• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't get the point of releasing another Zelda remake on the same console when a new one entirely made from scratch is coming out next year (and there's almost nine weeks left until the current year ends, mind you).

Maybe it's just me, but then again, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask both got remade on the same system, so...
I'm curious to know when development started on it. Wind Waker HD only took 6 months to develop, and it's been a little over 6 months since they announced the delay for Zelda U. Perhaps they started on TP HD after that?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
An Island with treasure is protected by Ninjas. Pirates come and try to get the gold. On the Island, the Ninjas have a clear advantage, but whenever they come out to shore and on/near the boats, the Pirates take them out. It's a back and forth battle, but then all of a sudden, everybody stops and turns, looking at another group of ships coming in. A troup of Vikings anhilate a bunch of the pirates ships, and start massacring them. After both sides start getting wiped out, the Pirates and NInjas realize they need to team up. Then it's an awesome montage of Pirate/Ninja hybrid attacks on the vikings (like a cannon shooting a clump of ninja stars). That would be awesome!
I definitely need this in my life right now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not trying to call you out in particular, but this has been bothering me for a good while now: There's a huge difference between a "leak" and a "rumor."

I don't know the full details of all these text rumors going on, but next time you guys say you have a leak, I want actual evidence, not the word of some person that is assumed by others to be assumed to be creditable.
Heh... funny, I've been making the same distinction (calling it a rumor, because that's what it is) in every other post except this one and the one after it. I only avoided doing so this time because I didn't want to sound like a broken record.

Honestly, "leak" and "rumor" have just become synonymous at this point. It's not accurate in the slightest, but it's a habit.
This too. I'm also gonna go with 'I got lazy.'

Last edited:

Soul.

every time I see Greninja and Sheik emotes I'm like, "did someone again just say Greninja is a poor man's Sheik"

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Triforce Heroes secret message got cracked.

You need the Tri Suit, which is unlocked with the 15 Friend Tokens and the message will show up.

Just a small easter egg.
How the heck does that make sense? I don't see how those ciphers match those letters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Good news!

By the way the localization team for Yo-Kai Watch is on Twitter, so you can interact and ask questions regarding Yo-Kai Watch!
Ask David Steinberg, Brent Pentegress, and Mark Risley (executive) producer of the anime questions if you have any. I'm pretty good friends with them on Twitter.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Good news!

By the way the localization team for Yo-Kai Watch is on Twitter, so you can interact and ask questions regarding Yo-Kai Watch!
Ask David Steinberg, Brent Pentegress, and Mark Risley (executive) producer of the anime questions if you have any. I'm pretty good friends with them on Twitter.
So, did you ever ask him if Jibanyan was ever going to be DLC for Smash 4? :troll:
Well, someone had to do it.

So, we could be hearing about Nintendo's first mobile game next week:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/23/the-nintendo-mobile-title-could-be-revealed-next-week/
It strangely lines up with the investors meeting they're having next week on the 28th.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't read the article at first lol.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Chrono. Chrono.
Thank you. XD I guess that is true. I did just finish the first Stage. Went... pretty badly. Feels so much harder to control than Kid Icarus: Uprising. But I guess I'll get a hang of it.

I let Falco die! D:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Has anyone bought/tried out Tri Force Heroes yet? I'm thinking about getting it today.
Well, the demo was fun, and it's gotten good reviews. I say go for it.

Although, the single player apparently kinda sucks...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Finally got around to watching the Nairo vs. Zero match at MLG. ZSS is such a lame character. Every punish Nairo got was 2 or 3 up airs into Boost Kick. And that grab's active frames last way too long. At least Zero's Diddy was styling...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Finally got around to watching the Nairo vs. Zero match at MLG. ZSS is such a lame character. Every punish Nairo got was 2 or 3 up airs into Boost Kick. And that grab's active frames last way too long. At least Zero's Diddy was styling...
Nairo had quite a few different punishes for ZSS, including fair, nair into combos, bair, and even Flip Kick. Uair and Boost Kick were the most common, but that was hardly the only technique he relied on even for kills.

Really, you're quite underselling how well Nairo played just because you don't like the character. He aggressively pressured him and his shield, covered many of Zero's options, and made sure to pull some surprise mix-ups and KOs that Zero didn't expect. Ultimately, Nairo made sure to utilize all that ZSS gave and played her to a great extent, he didn't rely only on one combo and saying he did severely undercuts how much he put into those sets.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That's too bad...
But what I'm coming for is the multiplayer, so it probably will be worth the buy for me.
It has a sort of Left 4 Dead feel to it, obviously with more emphasis on puzzles than killing stuff. The comparison is also somewhat accurate towards the types of players you'll encounter too (sometimes blatant trolls, other times someone simply isn't getting it and you can't communicate well with them. Even more frustrating is when you're the one not getting it, and the other two people bleeping gestures at you isn't helping).

Even when I found a great team that got along and cooperated, I didn't find it that engaging and lost interest very quickly, but I seem to be the odd man out around these parts. Everyone else seems to really like it, and my experience is limited to the demo, so take that as you will.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I did a Dragon Ball Z type matchup in Smash today with :4ryu: as Goku, :4falcon: as Vegeta, :4lucario: as Piccolo and :4mewtwo: as Frieza.

:4lucario: won because BS as usual.

I might do a giant monster movie battle with King Kong :4dk:, Godzilla:4charizard: and Gamera:4bowser:.

Any other ones I try doing?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Nairo had quite a few different punishes, including fair, nair into combos, bair, and even Flip Kick. Uair and Boost Kick were the most common, but that was hardly the only technique he relied on even for kills.
Ditto. And seeing as hos ZSS has terrible start up and recovery on her throw I think it's fair that the active frame are long as well. Her throw is easily punished and can be seen a mile away and reacted to as long as you aren't mashing or trying to get in to throw.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Things just got interesting.
It seem as if PushDustIn's theory might becoming into fruition.

EDIT: Nevermind (again), didn't watch the video before posting this.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So I did a Dragon Ball Z type matchup in Smash today with :4ryu: as Goku, :4falcon: as Vegeta, :4lucario: as Piccolo and :4mewtwo: as Frieza.

:4lucario: won because BS as usual.

I might do a giant monster movie battle with King Kong :4dk:, Godzilla:4charizard: and Gamera:4bowser:.

Any other ones I try doing?
How about the Kiddie Pool? :4ness::4lucas::4villager::4bowserjr::4yoshi:

Why :4yoshi:? Well, you watch his birth at the start of every match, so that technically makes him the youngest fighter on the roster... and you're technically playing a different, newly hatched Yoshi every time you play

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How about the Kiddie Pool? :4ness::4lucas::4villager::4bowserjr::4yoshi:

Why :4yoshi:? Well, you watch his birth at the start of every match, so that technically makes him the youngest fighter on the roster... and you're technically playing a different, newly hatched Yoshi every time you play
You forgot :4tlink: and I can't do any 5+ player matches. Because no Wii U :(

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nairo had quite a few different punishes for ZSS, including fair, nair into combos, bair, and even Flip Kick. Uair and Boost Kick were the most common, but that was hardly the only technique he relied on even for kills.

Really, you're quite underselling how well Nairo played just because you don't like the character. He aggressively pressured him and his shield, covered many of Zero's options, and made sure to pull some surprise mix-ups and KOs that Zero didn't expect. Ultimately, Nairo made sure to utilize all that ZSS gave and played her to a great extent, he didn't rely only on one combo and saying he did severely undercuts how much he put into those sets.
I understand the pressure Nairo put on Zero- he got many grabs off of Zero putting his shield up. But 9 times out of 10, those grabs were followed up by a down throw into up airs and a boost kick attempt. Of those other punishes you mentioned, some only occurred once during the entire two sets. It was really stale to watch. Zero had much better mix-ups and flashier movements. I understand characters have bread and butter combos, but I wasn't super impressed with Nairo's ZSS play in that match. OTHER matches, however, I have been floored by Nairo's performance.

EDIT: For example, I've been scouring the web looking for his Dr. Mario matches vs ESAM. I've heard rave things and really want to watch it but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom