• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All I remember during that time was the Palutena and Chrom fake leaks during then and then one with Ness and Jigglypuff.

That Smash Direct in April was great awful at the same time

Remember during that time the whole 3 starter pattern (that was supposed to lead to Sceptile), trophy pattern, Gemastu crawling out and getting big and Ridley supporters serious delusional theories because he picked up Pikachu.
The Trophy Quiz theory is still the single most straw grasping thing I remember. I cringed quite a bit when it was brought up in serious discussion. :p

D

Deleted member

This may be off-topic, but i would love if someone made a parody movie poster for a "Smash Speculation Film"

SMASH SPECULATION: THE MOVIE.
Starring:
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
FalKoopa
SmashChu
And a bunch of other users who i forgot their names....

This is what happens when you get a person with nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@LIQUID12A

If the hurricane is hitting your location, then I recommend getting off the computer and begin preparing for your safety.

Found this on the net.

DURING A HURRICANE:

• Stay away from low-lying and flood prone areas.
  • Always stay indoors during a hurricane, because strong winds will blow things around.
  • Leave mobile homes and to go to a shelter.
  • If your home isn’t on higher ground, go to a shelter.
  • If emergency managers say to evacuate, then do so immediately.
    http://www.weatherwizkids.com/weather-safety-hurricane.htm (more info here)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Trophy Quiz theory is still the single most straw grasping thing I remember. I cringed quite a bit when it was brought up in serious discussion. :p
The worst part was how originally it was ALL about ghirahim. The whole time. If i remember correctly it was a song involving him that played.
But when Ghirahimm was deconfirmed suddenly all of that logic applied to Impa. so then everyone was on the impa train because the original version was crap. It was so bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This may be off-topic, but i would love if someone made a parody movie poster for a "Smash Speculation Film"

Starring:
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
FalKoopa
SmashChu

Without saying anything out of line due to non-disclosure agreements, there may have been a little project planned at one point, but it's somewhat on hold since a certain user's gone AWOL a bit. :p

Khoru

Smash Champion
The worst part was how originally it was ALL about ghirahim. The whole time. If i remember correctly it was a song involving him that played.
But when Ghirahimm was deconfirmed suddenly all of that logic applied to Impa. so then everyone was on the impa train because the original version was crap. It was so bad.
it was just the skyward sword theme

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm surprised the theory went as far as it did. I saw get brought up MULTIPLE times even when Robin was confirmed.

It was the Starter Pattern that was straw grasping because Sceptile, a Pokemon who the least popular starter and isn't a favorable Gen 3 Pokemon, has to be in to complete the pattern of Water starter :4greninja: and Fire Starter :4charizard:.

That just irked me because that was brought up soooooo much at 4chan and NeoGAF. And it died around August by that point and Sceptile never saw the support it got ever again

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only thing you could really take from the trophy quiz was the Palutena tease. That's literally it.

There was no basis for the rest of the theory.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm surprised the theory went as far as it did. I saw get brought up MULTIPLE times even when Robin was confirmed.

It was the Starter Pattern that was straw grasping because Sceptile, a Pokemon who the least popular starter and isn't a favorable Gen 3 Pokemon, has to be in to complete the pattern of Water starter :4greninja: and Fire Starter :4charizard:.

That just irked me because that was brought up soooooo much at 4chan and NeoGAF. And it died around August by that point and Sceptile never saw the support it got ever again
i wish it did tbh
i genuinely like sceptile a ton
it'd be neat

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Uh huh. So it's the same Link from ALBW, except now he's a 'Hero Candidate different from Link himself.' Got it.

(-______-)
whaat -_-

That makes no sense seeing as ALBW Link, wielded the Master Sword, so he had the spirit of the hero, so ALBW Link has to be a real Link. This possibly couldn't be a case of Nintendo of America making up stuff up on their own again could it?

So are they now saying Fi's no longer able to recognise when some one has the Spirit of the Hero her master carried? -_-

Interesting. The timeline is definitely different then intended then, but we do ave t accept it as is as you said. That said, I don't find the official timeline terrible, yes it has it's problems, but it's bad. At least Anouma tried to do his best for the fans of the the series that really cared for the timeline.
Well most nonsensical thing with the official timeline, was saying Oracle Link and Zelda were the same as ALTTP Link and Zelda, which makes no sense, cause it makes Zelda look like an idiot, because Zelda acts like she just met Link in the Oracle games, which is stupid, cause why the **** would she not remember who saved her life multiple times, is the last true descendant of the Hylian Knights bloodline and the one who saved her Kingdom? These things aren't something people aret just going to forget.

I wish they were, but no, the Zelda franchise really does have four separate cities in the sky and races that occupy them. >_>

Oocoo and the City in the Sky, the Hylian and Skyloft, the Wind Tribe and their Palace of Winds, and the Picori and their nondescript location in the sky which they originally descended from.
Wait

I thought the Picori/Minish and Wind Tribe pretty much came from the same area, being the Palace of Winds and Place above the clouds. Also I still love the fact Minish Cap gave a canonical reason as to why you always find rupees and the like when cutting grass and breaking pots, just a shame no one remembers that part of the Minish Cap :(

So I realized I never put my theories on them in.

Basically, I firmly believe the Parella became the Zora. That type of extreme evolution isn't new for the series, or even the Zora in particular, since they're confirmed to have become the Rito. It's supported by the art direction requiring them to be "primitive looking" and fits, since it's a cnidarian becoming a more bony fish creature, a much more complex animal, before becoming a bird.

Kikwi...are a bit more of a stretch, but I'm in support of the theory that they became the Kokiri, who then became the Korok. It'd fit the whole Double-K forest creature thing. It'd also help to explain the Kokiri wearing green tunics: it started as a Kikwi tradition in which they wear clothing reminiscent of the hero who helped their race way back when.

Remlits likely evolved into regular cats over time, now that the land is able to be populated. Rather simple.

I'm...less optimistic about the Loftwing and Mogma, though. Loftwings are based on the shoebill, after all, which are a threatened species, so it's not unrealistic to think they may have gone extinct due to over-hunting by races that revere them less than the Skyloftians. At the very least, they're an incredibly endangered species in modern Hyrule.

And Mogma I just think are outright extinct, likely to have died in a volcanic eruption. There's no way they, say, became the Goron, since Gorons already exist in Skyward Sword. Sorry, Mogmas, you are the weakest link (heh), goodbye.
Thing is, I remember it being said by some of Skyward Sword's character designers, believe it was in Iwata asks interview, they were originally making a Zora design that was more primitive or that the Parella looked more Zora like, until someone told them no, not sure if it was Anouma or someone else. And also seemed they were really looking forward to showing fans how the Zora's looked before Hyrule was established.

I really don't like the theory that the Kikwi are in any way related to the Kokiri. The Kokiri, even in their Korok form, are a bunch of children, in universe created by the Deku Tree. How do you rectify that with big old Kyu-Kyuuuuuuuuuu?

The far simpler explanation for the Kokiri is that the Korok is their natural form, and they took on Link's form when the Deku Tree took him in. This includes the curious green garb, which is depicted as fairly big and baggy on Young Link. I like to think the clothing is his father's, or even his mother's, and the Kokiri simply patterned themselves after it. This allows for SS Link and any others prior to OoT to wear what was 'originally' explained as Kokiri clothing in OoT.

As for the Parella, my biggest problem with the idea that they become the Zora is that the Zora's rapid transformation into the Rito was demonstrated to be magical in nature. They don't even naturally grow their own wings. It seems unlikely for a single race to evolve as fast they would need to between SS and OoT, but doubly so when the other races, like the Hylian and Goron, remain completely the same. And OoT's King Zora's full title is actually King Zora De Bon XVI. At least sixteen generations of King Zoras came before him!

Yet, in TP, we meet this same King Zora's wife (we know it's the same King Zora because Anouma clarified such in a post-release interview, and the game itself explicitly states the late King Zora created the Zora Tunic for the old hero, which is confirmed in HH to be the Hero of Time) at least a century after OoT, which means the Zora are incredibly long lived creatures. The timeframe is just too great for the Parella to be the Zora, imo.
Wait, are you saying that Rutella was King Zora's wife from OoT? Cause that just can't be right, Ruto is the daugter of King Zora in OoT, and her Mom's dead, if I remember correctly, and Ralis is supposed to be Rutella's son, which would make Ruto, Ralis' sister.

I think your making a mistake Vaanrose, King Zora from OoT can't be the creator of the Zora Armour in TP, since Ruto isn't around and all.

If anything I'd say the Zora family tree goes like this, in the child timeline:
OoT King Zora----His Wife
|
Ruto-????

Then skip a few generations where you have Rutela and Ralis. So the TP King Zora has to be can't be the King Zora from OoT, cause it would require for Ruto to be around to make sense

Also the Zora Armour in TP I find is more advance, since it allows for easier movement then OoT's Zora Tunic, and the TP armour was made specifically for Link, while the all the Zora Tunic does is allow the user to breath underwater.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Smash speculation the movie:

The crew finds out that Masahiro Sakurai orders a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald's. They must investigate how this relates to Smash, and unravel the mystery of why Ice Climbers aren't coming back. Things take a dark turn when they realize that's not all Sakurai ordered...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

The crew finds out that Masahiro Sakurai orders a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese at McDonald's. They must investigate how this relates to Smash, and unravel the mystery of why Ice Climbers aren't coming back. Things take a dark turn when they realize that's not all Sakurai ordered...
That's right it turned out that monster:
wanted fries with that!!! :skull:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Things get even stranger when Sakurai admits that the Hamburgler creeps him out.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

"Wait, guys... who's that he's eating with-- Is that John Beck and Matt Bozon?! Why would Sakurai go to a McDonald's in California unless-- unless--!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He also ordered fri-

That's right it turned out that monster:
wanted fries with that!!! :skull:
DAMN IT.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Wait, are you saying that Rutella was King Zora's wife from OoT? Cause that just can't be right, Ruto is the daugter of King Zora in OoT, and her Mom's dead, if I remember correctly, and Ralis is supposed to be Rutella's son, which would make Ruto, Ralis' sister.

I think your making a mistake Vaanrose, King Zora from OoT can't be the creator of the Zora Armour in TP, since Ruto isn't around and all.

If anything I'd say the Zora family tree goes like this, in the child timeline:
OoT King Zora----His Wife
|
Ruto-????

Then skip a few generations where you have Rutela and Ralis. So the TP King Zora has to be can't be the King Zora from OoT, cause it would require for Ruto to be around to make sense

Also the Zora Armour in TP I find is more advance, since it allows for easier movement then OoT's Zora Tunic, and the TP armour was made specifically for Link, while the all the Zora Tunic does is allow the user to breath underwater.
I'm not saying it makes that much sense, but I am saying that's the intention.

Anouma, talking about TP, shortly after the game was released: "There’s a reference to King Zora (the king of the Zora race in Ocarina of Time; his official name is Do Bon, the third), and there are some pictures of the man from the fishing pond (the owner of a fishing business near Lake Hylia in Ocarina of Time). You can get the feeling here and there that the events from Ocarina of Time happened some time ago."

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Indiecade is going on right now.

Edit: Yay!!! I've pasted 1000!!! :estatic:
uhhh.. yeah I mean it technically started Thursday haha

Wish I could be there though, there's a lot of awesome stuff there. :V

D

Deleted member

Dude. Just got some coconut milk and it's pretty tasty. Might have to swap real milk with this.

:001:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.

I beat Pandora's Tower. I got the best ending too!

It was pretty good all things considered, but that bug still has me peeved.

Overall, it's probably the most different from Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. I'm kind of confused as to why it was included in Project Rainfall considering it's an action game, not a JRPG. It definitely has horror elements, including fixed camera angles and the mixing of eroticism with gross things to make me uncomfortable.

Rest in peace Mavda and Mavda's Husband.

You were my favorites characters.

Regardless, I updated my sig. Tell me if you can all see the changes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't vote for Shantae in the Smash ballot but I really like the games so I support the character

I voted for more awesome characters, like Geno and Blastoise

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't vote for Shantae in the Smash ballot but I really like the games so I support the character

I voted for more awesome characters, like Geno and Blastoise
Would not mind Blastoise or Venusaur at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think if any character got in that would get me REALLY excited it would be Blastoise

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Starring:
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
FalKoopa
SmashChu

The fact vaanrose vaanrose @Con0rrrr @Burb and I aren't in this movie clearly makes it an inferior project.

Basically, this is Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and we're Star Wars Episodes 4-6

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Re: Star Wars; My favorite characters are actually Jar Jar Binks(Lego Star Wars helps, as does the cartoons, Robot Chicken, and I genuinely find him funny), Droidekka(although he's not really a character all that much, but this is the fun pun about Lego Star Wars. It helps.), General Grievous(I like multiple arms, and he's rather cool), and Darth Vader(the original bad-ass).

I've seen all six episodes, and I look forward to 7. I didn't watch all the cartoon episodes, nor the Clone Wars movie, though.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Someone, remind me. Will Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival release, in Europe, as a version without the two Amiibo included? I need to know, so I won't get a version without them. D:

Strofirko

Smash Master
2002 = Wow that is a good easter egg,smart of you nintendo,I never would imagine after all this time.
2015 = THAT **** IS LAME,WHERE IS MY ****IN ZELDA U.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Starring:
Bkupa666
BluePikmin11
Swampasaur
Chronobound
FalKoopa
SmashChu

I want a Smash Speculation Visual Novel now. :4wario2:

:231:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
That feeling when you order something and it literally gets sold out a few minutes later. That just happened with me ordering a JP :4rob: amiibo. Man, I was lucky but can't wait for it to arrive~

Someone, remind me. Will Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival release, in Europe, as a version without the two Amiibo included? I need to know, so I won't get a version without them. D:
GAME only has the bundle up. I assume they won't sell the game alone since you need the amiibos to play the game, hence the bundle being the only version.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The fact vaanrose vaanrose @Con0rrrr @Burb and I aren't in this movie clearly makes it an inferior project.

Basically, this is Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and we're Star Wars Episodes 4-6
Am I the Jar Jar Binks of the Smash Speculation Movie project? Where would I fit in this timeline? Episodes 7-9?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That feeling when you order something and it literally gets sold out a few minutes later. That just happened with me ordering a JP :4rob: amiibo. Man, I was lucky but can't wait for it to arrive~

GAME only has the bundle up. I assume they won't sell the game alone since you need the amiibos to play the game, hence the bundle being the only version.
Thank you, Lucario Dood. That does make sense, but you never know, haha. And the site I buy from (a Swedish site) is so slow at updating game information, so all it shows is the game's boxart. But, thank you. I suppose I needen't worry about getting the wrong version, haha. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom