• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They're all completely different in form, function, story and design?
But couldn't things change over time?

I mean if Zora evolve into Rito, then I can easily see some cities being rebuilt and races evolving into other things.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Ontological Loop is my favorite time travel trope. That time is a circle with no beginning or end, rather than a straight line. I don't consider it all that complicated an idea, the problem comes when people tried to figure out what happened 'first', but the very nature of the loop means nothing was first.

They're all completely different in form, function, story and design?
At first time travel stuff doesn't confuse me, but the more I think about a scenario the more confused I get.
And I can understand Swamp's point on the temples, at least the city in the sky and skyloft. This drummed up that theory:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I realized I never put my theories on them in.

Basically, I firmly believe the Parella became the Zora. That type of extreme evolution isn't new for the series, or even the Zora in particular, since they're confirmed to have become the Rito. It's supported by the art direction requiring them to be "primitive looking" and fits, since it's a cnidarian becoming a more bony fish creature, a much more complex animal, before becoming a bird.

Kikwi...are a bit more of a stretch, but I'm in support of the theory that they became the Kokiri, who then became the Korok. It'd fit the whole Double-K forest creature thing. It'd also help to explain the Kokiri wearing green tunics: it started as a Kikwi tradition in which they wear clothing reminiscent of the hero who helped their race way back when.

Remlits likely evolved into regular cats over time, now that the land is able to be populated. Rather simple.

I'm...less optimistic about the Loftwing and Mogma, though. Loftwings are based on the shoebill, after all, which are a threatened species, so it's not unrealistic to think they may have gone extinct due to over-hunting by races that revere them less than the Skyloftians. At the very least, they're an incredibly endangered species in modern Hyrule.

And Mogma I just think are outright extinct, likely to have died in a volcanic eruption. There's no way they, say, became the Goron, since Gorons already exist in Skyward Sword. Sorry, Mogmas, you are the weakest link (heh), goodbye.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey guys, here's a question.

Who do you think, realistically, our next "WFT" will be? A completely out of bounds, unexpected fighter.
I don't think we will see one as DLC, but if there was one The onlly true WTF choice that would work from the ballot, would be Reckless Safety Man, which probably won't happen, but it be hilarious if he did. Sakurai would be like: "wait this was a joke suggestion? **** Never ask me for anything again!"

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
But couldn't things change over time?

I mean if Zora evolve into Rito, then I can easily see some cities being rebuilt and races evolving into other things.
The Zora 'evolved' through Divine Intervention. The gods literally took away their ability to swim so they wouldn't discover Hyrule at the bottom of the ocean.

The City in the Sky in TP is implied to be centuries old, and long abandoned. It certainly seems to me like it's older than Hyrule Castle, which wouldn't really line up timeline wise if we accept SS to be the founding of Hyrule.

Chrono.

Who do you think, realistically, our next "WFT" will be? A completely out of bounds, unexpected fighter.
The only one who could be a 2nd WFT would probably be Reckless Safety Man and he's implausible and a meme and thus, well known.

I don't know if anyone could be a 2nd WFT really.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Why not just call Triforce Heroes totally non-canon? It's not like we've included Link's Crossbow Training into the timeline anywhere, IMO this isn't much different. It's a game built around a gimmick using Zelda characters, why not enjoy it for what it is and let it go?

Or, you know, the easy solution would be to stop bringing up Link entirely, say "None of these guys are Link, they're all pretenders," and there you have it. Purple Link is thus irrelevant because none of them are Link.
i only skimmed through it because i don't care about the lore of 2d zeldas that much but i think the ending of the game had green link w/o green hair? so idk
So here's a neat thing to discuss.

Skyward Sword is, going by the timeline, the first Legend of Zelda game chronologically. However, it also introduced many species and races not seen in "later" games. So...what do you think happened to species like the Kikwi, Mogma, Parella, Loftwing, Remlit, and others?

Any theories?
you've pretty much summed up my thoughts on your own but
once i tried making a phylogenetic tree with stuff from zelda?
it never really worked out because it was overambitious but now i know a ton more about evolutionary bio than i did before

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
These Zelda theories really get confusing at times for me lol. I'm fine with some since they make sense, but stuff like "Was Link dead in Majora's Mask?" is what really gets me annoyed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
These Zelda theories really get confusing at times for me lol. I'm fine with some since they make sense, but stuff like "Was Link dead in Majora's Mask?" is what really gets me annoyed.
Why that one, it makes sense if you consider it?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Speaking of Zelda, this is a cool Easter Egg.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So I realized I never put my theories on them in.

Basically, I firmly believe the Parella became the Zora. That type of extreme evolution isn't new for the series, or even the Zora in particular, since they're confirmed to have become the Rito. It's supported by the art direction requiring them to be "primitive looking" and fits, since it's a cnidarian becoming a more bony fish creature, a much more complex animal, before becoming a bird.

Kikwi...are a bit more of a stretch, but I'm in support of the theory that they became the Kokiri, who then became the Korok. It'd fit the whole Double-K forest creature thing. It'd also help to explain the Kokiri wearing green tunics: it started as a Kikwi tradition in which they wear clothing reminiscent of the hero who helped their race way back when.

Remlits likely evolved into regular cats over time, now that the land is able to be populated. Rather simple.

I'm...less optimistic about the Loftwing and Mogma, though. Loftwings are based on the shoebill, after all, which are a threatened species, so it's not unrealistic to think they may have gone extinct due to over-hunting by races that revere them less than the Skyloftians. At the very least, they're an incredibly endangered species in modern Hyrule.

And Mogma I just think are outright extinct, likely to have died in a volcanic eruption. There's no way they, say, became the Goron, since Gorons already exist in Skyward Sword. Sorry, Mogmas, you are the weakest link (heh), goodbye.
I really don't like the theory that the Kikwi are in any way related to the Kokiri. The Kokiri, even in their Korok form, are a bunch of children, in universe created by the Deku Tree. How do you rectify that with big old Kyu-Kyuuuuuuuuuu?

The far simpler explanation for the Kokiri is that the Korok is their natural form, and they took on Link's form when the Deku Tree took him in. This includes the curious green garb, which is depicted as fairly big and baggy on Young Link. I like to think the clothing is his father's, or even his mother's, and the Kokiri simply patterned themselves after it. This allows for SS Link and any others prior to OoT to wear what was 'originally' explained as Kokiri clothing in OoT.

As for the Parella, my biggest problem with the idea that they become the Zora is that the Zora's rapid transformation into the Rito was demonstrated to be magical in nature. They don't even naturally grow their own wings. It seems unlikely for a single race to evolve as fast they would need to between SS and OoT, but doubly so when the other races, like the Hylian and Goron, remain completely the same. And OoT's King Zora's full title is actually King Zora De Bon XVI. At least sixteen generations of King Zoras came before him!

Yet, in TP, we meet this same King Zora's wife (we know it's the same King Zora because Anouma clarified such in a post-release interview, and the game itself explicitly states the late King Zora created the Zora Tunic for the old hero, which is confirmed in HH to be the Hero of Time) at least a century after OoT, which means the Zora are incredibly long lived creatures. The timeframe is just too great for the Parella to be the Zora, imo.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am playing through Pandora's Tower.

There is a bug that freezes the game if you try to go the the 11th or 12th tower again.

Nintendo, what the absolute ****, this should not have been released like this.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Why that one, it makes sense if you consider it?
I mean, I can kinda understand the knight in Twilight Princess being Link's ancestor, but people make it seem like hes' dead during Majora's Mask. Like I said though, I'm confused by these theories and never try to get into therm.

Also, that Etika poll is funny to watch Sora, Shovel Knight, Snake, and Shantae fight over the top spot. It's funny when you also notice they all start with S.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, I can kinda understand the knight in Twilight Princess being Link's ancestor, but people make it seem like hes' dead during Majora's Mask. Like I said though, I'm confused by these theories and never try to get into therm.

Also, that Etika poll is funny to watch Sora, Shovel Knight, Snake, and Shantae fight over the top spot. It's funny when you also notice they all stary with S.
I see the Knight one as more of a fact, there is one line( can't remember it exactly), that links hero's shade to the OOT Link, plus( while this technically isn't always right) Hyriule Historia states it is that hero as well. As for the Link is dead theory, it could be true, but also a coincidence. Have you read it? If so, what would you say is a flaw to it?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Also, that Etika poll is funny to watch Sora, Shovel Knight, Snake, and Shantae fight over the top spot. It's funny when you also notice they all start with S.
It is SSSSSUPER SSSSSMASSSH BROTHERSSSSS after all. :V

In terms of the next like "super unexpected character" I'm not sure. I know ROB is technically the "Gyromite" rep, but imagine if we got Professor Hector in for some reason? I think that'd be a pretty heavy blow to everyone in terms of unexpected.

or like... Milon from Milon's Secret Castle. or Peter Pepper from Burgertime?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
****ing Hurricane Patricia ravaging Southwest Mexico and it's going to cleave right through the country...:drsad:

:sadsheep:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Not when one side is clearly being prejudiced
He said he can't believe there are trans people that aren't "homossexual", and I put it in quotes because he didn't mean an actual trans gay person

But whatever, let's not turn this into an actual argument
???
Sorry, I wasn't trying to start an argument.
I was just saying that people should try to listen to each other; though, yes, prejudice often prevents that.

That said, I understand how the concept of being both can be confusing to some. The first time I heard someone say "lesbian in a man's body" I legit had to stop and ponder for a sec. There are a ton of view points to look at that example from and a ton of variables, both subjective and objective, affecting those views. I mean there's even some views that say biological sex (not just gender) is a social construct. There's a lot of views and a lot of overlap.

It's obviously not a 1:1 correlation, but there's a ton of people who for some reason or another believe you cant believe in God and believe science. Whether or not that statement is makes sense or not depends on subjective factors like what it means "to believe science" or "to believe in God".

So many beliefs are just that: beliefs, neither inherently right nor wrong. Some, usually the "better" ones, are more globally accepted; not being considered 3/5ths human is awesome. Personally I've just learned to keep moving. There's a ton of people who will disagree with our beliefs; some will be objectively sound/feeble or subjectively understandable/questionable. We just gotta decide what's worth spending time debating about and what isn't worth our time.

But, I've prattled on long enough.
Regardless of your belief's or your father's I hope you both can come to an amiable conclusion even if you cant come to an agreement; that was the main intent of my original post. To me, that's more important than being right or wrong.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Twice the size of Katrina. 200 mph. Calculated to the the strongest hurricane yet to the point of it being considered labeled a CATEGORY 7 and it's passing directly though.

I want to cry.

Stay safe man.
That sucks dude, I pray for your safety.
Thank you, really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In order for someone to be a new "WFT", they have to be someone that makes sense as a character option in hindsight, yet hardly anyone seriously considers them as an option beforehand.

That's a rather tough order.
Especially when people try to determine who such a character might be. Then it outright defeats the purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Twice the size of Katrina. 200 mph. Calculated to the the strongest hurricane yet to the point of it being considered labeled a CATEGORY 7 and it's passing directly though.

I want to cry.

Thank you, really.
Bruh.

Category 7?

Wow, thats scary af.

I echo SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft 's sentiments. I hope things work out in your favour :(

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I want to cry.

Thank you, really.
Don't mention it, I'm scared too that such a hurricane even exists, that thing is a monster!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Speaking of Zelda, this is a cool Easter Egg.
I smiled so hard when Ballad of the Windfish started playing.

Hell, I smile whenever Nintendo references Link's Awakening. :laugh:

Also holy hell, stay safe Liquid. I didn't realize it was that severe of a storm. Seriously, stay safe!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
One of em is gonna be a gold digger and I'm kind of here for that.
We all know it's Marie.
She take my ink when I'm in need,

Yeah she's a squiding friend indeed.

Oh she's a gold digger way over town.
That squids on me.

(She gives me ink!)

Now I ain't say she's a gold digger.... (when I'm in need!)

But she ain't messin' with no broke squids.

:troll:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
LIQUID12A LIQUID12A stay safe friend

Especially considering I need to watch this storm because there's a possibility that it might swing towards the Gulf into Galveston right into Houston.

Oh damn, I don't need the flooding :(

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which character from a Smash Bros. flash game do you want to return in a Official Smash Bros. game? (Anime, Aether characters, and Fanmade ones do not count).
Edit: I change the rules with Lloyd being avaible.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Which character from a Smash Bros. flash game do you want to return in a Official Smash Bros. game? (Anime, Aether characters, Fanmade and Lloyd do not count).
Chibi-Robo, definitely.

D

Deleted member

Which character from a Smash Bros. flash game do you want to return in a Official Smash Bros. game? (Anime, Aether characters, Fanmade and Lloyd do not count).
I can understand excluding the anime characters, RoA characters (which doesn't count as a Smash fangame to begin with) and fanmade characters, but Lloyd?
Give me one good reason why people can't answer with Lloyd (as in, not something like "because Pac-Man").

Because to me, he obvious that people will pick him.
Might as well say Ridley is not allowed as well, considering Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom