• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get more people to play my Mario Maker levels?
Do something unorthodox! Print out flyers and put them on posts all over your city detailing your Mario Maker levels.

Say it's the best levels of all time and if you don't play them you smell like butter pecan pie without the pecans.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Become a popular YouTuber.
Expanding on this idea.
Have Porky Minch "play" the levels (in quotes because he doesn't have Super Mario Maker).

You should understand what I mean, Swamp.

Make a "Porky Plays" series.

D

Deleted member

Being a popular youtuber is a real suggestion, though. I mean, you kinda have to make a name for yourself if you want people to see you, people have to know OF you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish I knew how to get people to play my stages

I still need 19 stars

D

Deleted member

Being a popular youtuber is a real suggestion, though. I mean, you kinda have to make a name for yourself if you want people to see you, people have to know OF you.
It's funny.
I wouldn't mind having a name for myself, but I don't want the hassles that COME with having a name for myself.

I'd rather just be a name here. Less hassle. I'm practically a household icon on these boards. :awesome:
Soon I will be GoldenYuiitusin™.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's funny.
I wouldn't mind having a name for myself, but I don't want the hassles that COME with having a name for myself.

I'd rather just be a name here. Less hassle. I'm practically a household icon on these boards. :awesome:

Here's a household icon for you

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get more people to play my Mario Maker levels?
I will say that website like the SMM Reddit could be a good place.

If you want more people enjoy your level. Just look some video on the level design. What to do and not do and try after to make a level that have a good difficulty and a good concept. I think you will have more chance that people play/like you level like that. ( My Sammer Kingdom Remix level is a good exemple i will say of a good level with a good concept. Since people commented on how they like it.)

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's funny.

I've never been able to figure out how too properly pronounce the 2nd part of your username.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm serious guys...
It's honestly just luck of the draw. At least it is if you're level has something great going for it. It just depends on who sees it and if they share it or not.

The only times people will see your levels normally are if they stumble upon it in up & coming or whatever, or if they get it in a 100 Mario Challange. The only 100% certified way is to, you know, get someone like Gamexplain or whatever to play your level on a stream or something.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That stupid no popping balloons challenge in the Volcano area. I managed to get past sections 1 and 2. but I can't even hit the bombs so it would trigger the switch without hitting a balloon in section 3. :glare:
That mission is especially difficult. Just keep trying! For most of the arrows you need to shoot it ahead of where the switch is. Some of the timings are pretty tight. I think that mission took me at least 40 minutes alone, but luckily I had a determined group of people.

Speaking of which my review of Triforce Heroes is the next post for Source Gaming!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That mission is especially difficult. Just keep trying! For most of the arrows you need to shoot it ahead of where the switch is. Some of the timings are pretty tight. I think that mission took me at least 40 minutes alone, but luckily I had a determined group of people.

Speaking of which my review of Triforce Heroes is the next post for Source Gaming!
I will. Will enjoy the review considering it will actually focus on the multiplayer which the game was built around instead of single player unlikethe other professional game reviewers who focused more on the single player.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I literally JUST did that one with some unknown heroes. We struggled and lost 3 times, but once you finally know the layout it gets easier.

But **** the part where you have to shoot the trail of bombs with an arrow, the camera angle does NOT work for shooting precisely through two closely placed balloons, especially since you have to totem and rely on whoever is on the bottom to position you JUST right. On a moving platform.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I will. Will enjoy the review considering it will actually focus on the multiplayer which the game was built around instead of single player unlikethe other professional game reviewers who focused more on the single player.
I get it. They had a deadline and the servers probably weren't turned on. But the single player experience is so awful!

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Am I the only one who actually gets a bit of a kick out of Single Player?

I mean YES, it's horribly flawed, but it can be an interesting challenge to switch between 3 dummies instead of splitting the load between 3 people. Let's you take on a dungeon in a completely new way and keeps you on your toes.

...Again, it's still horribly flawed, but glass half full.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You want to be a famous Youtube gamer?

Hope you're good at screaming and overacting.

D

Deleted member

You want to be a famous Youtube gamer?

Hope you're good at screaming and overacting.
Also over use of sex jokes and racial jokes.

But hey, Game Sack and Classic Game Room are pretty good, though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really shouldn't be up this late but I am gonna post this before I sleep

This from the Investors Meeting
image.jpg

So by the looks of it Zelda Wii U might still be a Wii U exclusive.

I still see a NX port still happening though and there's no reason Paper Jam can't be released this year

Also, PushDustIn PushDustIn should we expect a Social Thread 3.0 soon?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is a direct?

It sounds like some kind of vegetable.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I really shouldn't be up this late but I am gonna post this before I sleep

This from the Investors Meeting
View attachment 80299

So by the looks of it Zelda Wii U might still be a Wii U exclusive.

I still see a NX port still happening though and there's no reason Paper Jam can't be released this year

Also, PushDustIn PushDustIn should we expect a Social Thread 3.0 soon?
wait...
Project Guard and Project Giant Robot are still alive?

Well that's good to know I suppose

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yes it is.

I don't need you teasing me about it.

Out of all the things I could tease you about my friend, your VD is probably the least embarrassing.

Soon we'll have Swamp's Roast.

<3 u.

D I R E C T INTHENEXTMONTHORTWO B O Y S

It's very little, but Nintendo said words, and they were good words!
Nintendo are starting to sound like a government.

Ah, yes, on that matter, well, we can say that there will be an event of that nature by the end of the 2015 year, as long as no unforeseen contingencies become apparent to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom