• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So... Shovel Knight's in the lead. It makes you wondering if the rumor has caused him to be a victim of bandwagoning at all.
Unquestionably. People will vote for characters who they think are likely because they want to be on the 'winning team' if there is such a thing.
I voted for SK before it was cool.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Unquestionably. People will vote for characters who they think are likely because they want to be on the 'winning team' if there is such a thing.
I am surprised though that Sora's managed to get pretty far. It's kind of weird considering he isn't a "likely" candidate to get into Smash Bros. at all and there are no rumors that are suggesting his inclusion.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Funny that the ones that seem to be "most expected" (Wolf and K Rool) are so low on the list.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Welp, my father was just transphobic right now and it doesn't help when he ignored what I said
Imo, it's good to at least try to listen even if you dont agree. That applies to anything really. No one wants to hear what you have to say if you never listen (and this is coming from a christian).

Who knows maybe you just caught him off guard. It can be a shock to many people, but I doubt he loves you any less. Give it time.

[more cheery news]
I finally fixed my unity problem, but now am annoyed with unity even more. Apparently when you make an animation there are some parameters that are automatically generated and overwrite any changes made via scripting to matching gameObject parameters; the game object parameters can be changed, but nothing particularly useful will happen while the animation marameters exist. In other words what I thought was just an animation was also acting as a snapping point (after moving the sprite with a script it just immediately snapped back) and as a scaling factor that kept making my sprite bigger than I wanted it to be aafter I scaled it down.

Seriously Unity...why the **** would I want every animation I make to never change it's size or position after creation. It's not like people constantly modify those things.....oh, wait!

I am surprised though that Sora's managed to get pretty far. It's kind of weird considering he isn't a "likely" candidate to get into Smash Bros. at all and there are no rumors that are suggesting his inclusion.
it's probably because Etika's fanbase is full of the "casual" community.
While here he is hated (for the record he is my favorite character on that list) in places like youtube where people dont aggressively speculate he is a really cool choice for some reason.
Essentially Shadow the hedghog but not.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
it's probably because Etika's fanbase is full of the "casual" community.
While here he is hated (for the record he is my favorite character on that list) in places like youtube where people dont aggressively speculate he is a really cool choice for some reason.
Essentially Shadow the hedghog but not.
It's really interesting in seeing how differently the casual and collective Smash Communities speculate. While we're very pessimistic, the others are more open-minded (which I prefer) and are cool about character choices. It makes me wonder why we're more pessimistic than other communities. Maybe because we argue too much?

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Do you think Zero had any influence with Sora, because he did list him as his Top 5 character choices for DLC?
Not sure if posted here but etika smash poll was updated to top 10
http://strawpoll.me/5813790
Link if you wanna vote
I like this list. *sees sig*

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The region locking in Tri Force Heroes makes me butthurt.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Why not just call Triforce Heroes totally non-canon? It's not like we've included Link's Crossbow Training into the timeline anywhere, IMO this isn't much different. It's a game built around a gimmick using Zelda characters, why not enjoy it for what it is and let it go?

Or, you know, the easy solution would be to stop bringing up Link entirely, say "None of these guys are Link, they're all pretenders," and there you have it. Purple Link is thus irrelevant because none of them are Link.

It's really interesting in seeing how differently the casual and collective Smash Communities speculate. While we're very pessimistic, the others are more open-minded (which I prefer) and are cool about character choices. It makes me wonder why we're more pessimistic than other communities. Maybe because we argue too much?
We're far more aggressive and. . .because I can't think of the word, selfish.
If a character does not fit our wants or a certain standard then fans tend to hate them. For instance, the parts of the K rool thread pretty much despise all "anime" characters and would gladly take any chance they have to put them down.
Most characters that aren't "Icons" face the same issue. Same for "reps."

Indies, Ridley, and a few other fans pretty much get laughed at for even bringing them up (i've been told to kill myself. fun times)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imo, it's good to at least try to listen even if you dont agree. That applies to anything really. No one wants to hear what you have to say if you never listen (and this is coming from a christian).

Who knows maybe you just caught him off guard. It can be a shock to many people, but I doubt he loves you any less. Give it time.
Not when one side is clearly being prejudiced
He said he can't believe there are trans people that aren't "homossexual", and I put it in quotes because he didn't mean an actual trans gay person

But whatever, let's not turn this into an actual argument

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's Etika.

Something needs to stick out like a Sora thumb.
That joke was awful and you should feel bad. Don't make me go full Pun Police on you

We're far more aggressive and. . .because I can't think of the word, selfish.
If a cahracter does not fit our wants or a certain standard then fans tend to hate them. For instance, the parts of the K rool thread pretty much despise all "anime" characters and would gladly take any chance they have to put them down.

Indies, Ridley, and a few other fans pretty much get laughed at for even bringing them up (i've been told to kill myself. fun times)
And the funny thing, we're considered guilty (don't lie, you probably did it once) of doing those things.

I was called a certain derogatory term for gays for wanting Dixie and Impa because they would be clones and nothing else and Simon Belmont because Snake and Metal Gear are relevant and better (the things you hear on NeoGAF)

It's just the nature of the beast. It's the Rules of Nature.

And all we can do is just sit there and just speculate. I mean we gave poor @BluePikmin11 hell for wanting Bayonetta in the d leaks thread

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
To people who played Super Smash land (Or people who know what is it), do you want Vaporeon return as a Vet. in any way (Even if Pokémon has enough reps.)?

D

Deleted member

To people who played Super Smash land (Or people who know what is it), do you want Vaporeon return as a Vet. in any way (Even if Pokémon has enough reps.)?
Give me Rivals of Aether on Wii U and I'm okay with it
Though it makes me wish Orcane Vaporeon was an official character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a neat thing to discuss.

Skyward Sword is, going by the timeline, the first Legend of Zelda game chronologically. However, it also introduced many species and races not seen in "later" games. So...what do you think happened to species like the Kikwi, Mogma, Parella, Loftwing, Remlit, and others?

Any theories?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Skyward Sword is, going by the timeline, the first Legend of Zelda game chronologically. However, it also introduced many species and races not seen in "later" games. So...what do you think happened to species like the Kikwi, Mogma, Parella, Loftwing, Remlit, and others?

Any theories?
They dead.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wow you guys really down play sora's popularity.He's one of the more popular chocies in the casual crowd.He probably wont get in but it makes sense seeing him on that list for a casual list

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They dead.
This was my thoughts, the loftwings end up extinct, probably because they would be moving to the earth and not the sky. They other creatures, either die out as well or possibly become later animals, but that doesn't seem to likely.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Any theories?
They might show up in Wii U honestly. They were quick to be like "LOOK IT'S THE SAILCLOTH FROM SKYWARD SWORD" when they first showed off the game so I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed in a few other SS references.

Another interesting thing we can add to the discussion is: they set it up so there can be one more Zelda prequel which would be the original hero and Hylia, do you think they'll ever make this prequel? ( and what do you think are the possibilities that Zelda U might actually be the original Hero and Hylia?)

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544

Any theories?
They likely evolved into species that are normally seen in the series. The Kikwi, as weird as it sounds, probably turned into Kokiri somehow. Mogma? No idea, but Parella probably turned into Zora, Loftwings maybe into Cucco, and Remlits...I don't know. Someone help me.

Maybe if Zelda Wii U fits in after Skyward Sword...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Any theories?
The become new species like what the Zoras to Ritos.
Parellas = octorok
Mogmas = gorons
Remit = Monkeys? or cats?
That all I can think of.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
They might show up in Wii U honestly. They were quick to be like "LOOK IT'S THE SAILCLOTH FROM SKYWARD SWORD" when they first showed off the game so I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed in a few other SS references.

Another interesting thing we can add to the discussion is: they set it up so there can be one more Zelda prequel which would be the original hero and Hylia, do you think they'll ever make this prequel? ( and what do you think are the possibilities that Zelda U might actually be the original Hero and Hylia?)
I only played Skyward Sword once, since, well, I didn't like it, but wasn't the idea that SS Link and Zelda *were* the original hero and Hylia? What with the time travel stuff. If that's not the case, I'm disappointed, lol, this whole time I thought the scene where Zelda gives Link the sailcloth in reference to Hylia giving the original Hero the sailcloth was actually the original event itself, like a bootstrap paradox. I guess I gave the team too much credit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I only played Skyward Sword once, since, well, I didn't like it, but wasn't the idea that SS Link and Zelda *were* the original hero and Hylia? What with the time travel stuff. If that's not the case, I'm disappointed, lol, this whole time I thought the scene where Zelda gives Link the sailcloth in reference to Hylia giving the original Hero the sailcloth was actually the original event itself, like a bootstrap paradox. I guess I gave the team too much credit.
I was under this impression to, and I beat it. Impa is the lady in the sealed grounds temple, and it gets complicated, because you find out the band she wears was from Zelda, which means their future actions caused the past to be the past and lead into the future. Time travel is to damn complicated....

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Do you think City of the Sky and Skyloft are the same?
I wish they were, but no, the Zelda franchise really does have four separate cities in the sky and races that occupy them. >_>

Oocoo and the City in the Sky, the Hylian and Skyloft, the Wind Tribe and their Palace of Winds, and the Picori and their nondescript location in the sky which they originally descended from.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wish they were, but no, the Zelda franchise really does have four separate cities in the sky and races that occupy them. >_>

Oocoo and the City in the Sky, the Hylian and Skyloft, the Wind Tribe and their Palace of Winds, and the Picori and their nondescript location in the sky which they originally descended from.
None of them are related?!?

How did you figure that out?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I was under this impression to, and I beat it. Impa is the lady in the sealed grounds temple, and it gets complicated, because you find out the band she wears was from Zelda, which means their future actions caused the past to be the past and lead into the future. Time travel is to damn complicated....
The Ontological Loop is my favorite time travel trope. That time is a circle with no beginning or end, rather than a straight line. I don't consider it all that complicated an idea, the problem comes when people tried to figure out what happened 'first', but the very nature of the loop means nothing was first.

None of them are related?!?

How did you figure that out?
They're all completely different in form, function, story and design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom