• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Farore, it always seemed like she was "that goddess." The one that no one could agree on a pronunciation for her name. I mean Din and Nayru are pretty straightforward, but Farore has a whole spectrum of Fair-Roar, Fay-Roar, Fah-Roar-Ray, Fer-Roar-Ray, Fuh-Roar-Uh, and so on...no one can seem to agree. :p

I say Fair-roar, stress on the first syllable.
That's how I pronounce it.

Though I used to pronounce it like "Pharaoh" when I was younger because I would only briefly see the name in descriptions of Zelda's Up Special and saw it as "Faroe".
Same with "Gerudo Dragon"; "I'd always read it as "Guerdo Dragon".

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I need to take a break from smash 4 until I can fix my really bad Internet problems. Everyone around me just want to my stock battles and it really grinds on the nerves. I just want to have a fun free for all match once in a while. People say you don't have to play a top tier character in non tournament modes but I feel that's becoming less true, everyone talk about tiers all the time to the point I don't even watch smash videos anymore.

There is way too much complaining in the smash 4 community and it only the second year. So yeah I'm going to just focus on my art for now until I feel better to start playing smash again.

Soul.

I just hate how Lucas is just "lol worst Ness" which seems plausible but he's a great character with much better options than Ness considering his tether grab and his hitbox on the PSI Magnet.

I'm probably seeing Mewtwo, Samus and Ganondorf as the best of the low tiers and Ike and Robin as the best FE characters but Shulk as the best overall swordsman
Ness is just easier to play honestly. Lucas has potential; as everyone sees his meta being developed people may raise up their opinions on him.

I don't get the "worse Ness" thing but that's people being people.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, I'm kinda happy we don't have anymore leaks and rumors at this point.

That means we're still in the dark and that's a good thing. That means we don't know what Sakurai is doing and the surprise factor can come in easily. That's not to say the Inklings and SK don't have a shot, every character has a chance but the best thing is that we don't know. And nobody else does but the developers and Nintendo

That means we can freely speculate and that's fine with me. I'm tired of waiting for the unknown because of stupid people on Twitter.

Ness is just easier to play honestly. Lucas has potential; as everyone sees his meta being developed people may raise up their opinions on him.

I don't get the "worse Ness" thing but that's people being people.
I think the 'worst Ness and best Marth' idea for :4ness:&:4feroy: because how easy they are to use, it's like what Z25 Z25 said, it's mostly preferences.

It's like me with Melee in my thoughts that :falcomelee: is just better than :foxmelee: because I preferred the bird over the fox

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I assume this is speculation?
A bit of that mixed with sarcasm. I was poking fun of the fact that this 'leak' could just as easily be a really safe guess. In fact, I actually think there's a decent (not high, but considerable) probability that Inklings are coming, but it has nothing to do with anything RogersBase or Stealth__ said... and, of course, if it happens it'll look like they were right, even if that isn't true.

Disclaimers: No, my claims are not backed by evidence. No, I have not heard anything. No, my Twitter account remains as barren as an unladen swallow.

Amurrica Splatfest
Imagine the backlash if it were Pirates Vs. Knights...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Game Boy game releases have been halted, at least for now. I don't know if the other platforms Virtual Console supports on 3DS will meet the same fate.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, Game Boy game releases have been halted, at least for now. I don't know if the other platforms Virtual Console supports on 3DS will meet the same fate.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped altogether. On the bright side, they could implement 3DS games on the Wii U.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That awkward moment when the leak is deconfirmed,
Not trying to call you out in particular, but this has been bothering me for a good while now: There's a huge difference between a "leak" and a "rumor."

I don't know the full details of all these text rumors going on, but next time you guys say you have a leak, I want actual evidence, not the word of some person that is assumed by others to be assumed to be creditable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why does the Blue Toad not have a face?

Also #TeamPirates for the win. When's the last time you heard of Ninjas of the Caribbean?

That's what I thought.
Clearly you have never seen this ninjas:

#TeamNinjasAllTheWay!
A bit of that mixed with sarcasm. I was poking fun of the fact that this 'leak' could just as easily be a really safe guess. In fact, I actually think there's a decent (not high, but considerable) probability that Inklings are coming, but it has nothing to do with anything RogersBase or Stealth__ said... and, of course, if it happens it'll look like they were right, even if that isn't true.

Disclaimers: No, my claims are not backed by evidence. No, I have not heard anything. No, my Twitter account remains as barren as an unladen swallow.

Imagine the backlash if it were Pirates Vs. Knights...
I see, Inklings would definitely make sense, but since this leak is fake, I'm going to go back to my theory that they will save them for Smash 5 and go all out with it so they can better advertise the game. It wouldn't e completely shocking if they did become DLC though. And yeah, I hope it doesn't happen so they don't look like they are right, thus creating more chaos.

Chrono.

Triforce Heroes secret message got cracked.

You need the Tri Suit, which is unlocked with the 15 Friend Tokens and the message will show up.

Just a small easter egg.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Not trying to call you out in particular, but this has been bothering me for a good while now: There's a huge difference between a "leak" and a "rumor."

I don't know the full details of all these text rumors going on, but next time you guys say you have a leak, I want actual evidence, not the word of some person that is assumed by others to be assumed to be creditable.
Agreed. Stop saying something is a leak when it is actually a rumour.

Also ddoes anyone have Triforce Heroes? How is the single player and the multiplayer?

D

Deleted member

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped altogether. On the bright side, they could implement 3DS games on the Wii U.
Now that's something interesting I'd like to see. If it can emulate DS pretty well, there should be no reason not to emulate 3DS, or at least try to get it working. Though some games like Smash 3DS for example would be pretty pointless to be ported over to the eShop.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I didn't know if people knew this or not, but there's actually a GBA emulator stored in the code of GB and GBC VC releases. The emulation is poor, but it shows Nintendo was trying to get it working at some point.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Triforce Heroes secret message got cracked.

You need the Tri Suit, which is unlocked with the 15 Friend Tokens and the message will show up.

Just a small easter egg.
but what about my Twilight Princess HD direct?
:p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Considering Gemastu was considered a rumor but people keep screaming leak shows how much people don't know the difference between 'leak' and 'rumor'

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Technically, VC isn't needed for GC games to run on Wii U as people have gotten ISOs to run via HDD. The Wii U already has the hardware to run GC games as it's based on the infrastructure of GC compatible Wiis, it just can't read the disks.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, "leak" and "rumor" have just become synonymous at this point. It's not accurate in the slightest, but it's a habit.

D

Deleted member

#UnpopularOpinion : Mario Bros. 3 is my least favorite 2D Mario platformer.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I did not know this, but the entire theme for GameXplain's discussion videos is apparently uploaded to the internet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't get the point of releasing another Zelda remake on the same console when a new one entirely made from scratch is coming out next year (and there's almost nine weeks left until the current year ends, mind you).

Maybe it's just me, but then again, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask both got remade on the same system, so...

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Why does the Blue Toad not have a face?

Also #TeamPirates for the win. When's the last time you heard of Ninjas of the Caribbean?

That's what I thought.
Whenever I see Pirates VS Ninjas, it reminds me of a movie I've wanted to make:

An Island with treasure is protected by Ninjas. Pirates come and try to get the gold. On the Island, the Ninjas have a clear advantage, but whenever they come out to shore and on/near the boats, the Pirates take them out. It's a back and forth battle, but then all of a sudden, everybody stops and turns, looking at another group of ships coming in. A troup of Vikings anhilate a bunch of the pirates ships, and start massacring them. After both sides start getting wiped out, the Pirates and NInjas realize they need to team up. Then it's an awesome montage of Pirate/Ninja hybrid attacks on the vikings (like a cannon shooting a clump of ninja stars). That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom