• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Reminder that Mario himself defeated half of the original SF2 cast by doing absolutely no fighting skill (Or even platforming skill).

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
[X-Files theme starts playing]

My guess? It's not a word. It's either a map or a cheat code.

There's a very clear pattern to it that doesn't look like it would fit any single word that would make sense as a message by itself. Let's pay attention to what else each character has in common...

Each character is a group of 6 dots in a 3x3 array. When you look at it like that, something very interesting becomes clear: in each character, every dot is as close to one side or corner as they possibly can be. Think of it like putting a magnet against one edge or corner, and all the dots move toward it.

What do you get when you look at it like that?

Up-Left, Right, Down, Left, Up-Right, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down-Left.

Or, in cardinal directions:

NW, E, S, W, NE, E, N, W, S, SW.

Either these are directions telling you a path to go in some kind of maze (I don't have the game or plan on getting it, so beats me where this would apply), or it could somehow be mapped to the buttons on your 3DS to spell out a cheat code.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, I think I just found Sakurai's dad.
upload_2015-10-22_18-20-22.png
:troll:

There's only 8 different glyphs, so it's highly unlikely to be an alphabet substitution cipher. I think they represent cardinal directions.

NW, E, S, W, NE, E, N, W, S, SW, NE, SE, W, NW, N, SW, SE, NE, NW, SE
I'm thinking most likely that it's directions towards a new map of sorts. It makes a lot of sense that only certain player can find it. I guarantee that dataminers will probably ruin the surprise before gamers find it themselves lol.

OMG guys, Shovel Knight picture leaked.

He shovels well. He shovels very well.
Where did you dig that out from? :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My guess? It's not a word. It's either a map or a cheat code.

There's a very clear pattern to it that doesn't look like it would fit any single word that would make sense as a message by itself. Let's pay attention to what else each character has in common...

Each character is a group of 6 dots in a 3x3 array. When you look at it like that, something very interesting becomes clear: in each character, every dot is as close to one side or corner as they possibly can be. Think of it like putting a magnet against one edge or corner, and all the dots move toward it.

What do you get when you look at it like that?

Up-Left, Right, Down, Left, Up-Right, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down-Left.

Or, in cardinal directions:

NW, E, S, W, NE, E, N, W, S, SW.

Either these are directions telling you a path to go in some kind of maze (I don't have the game or plan on getting it, so beats me where this would apply), or it could somehow be mapped to the buttons on your 3DS to spell out a cheat code.
This would make a lot of sense, I plan on getting the game, but not for awhile. From what I know of, there isn't a maze, so perhaps this is a cheat code as you suggested. Maybe they attempted some type of konami code? Perhaps it's as Andre said, and relates to that kid and the coins. A comment suggested it could relate to the Triforce gear that you get by using those coins,, but it does nothing unless you have two other people wearing it with you and you can only get it through playing with friends.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know what the message is.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Pshaw, stop playing around. I know what it actually says.

...I just can't tell you guys, it would put my source in danger! Just know that on the hype scale I'd say it's about a 6 out of 10, just wanted you all to know I know it. Maybe I'll drop some hints later ggs brahs.:cool:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pshaw, stop playing around. I know what it actually says.

...I just can't tell you guys, it would put my source in danger! Just know that on the hype scale I'd say it's about a 6 out of 10, just wanted you all to know I know it. Maybe I'll drop some hints later ggs brahs.:cool:
Ah so the message is about a Twilight Princess HD direct, with a "smashing" surprise at the end?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

gahhhhhhh

I want to resub to FFXIV but lack money until Monday. WANT MUH HALLOWEEN COSTUMES.

Chrono.

Oh man

I wanna spend my eShop cash

But I have a sinking feeling the minute I do Nintendo will drop the bomb while I'm broke.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Ah so the message is about a Twilight Princess HD direct, with a "smashing" surprise at the end?
Yes.

And the character could be either Zant or Simon Belmont.

Not sure which one would appear in this Twilight Princess Direct, though, the source wasn't clear on that and it's impossible to know otherwise.

It's not like one of the characters is relevant to the direct and the other has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Oh man

I wanna spend my eShop cash

But I have a sinking feeling the minute I do Nintendo will drop the bomb while I'm broke.
I'd at least wait til the weekend honestly. They've been putting up a lot of trailers this week. I'm not necessarily expecting them to drop the bomb tomorrow, but after an extra-active week on youtube, I wouldn't be all that surprised if something did actually pop up tomorrow.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Gah... Alright guys, you got me. I was being so descreet too!
I guess the cat is out of the bag...

He'll finally be delivering his own Smash Invite... this holiday season. He's in, we did it reddit.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Someone should make a "Shoe Eating intensifies" gif reaction for this thread lol.

Alright, tomorrow's the day! I believe I said that if a character was revealed tomorrow, some kind of shoe eating would occur. Looks like I'm gonna go hungry. I hate being right some times :'(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Gah... Alright guys, you got me. I was being so descreet too!
I guess the cat is out of the bag...

He'll finally be delivering his own Smash Invite... this holiday season. He's in, we did it reddit.
Postman for Smash? Well I don't know about you all, but I'd buy that.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Someone should make a "Shoe Eating intensifies" gif reaction for this thread lol.

Alright, tomorrow's the day! I believe I said that if a character was revealed tomorrow, some kind of shoe eating would occur. Looks like I'm gonna go hungry. I hate being right some times :'(
Lot of people around the internet seem to think if Shovel Knight is going to be revealed, it'll be during Indiecade tomorrow. (and many people flat out saying they "know" he'll be revealed this weekend because they're so sure he's in the game)

I guess Indiecade would make sense for a Shovel Knight reveal. What do you guys think?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Lot of people around the internet seem to think if Shovel Knight is going to be revealed, it'll be during Indiecade tomorrow. (and many people flat out saying they "know" he'll be revealed this weekend because they're so sure he's in the game)

I guess Indiecade would make sense for a Shovel Knight reveal. What do you guys think?
Well then I'll be eating a shoe if that happens. Like literally, I'm going to take apart a shoe, cook it and eat (some of) it.

I think if we haven't gotten a smash announcement because of outside events there isn't a very good reason to believe now would be the time for change.

Of course i've been wrong before.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I didn't even know Indiecade was a thing.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Well everyone thought Shovel Knight was going to get revealed at Nindes @ Night (PAX) and look where that got us...

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is pretty much no different than people going "Ryu @ EVO/Roy @ Fire Emblem concert/Dark Pit @ Hot Topic".

I don't think we'll see any reveals there.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

There's only 8 different glyphs, so it's highly unlikely to be an alphabet substitution cipher. I think they represent cardinal directions.

NW, E, S, W, NE, E, N, W, S, SW, NE, SE, W, NW, N, SW, SE, NE, NW, SE
My first thought was Braille.

My second thought was Tetris blocks(lol).

My third thought was "screw this I quit".

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Well everyone thought Shovel Knight was going to get revealed at Nindes @ Night (PAX) and look where that got us...
Well... got us the Shovel Knight amiibo at least hahaha

This is pretty much no different than people going "Ryu @ EVO guys, Roy @ Fire Emblem concert, Dark Pit @ Hot Topic".

I don't think we'll see any reveals there.
Yeah, I'm super on the fence about it. I could UNDERSTAND them doing it there, but I'm not even remotely expecting it. Honestly, I'm still like 85.9% sure Shovel Knight won't be in Smash Bros, but there's a lot of recent "accidents" and "listing errors" and teasing that keep hinting that he's in, which is why I'm not totally sure about it.

But there's also this thing claiming Shovel Knight's in November:
so I mean... IF he were to come out in November, I guess Indiecade would make a little more sense since it's literally just a con for indie games that Nintendo will be at, and they could do like a "coming in a few weeks" trailer...
eh.
I dunno. haha Just thinking of possibilities based on rumors and stuff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes.

And the character could be either Zant or Simon Belmont.

Not sure which one would appear in this Twilight Princess Direct, though, the source wasn't clear on that and it's impossible to know otherwise.

It's not like one of the characters is relevant to the direct and the other has nothing to do with it whatsoever.
Clearly it's Simon Belmont, he's everyone's favorite zelda character! What game is this Zant guy from?
THE CODE IN TRI-FORCE HEROES...

Is L is Real 2401
But if L is real, are you real?
=L is real thoughts] I always found that rumor interesting, it was really neat to see what people came up with on the subject. The Waluigi and the purple coins was another cool rumor for Mario 64 DS

What is an Indiecade? As for a reveal, if SK is in, I doubt he would be revealed then. We have never seen reveals for smash at these events. Even if this would make sense. I think that if he is real, maybe he could be in a potential direct next week. But I still don't see that likely. It be funny if he was revealed tomorrow instead of inklings though.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Clearly it's Simon Belmont, he's everyone's favorite zelda character! What game is this Zant guy from?

But if L is real, are you real?
=L is real thoughts] I always found that rumor interesting, it was really neat to see what people came up with on the subject. The Waluigi and the purple coins was another cool rumor for Mario 64 DS

What is an Indiecade? As for a reveal, if SK is in, I doubt he would be revealed then. We have never seen reveals for smash at these events. Even if this would make sense. I think that if he is real, maybe he could be in a potential direct next week. But I still don't see that likely. It be funny if he was revealed tomorrow instead of inklings though.
And then Roger would claim he was right because he was speculating Shovel Knight or Inklings being revealed after the Splatoon direct. So he might be like "they delayed the Splatoon direct or something but my source was right because Shovel Knight".

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@BluePikmin11: He, uh, I have a quick question for you. You use your twitter a lot. Did you want to tweet at YCG asking them if they're going to make any "general announcements" at Indicade tomorrow? If you don't want to, I understand. I was just curious if you wanted to XD.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And then Roger would claim he was right because he was speculating Shovel Knight or Inklings being revealed after the Splatoon direct. So he might be like "they delayed the Splatoon direct or something but my source was right because Shovel Knight".
This didn't occur to me. If he did this though, people would still probably not buy it, as he said the reveal was direct focused, which would then mean no Shovel Knight according to his source, but shovel knight would still be in, foremost because of Tama's source.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reading the comments on Nintendo's Zelda timeline tweet, not all that different from what I expected. Some accepted the answer, some didn't, some on Purple Link, and of course more complaining of the lack of a Nintendo Direct.

But my personal favorite:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
This didn't occur to me. If he did this though, people would still probably not buy it, as he said the reveal was direct focused, which would then mean no Shovel Knight according to his source, but shovel knight would still be in, foremost because of Tama's source.
Yeah. Honestly, after the way Roger handled stuff the day he revealed what's supposed to happen with deflecting the blame to other people and having snarky responses to people, I'm probably unfollowing him after tomorrow. I'm not really a fan of anything else he does, unless he openly apologizes tomorrow if there's nothing and doesn't try to pretend he's not to blame for it spiraling out of control.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know about this Shovel Knight thing anymore xD but I haven't heard anything about Indiecade or whatever. Smash rumours are getting a little tedious.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Reading the comments on Nintendo's Zelda timeline tweet, not all that different from what I expected. Some accepted the answer, some didn't, some on Purple Link, and of course more complaining of the lack of a Nintendo Direct.

But my personal favorite:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This was pretty funny, quite clever....
Yeah. Honestly, after the way Roger handled stuff the day he revealed what's supposed to happen with deflecting the blame to other people and having snarky responses to people, I'm probably unfollowing him after tomorrow. I'm not really a fan of anything else he does, unless he openly apologizes tomorrow if there's nothing and doesn't try to pretend he's not to blame for it spiraling out of control.
Yeah he definitely couldn't have handled it better, as well as everyone else. There is no one person to blame, they all contributed to the wildfire and when it grew to big, they couldn't put it out. An apology is definitely warranted considering how simple this info was, and how much it's like every other rumor. it shouldn't have been taken as an undisputed fact, an apology for that would be good. I don't think that will happen though.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I really don't know about this Shovel Knight thing anymore xD but I haven't heard anything about Indiecade or whatever. Smash rumours are getting a little tedious.
Well. It's essentially the same ones over and over lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well. It's essentially the same ones over and over lol.
This is pretty much the same for every rumor for smash though. " I know who the next character is" " There will be a direct...." "The ballot winners are...." The leakers need some creativity....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom