• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay so i was reading around and someone brought up a good point
mario tennis games always have 3-5 versions of the basic course and well look at what we've seen
i never played tennis 64 but apparently you had to unlock all of the mario themed courses

im just saying this makes sense

also my own personal theory is the mii will be in but they wont appear untill you make one ala Smash 4

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
okay so i was reading around and someone brought up a good point
mario tennis games always have 3-5 versions of the basic course and well look at what we've seen
i never played tennis 64 but apparently you had to unlock all of the mario themed courses

im just saying this makes sense

also my own personal theory is the mii will be in but they wont appear untill you make one ala Smash 4
Well in Mario Tennis 64 there were no gimmick courses.

Only Power Tennis had them.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

He said "Mario themed", not gimmick.

There was actually Mario themed courts in Mario Tennis 64; they didn't have the special features/gimmicks like Power Tennis', but they were set in Mario locales rather than the generic arena.

It was more along the lines of the ones in Mario Tennis Open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00TTDKij2rU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZ5cIJTgfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSkrLON-ys

This is pretty bizarre (not unlike the rest of the game but still).
It's not Ganon, a Ganon lookalike, or an eyeball demon.

I say it's a success on those grounds alone.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well in Mario Tennis 64 there were no gimmick course.

while true hear me out on this

Tennis 64 had 5 standard courses and 7 (13 if you count transfer stages) unlockable mario themed courses
as you say they had no gimmicks but the point remains
(also side note mario 64 had only 16 characters...20 if you count the transfer characters)

Tennis GBC had 4 standard courses with 4 (5 with transfer) unlockable mario courses

Power Tennis is intresting as of its 10 courses 3 are standard courses the rest are gimmicks with 2 unlockables

Power tour is again intresting because despite the roster bloat it has the absolute lowest stage count in the series
thus far baring the virtual boy game(which had 1) with 4 standard courses and 1 unlockable mario course

mario tennis open has 3 standard courses with 8 mario courses 2 of which are unlockable

so heres where we stand in the grand scheme of mario tennis stage lore

VB:1
64: 18
GBC: 9
GCB: 10
GBA: 5
3DS: 11

now we currently have 5 standard course on wiiu now if this dosent say that we should not be worried about mario tennis nothing will

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh...

I never realized how much Mario Tennis 64 sounds like Golden Sun music.

I mean... It's still Camelot so similarities should be expected but THIS similar?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Heres a look at the roster.

Peach is Technical, which counters my thought of the class going away. Also, Rosalina is Power?! What gives? Were probably going to get some more characters and some actual portraits and not rehashes. I doubt that the css will look this ugly.
The weird thing is that they included the 4 unlockable characters in the CSS.

If it were a placeholder, why would they do that?

I'm pretty certain that the CSS is final, including the crappy, super old icons.

I think this is all we're getting until DLC.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yoshi's racket assimilates with his nose in the trailer

What power does Yoshi's nose hide?
Lol, we SF5 clipping syndrome now :troll:

Heres a look at the roster.

Also, Rosalina is Power?! What gives? Were probably going to get some more characters and some actual portraits and not rehashes..
I find it funny that I had the same reaction to both Rosalina being power and her being a heavy weight in MK8 XD :p

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now going on the dlc tangent they can probobly add 6 more characters as dlc
now people are obviously going to say
Diddy and birdo are "shoo-ins"
and well i have no idea who they would add other wise unless dlc wont have doubles partners in mind

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The reused renders means Sprixie is going to look extremely out of place, since the only existing Sprixie renders have the extreme rim lighting effect the series has adopted post-Galaxy, which these other renders do not.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
now going on the dlc tangent they can probobly add 6 more characters as dlc
now people are obviously going to say
Diddy and birdo are "shoo-ins"
and well i have no idea who they would add other wise unless dlc wont have doubles partners in mind
In theory, Dixie and Shy Guy could work as their partners.

Shroob

Sup?
If there's DLC for Mario Tennis.

Please.....please.

No Babies, no Koopalings... and no metal versions(Unless it's Metal Mario).

I'm pretty tired of all the rehash characters in the spin-off games(And I'll never forgive Nintendo for cutting WALUIGI of all characters for MK7).

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Zel;da Triforce Heroes Spoilers.

So I was right on Sister Lady being the final boss. It shouldn't be surprising as the game was very light on plot. Ironically she's the first female Zelda villain not upstaged or hijacked by ganon.

Veran was a pawn of Twinrova who's trying to revive Ganon.
Twinrova were the main antagonists of the Oracle games but they were reviving Ganon who ends up the final boss.
And Cia just got plain old hijacked when she was defeated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I were to guess why she's heavy, I'd assume it's due to her height. I mean, she's even taller than Samus.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

He said "Mario themed", not gimmick.

There was actually Mario themed courts in Mario Tennis 64; they didn't have the special features/gimmicks like Power Tennis', but they were set in Mario locales rather than the generic arena.

It was more along the lines of the ones in Mario Tennis Open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00TTDKij2rU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZ5cIJTgfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSkrLON-ys

It's not Ganon, a Ganon lookalike, or an eyeball demon.

I say it's a success on those grounds alone.
There was also Bowser's Castle, Which while the only one of its kind in 64 is still a gimmick course.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh gosh...

I never realized how much Mario Tennis 64 sounds like Golden Sun music.

I mean... It's still Camelot so similarities should be expected but THIS similar?
That's to be expected. Both games have the same music composer: Motoi Sakuraba.

I even made a post about him yesterday on this thread. He's a prominent and well-known musician when it comes to video games.

I should note that he doesn't only work for Camelot (he's an independent composer), but he has done music for all Camelot's games for Nintendo (i.e. all music in the Golden Sun, Mario Tennis and Mario Golf series).

Sakuraba is one of the best VGM composers out there. Definitely one of my favorite VGM artists.

He has quite the resume, too. He's worked on several JRPG series such as Star Ocean, Baten Kaitos, Golden Sun, Tales and Dark Souls. All Mario Tennis and Golf games had the soundtracks done by him as well. Now that I think about it, all of Camelot's games done for Nintendo have had Sakuraba as the composer.

He also composed this guy's theme song: :4darkpit:, as well as many other songs in Kid Icarus: Uprising (along with other composers). He's also involved in the Smash Bros. series since Brawl.

... And that's it for a bit of trivia about video game music.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Did they seriously partner DK with Boo? That's... Awful.

The lack of so many staple characters has made me lose a ton of hype for this now.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Did they seriously partner DK with Boo? That's... Awful.

The lack of so many staple characters has made me lose a ton of hype for this now.
uhhh no they partnered him with yoshi boos teamed up with dry bowser

D

Deleted member

Golf is so inherently boring that not even Mario can make it look interesting IMO.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
http://strawpoll.me/5807942

The game looks good in my opinion.
Eh, my response of mediocre isn't there. The game could be way better. It's quite short and doesn't offer much.

The Mii gameplay is actually decent but it's far too easy.

I hate sounding like a broken record but Gamecube were the Mario Sport series glory days.

I'd buy it on special but wouldn't pay full price.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Is there anything new in regards to the Shovel Knight rumour as well as that other rumour?
Apparently, the second character Stealth claims is in is Shovel Knight. Publicly, he hasn't said it directly though (he did mention that people who do know who it is have said it already so it wouldn't be a big surprise). At least, that's my understanding of it. But I wouldn't put much stock into what he says.

As for the other rumor- it's bunk, or at least the date is.

Nothing really new or interesting on the rumor front.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well, by next Monday, it will have been two months since the SK rumour came to surface and no sign of him at all. So yeah, I would also disregard Stealth as there is nothing supporting that claim.

D

Deleted member

I had a nightmare last night, in which Nintendo, under the influence of the huge and most-partly credulous and never-shutting-up Zelda fanbase, still overstuffs them again and again with promotional stuff like concert, TV series, movies and such every 5 years following the anniversary of the original game on the NES.

And as a result, due to this alienation, Nintendo then focused only on Zelda, and definitely didn't care anymore to all of its other franchises, like Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and even Mario, Pokémon and Smash !

*Sigh* I regret the time when the word 'Legend' in this franchise's title meant something...

Strofirko

Smash Master
I had a nightmare last night, in which Nintendo, under the influence of the huge and most-partly credulous and never-shutting-up Zelda fanbase, still overstuffs them again and again with promotional stuff like concert, TV series, movies and such every 5 years following the anniversary of the original game on the NES.

And as a result, due to this alienation, Nintendo then focused only on Zelda, and definitely didn't care anymore to all of its other franchises, like Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and even Mario, Pokémon and Smash !

*Sigh* I regret the time when the word 'Legend' in this franchise's title meant something...
Basically what elder scrolls is now,a poor attempt to be warcraft.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still think shovel knight is possible like I always have but yeah the rumor has always been a bust. November seems like the best time to have some smash news

Inb4 Nintendo posts newcomer trailer when I'm at school

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I have now unboxed the Tanooki Mario Statue, and it is huge, and heavy, and will NOT fit on any of my two Mario Shelves.

:c

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone tried to do something to stop CISA from passing? Have they called their Senators to stop it from being passed? I have, and I'm hoping that it doesn't come into law.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, of nothing comes up today then gamefaqs will read stealth apart(even though they have done so already, so the shreads will be even smaller.)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Welp
Today's the day
Pray for no news
And then Speculah can begin again.

D

Deleted member

Is Fire Emblem Fates any good from a gameplay-perspective?
It's kinda hard to say before the release of the game but I have seen some videos and it improved a lot from Awakening
New support system is balanced, maps are more diverse and the game is harder overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom