• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
How Mario Tennis is currently £40 on amazon is beyond me. Xenoblade Wii U is actually cheaper at £36.

No way I'm getting this unless it drops to £25.

D

Deleted member

It looks like Xenoblade X will be my go-to Wii U game for the holidays. I was never anticipating Ultra Smash anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The latest Mario Tennis seems rushed or had a lower budget... It's unfortunate regardless of whether you care about the game or not.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Just curious, how much is the new Mario Tennis game selling for?
$50 in the US and £29.99 in the UK.

I was actually kinda looking forward to it, but it just seems to want to give the Mario Sports games a bad name.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
$50 in the US and £29.99 in the UK.
This definitely i not worth $50, I'd say maybe $30. They may have needed an easy title for the holidays,, but they shouldn't have rushed this. They should have had next level games do a new mario soccer entry, or done a sluggers sequel. Those both could be done by Christmas and have enough content to be worth that price. Plus I really need a sequel to them....

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Is that the final roster? That's very disappointing. Camelot is long past its prime, it seems. Oh well.

:231:
The worst thing about this is that Mario Golf 3DS was apparently really good, and this game just looks so pretty. Seems like Camelot is struggling with HD development....

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The latest Mario Tennis seems rushed or had a lower budget... It's unfortunate regardless of whether you care about the game or not.
Yeah, personally couldn't care much less about tennis even when it's got a goofy Mario universe design, but I certainly hate to see Nintendo release a game that does have a good fanbase that's not only incomplete, but has less content than its previous iteration.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Well, Ultra Smash looks pretty disappointing. Wasn't anticipating the game either way though so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The worst thing about this is that Mario Golf 3DS was apparently really good, and this game just looks so pretty. Seems like Camelot is struggling with HD development....
Yeah. They're better at handheld games, it seems.
Seriously though, this is worrying. Two bad games in a row is not good news for franchise's future.

:231:

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I don't think it's that. It's that they needed something to fill the gap in the holiday season which in return makes the game just look like such a rush job.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yeah, personally couldn't care much less about tennis even when it's got a goofy Mario universe design, but I certainly hate to see Nintendo release a game that does have a good fanbase that's not only incomplete, but has less content than its previous iteration.
Mario Tennis Open was actually panned for being barebones, and that game had tournaments!

Delaying the game to mid-2016 would be ideal, but Nintendo can't afford to do that now....

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm actually kinda glad that X is one of the only games coming out in December, because that game is going to eat all of my time anyways.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Mario Tennis Open was actually panned for being barebones, and that game had tournaments!

Delaying the game to mid-2016 would be ideal, but Nintendo can't afford to do that now....
Well don't forget, they can always just go back and patch everything in that fans want. Although, I don't really see that happening.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well don't forget, they can always just go back and patch everything in that fans want. Although, I don't really see that happening.
It's not as easy as that, the devs have a budget to work on. And if the game doesn't do well, then what's the point

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
True, but let's be real here. Do you really want to pay for a full price game that's a skeleton which may be given some meat later on?

Chrono.

Mario Kart 8 is probably the only game that can get away by being barebones if only for it's amazing courses.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Mario Kart 8 is probably the only game that can get away by being barebones if only for it's amazing courses.
That game has nearly 50 unique tracks each set in different locales. Mario Tennis has around six to eight courts in the same locale.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I miss the formula they used for Power Tennis and Power Tour.

Aurora Jenny Aurora Jenny
I've hardly checked out anything on that . Hope it does well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rest in peace Mario Tennis.

At least Mario Golf is still good.

Chrono.

That game has nearly 50 unique tracks each set in different locales. Mario Tennis has around six to eight courts in the same locale.
Well duh it's a racing game, but it's been stripped of a couple of modes.

Notably Battle Mode got jobbed hard, there's also been a couple of other stuff from older MK games yet to make a return that should, like Mission Mode from DS.

Of course, MK8 is still miles better than MK7 (which I felt to be rather uninspired even in courses).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ganondorf is the only character to frankly look worse from Brawl to Smash 4 in regards to face and expressiveness.

The graphic team really messed up when doing Ganondorf's model and his facial animations. It's especially jarring because all other characters have improved in this regard, including the other Zelda characters (though Toon Link remains more or less the same as Brawl and his source games, so he didn't have a lot of room for improvement).

Beast Ganon's model is also quite well done and looks fierce and intimidating as he should.

Ah well, mistakes happen. To err is human, after all. Still, it wouldn't hurt to release a patch to improve the model's face.

For the most part, he doesn't look too bad, especially when the camera is far away and during gameplay. Certain expressions combined with particular camera angles do lead to strange results, unfortunately.

I actually like how they put the glowing wound from Twilight Princess this time. It didn't make much sense in Brawl that he had the Sages' sword, but didn't have the wound from it (since he got the sword by surviving the execution attempt). It was especially strange considering that Ganon did.

EDIT: And this was my 15000th post! =O
I like Ganon's model, goofy expressions and all.

It makes him fit in with both the realistic Zelda characters, but also with Toon Link. Not to mention Smash is, at its heart, a very goofy game to begin with.

D

Deleted member

tfw you've beaten 2 games o Rabbidluigi's Top 10 Hardest Games list
This actually gives me an idea for a topic
What is the hardest boss you ever faced in a videogame?
No superbosses or final bosses because those are SUPPOSED to be hard

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
There's People who say Smash was "Never competitive" and blame other people for Making Smash competitive despite other people not giving a heck whenever it was meant to or not. Why do people blame others for making a game competitive I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom