• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the October 23rd rumor is deader than dead??

Anywho, really enjoying The Legend of Zelda XVIII right now (the story feels like something I'd expect from a Tingle game rather than Zelda though).

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Man it seems that whenever I come back from my local EBGames there's some sort of news here.

So 18 characters. Could the two be Alex and Urien as Day one DLC?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know...
I would've loved it if Purple Link was the final boss rather than whoever they got. It'd not only be hilarious, but it'd have some motive to it.
That be hilarious, have him corrupted by the power of not having fashionable outfits.
Uh huh. So it's the same Link from ALBW, except now he's a 'Hero Candidate different from Link himself.' Got it.

(-______-)
We established this yesterday, they seem to make up the Zelda timeline as they go along, and then contradict past statements.
I'm pretty sure some intern made this up on the spot, especially considering how sloppy their last reply was lol
Now this would make sense for what I stated above lol.
'Sorry sweeties, but I just HAVE to go to this fashion show! It is going to be faaaaabulooouuus!'
No fashion for you! And thus purple link died from not being fashionable enough. All why his friends show off their bold new looks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Zelda 4 player & Purple Link, I never understood why the Nintendo Land game had a Yellow Link rather than Purple (yes, I'm aware the Nintendo Land game is non-canon but still).

Nintendo must REEEEEEEAAAALLLLY hate purple for some reason.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Zelda 4 player & Purple Link, I never understood why the Nintendo Land game had a Yellow Link rather than Purple (yes, I'm aware the Nintendo Land game is non-canon but still).

Nintendo must REEEEEEEAAAALLLLY hate purple for some reason.
'People keep bugging us about Ridley not being in Smash? NO MORE PURPLE ANYTHING FOR OUR FANS!'

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
AND IF YOU THOUGHT THE OTHER ONE WAS COOL, THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST REVEALED THING YET.
:troll:

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Y'know, now that I think about it, purple villains tend to be very popular in stuff. Ridley, Green Goblin when he wore purple back in the day, Kamen Rider Ouja, blablabla. It's a very fitting colour for some reason
How you gonna not name the OG? Joker invented the Green and Purple color scheme.

We established this yesterday, they seem to make up the Zelda timeline as they go along, and then contradict past statements.
Oh, I'm aware. It's why I don't consider Historia the be-all, end-all like so many others do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How you gonna not name the OG? Joker invented the Green and Purple color scheme.

Oh, I'm aware. It's why I don't consider Historia the be-all, end-all like so many others do.
I can take some of the historia as fact but it definitely leaves gaps and every game afterwards is harder to place in the timelines. I want to see either fans or Nintendo actually create a better version as each game releases to truly create a timeline. I feel like Nintendo doesn't make Zelda with any timeline at all, they just sort of have each title relate to each other.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
upload_2015-10-23_18-28-44.png

IF YOU MANAGE TO PRE-ORDER STAR WARS EPISODE VII EXCLUSIVELY FROM MASAHIRO SAKURAI'S HOUSE, YOU'LL GET A SPECIAL BONUS.
JOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN CCCCCEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I can take some of the historia as fact but it definitely leaves gaps and every game afterwards is harder to place in the timelines. I want to see either fans or Nintendo actually create a better version as each game releases to truly create a timeline. I feel like Nintendo doesn't make Zelda with any timeline at all, they just sort of have each title relate to each other.
Anouma cares about the timeline, to a certain extent, and he's made efforts to make it coherent. Miyamoto does not care about the timeline, and in fact, he's made efforts to purposefully muck up the efforts Anouma made to make it coherent. The two loudest voices in the room are asking for completely different things, and it makes things complicated very quickly. Then you have the games made by Capcom, which may as well be their own series with how little they truly connect to the big picture.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, the timeline is already screwed in every way possible. So trying to make a game all the while making sure it's within the timeline isn't the easiest thing to do. Especially with a long running franchise like Zelda.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 79623
IF YOU MANAGE TO PRE-ORDER STAR WARS EPISODE VII EXCLUSIVELY FROM MASAHIRO SAKURAI'S HOUSE, YOU'LL GET A SPECIAL BONUS.
JOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN CCCCCEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA!
Before I clicked on the spoiler, I thought the pre-order bonus was going to be someone like Darth Vader or Yoda as a DLC character for Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anouma cares about the timeline, to a certain extent, and he's made efforts to make it coherent. Miyamoto does not care about the timeline, and in fact, he's made efforts to purposefully muck up the efforts Anouma made to make it coherent. The two loudest voices in the room are asking for completely different things, and it makes things complicated very quickly. Then you have the games made by Capcom, which may as well be their own series with how little they truly connect to the big picture.
I knew they had a small image, but they don't truly plan out a timeline because as you said they have conflicting views on whether or not there should be one. I could see in Future, Anouma making something that explains how he wanted the timeline to come together. Which if it does happen, that be an interesting thing to see.
To be fair, the timeline is already screwed in every way possible. So trying to make a game all the while making sure it's within the timeline isn't the easiest thing to do. Especially with a long running franchise like Zelda.
This is true and probably contributes as well. especially since some of the games have a huge time skip from the last entry.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Maybe Ravio, a purple wearing Hylian, decided to stay in Lorule instead of being a Quad Force Hero! :upsidedown:
I would actually love if Ravio ended up being in Smash Bros or Hyrule Warriors and uses the other items you rent from him as his moveset. (as opposed to the "staple" items Link always has)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They just need to stop making prequels. It's actually pretty easy to just move forward.

I knew they had a small image, but they don't truly plan out a timeline because as you said they have conflicting views on whether or not there should be one. I could see in Future, Anouma making something that explains how he wanted the timeline to come together. Which if it does happen, that be an interesting thing to see.

This is true and probably contributes as well. especially since some of the games have a huge time skip from the last entry.
We more or less know what Anouma attempted to do. Four Swords Adventure was set up to serve as a prequel to A Link to the Past, since Wind Waker had severed the connection between OoT and A Link to the Past. Miyamoto vetoed that decision very late into development. Now FSA just feels like a prequel to ALTTP, even though it isn't. :/

So Anouma improvised. He came up with the idea to split the timeline, which would allow OoT to lead into ALTTP, with TP serving as an interquel to explain away some inconsistencies, like the placement of the Master Sword. Miyamoto vetoed *that* decision, too. Because to him, OoT leads directly into ALTTP, and always should.

So now Anouma has basically thrown his hands up into the air and said 'Fine! There's a *third* timeline split, and no it doesn't make sense, but just go with, alright?'

Will be back to play Undertale later to beat the game. Not too keen about my decision yet.
haha you're definitely doing it right then if you regret your decisions on your first run. Just don't think it's over when you're done :p
(desperately trying to poke fun without spoiling)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They just need to stop making prequels. It's actually pretty easy to just move forward.

We more or less know what Anouma attempted to do. Four Swords Adventure was set up to serve as a prequel to A Link to the Past, since Wind Waker had severed the connection between OoT and A Link to the Past. Miyamoto vetoed that decision very late into development. Now FSA just feels like a prequel to ALTTP, even though it isn't. :/

So Anouma improvised. He came up with the idea to split the timeline, which would allow OoT to lead into ALTTP, with TP serving as an interquel to explain away some inconsistencies, like the placement of the Master Sword. Miyamoto vetoed *that* decision, too. Because to him, OoT leads directly into ALTTP, and always should.

So now Anouma has basically thrown his hands up into the air and said 'Fine! There's a *third* timeline split, and no it doesn't make sense, but just go with, alright?'
Interesting. The timeline is definitely different then intended then, but we do ave t accept it as is as you said. That said, I don't find the official timeline terrible, yes it has it's problems, but it's bad. At least Anouma tried to do his best for the fans of the the series that really cared for the timeline.

D

Deleted member

Welp, my father was just transphobic right now and it doesn't help when he ignored what I said

What's going on here?
So Purple Link is taking " a break" from Triforce Heroes:

Contradicting something they just said yesterday
Goddamnit Nintendo

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I think it'd be hilarious if Nintendo ended up putting that Splatoon direct out, but did it as soon as it's no longer the 23rd anywhere in the world so Roger would still be "wrong" but we still get what he claimed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom