are using?

I wonder what the starter roster would look like...
Either the DLC characters become starters, unlockables, or all the characters are all available at the start.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just for comparison's sake my Starter roster for a Free Smash would be

Original 8
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4kirby::4yoshi::4fox::4pikachu:
With the original 4 unlockables as, well unlockables so that people who don't want to pay money can still get some sense of accomplishment
:4luigi::4falcon::4ness::4jigglypuff:
Then add in a few from the other 4.
:4marth::4bowser::4pit::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit:
Not sure about the third parties but if they'd most likely be ones needed for purchase, especially if the original package is free.
:4pacman::4megaman::4ryu::4sonic:(:snake:)?
And as a bonus, the Smash 4 clones as unlockables.
:4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit:

21 characters without paying a cent (14 without putting in any effort) seems to be fair. What would your model look like?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can't understand why Nintendo love anti-climatic reveals
Star Foz Zero was casually announced back at last year's E3 instead of a hype reveal this year
And now we havw Pikmin 4

You mean to tell me I wasn't doing a Super Secret Technique this whole time?
Damn, my whole strategy on For Glory was based around rolls
'HEY GUYS COIN COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER HOW HYPED CAN YOU GET?!?!? Oh, and Metroid Prime 4 if anyone's bothered...BUT WHO CARES? COIN COSTUMEEEEEEGR;SIYF BTS'XNK/. FX/'
Nintendo at E3 2016

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Changing the subject really quick, what is everyone's opinion of starting a match on For Glory with a taunt? I'd like to know what the general consensus is on this act. How do you feel about it, when/why did this start and how should it be greeted?

Personally, I don't understand this gesture. I know why it's done, for the most part, but simply see it as a free hit. I've been told I'm being disrespectful if I take that free hit. My response is: if you give me a free hit, no matter how or when it occurs, I'm going to take it. Whether you whiff an attack, I read your option, I block your attack or you do something otherwise punishable..... it should be punished. Am I wrong?

When that announcer says, "Go!".... you better believe I'm going. I don't want to wait and see if you taunt me, even if it's friendly. I have a game plan when the countdown begins and it doesn't involve stalling for your taunt to finish.

I'm an old school Smasher and was not familiar with this practice prior to Smash 4. If anyone cares to shed any light on it, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
'HEY GUYS COIN COSTUME IN MARIO MAKER HOW HYPED CAN YOU GET?!?!? Oh, and Metroid Prime 4 if anyone's bothered...BUT WHO CARES? COIN COSTUMEEEEEEGR;SIYF BTS'XNK/. FX/'
Nintendo at E3 2016
Pikmin 4 is revealed to be Nintendo's first cell phone game. Buy fertilizer with real money to make your Pikimin grow faster!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Changing the subject really quick, what is everyone's opinion of starting a match on For Glory with a taunt? I'd like to know what the general consensus is on this act. How do you feel about it, when/why did this start and how should it be greeted?

Personally, I don't understand this gesture. I know why it's done, for the most part, but simply see it as a free hit. I've been told I'm being disrespectful if I take that free hit. My response is: if you give me a free hit, no matter how or when it occurs, I'm going to take it. Whether you whiff an attack, I read your option, I block your attack or you do something otherwise punishable..... it should be punished. Am I wrong?

When that announcer says, "Go!".... you better believe I'm going. I don't want to wait and see if you taunt me, even if it's friendly. I have a game plan when the countdown begins and it doesn't involve stalling for your taunt to finish.

I'm an old school Smasher and was not familiar with this practice prior to Smash 4. If anyone cares to shed any light on it, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Taunting is good imo. However, it's not needed. Though attacking if someone taunts at the beginning of the match is a **** move

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
urgh......

What? I know of few people upet about Paper Jam

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I dont go on FG but when he says Go, I go and I dont are if theother guy is taunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom