• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Like I said before, the overkill on the secrecy was the biggest issue with this "leak".

If we had known from the onset that it was yet another one of those idiotic "DURRRRR THERE'S GONNA BE A GAME-SPECIFIC NINTENDO DIRECT THAT ENDS WITH A SMASH TRAILER RELATED TO SAID GAME" leaks, I don't think it would've gotten as much attention in this thread as it did.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He's right.
Huh. Nintendo contradicts themselves once again. :drshrug:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unfortunately, there's like nothing else.

Need I remind you:
nah they had the day off,. They sat back and enjoyed a laugh as this inkling in smash rumor spread.
In terms of rumors, I want to see mor fakes have additional mode ideas or DLC event matches. Those always seem to generate good ideas by the faker leakers, all which sadly never happen.
He's right.
Huh. Nintendo contradicts themselves once again. :drshrug:
I think Nintendo sort of just made up a reasonable timeline for Zelda when they made the official one, and then just went from there without thinking much about it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The sole fact that Nintendo nor anyone relevant in the gaming world never mentioned Indiecade and anyone here not knowing what it is shows nothing is coming out anything Smash related.

Hell, I don't expect anything coming Smash related until late November and December.

And as for Nintendo Directs, don't expect one until the beginning of 2016.

Why then? Because to me they'll start off fresh during then and that's when you expect them to hype of the Q1 releases of Hyrule Warriors Legends and FE Fates.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The sole fact that Nintendo nor anyone relevant in the gaming world never mentioned Indiecade and anyone here not knowing what it is shows nothing is coming out anything Smash related.

Hell, I don't expect anything coming Smash related until late November and December.

And as for Nintendo Directs, don't expect one until the beginning of 2016.

Why then? Because to me they'll start off fresh during then and that's when you expect them to hype of the Q1 releases of Hyrule Warriors Legends and FE Fates.
Well:

Probably means nothing, but they acknowledged it...

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, do you guys remember the theory I made about Shovel Knight's amiibo description possibly Smash like at all? Well, I found the source/inspiration for his description.

upload_2015-10-22_20-14-54.png

Just a kind of interesting thing I found =P.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
We aren't getting a Shovel Knight at Indiecade.
What is Indiecade?

The fact I have to ask what that is probably means he wont be shown there...
You not being aware of something doesn't really have any bearing on if it matters or not. I doubt it'll be shown there but Nintendo has been talking about Indiecade on their twitter and stuff because they're going to be there. It's not like it's not something people are aware of.

I get your point and you're probably right; but in general, devaluing something just because you don't really know about it doesn't make any sense. haha

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You not being aware of something doesn't really have any bearing on if it matters or not. I doubt it'll be shown there but Nintendo has been talking about Indiecade on their twitter and stuff because they're going to be there. It's not like it's not something people are aware of.

I get your point and you're probably right; but in general, devaluing something just because you don't really know about it doesn't make any sense. haha
I think the better point here, is that they definitely won't reveal anything at a event that isn't highly publicized and known by most. It's like if I wanted to hand out money to people, I'm not going to go to an open field as no one will be there. I do understand your point though, but I wanted to add that in.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I think the better point here, is that they definitely won't reveal anything at a event that isn't highly publicized and known by most. It's like if I wanted to hand out money to people, I'm not going to go to an open field as no one will be there. I do understand your point though, but I wanted to add that in.
Yeah, like I said I was super skeptical about it and I doubt they'd reveal anything, but my initial point was I could UNDERSTAND if they revealed him this weekend since this is going on.
I still don't even think he's going to be in it in general.

But yeah, not knowing about something's existence as a reason to discredit it is a pretty bad argument. <w>

Edit: I mean there are over 200 indie games there, it's a pretty huge deal in the indie-community. It is THE biggest "indie-game fest" after all. Very understandable if one of the biggest indie games out there gets a reveal during the time that's going on.

Edit 2: Wonder if Yacht Club will tease the next Shovel Knight DLC there actually. They are confirmed to be there.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's what I trying to mention :4pacman:

I can understand PAX because that's a BIG event regarding Indies. If this was VGAs now I might be inclined to believe it's happening.

At this point, don't expect any Smash reveals ANYWHERE except E3.

Yes, that includes APEX as well

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can understand PAX because that's a BIG event regarding Indies. If this was VGAs now I might be inclined to believe it's happening.

Why would there be a reveal at APEX lol?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to somehow upload a smash trailer by accident with everything else that has happened. I do think we will see the return of directs soon, especially with the outcrys for one. And I'd imagine the next direct to be an all out, grand celebration showcasing a lot of new stuff within in the next year.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well wonder no more the last 4 characters are
toadette, sprixie, bowser jr, dry bowser
source

kylexv

Smash Master
well wonder no more the last 4 characters are
toadette, sprixie, bowser jr, dry bowser
source

So many questions right now.
Where's Diddy?
Why is Rosalina Power and not Tricky?
Sprixie? I wanted this...
Dry Bowser back?
At least there's still room on the top...

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People like Roger who thought it was a good idea to tweet that that they know inside info... when all their fans follow them to learn about leaks... it's like... what was your logic there?

It's ridiculously silly, and I'm glad that it ended the way it did.

I still would like to know more about the source. To let me draw my own conclusions on whether or not they were full of crap, or had some good info that went South.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait

Is that a character select I see there on that Gamepad? :rolleyes:
There appears to be 4 silhouetted characters an empty space and a mii spot:

Screenshot (22).png

Hard to see, but the first appears to be Birdo, I can't make out the second, the third might be wiggler, and 4th I am not sure about, but looks like E gadd, but I doubt it. Then that blue symbol appears to be the mii.

Chrono.

There appears to be 4 silhouetted characters an empty space and a mii spot:

View attachment 79485

Hard to see, but the first appears to be Birdo, I can't make out the second, the third might be wiggler, and 4th I am not sure about, but looks like E gadd, but I doubt it. Then that blue symbol appears to be the mii.
It doesn't matter anymore man lol

Last 4 characters are: Toadeatte, Sprixie, Jr and Dry Bowser.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I could mention DLC as an option for more characters and content like Mario Golf on the 3DS

But you know....Mario Party 10 didn't get any

Burb

The Absolute Worst
At least there's still room on the top...
Why would they show hidden character silhouettes for four of them, and not even have spots for these hypothetical four others?

It's the full roster. There's absolutely no chance of there being more on the top.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we actually get any news tomorrow about the rumors Stealth & others have been braggin' about all month long, I'll take a break from Smashboards.

We're only hours away and no solid proof in sight.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As four final characters could go? They could honestly do worse.

Way way way worse.

Wait, Mario Golf on 3DS got DLC?
...I didn't know that
Rosalina, Nabbit, Toadette, and someone else I believe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom