• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Sooooo because I had nothing better to do I searched "Goku and Shrek" in Google with the quotation marks just for the fun of finding pages where people complaint about how stupid both of those meme requests are for Smash. But surprise, the twentieth result (last result in the second page) is...

https://www.google.fr/webhp?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=-lEtVrTjB8bsapGchJgP#q="Goku+and+Shrek"&start=10

Yeah, what you're seeing is true, it's the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot page, which is the last thing I would have expected to actually show in these results. I mean, if I wrote "Goku and Shrek" in the Google search bar I expect to see the exact words "Goku and Shrek" in that order somewhere in the page... actually I have two theories about this:
> the Google search algorithm shows the Smash Ballot page in the results for this exact request due to the fact many online pages with "Goku and Shrek" inside them have a link to the Smash ballot;
> there's the exact wording "Goku and Shrek" somewhere in the hidden depths of the page's code or something.

The second theory seems implausible as I think the Smash ballot page just happened to appear here because of the numerous pages found by Google which happened to actually have both "Goku and Shrek" and a link to the Smash ballot, in which case I'm just learning something about how Google's searching algorithm works. But wouldn't it be funny if the second theory was the right one? Maybe someone mentioned "Goku and Shrek" in their ballot vote and Google somehow found it, which would mean we would be able to datamine the ballot results by exploiting Google? :laugh:

Of course I'm convinced the first theory is the right one, but I suppose I learned something about how Google works and I thought it was funny anyway.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not in Smash Bros.' Bizarre Speculation?? Rude. :troll:

I demand to be in Smasholion

Chrono.

Sooooo because I had nothing better to do I searched "Goku and Shrek" in Google with the quotation marks just for the fun of finding pages where people complaint about how stupid both of those meme requests are for Smash. But surprise, the twentieth result (last result in the second page) is...

https://www.google.fr/webhp?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=-lEtVrTjB8bsapGchJgP#q="Goku+and+Shrek"&start=10

Yeah, what you're seeing is true, it's the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot page, which is the last thing I would have expected to actually show in these results. I mean, if I wrote "Goku and Shrek" in the Google search bar I expect to see the exact words "Goku and Shrek" in that order somewhere in the page... actually I have two theories about this:
> the Google search algorithm shows the Smash Ballot page in the results for this exact request due to the fact many online pages with "Goku and Shrek" inside them have a link to the Smash ballot;
> there's the exact wording "Goku and Shrek" somewhere in the hidden depths of the page's code or something.

The second theory seems implausible as I think the Smash ballot page just happened to appear here because of the numerous pages found by Google which happened to actually have both "Goku and Shrek" and a link to the Smash ballot, in which case I'm just learning something about how Google's searching algorithm works. But wouldn't it be funny if the second theory was the right one? Maybe someone mentioned "Goku and Shrek" in their ballot vote and Google somehow found it, which would mean we would be able to datamine the ballot results by exploiting Google? :laugh:

Of course I'm convinced the first theory is the right one, but I suppose I learned something about how Google works and I thought it was funny anyway.
Searching "Goku and Shrek" actually gave me the ballot as the 3rd result.

D

Deleted member

Updated verson:
Changes:
-Users like Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura and others have been added.
-Some users have been swapped to other parts ( Champ Gold Champ Gold has been moved to part 2 and Bedoop Bedoop is now in part 6 instead)
-I accidentally put Arcadenik twice on the list. That was a mistake of mine. If you see a name that has been repeated on the list, please point it out so i can fix it.
-Like always, Tag me if i forgot you.
Part 1: Smash Blood.
Vanroose
Neo Zero
Con0rrrr
Burb
Spazzy_D
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
Arcadenik
Fuzzy Pickles!
Corph
AndreaAC
MasonEliwood
Adeptmune
Speedwagon

Part 2: Smashing Tendency.
N3ON
POKEMANSPIKA
Logo12
rdg121193
FalKoopa
SmashChu
Wintropy
Opossum
SMX
False Sense
Burruni
XenoBrawler610
KenithTheGatherer
Scamper522596
Xenoking
PushDustIn
LIQUID12A
Red Hunter X
Luigi The President

Part 3: Smash Bros Crusaders.
MordbidAltruism
GoldenYuiitusin
God's Robert Cousin
Mega Bidoof
Cloud_Dreamer
Pizzadudemanguy
Thelimomon
DoodleDuck97
JohnnySparkxs
KenboCalrissian
AncientTobacco
Akxareth
Zoroarking
TheDarkMetaKnight

Part 4: Metagame is Unbreakable.
SuperSegaSonicSS
Strider_Bond00J
StormC
ShinyRegice
Shinhed-echi
Scoliosis Jones
SchAlternate
Rockaphin
PWN3
Putuk
Piggins91
Pacack

Part 5: Swamp Perdita Tormentone.
oni333
Moydow
MainJPW
LandMasterA
Kitty-Chan
Jestar
JaydinReiman
IsmaR
Groose
Inawordyes
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Diddy Kong
CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

Part 6: Smash Ocean.
CyberHyperPhoenix
Curious Villager
WeirdChillFever
Chalo5000
BlancWhiteHeart
Azure Warrior
Bedoop
Bananija
ArcticWolf
Aldelaro5
AEM
Made in Heaven

Part 7: Smash Ball Run.
---
Teh Epic Anna
APC99
~Valkyrie~
TheBrainJemin
Kalimdori
AreJay25
Guybrush20X6
Blue Zard
CrusherMania1592
DeathLighting21
JohnKnight1
WhiteEaglePl
Awesomedude4444
JamesDNaux

Part 8: Smasholion
Substitution
HyperFalcon
LightDasher
TheAnvil
Bassoonist
Cheezy Bites
Yellowlord
Rie Sonomura

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That had to be a custom match, but it'd be amazing if it wasnt
It doesn't say, but I'm pretty sure it is, it definitely be more amazing if it wasn't though.

And I'm not in the smash bros anime thing... Perhaps part 8?
Edit: @Speedwagon

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Sooooo... what do people consider to be the best parts of the Jojos manga?

I've heard 2,3 and 7 are generally well praised by fans, but I don't know too much other than that :p
7, 4 and 8 (even if it's not over) are my personnal favorites (as well as those that I see getting the most praise)

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Results from the regional I hosted, King of the Springs, last night:

These brackets were STACKED with both out of state and Arkansas talent.

The crowned King of PM was The Score_Iori (of Memphis) in 1st, 2KrunkVillain (of Memphis) in 2nd, Tha Shogun in 3rd, Chamberlin in 4th, and Druid and Nonsense (of Memphis) placed 5th.

Melee was even MORE stacked... and even less fortunate for Arkansas.

The Score_Iori once again earned 1st. Myztek (of Memphis) was 2nd, @SSBM_Ichigo (of Memphis) was 3rd, 2KrunkVillain in 4th. ihavespaceballs (once again, Memphis), and Bozo the Fox (YAY, ARkansas) tied for 5th. Arby and Chamberlin made 7th.

Smash 4 had an amazingly stacked 80+ player bracket. Evo G | AeroLink (of DFW) dominated with his custom Palutena. Gyo (of DFW) came in 2nd, Mr. Downer (of Oklahoma) scored 3rd, Danbi (ARKANSAS!) got 4th, iiGGY (of DFW) and RedTux TK taking 5th, YOSH and Cyan Can taking 7th, and Goshi (of DFW), TKO | Cheezeballer, Joshawott, and Zodan (of Louisiana) taking 9th.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I've heard 2,3 and 7 are generally well praised by fans, heard 6 wasn't that great but I don't know too much other than that :p
In Japan the most popular parts are 3 and 5 by far. Here in the west 4, 2, 3 and 7 are usually the most liked ones.

6 is highly underrated in my opinion, part 1 is by far my least favorite personally.

Khoru

Smash Champion
stone ocean is... maybe not the weirdest considering steel ball run, but probably at least tied
also it has best girl(s)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Jojo is a little hit and miss, general consensus seems to be that Part 5 is the weakest though (a lot of that is probably due to the piss poor translations out)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Parts 2, 3 & 4 are my favorites.

I like Part 5 for how stupid it gets and I really like Part 6 but mostly for Jolyne.

Part 1 is the weakest but that doesn't take away how awesome of a character Johnathan is.

He's pretty much the best Jostar along with Joesph and Jolyne(but that's mostly bias)

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Haven't seen anyone mention the current partial service outage or the 5-6 hours of Nintendo maintenance happening tomorrow.

From Monday, October 26, 2015 2:00 PM
- Monday, October 26, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Wii U
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.
From Monday, October 26, 2015 1:00 PM
- Monday, October 26, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Wii U
    • - Nintendo eShop
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Nintendo eShop
  • Wii
    • - Wii Shopping Channel
  • Nintendo DS
    • - Nintendo DSi Shop
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

D

Deleted member

I only watched Parts 1 and 2
Part 2 was great and I don't need to watch the other ones to confirm that Joseph is best Jojo
Part 1 is good for the start of the series but it can be summarized to "Dio is evil and we gotta stop him, oh look, we did it"

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just curious, is anyone concerned about the amount of placeholder DLC that has been found in Nintendo games recently?

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

I've heard 2,3 and 7 are generally well praised by fans, heard 6 wasn't that great but I don't know too much other than that :p
My personal favorites are 2, 5, and 7. Part 5 has the sorriest protag, but one of the best if not the best supporting cast.
Parts 1,3, and 6 are right behind those in terms of awesomeness.

Part 4 is my least favorite: crappy pacing (literally the worst of any part), too much focus on side characters that end up not doing much (though I understand why others like it), and characters I felt were overall poorly written, uninteresting, and/or one-dimensional. It wasnt bad though. It was decent and some chapters and characters were legit gems (invisible baby, fatty chapter, Rohan, the final arc), but overall it didnt fit my taste.

I won't judge part 8 since it hasn't finished yet, but it's really good so far. Not quite personal favorite level, but it's good.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just curious, is anyone concerned about the amount of placeholder DLC that has been found in Nintendo games recently?
As long as the games feel finished, then I don't mind. Smash handles Dlc well, and none of the content feels "held back" even if they possibly planned it (at least Mewtwo and Lucas because of being released and announced fairly quickly; but the majority of their development feels like it was made post launch because of lack of info from data mining). If there's planned paid DLC in Mario Tennis then I'd rage.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Not too concerned about it tbh.

None if it feels like it was cut for the sake of making more money (*cough* Assassin's Creed Pre-Order missions *cough*) and as long as the games are complete without including DLC, I'm not too concerned about it tbh.

Nintendo have been pretty good with handling DLC so far imo. I have to wonder what the heck is happening with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash tho....

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Yeah but considering everything that's happened recently, I'm sure this is all nothing.
Probably, but I would like to note that this is 6 hours of eshop maintenance. The 4 hours of maintenance last week didn't really have eshop stuff specified in it. Still probably just giving a lot of time to work on it.

Also, are people just using like huge file sizes for their sigs suddenly? All of a sudden today it seems like it takes way longer for me to be able to type stuff because the page keeps moving as stuff loads in while trying to type. haha

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's no way Bayo would look like Bayo 1 Bayonetta. She'd have her design from Bayonetta 2 for sure.

Then again it's very unlikely she'd get in.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
There's no way Bayo would look like Bayo 1 Bayonetta. She'd have her design from Bayonetta 2 for sure.

stop reminding me...
I want to touch her in the smash training room, but I cant

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Can we just appreciate that we're back to dumb 4chan Photoshops as opposed to "ZOMGOODNESS CREDIBLE TWITTER RUMORS"?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I updated my Mario Maker course "Allarming Armada" if anyone interested. If you look well, you'll find a feather cape, a Yoshi and a 1Up. ;)

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Although she was way more likely as DLC than as a Core fighter because DLC can be "un-rated" and not mess with the rating of the game, but there's still like basically no chance of her showing up because I doubt Kamiya would let Sakurai dumb her down for Smash, and honestly I doubt Sakurai would want to ruin her by dumbing her down anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom