• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That Bayonetta leak isn't THAT bad
At least it's not a text leak and the story of how he found is stupidly hilarious

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I just need to do one more challenge to complete Riverside in Triforce Heroes of course the maintainence had to happen.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I like how the Bayonetta leak tried using the CSS artwork again (in classic mode). Guy must have been very proud of it. The story doesn't make any sense 2/10.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
As long as the games feel finished, then I don't mind. Smash handles Dlc well, and none of the content feels "held back" even if they possibly planned it (at least Mewtwo and Lucas because of being released and announced fairly quickly; but the majority of their development feels like it was made post launch because of lack of info from data mining). If there's planned paid DLC in Mario Tennis then I'd rage.
To be honest. I don't think Lucas was planned to be alongside Mewtwo in the beginning. Mostly because of the ESRB Leak showing a question mark over Mewtwo's face and only his face.

Although, I do think Sakurai and the team tried to implement him into the base game at one point, but simply didn't have enough time. So they relegated him to DLC for those who bought both versions.

As for Lucas, I think he was planned around the same time Roy and Ryu were and he was simply completed faster than any of them. I mean all they would have to do is port some assets from Brawl and animations from Ness really :p.

This is merely my theory on this whole thing lol. I am genuinely curious as to how the actual planning of DLC went though.

EDIT: Never knew the first bit of information was false. Sorry!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the funnier part of the bayonetta leak is how he unlocked her stage yet he fights hers in classic on the kalos pokemon league.

Zynux

Smash Lord
When it comes to Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, I'm still holding out hope that tons of features have still yet to be revealed, though I am not optimistic.

I refuse to believe that outdated GC/Wii Art is seriously what they are going for and what will take up the final version of the character select screen.

Can we just appreciate that we're back to dumb 4chan Photoshops as opposed to "ZOMGOODNESS CREDIBLE TWITTER RUMORS"?
Amen.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not too concerned about it tbh.

None if it feels like it was cut for the sake of making more money (*cough* Assassin's Creed Pre-Order missions *cough*) and as long as the games are complete without including DLC, I'm not too concerned about it tbh.

Nintendo have been pretty good with handling DLC so far imo. I have to wonder what the heck is happening with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash tho....
.u. your comment reminded me of this:

The funny thing is that for the Wii U, they used a costume of Aveline, and Liberation wasn't even in a Nintendo console as far as I know, while Black Flag was, so, I think the Wii U should have gotten Edward's costume, or, why couldn't all the consoles have the three of them? Silly Ubi.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To be honest. I don't think Lucas was planned to be alongside Mewtwo in the beginning. Mostly because of the ESRB Leak showing a question mark over Mewtwo's face and only his face.
Nobody involved in the ESRB leak knew of the DLC plans.

The ? over Mewtwo was likely just to screw with people. Y'know, like several other people involved in posting the leak tried to do.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"blank would be too mature" is less a reason and more and admitance that you lack the creativity to make the character work"

now while we are on the subject of bayo...why wouldnt she be in her "classic" design it was in bayo 1, it was in anarchy reigns, it was in wonderful 101 and hell it was in bayo 2

now to rebutt the classic too mature argument allow me to explain something unless she is summoning a demon ro doing a wicked weave she does not have to "lose clothing" but then i hear you say its because of her guns not her clothing

again you lack creativity first off her ever presant guns look about as real as a 10$ boobjob like seriously have you seen them? next up if you abosolutely need her to use pistols(for some reason) there are alternatives to the "realistic guns"...now if i have to i can go on a detailed list of moves she could do hell bayo 2 pretty much gives her a final smash in the form of the umbran mech which was the only thing that gave me trouble for a possible move set

TLDR: any reasons for not having bayonetta in smash are shallow at best but thiswont mean anything because its not up to us to decide weather or not she gets in because thats up to sakurai who while normally having good reasons has some...."off" descisions like takamaru for instance

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Nobody involved in the ESRB leak knew of the DLC plans.

The ? over Mewtwo was likely just to screw with people. Y'know, like several other people involved in posting the leak tried to do.
Welp. This is news to me. I never knew that lol. Thanks for telling me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Updated Signature again.
I wanted to give it a more home-y feel. :4gaw:
- - - - -
Bayonetta Leak?
Y'know, I really don't think Bayonetta will be in Smash anytime soon.
But das just me. :drshrug:

Chrono.

Bayo being a niche third party character is the strongest thing against her.

They can probably work around the guns and tone her suggestiveness down to ZSS level.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In all honesty the too mature argument is stupid.

But unfortunately its one I see Nintendo adhering too.

kylexv

Smash Master
For you Bowser fans out there, he might of just gotten done watching a marathon of the Matrix movies.
I mean, look at that slo mo dodge!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For you Bowser fans out there, he might of just gotten done watching a marathon of the Matrix movies.
I mean, look at that slo mo dodge!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I've seen this before, it's hilarious to see as a boswer main.

Chrono.

Man, remember when people thought Bowser was gonna be Top Tier in Smash 4?

That was weird.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think the funnier part of the bayonetta leak is how he unlocked her stage yet he fights hers in classic on the kalos pokemon league.
Actually, that part is fine.

There are no home stages in the Wii U's Classic mode. You fight them in whatever stage is shown underneath their trophy on the board.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

That was weird.
Bowser = top tier
Little Mac = OP
Diddy, Luigi and Meta Knight suck
Shulk = one of the best characters I swear
Lucario is broken
Duck Hunt is broken
Sheik and Rosalina are two of the best characters in the game... wait

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Updated verson:
Changes:
-Users like @Rie Sonomura and others have been added.
-Some users have been swapped to other parts ( Champ Gold Champ Gold has been moved to part 2 and Bedoop Bedoop is now in part 6 instead)
-I accidentally put Arcadenik twice on the list. That was a mistake of mine. If you see a name that has been repeated on the list, please point it out so i can fix it.
-Like always, Tag me if i forgot you.
Part 1: Smash Blood.
Vanroose
Neo Zero
Con0rrrr
Burb
Spazzy_D
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
Arcadenik
Fuzzy Pickles!
Corph
AndreaAC
MasonEliwood
Adeptmune
Speedwagon

Part 2: Smashing Tendency.
N3ON
POKEMANSPIKA
Logo12
rdg121193
FalKoopa
SmashChu
Wintropy
Opossum
SMX
False Sense
Burruni
XenoBrawler610
KenithTheGatherer
Scamper522596
Xenoking
PushDustIn
LIQUID12A
Red Hunter X
Luigi The President

Part 3: Smash Bros Crusaders.
MordbidAltruism
GoldenYuiitusin
God's Robert Cousin
Mega Bidoof
Cloud_Dreamer
Pizzadudemanguy
Thelimomon
DoodleDuck97
JohnnySparkxs
KenboCalrissian
AncientTobacco
Akxareth
Zoroarking
TheDarkMetaKnight

Part 4: Metagame is Unbreakable.
SuperSegaSonicSS
Strider_Bond00J
StormC
ShinyRegice
Shinhed-echi
Scoliosis Jones
SchAlternate
Rockaphin
PWN3
Putuk
Piggins91
Pacack

Part 5: Some Smash related joke in Italian.
oni333
Moydow
MainJPW
LandMasterA
Kitty-Chan
Jestar
JaydinReiman
IsmaR
Groose
Inawordyes
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Diddy Kong
CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

Part 6: Smash Ocean.
CyberHyperPhoenix
Curious Villager
WeirdChillFever
Chalo5000
BlancWhiteHeart
Azure Warrior
Bedoop
Bananija
ArcticWolf
Aldelaro5
AEM
Made in Heaven

Part 7: Smash Ball Run.
---
Teh Epic Anna
APC99
~Valkyrie~
TheBrainJemin
Kalimdori
AreJay25
Guybrush20X6
Blue Zard
CrusherMania1592
DeathLighting21
JohnKnight1
WhiteEaglePl
Awesomedude4444
JamesDNaux

Part 8: Smasholion
Substitution
HyperFalcon
LightDasher
TheAnvil
Bassoonist
Cheezy Bites
Yellowlord
Rie Sonomura
Oooh, @GoldenYuiitusin and I are in the same episode? I demand crazy buddy-cop nonsense.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
In all honesty the too mature argument is stupid.

But unfortunately its one I see Nintendo adhering too.
If they can get Snake to work, there's a chance Bayonetta could work. Her guns might be a problem, but I'm not sure.

That was weird.
Bowsermania will always be running wild. Even if I barely see Bowser players nowadays.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Okay guys, here it is:
Smash Bros's Bizarre Speculation:
Part 1: Smash Blood.
Vanroose
Neo Zero
Con0rrrr
Burb
Spazzy_D
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
Arcadenik
Fuzzy Pickles!
rdg121193
Corph
MasonEliwood
Speedwagon

Part 2: Smashing tendency.

N3ON
POKEMANSPIKA
Logo12
FalKoopa
SmashChu
Wintropy
Opossum
SMX
False Sense
Burruni
XenoBrawler610
KenithTheGatherer
Arcadenik
Scamper522596
Xenoking
PushDustIn
LIQUID12A
Red Hunter X
Bedoop
Luigi The President

Part 3: Smash Bros Crusaders.

MordbidAltruism
GoldenYuiitusin
God's Robert Cousin
Mega Bidoof
WeirdChillFever
Pizzadudemanguy
Thelimomon
DoodleDuck97
JohnnySparkxs
KenboCalrissian
AncientTobacco
Akxareth
Zoroarking
TheDarkMetaKnight

Part 4: Metagame is Unbreakable.

SuperSegaSonicSS
Strider_Bond00J
StormC
ShinyRegice
Shinhed-echi
Scoliosis Jones
SchAlternate
Rockaphin
PWN3
Putuk
Piggins91
Pacack

Part 5: Some Smash related joke in Italian.

oni333
Moydow
MainJPW
LandMasterA
Kitty-Chan
Jestar
JaydinReiman
IsmaR
Groose
Inawordyes
SegaNintendoUbisoft
Diddy Kong
CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

Part 6: Smash Ocean.

CyberHyperPhoenix
Curious Villager
Cloud_Dreamer
Chalo5000
BlancWhiteHeart
Azure Warrior
Bananija
ArcticWolf
Aldelaro5
AEM
Made in Heaven

Part 7: Smash Ball Run.

---
Teh Epic Anna
APC99
~Valkyrie~
TheBrainJemin
Kalimdori
AreJay25
Guybrush20X6
Blue Zard
CrusherMania1592
DeathLighting21
JohnKnight1
WhiteEaglePl

Part 8: Smasholion

-IN PROGRESS-
IDK what this is but I want in.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I agree.

I'm just not sure Nintendo does...
It seems more like Sakurai's decision than Nintendo's. Regarding Snake, Sakurai mentioned how he didn't want realistic weapons or machine guns in his moveset (Or in general for the series). To get around this, he gave him explosive weapons as these weren't seen as a problem (This essentially includes all the weapons Snake had). To go on with that, he also gave them a bit of a light hearted aspect (more cartoony weapon designs). It's funny too since I could see a couple other weapons being good replacements or new moves (If Venom Snake were chosen, then the Rocket Punch would be perfect as a new side-b).

With Bayonetta, I could see them giving her an "updated" Smash design ala Roy to remove any skin if that's a problem. Along with that, I'm not sure if her guns are seen as a problem, since I'm pretty sure she has other means of attacking (I think a bow and arrow is one of them). It just requires being creative with the character, something Sakurai can easily do. Thats just what I think though, there's probably still other problems with her that couldn't be changed.

Last edited:
Oni
IsmaR
Groose
Diddy Kong
Myself

This is either a great group in the same episode, or a strangely hilarious group in the same episode.
We also have Moydow presiding over the whole affair. Based on the imminent Phoenix Wright references (which I would encourage) it would absolutely be funny.
Why me being highlighted of all people? I'm not special

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While we still have the animu thread title, who's up for some Portuguese dubs of Dragon Ball Z?

And it's nice this thread isn't flooded with a long running rumor anymore.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Seeing people posting that Bayo image on twitter and freaking out and it's painful. Especially because some of them posted like just the image of the stage being unlocked and apparently didn't even see the images that show her model.
Pretty bad when people start freaking out about a leak without actually looking at the whole leak.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
We also have Moydow presiding over the whole affair. Based on the imminent Phoenix Wright references (which I would encourage) it would absolutely be funny.
Why me being highlighted of all people? I'm not special
Wouldn't that be part of the charm, though? You'd just kinda be the normal guy there providing normal responses to rediculous situations, which would therefore make your responses the rediculous ones in context and funny in an anti-humor kind-of way.

Or something haha. I picked you out because I recognized your name. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In the Wii U version, you rarely don't fight a lot of the characters on their home stage so I think he got that right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom