• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Grinding up all of my Pokémon for the Red battle. Put me out of my misery someone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That moment when your senators both vote against it.

That's like the first thing I agreed with them on.:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really didn't like Yokai Watch
Like, theganeplay is confusing and it tries way too hard with the touch screen gimmicks

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Like, theganeplay is confusing and it tries way too hard with the touch screen gimmicks
Take this with a grain of salt, but there's this teeny chance your locale will be overrun by angry blue Pikmin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Take this with a grain of salt, but there's this teeny chance your locale will be overrun by angry blue Pikmin.
It's funny because Blue said it confused him a little too

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Don't put up very high expectations and compare it to Pokemon while playing, or else you'll have the experience drained. It feels mediocre at first (that's how I honestly felt for putting my hopes too high) The more you battle the more fun it is. Yokai Watch is it's own unique game.

Last edited:
Both of my home state senators voted against it
both of my current state senators voted for it.
lol

I don't even know what the bill is i'm just assuming it is bad.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Both of my home state senators voted against it
both of my current state senators voted for it.
lol

I don't even know what the bill is i'm just assuming it is bad.
Looks like more surveillance shenanigans to me.

:231:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You guys don't always have to call me Roger.

You can call me Heaven or Alex.

Roger makes me feel old. Despite the cool alien guy. Lol.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i have defeated all of the things in the yokai watch demo i also managed to grab a few not useable in demo medals

still holds up to my standards that i expected of it

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
With Spongebob, basically the first three seasons, the first movie, and a few of the earlier season four episodes are really the only things worth watching, IMO. I haven't seen the new movie yet, but apparently it's better than the current state of the show, but not quite up to par with the older stuff.
I recommend you see the second movie, it feels more like a 90 minute episode, and isn't as good as the first, but I still had a ton of fun with it.

Blue is the only reason Yokai watch is even on my radar. I wouldn't have even given it a 2nd thought without him lol.
Of course I can't try the demo anyway. . .

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't know about Yokai Watch. I mean, it certainly ain't Pokemon, but I can't but feel it's a bit too automated.
Like, apart from the obligatory touch screen attacks and making them attack a certain monster, you don't do a whole lot attack wise (it's all done for you). Heck, stuff like bug catching and even getting more Yokai are random chances.

I don't know. Maybe it just needs to grow on me, but I couldn't care for it much.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. I don't know about you guys, but I love that it relies so much on the stylus in battle. It only really bugs me when catching bugs and what not.

I thought it'd be too similar to Pokemon and the stylus based battle system and finding the Yokai with it as well? Really makes it feel very different.

I'm going to ask for this for Christmas for sure.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The newer SpongeBob movie gets a "I guess I didn't totally waste ten dollars"/10. I've seen much worse and got a laugh or two. I literally got up and left at the end with that stupid Epic Rap Battle **** though.

There are some pretty good episodes scattered here and there in new SpongeBob as well... but they're scarce. Veeeery scarce.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Could all the maintenance signal Nintendo prepping the servers for excess traffic due to a major release? I'm somewhat kidding, but two major server downtimes due to maintenance within a week is interesting.

Also, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything about it on Twitter. If PSN does down for extended scheduled maintenance, Sony always gives players a heads-up. Guess Nintendo is just behind the times.

Chrono.

Something weird is how they had NNID maintenance scheduled only to get cancelled out of nowhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Could all the maintenance signal Nintendo prepping the servers for excess traffic due to a major release? I'm somewhat kidding, but two major server downtimes due to maintenance within a week is interesting.

Also, I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything about it on Twitter. If PSN does down for extended scheduled maintenance, Sony always gives players a heads-up. Guess Nintendo is just behind the times.
I think this could all tie into some big news next week around their financial meetings, but as always we have no choice but to wait and see. if directs are returning any time soon, expect one next week.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll give Yokai Watch a run through once it becomes available here in Europe. I would like to continue supporting Level-5 as I go along, and it's apparently very popular in Japan so I would like to see what all the fuss about it is too. ^^

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The newer SpongeBob movie gets a "I guess I didn't totally waste ten dollars"/10. I've seen much worse and got a laugh or two. I literally got up and left at the end with that stupid Epic Rap Battle **** though.

There are some pretty good episodes scattered here and there in new SpongeBob as well... but they're scarce. Veeeery scarce.
My reaction exactly. Squidward's rock-hard abs was the first joke in a LONG time that reminded me of the older seasons.

I too also left immediately once that rap battle started...

D

Deleted member

If nobody ends up liking Yokai Watch, I'll be upset as it means if guys don't like what Blue recommends then you certainly wouldn't give what I recommend a shot
I-I totally liked Yokai Watch g-guys
Blue r-really knows what's up
Now you should all go play EO

But seriously, YW just isn't my type of game, but I can see some people would like the styles based Battle System
It feels to gimmicky imo and it looks like it's there just to be there, unless it's expanded later so there is a reason to touch the screen.
Also, I have no idea what is going on in the upper screen when I'm trying to charge the moves and when I look back one of the Yokais is dead

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now that I have 8000 Blocks on my 3DS due to Colors!3D being gone from taking 4,000 blocks
I'm gonna get the Zip Lash Demo and get my Game & Watch Gallery 2 back

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So we're less than 12 hours from the 23rd and still no evidence of any potential big news happening on that day.

Oh well, at least I can pick up The Legend of Zelda XVIII tomorrow! :4tlink:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now that I have 8000 Blocks on my 3DS due to Colors!3D being gone from taking 4,000 blocks
I'm gonna get the Zip Lash Demo and get my Game & Watch Gallery 2 back
...Zip Lash
Zip Lash where you is
Zip Lash I can't find your demo anywhere
Where'd it go
I coulda sworn you had a Demo available
What happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom