• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The last 3 pairing really bother me. They couldn't have just done luma, diddy kong, and either King Boo and Petey Piranha, or just Kboo and boo?
They make enough sense, I think.

Boo and Dry Bowser have the whole undead thing going on.
Rosalina and Sprixie are floating magical females that were big things in a big 3D Mario game.
Yoshi and DK both have the whole wild animal thing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Most of the roster save Sprixie and Dry Bones Bowser are all recurring important faces to Mario in some way.

Far from atrocious indeed.
Wouldn't be the first time.

They've also go-karted together twice now.

This is actually Dry Bowser's second time on the court, actually.
He was a defensive character instead of pure power. :4pacman:

Chrono.

It's amazing how worked up some people are for roster perfection in Mario spin-off games.

Just give me the major Mario characters the rest are just bonuses for me.
No. I want Link, Sonic, Kratos and My Uncle's Dad Who Works At Nintendo and I will get them dammit!

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Rosalina and Sprixie are floating magical females that were big things in a big 3D Mario game.
Yoshi and DK were also depicted as doubles partners in Mario Power Tennis' intro cinematic.

Even though in-game their partners were Koopa and Diddy respectively.

That's why I said "wouldn't be the first time".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Well of course he wouldn't be a power character.

He doesn't have the guts.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty hyped for Mario Tennis Wii U. The graphics are gorgeous, and it'lld be nice to have a casual multiplayer game to play with friends since Mario Party ended up not being good. Plus I really love animated tennis games.

Strofirko

Smash Master
My final quote on all this mario roster thing,is how much white mage from mario sports mix resembles :rosalina: bugs me off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, speaking of Tennis, remember this game

It was decent
Real talk: I bought that game for like 2-3$ and it ended up being my favorite Tennis game of all time. All the fanservice is so great. I mean, all those diverse courts and everything, 4 players, and you can even co-op play online. It also has like little challenge modes too which are cool and shakes up the g

NOT ONLY THAT. You can even play co-op with a friend online against CPUs. I've only seen something like that in Smash Bros, so I was able to play with friends online co-op against CPUs, we didn't just have to PvP.

Great game.

Chrono.

What?

So tryhards can bandwagon him along with Metal Mario and Koopa Troopa.

Also, speaking of Tennis, remember this game

It was decent
Wouldn't know, I've never played MK online.

Also I loved SEGA Tennis, poured hours and hours on that game lol

Shroob

Sup?
Unpopular opinion, but I would have taken ANYONE over Dry Bowser. I know he's popular, but damn, we almost went a full sports game without an alternate version of an existing character.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Real talk: I bought that game for like 2-3$ and it ended up being my favorite Tennis game of all time. All the fanservice is so great. I mean, all those diverse courts and everything, 4 players, and you can even co-op play online. It also has like little challenge modes too which are cool and shakes up the g

NOT ONLY THAT. You can even play co-op with a friend online against CPUs. I've only seen something like that in Smash Bros, so I was able to play with friends online co-op against CPUs, we didn't just have to PvP.

Great game.
The game was really fun and I enjoyed the roster.

I like it better for Sonic spinoffs games to have something similar to Mario's spinoffs but with their own twist and great features.

That's why I considered this game to be a much better game than the last 3 Mario Kart games and why I think a Sega Smash Bros would be a great idea

Soul.

I wish the game had Paratroopa, but eh it's not a huge loss; I don't get overly excited over Mario sports game rosters.

Also Sanctuary Falls is the best song in Transformed.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wish the game had Paratroopa, but eh it's not a huge loss; I don't get overly excited over Mario sports game rosters.

Also Sanctuary Falls is the best song in Transformed.
Nope, that's not Carrier Zone and Adder's Lair.

Also I like the Outrun Bay song despite dubstep.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

True but they all have actual partners who aren't in this...

Chrono.

I like it better for Sonic spinoffs games to have something similar to Mario's spinoffs but with their own twist and great features.

That's why I considered this game to be a much better game than the last 3 Mario Kart games and why I think a Sega Smash Bros would be a great idea
Seriously.

Had Transformed's roster been better it would've been perfect (a couple of other SEGA tracks wouldn't have hurt).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, both Sonic Racings are good, my personal favorite is the first one, though. Since everyone was stuck to vehicles they could add characters like Opa Opa, then the specials were more "special" like Super Sonic, Knuckles using the Master Emerald, Big The Cat summoning a giant FRAWGHEE.

The first Sanic Racer is my fav kart racer of all time fosho. I also liked how the mission mode was in the first game + you could obtain SEGA Miles doing pretty much everything so you could unlock content in a diverse way. It was pretty cool.

Soul.

I'll be honest, I've never seen a tryhard use Koopa in Mario Kart. Only tryhards I've seen on videos and stuff use the fastest characters, Funky in MKWii, Metal Mario in 7, and Bowser/Wario/Morton in 8.

But that's all said and done; competitive Mario Kart is ridiculous imo.
Nope, that's not Carrier Zone and Adder's Lair.

Also I like the Outrun Bay song despite dubstep.
But can you Back in Time?

no its not back to the future dammit its regal ruin from sonic r

Chrono.

Yeah, both Sonic Racings are good, my personal favorite is the first one, though. Since everyone was stuck to vehicles they could add characters like Opa Opa, then the specials were more "special" like Super Sonic, Knuckles using the Master Emerald, Big The Cat summoning a giant FRAWGHEE.

The first Sanic Racer is my fav kart racer of all time fosho. I also liked how the mission mode was in the first game + you could obtain SEGA Miles doing pretty much everything so you could unlock content in a diverse way. It was pretty cool.
I've never played the first one, I kinda wrote it off as a lazy Mario Kart clone.

I'm glad to hear it's good though I might pick it up, probably like $10 now lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

@epicmartin7 I decide to contact YachtClubs, I wanted to phrase your question differently to see if I could get a more solid answer. Here is the replies so far. They will be there at Nintendo's booth, interesting, but as already stated,, there probably won't be any reveals there.

D

Deleted member

I've never played the first one, I kinda wrote it off as a lazy Mario Kart clone.

I'm glad to hear it's good though I might pick it up, probably like $10 now lol
It's terms of racing controls, it's more similar to Pac-Man World Rally. It has some Mario Kart-esque items but I find it to have better item balance than the second game.

It's really fun. It's also more colorful since it's similar to SEGA Tennis in aesthetics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm probably the only person who wants King K. Rool in Mario Kart.
I've seen him on plenty of wishlists.

It's sorta hard to gauge who's wanted for Mario Kart, though. There's not really any character support the way there is for Smash.

Chrono.

Not surprising at all. but GH Live is apparently rubbish.

Semi-unrelated but y'all heard about the Harmonix employees going on Amazon giving RB4 good reviews, right?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Semi-unrelated but y'all heard about the Harmonix employees going on Amazon giving RB4 good reviews, right?
Those are completely unbiased reviews, and it's just a coincidence that they happen to work for the company producing the game. :glare:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Seriously.

Had Transformed's roster been better it would've been perfect (a couple of other SEGA tracks wouldn't have hurt).
The roster was already perfect aside from no Ristar and maybe Welkin/Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles, Opa Opa and Akira from Virtua Fighter but it was already perfect.

Joe Musashi, Vyse, Metal Sonic (albeit DLC), Beat AND Gum, Guildus and Ulala.

Let me guess, Danica Patrick and Wreck-it Ralph and the Yogscast guy (who was PC only) ruined it for you

Zynux

Smash Lord
>People still put faith in mario spin off rosters.
Back in the gamecube days there was a time when I thought Petey Pirahna playable in Mario Kart was bottom of the barrel crap.

If only I could see into the future of what true Despair would lie ahead.

As for Ultra Smash, despite loving Camelot sports games to death (though I prefer Golf to Tennis) so far it still looks really barebones and bland compared to previous entries. Nintendo has done a really poor job showcasing this game because so far everyone just has the impression that it's lacking in content, but I'm glad at least some info is finally being released for it. As for the roster, Power Tennis still seems to have a far better line-up then what is presented here at the moment.

I really hope there is far more to showcase that they are just holding off for whatever reason.

Chrono.

The roster was already perfect aside from no Ristar and maybe Welkin/Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles, Opa Opa and Akira from Virtua Fighter but it was already perfect.

Let me guess, Danica Patrick and Wreck-it Ralph and the Yogscast guy (who was PC only) ruined it for you
The roster wasn't ruined for me at all, I didn't mind the third parties (silly as they were).

But I did feel Billy Hatcher and Ryo were missing and, like you pointed out, Opa Opa, Akira and Ristar (hell I would've taken just courses for Ristar and Fantasy Zone).

Just some minor fixes to an overall solid roster.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

My only flaw with the roster ws they CUT BILLY HATCHER!!!! I loved the game but was really disappointed that they cut him. Wreck it ralph was my main, he was a cool edition. Danica patrick was funny, so I didn't mind. I loved the course designs, they ere really good with great music. The biggest problem I see from people, is they didn't want anyone out of the roster, but they wanted a few additions, who were in the first game and other classic sega reps. Which reminds me, AGES was a really awesome additon. I hope they do a sequel in future.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Needs more Phantasy Star reps. Also, Toe Jam and Earl, even though I know they aren't technically owned by SEGA.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Needs more Phantasy Star rep. Also, Toe Jam and Earl, even though I know they aren't technically owned by SEGA.
I didn't think I know anyone that remembers Toe Jam and Earl.

If that's the case, bring back Dynamite Headdy, a character from Gunstar Heroes and and an Actual Burning Rangers rep

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly forgot about All-Stars Racing and Transformed, they are fantastic racing games. I would really love a new one, or just a new Sega crossover game in general.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I heard the 3DS version of Transformed was ****, but how **** was it?
Let's put it like this, the iOS version is better than the 3DS version

The best versions of the game are the Vita, Wii U (which run at a better framerate than the 360/PS3 versions) and the PC version which has extra characters.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

Billy Hatcher cut because they couldn't come up with car designs like really?
Ryo cut, then ends up being the only character from a DLC poll and re-sold.
Opa-Opa cut
That dumb "one-person in a car only" restriction that Sumo Digital had, which resulted in Jacky and Akira, The Bonaza Bros., The Chuchus, and Zobio and Zobiko getting cut, which also holds back Toejam & Earl.

Vectorman, a robot who has been shown to be able to transform into vehicles (turns into a fish thing in the first game, and tank in the second), is still not playable in a SEGA racing game, which is absolutely ridiculous.

"HEY GUYS LOOK AT ALL THESE EXTRA CHARACTERS BUT IT'S PC EXCLUSIVE THOUGH BUT WE HAVE ALL YOUR FAVOURITES SUCH AS general winter, some Total War: Rome guy whose name I can't remember I think it starts with a W or something, simon from the Yogscast just listen to his fabulous voice doesn't it not make you want to shut off the game?

I'm sorry, but a lot about this game just bothers me. I was so hyped for this game. I was always browsing the Sonic Stadium Message Board thread and SEGA Forums thread. It was so cool when Steve Lycett from Sumo Digital came by and posted stuff. But...ugh...

I need to nit-pick:

1. All the cheesy charm of the first one was thrown away. The menus are boring, the items and boring, and the announcer is just so bland that I end up turning him off because he adds nothing exciting to the race. The first game's announcer was the best. Yeah, we was cheesy as all hell, but I feel like it gave the game its own personality.

2. Why do 90% of the songs have practically the same drum beat? I know Richard Jacques is just one guy, but come on now. (though I will say that the song selection was fantastic).

3. Beat's vehicle looks awful. That radical low-rider from the first game was super cool and stylish. Bring that back.

4. I understand why Danica Patrick is there. Something to do with getting funding, but reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllly?

5. I remember people getting excited when Steve Lycett said that there would be 29 characters in the base roster. What he didn't say was that 5 of them were PC exclusive...and Team Fortress counts as 3.

The game does have some awesome things though. NiGHTS, Reala, Joe Musashi, Vyse, Gillius, and AGES are all really cool. Gum, MeeMee, and Pudding are alright, as I believe Steve saying that it was either they were in the game or they weren't (similar to Smash 4 clones). The tracks are all cool. Burning Rangers was a really nice surprise. And, despite my complaint about most of the songs sharing the same drum beat, a lot of the arrangements are actually really cool. And of course, the gameplay was fast and exciting.

As a whole package, Transformed is definitely the better game, but there is something about that I just don't like...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom