• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just love how Ubisoft forgot AC Liberation exist.

Considering its the only good thing related to AssCreed 3.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Most of the ubisoft thing doesn't come from them,like the time they fired a shot at nintendo because the partnership with mercedez benz.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just for the record, Samus is far from the first female video game protagonist.

Here's a random game from 1985 to prove my point:

There's actually a reason I'm bringing up Ninja Princess, though. The same person that created that game also created this game in 1988, which also had a female lead:

More important than all that, though, is that that person is a woman (http://www.giantbomb.com/rieko-kodama/3040-9595/).

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Ugh no, Youtube Red is going to go a long way towards helping that, youtubers are going to be making significantly more income with Youtube Red, not less (especially during **** ad revenue months like January, where a single initial month of less revenue will be more than made up for). The whole reason Youtube is implementing it in the first place is how much more money it'll bring in than sole ad revenue, as explained in these two prior posts:

As long as Youtube Red is a decent success, youtubers are going to be making more money, with significantly more potential, and with income that is going to be a lot more consistent (must I state again how utterly horrible January is with ad revenue?).

-

From the Youtube site, with the flak cut down to make it more understandable:

*No ads
*You can save videos to watch offline on your phone or tablet and play videos in the background.
*Your membership extends across devices and anywhere you sign into YouTube, including the recently launched Gaming app and their YouTube Music app.
*YouTube Red works with Google Play Music, so subscribe to one and automatically get access to the other.
*Starting early next year, YouTube Red subscribers will get member-only access to "new, original shows and movies" from some of YouTube’s biggest creators. More information on this is here

I personally would like to see a bit more to make it more valuable to consumers, especially as the "new original shows" don't interest me the least bit.
Fair enough.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So Death Battle decides to finally do itself some redemption after Tifa vs Yang with our favorite Super Fighting Robot

:4megaman:vs Astro Boy is finally happening

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Death Battle decides to finally do itself some redemption after Tifa vs Yang with our favorite Super Fighting Robot

Redemption? Tifa vs Yang was just fine. :/

But yeh, this one's gonna b guud.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My gut says Astro Boy but Death Battle always pulls an obscure piece of work from a different canon when I think anything is certain.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Strofirko

Smash Master
I didn't got a key for overwatch,but I got a key for a game that is almost getting no hype on internet,and is under NDA.
gr8.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just for the record, Samus is far from the first female video game protagonist.

Here's a random game from 1985 to prove my point:

There's actually a reason I'm bringing up Ninja Princess, though. The same person that created that game also created this game in 1988, which also had a female lead:

More important than all that, though, is that that person is a woman (http://www.giantbomb.com/rieko-kodama/3040-9595/).
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/inventories/80sheroines.htm

I love Hardcore Gaming.

That last one didn't do anything for me. Not a Final Fantasy fan in the slightest, and Yang I find kind of annoying on first glance/RWBY looks like it'd be hard to sit through.

Betting on Astro Boy for this one, seems like another character who'd have something OP hidden in their series, pretty sure he has greater default firing power/mobility too. That said given the Variable Weapons System, this match up is going to be interesting.

I just hope they don't skip out on the good RM weapons like they did Eggman vs. Wily (no Quick or Shadow? WTF?). Black Hole Bomb, Astro Crush, Copy Vision, Gravity Hold, Flash Stopper, Grab Buster. I don't have a high opinion of Screwattack in regards to the Mega Man series.

D

Deleted member

Hardcore Gaming has introduced me to so many amazing niche games; I love that site, too.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If there's one, and only one Direct remaining this year, I highly doubt it'll be game-specific. Especially not Splatoon-centered, given all the upcoming games we know very little about.

I'd say that counts as another strike against RogersBase.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Redemption? Tifa vs Yang was just fine. :/

But yeh, this one's gonna b guud.
The fight scene was pretty good but man, I can see why people say that DB is bias with their choices. I feel like they did this to advertise RWBY considering Rooster Teeth (the company that owns the show) is own by a corporation that owns Screw Attack as well.

Because Tifa got nerfed. Atleast this one will be a much better result no matter who wins

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What can Astro Boy even do in comparison to Mega Man?
Taken straight outta wikipedia.

• Strength equivalent to 100,000 horsepower (75 MW)
  • The ability to fly using jets in his legs and arms
  • Amplification of his hearing up to one thousand times
  • Guns deployed from his posterior
  • Invulnerability to conventional physical injury
  • An electro-heart that can discern people's criminal intentions
  • Bright eye-lamps to assist his vision
  • Laser guns in his finger tips
  • Laser cannons in his arms
  • An extremely accurate electronic brain
  • Hyper Adaptive. Body increases in power to match and then exceed the capabilities of stronger combatants
No, you didn't read that 4th one wrong.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Anyway,I am not mad,considering I am talking about the borderlands guys here,and blizz will make free weekends stress servers,now I only pray for that Paladins beta key.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The fight scene was pretty good but man, I can see why people say that DB is bias with their choices. I feel like they did this to advertise RWBY considering Rooster Teeth (the company that owns the show) is own by a corporation that owns Screw Attack as well.

Because Tifa got nerfed. Atleast this one will be a much better result no matter who wins
Let me say this: Tifa can easily take on opponents stronger and more skilled than Yang.

But even with that, Yang's semblance is LITERALLY a direct counter to everything Tifa can throw at her. With how many times Tifa beat her sensless, her power grew exponentially. Also, how is Tifa nerfed? She had her BEST weapon in the game as well as equipment that softened some of Yang's blows around the beginning. Plus, Tifa IS a glass cannon of sorts (among the lower defense stats in FF7) so Yang coming back at her with some powerful blows would be enough to take her down.
Take it from someone who loves both RWBY and FF. Yang won. If Yang's semblance and aura weren't a thing, she would have lost for sure. But they ARE a thing. So... yeah.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's always been people who can't tell fiction from reality. It's just the people who do the more louder things get noticed since it's absurd and outside the norms.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The latest financial results also reveal that, on average, each Wii U user has approximately six retail Wii U games, so the software sales are very healthy compared to hardware install base. Are you above, below, or right at that average? I imagine most users in this chat will be above.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didnt two girls recently kill their friend because Slenderman told them to, or something like that?
Don't think they killed her, but stabbed and severely wounded her.but they are in middle school, almost high school they knew better than that, no excuses

D

Deleted member

The latest financial results also reveal that, on average, each Wii U user has approximately six retail Wii U games, so the software sales are very healthy compared to hardware install base. Are you above, below, or right at that average? I imagine most users in this chat will be above.
7 games
Though I have some VC titles(all from CN), NSMBU from the MK8 promotion and WW from the Zelda Wii U edition installed in my console

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Are Ubisoft high?
Everyone's already commented on the obvious 'lol first female really?' part, so I'll comment on something different... I feel like they really went out of their way to shoehorn in the fact she plays a transgender role in a totally unrelated show just for Tumblr's sake.

Look, I get it. Trans rights are a big deal, and more power to the movement. But the way this is presented, it really looks like they were fishing for any reason to use the term 'transgender' as a buzzword - no, as a badge - just to promote a product with something that has nothing to do with the product they're promoting. Their intention was clearly little more than to grab more search results.

This, apparently, was more important than selling a functional product.

EDIT: Seeing lots of people bringing up Samus, but I think there's been a misunderstanding (but considering the shoddy quality of the claim, that's no big surprise)... they're trying to claim the actress is one of the first to play a female lead in a video game. That still casts a long shadow over Lara Croft who is, I think, the very first female lead character to have a voice actress.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh yeah, we're getting a new Hyrule Warriors trailer next week.

forgot to mention it yesterday

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have no internet at home anymore and I'm only posting this from a School Netbook cuz my Internet Provider fporgot to send us the bill vbut trurned the internet off anyway
prapre for bad typing, let's do this ****
Ohhhh I thought of a fun prompt for discussion. It's also a neat bonding exercise we can learn about each other from.

Here's the prompt: one day, you're going about your business, and you receive a letter. But it's not just any letter, no...it's marked with the Super Smash Bros. symbol! That's right, you're gonna be representing your "home series" of sorts in Smash! But...there's one issue: you need to select the songs for your home stage.

Basically, choose six songs for your home stage. Any songs at all, so long as there's six, and they're songs that are meaningful to your life in some way. Then, explain why you chose those songs.

1. I mean, I go there. Alma mater and all. Plus we have the best songs. :p
2. Hunchback is my absolute favorite movie of all time.
3. Newsies is my favorite Broadway musical, and I love musicals. Plus, the whole journalist thing makes it fitting.
4. Story time! In my final concert choir performance, we sang this as per tradition. I was one of the five seniors who got a solo. :D Also finding a good quality instrumental version was tough, but it gets the point across. Reminds me of home, and instrumentally is essentially my Eight Melodies or Smiles and Tears. :p
5. Best Christmas song. I love Christmas music. Plus, I've sung it in choir countless times. That bass line, man. BUM. BUM. BUM. BUM.
6. Sang this one as well, if you can believe it. :D Had the single best Bass II line of any piece I've sung. So low, man. Also amazing to fight to, I'd imagine. Empowering.

Any takers for the challenge? :D
1) :4pacman: VS Theme
Reason; :4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman:
2) Super Mario Land - World 1 Theme [REMIX]
Reason; I love me some Mario Land. :4pacman:
3) Song that might play when you fight Sans
Reason; I just like it. It's catchy. :4pacman:
4) Katamari on the Rocks (Instrumental)
Reason; ♫ ┌(-' v'-)┘ ♪ JEW JEW JEW ♪ └(-'v '-)┐♫
5) Luigi's Mansion [REMIX]
Reason; Oh yeh! Can't stop Weegee! :4luigi:
6) Waluigi Pinball
WAH :4pacman:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Only 6? I have
1) New Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U
2) Mario Kart 8
3) Pikmin 3
4) Smash 4
5) Wind Waker HD
6) Game & Wario
7) Super Mario 3D World
8) Hyrule Warriors
9) Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
10) Yoshi's Woolly World
11) Splatoon
12) Wonderful 101 (which i still haven't really touched)
13) Nintendo Land (you can even count it)

Looks like i'm above average at something...:teeth:

Chrono.

Hmm
  1. Wind Waker HD
  2. Darksiders 2
  3. Mario Kart 8
  4. Hyrule Warriors
  5. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
  6. Super Smash Bros
  7. Super Mario Maker
  8. Splatoon
  9. New Super Mario Bros U*
  10. Nintendo Land
  11. Sonic Lost World