• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Lessee, I have (in order of purchase):
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD (free with the MK8 promo)
(Does NES Remix 2 count?)
Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Smash Bros. Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U (used)
Rainbow Curse
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World

About average, given that a couple of those were discounted in the Smashing sale, and WWHD was free.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Games I got when I bought the Wii U from a friend:
1. Nintendo Land
2. NES Remix vol 1 and 2
3. Lego City (Which I actually haven't played yet)
4. New Super Mario Bros. U (preinstalled on the console)
5. Wii Party U (preinstalled, never played)
-------------------
Games I bought (New):
6. Hyrule Warriors
7. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
8. Splatoon

There's also Dr. Luigi on the console from my friend.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know the exact count but I've got two special edition boxes full of games (the boxes that you get amiibo pack-ins with. They're really good containers.)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
...How is the best way to deal with ignorant entitled spoiled bratty ****s?
Apply directly to the seat of learning

But more seriously, parents need to actually raise there kids with limitations. All this "My kids can do and get whatever they want" BS is kinda nauseating...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I really shouldn't be up this late but I am gonna post this before I sleep

This from the Investors Meeting
View attachment 80299

So by the looks of it Zelda Wii U might still be a Wii U exclusive.

I still see a NX port still happening though and there's no reason Paper Jam can't be released this year

Also, PushDustIn PushDustIn should we expect a Social Thread 3.0 soon?
>Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
>SPRING 2016

Nintendo
Nintendo
STOP
DOING THIS
HOW HARD IS IT TO REMOVE A FEW U'S FROM DIALOGUE
HOWHARDISIT

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I need some refreshers for my speculation.

How long was it between Mewtwo' model reveal and his actual trailer?
How many empty Character and Stage Slots are there?

Chrono.

>Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
>SPRING 2016

Nintendo
Nintendo
STOP
DOING THIS
HOWHARDISIT
I'm pretty Treehouse do their own translation and stuff

Not that it justifies the Spring date (especially with how barren the line up already is).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I need some refreshers for my speculation.

How long was it between Mewtwo' model reveal and his actual trailer?
How many empty Character and Stage Slots are there?
Just under half a year from October 23rd to April 1st for Mewtwo.

Character slots, 3, stage slots, iirc over 7.

D

Deleted member

I've never been able to figure out how too properly pronounce the 2nd part of your username.
I've always pronounced it as "yoo-ee-too-zin".
If you want what it's really supposed to be "Yuiitsu shin", you need to pronounce it the Japanese way.

It's a real Japanese word, and you can hear it spoken aloud on this page.

It translates roughly to 'one and only god.'
Which is this. Thanks, vaan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Everyone's already commented on the obvious 'lol first female really?' part, so I'll comment on something different... I feel like they really went out of their way to shoehorn in the fact she plays a transgender role in a totally unrelated show just for Tumblr's sake.

Look, I get it. Trans rights are a big deal, and more power to the movement. But the way this is presented, it really looks like they were fishing for any reason to use the term 'transgender' as a buzzword - no, as a badge - just to promote a product with something that has nothing to do with the product they're promoting. Their intention was clearly little more than to grab more search results.

This, apparently, was more important than selling a functional product.
The character isn't even transgender. It's just a woman in men's clothes. I didn't think Victoria tried to change her gender.

It's like with people who kept screaming that Naoto was transgender when she never truly rejected being a girl but only did just for respect and same thing with people saying Kanji was gay when if you did his social link, you can easily tell he wasn't the slightest gay and it was due to how he was teased as a kid for liking a few feminine things from both genders and was shocked that one person was interested in him regardless of gender

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm pretty Treehouse do their own translation and stuff

Not that it justifies the Spring date (especially with how barren the line up already is).
Wait.

Paper Jam moved to Spring, Paper Mario wanted for Smash...

Guys, the next Smash DLC bundle for Spring will contain Wolf and Paper Mario in a bundle to celebrate their game releases. :troll:

Oh
US Paper Jam's gonna be filled with memes, isn't it

aldelaro, the dream is dead.
The dream is dead, aldelaro.
The dream isn't dead.

So long as you keep a M&L Dream Team save intact, that is.

I've always pronounced it as "yoo-ee-too-zin".
If you want what it's really supposed to be "Yuiitsu shin", you need to pronounce it the Japanese way.
I've always done it as U-Wii-too-Seen.

Not too far off.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Assuming that they didn't start making any characters before the ballot ended (unlikely and not goo business practice.) it could be April before we see anything. Assuming they started after Ryu and Roy... maybe one for Christmas?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait I'm confused. What about Assassin's Creed and transgenderism? I mean, I see the first "female leading role" which is utter bull. But I'm trying to figure out where the latter comes into play.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The character isn't even transgender. It's just a woman in men's clothes. I didn't think Victoria tried to change her gender.

It's like with people who kept screaming that Naoto was transgender when she never truly rejected being a girl but only did just for respect and same thing with people saying Kanji was gay when if you did his social link, you can easily tell he wasn't the slightest gay and it was due to how he was teased as a kid for liking a few feminine things from both genders and was shocked that one person was interested in him regardless of gender
It's funny when you consider that the ones saying "you shouldn't enforce gender roles" are also the ones saying
"Girl/guy dresses like a guy/girl? Transgender!"
"Guy likes feminine things? Gay, obviously!"

Like, read this
Warning: swearing

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1094452697245325&substory_index=0&id=453462944677640

"So majority of the SU fandom thinks Lars is transgender because he didn't want Ronaldo releasing a photo and saying "You know I can't let people see me like that." Ron told Lars who cares what other people think and Lars responded by saying "you wouldn't say that if people said things about you."

[input rant that would be auto censored here]

Lars didn't want Ronaldo releasing an embarrassing photo of him being attacked by a gem and didn't want others to talk bad things about him since he hangs out with Ronaldo because people think he's super weird. Lars has insecurity issues like every teen. That's it. Nothing more."

D

Deleted member

How much can we bet that the next Direct will have a new 50%+ ratio of dislike because of the unveil of Federation Force's new content ?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The latest financial results also reveal that, on average, each Wii U user has approximately six retail Wii U games, so the software sales are very healthy compared to hardware install base. Are you above, below, or right at that average? I imagine most users in this chat will be above.
Retail games?

1. New Super Mario Bros U
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Super Smash Bros Wii-U
  4. Scribblenauts Unlimited
  5. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  6. Splatoon
  7. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  8. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  9. Mario Party 10
  10. Super Mario Maker
  11. Hyrule Warriors
  12. Nintendo Land
  13. Pikmin 3 (Digital + Mario Kart 8 reward)
  14. Game and Wario (Digital + Club Nintendo Reward)
  15. Super Mario 3D World (Digital because I couldnt wait, so I j ust bought it digitally instead :p)
  16. New Super Luigi U (Digital)
  17. NES Remix 2 (Digital)
Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, since Im in school right now.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How much can we bet that the next Direct will have a new 50%+ ratio of dislike because of the unveil of Federation Force's new content ?
That depends... Do I want to give the answer I hope for? Or the depressing reality? 'Cause I like the clouds my head is in and I'm not sure if I want to leave.

D

Deleted member

The latest financial results also reveal that, on average, each Wii U user has approximately six retail Wii U games, so the software sales are very healthy compared to hardware install base. Are you above, below, or right at that average? I imagine most users in this chat will be above.
As of this post, I have:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Nintendo Land
Super Mario 3D World*
Super Smash Bros.

* = Came pre-installed with the console.

I'm slightly below average, though that will change when I get Xenoblade X later this year.

Chrono.

Wait.

Paper Jam moved to Spring, Paper Mario wanted for Smash...

Guys, the next Smash DLC bundle for Spring will contain Wolf and Paper Mario in a bundle to celebrate their game releases. :troll:
Paper Jam was always Spring, kinda (was always listed for a 2016 date).

It just got moved forward in every other region except NA.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's IF Federation Force even gets shown. If anything, I'm betting it could get dislikes based on what's shown for Smash(if applicable).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's funny when you consider that the ones saying "you shouldn't enforce gender roles" are also the ones saying
"Girl/guy dresses like a guy/girl? Transgender!"
"Guy likes feminine things? Gay, obviously!"

Like, read this
Warning: swearing

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1094452697245325&substory_index=0&id=453462944677640

"So majority of the SU fandom thinks Lars is transgender because he didn't want Ronaldo releasing a photo and saying "You know I can't let people see me like that." Ron told Lars who cares what other people think and Lars responded by saying "you wouldn't say that if people said things about you."

[input rant that would be auto censored here]

Lars didn't want Ronaldo releasing an embarrassing photo of him being attacked by a gem and didn't want others to talk bad things about him since he hangs out with Ronaldo because people think he's super weird. Lars has insecurity issues like every teen. That's it. Nothing more."
It's sort of a problem that people tend to have that games and even in media. People just look to throw a title over something and say it's progressive when it never was at all.

Its just something that irks me when people say there's something there by it really isn't.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wasn't there some theory that were gonna get a new DLC update like every 40 something days. Did that happen last time

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
>Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
>SPRING 2016

Nintendo
Nintendo
STOP
DOING THIS
HOWHARDISIT
Why do I have to keep pointing this **** out to you people... -_-'

American English and UK English are very different, it is not just a case off a few different spelled words, there's also how its spoken and delivered that separates the languages. There's the also cultural aspects that has to be changed for example in the UK sexuality is excepted in the UK, while Hyper violence is more excepted in the USA, so any jokes regarding sex have to be reworked for American audiences.

Chances are that the translations for the versions of Paper Jam in Australia, New Zealand and Canada are also going to be very different to the translation for the UK, since their cultures are also very different to the UK's

You guys get what I'm saying, right? See not only will Nintendo of America be translating the game, their also going to change the jokes so they work in American culture while making fit with American culture views, which can take a while, depending on how much they need to change.

The different culture aspect of the American audience is actually why I'm expecting Fire Emblem Fates to be changed a lot to fit with American views in the North American version.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I dont see why it would be left out. Theres no info on it, and they have to at least try and sell it.
Same reason Zelda U was left out of E3, maybe? Needs more stuff before showing it?

And even so, there's plenty of info story-wise about it, fwiw.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Warhammer does a better left 4 dead,than the own company that created left 4 dead can do nowadays a.k.a. evolve.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Wii U is my personal favorite gaming machine because Wii backwards compatibility, Virtual Console and good games in general.

D

Deleted member

Wii U is my favorite because it has The Wonderful 101 which other consoles don't so it wins by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom