• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Frostwraith Frostwraith
Mah boi.

I understand some people don't like how certain characters play, and of course to each his own, but it would be terrible for me to only use a few particular character in a roster so big and varied. I of course like some characters more than others, but playing with Random, I have managed to learn to like all characters. ^^ Plus, if I only played as my favorites (Bowser, ROB, Ridley, etc), it would get a little stale quickly. Now I play them only every now and then when I randomly get them, which makes playing as them more fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Character usage eh?

Mains: :4shulk: :4falcon: :4kirby: :4villagerf:

Secondaries: :4dedede: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4pacman:

Experimental: :4palutena: :4ryu: :4megaman::4lucas::4ness::4pikachu:

Not touching with a 10 foot pole: :4wario: :4diddy::4charizard::4olimar:

Meh: :4bowser::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4littlemac::4link::4mewtwo::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4peach::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4mii::4lucina::4robinm::4metaknight::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff:

Would use if they returned: :wolf: :snake:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mains list?
Okay then
The Champion
:4ganondorf:
Four Heavenly Kings
:4shulk::4falcon::4falco::4littlemac:
Eight Guardians

:4megaman::4greninja::4mario::4marth:
:4robinm::4ness::4feroy::4jigglypuff:
Fighting a Friend
:4lucario::4myfriends::4ryu::4bowserjr:
:4pikachu::4darkpit::4tlink::4mii:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I meant, is there any advantage of observing DST? I've read some statistics (apparently lower rate of day time accidents and (marginally) less power consumption), but does it make any tangible difference to the daily life?

:231:
With DST, days last for one hour longer in summer. Between June and August, the sunrise begins at around 6 AM where I am. If we didn't have DST, sunlight would start as early as 5 AM.

Likewise, sunset in summer is at around 7-8 PM with sunlight lingering almost till 10 PM. If we didn't have DST, this would happen one hour earlier as well.

With DST, days are shifted one hour ahead and effectively last for longer for the majority of people since it's unusual to wake up as early as 5 AM.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ganondorf's face in Smash 4 is just odd, which is jarring compared that he looked fine in Brawl.

Granted, his model in Brawl, similar to other Twilight Princess models, is recycled from said game, whereas Smash 4's model is brand new.

Still, it does seem that whoever did the modelling and animations for Ganondorf just didn't do a terribly good job with the face. The rest of the model actually looks good and doesn't have any issues.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Going to be late on this, but here's my list on characters in Smash 4.

Mains
:4drmario::4littlemac::4ganondorf::4wario::4dk::4mewtwo:

Secondaries
:4metaknight::4feroy::4lucas::4rob:

Characters I want to get better with
:4peach::4ryu::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:

For Fun
:4falco::4darkpit::4ludwig::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4wiifit::4tlink::4link::4duckhunt::4shulk::4pit::4pikachu::4fox::4mario:

Rarely ever use
:4marth::4lucina::4falcon::4shulk::4sheik::4myfriends::4yoshi::4palutena::4greninja::4charizard:

What am I even doing
:rosalina::4bowser::4diddy::4robinm::4ness::4villager::4kirby::4lucario::4zelda::4zss::4luigi::4bowser::4dedede:

Why am I playing as you and why do I come back to you even though I hate playing as you
:4samus:

Samus is weird because I can not play her to save my life, yet I keep playing as her just because. I don't know how to explain it...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The clear difference between Smash4 vs. TP/Brawl :4ganondorf: is they changed the design of his eyes for whatever reason.

The change from gritty to colorful isn't the reason.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Brawl and Twilight Princess shared their gritty artstyle, that's why.

It's a bit strange how Link and Zelda were able to adapt to the brighter colours just fine, but Ganondorf couldn't.

:231:
He could have looked better if his facial design was more faithful to how he looked in Brawl. They definetly took some liberties and took some shortcuts, which why he not only looks dramatically different, but pretty low-quality in comparison to other Smash characters, almost as if he was an afterthought.

And of course, he still has that dumb running animation.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ganondorf's mouth is animated similarly to Captain Falcon and Little Mac. It just doesn't happen to work well with the model's shape. If you notice carefully, the mouth's animation doesn't match with its size.

The mouth doesn't open fully (leaving its far sides closed), which leads to weird expressions.

Though I'll give credit to where it's due. He actually looks good here:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know. On one hand for a "Lord of Darkness" the facial expression are absolutely ridiculous. But on the other I find there to be a charm in how stupid they are.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ganondorf is the only character to frankly look worse from Brawl to Smash 4 in regards to face and expressiveness.

The graphic team really messed up when doing Ganondorf's model and his facial animations. It's especially jarring because all other characters have improved in this regard, including the other Zelda characters (though Toon Link remains more or less the same as Brawl and his source games, so he didn't have a lot of room for improvement).

Beast Ganon's model is also quite well done and looks fierce and intimidating as he should.

Ah well, mistakes happen. To err is human, after all. Still, it wouldn't hurt to release a patch to improve the model's face.

For the most part, he doesn't look too bad, especially when the camera is far away and during gameplay. Certain expressions combined with particular camera angles do lead to strange results, unfortunately.

I actually like how they put the glowing wound from Twilight Princess this time. It didn't make much sense in Brawl that he had the Sages' sword, but didn't have the wound from it (since he got the sword by surviving the execution attempt). It was especially strange considering that Ganon did.

EDIT: And this was my 15000th post! =O

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Man, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash seems barebones....

They've confirmed a few of my fears. I expect "apologies" from the peanut gallery.

- No Tournament mode
- No Ring Shot mode
- No options menu (WTF?)
- No gimmick courts or unlockable courts
- The renders on the character select screen are final
- Not only does the game not have an opening CGI cutscene, but it doesn't have an opening period; it just abruptly starts

"Calling it Mario Tennis is almost giving it too much credit."

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
People complain about Robin's Limit system and want it removed despite being it Unique to him, and ACTUALLY USES YOUR BRAIN. I don't get it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I wasn't planning on buying the game anyway. But it's still disappointing to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom