• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jar Jar does have importance in some parts of the plot.

It's just... he's dead weight everywhere else.

Willie and Shortround were almost undeniably useful.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The prequels are alright. Definitely more hated than they need to be.

They're just so utterly flawed in so many ways as a story though that I don't seek out watching them as much as I do the original trilogy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Technically, those would be Gharials.

A rare species of crocodilian that only lives in the area. They are characterized by their bulbous snout.

Not trying to correct you or anything but my zoology nerd does not like the people calling them alligators when they don't live there.
Gharials are awesome. It's not often they get brought up, but when they do, it's great. There are more to crocodilians than just alligators and crocodiles. :p And then there's the caiman.

But you know what animal you never hear about anywhere? Binturongs. I only learned about them in sixth grade because a local small zoo has one, which is...kind of amazing in and of itself since it's basically the middle of nowhere.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing I don't get most about Jar Jar really is how he managed to become a senator.

That could've been something of a story to really redeem him in the fanbase's eyes and make him an interesting character to focus on with that development, but by the time it had happened the damage was done and it was all in the background.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The thing I don't get most about Jar Jar really is how he managed to become a senator.

That could've been something of a story to really redeem him in the fanbase's eyes and make him an interesting character to focus on that development, but by the time it had happened the damage was done and it was all in the background.
Jar Jar got Palpatine elected Emperor, lol.

Lucas was like 'you don't like Jar Jar? Fine. I'll stick him in the background and only give him three lines. But I'm still gonna make him one of the most integral characters in the entire saga.'

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jar Jar got Palpatine elected Emperor, lol.

Lucas was like 'you don't like Jar Jar? Fine. I'll stick him in the background and only give him three lines. But I'm still gonna make him one of the most integral characters in the entire saga.'
I mean, yeah, I suppose, he played a hand in that, but at the same time, seeing that rise to the senate, and even maybe some of him trying to later correct his mistake would have made him a far more interesting character than just a clumsy oafish goofball.

Hell it would've been character development to take him from that oaf to someone who realized he'd made mistakes and along with the rest of the senate had stupidly given the wrong person all the power.

That's the thing that annoys me most about the prequels problems and issues really. They're all such easy fixes, but instead Lucas preferred to focus on flash and not really any sort of substance or even hidden substance.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Go do stuff for a few hours, come back to a movie discussion. I'm down for this.
By the way, who is going to watch the Back to the Future Trilogy on Wednesday? Still can't believe the day from BttF2 is finally upon us.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, today is the day of reckoning for RogersBase?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Fossa is the best animal that NO ONE ever seems to know of. :p It's a large, very cat-like animal that lives in Madagaskar.
It's largest predator, even.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
But you know what animal you never hear about anywhere? Binturongs. I only learned about them in sixth grade because a local small zoo has one, which is...kind of amazing in and of itself since it's basically the middle of nowhere.
I've seen one in the wild before. It's looks kinda like a cross between a cat and a bear but it climbs trees.

Sorta like the Red Panda.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Fossa is the best animal that NO ONE ever seems to know of. :p It's a large, very cat-like animal that lives in Madagaskar.
It's largest predator, even.

The only way I know about them is from the Madagascar film where most of them got rekt by the Penguins.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
You heartless monster. Then again my mother only first saw Lion King a month or two ago and didn't like it

Also, ZeRo's taking the loss well by making a video whether or not ZSS should get banned? What?
INB4 people start photoshopping ZeRo and Nairo into The Lion King.
Nairo: Long live the king
So Nikki changed her personal twitter name to "GOODBYE".

Welp, I think that's it for her lol :p
This is what happens when you claim to have inside info and you can't handle all the news hungry fans that ask you to tell them more.
From what I see, that argument only works for PM, where the PM developers could really only handle cloning existing characters when adding new ones and thus cloning Sami off of the already existing Snake is sensible.

As I covered in the post you quoted, that argument is complete bull****. You're such a big Wolf fan demanding so hard for his return despite the existence of Fox, you know very well having a tangentially similar character doesn't satisfy having the actual thing. Just like how Wolf fans like you and me want the actual Wolf back rather than settle for Fox, Snake fans want the actual Snake and not a shoehorned derivative of him.

Not really relevant to the argument, but as we see with Ganon/Falcon, it doesn't work that way.
To be fair I wasn't really thinking too much when I wrote that post. :p

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
I just can't understand how people can harass somebody so hard over a game. Over a rumor.
Yeah, it kinda was her fault, but that doesn't change the fact that some people were so hungry for news, that they got her to close her real Twitter. Yes, NWPlayer1234 is her PRIVATE account. Her open account (NWPlayer123) doesn't even exist anymore.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyone want to get me caught up on what happened in the last 10 or so pages?
Nikki said Sean told her about the character, Sean denied ever talking to Nikki. Nikki deleted her NWPlayer account and her main account is now private and named "GOODBYE".

Also, Stealth_ was a bit of an asshole to some people on Gamefaqs.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I will now make a prediction:

Zelda Wii U will stay a Wii U exclusive

The reason why I say Zelda Wii U will stay exclusive, is cause its going to launch next year, and it would make no sense to hold back a game to port it when the NX is most likely going to launch late 2017, escpecially since it would be seen as a waste of money to port a game over to system that won't be launching for a while so its pointless to hold back a game when its finished

And sorry but just cause NX dev kits have been released doesn't mean the NX is launching next year, cause 3rd parties need to get familiar with the equipment and all before their ready to have games released on it, also not to mention that Nintendo 1st parties devs also need to get familiar with the tech, since they are not part of the R&D team for consoles, they're the game makers.

So launching the NX in late 2017 really makes sense, cause it would mean devs will have actually had a time to experiment with the system and most likely have games ready to launch with it.

On a different subject, I really hope we get a 3rd DKCR game, with the full DK crew, meaning we have DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Kiddy, Lanky, Chucky and Tiny, that's right I want all playable Kongs to be present and playable. Also Tiny would need to be redesigned again. And I hope they bring back all the NPC Kongs, not just Funky to run the shop

Although if we don't get the full DK crew in a 3rd DKCR, they should make a sequel to DK64, so they can have all the playable Kongs playable. Plus it would be cool to see how they can further build on al the Kongs abilities to further differentiate them all.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of the Star Wars prequels, looking at all the behind the scenes stuff I think I know exactly what went wrong. George Lucas had too much power. There was no-one to provide feedback or veto bad writing.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I will now make a prediction:
Zelda Wii U will stay a Wii U exclusive
The reason why I think Zelda Wii U will stay exclusive, is cause its going to launch next year, and it would make no sense to hold back a game to port it when the NX is most likely going to launch late 2017.

And sorry but just cause NX dev kits have been released doesn't mean the NX is launching next year, cause 3rd parties need to get familiar with the equipment and all before their ready to have games released on it, also not to mention that Nintendo 1st parties devs also need to get familiar with the tech, since they are not part of the R&D team for consoles, they're the game makers.

So launching the NX in late 2017 really makes sense, cause it would mean devs will have actually had a time to experiment with the system and most likely have games ready to launch with it.

On a different subject, I really hope we get a 3rd DKCR game, with the full DK crew, meaning we have DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Kiddy, Lanky, Chucky and Tiny, that's right I want all playable Kongs to be present and playable. Also Tiny would need to be redesigned again. And I hope they bring back all the NPC Kongs, not just Funky to run the shop

Although if we don't get the full DK in a 3rd DKCR, they should make a sequel to DK64, so they can have all the playable Kongs playable. Pls it would be cool to see how they can further build on al the Kongs abilities to further differentiate them all.
I'd love them to return, but not all playable.

DK, a buffed Diddy, a nerfed Dixie, Cranky, Lanky with normal jumping but faster running on handstands and Chunky with slower running but ground pounds and fist charges.

Tiny seems unnecessary though.

Oh, and Wrinkly with a 'Phase' ability.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'd love them to return, but not all playable.

DK, a buffed Diddy, a nerfed Dixie, Cranky, Lanky with normal jumping but faster running on handstands and Chunky with slower running but ground pounds and fist charges.

Tiny seems unnecessary though.

Oh, and Wrinkly with a 'Phase' ability.
Tiny isn't unnecessary, did you completely forget about her ability that she doesn't share with Dixie? You know the whole shrinking power. That could easily make her different from Dixie. Now how would you make Kiddy unique?

D

Deleted member

I still think Episode III's order of events got mixed up during recording
Padme should die BEFORE Anakin goes all emo and suddenly decides to kill little children
But besides that, I really enjoyed the prequels
Grievous needed more screen time

Tama

Smash Apprentice
This is what happens when you claim to have inside info and you can't handle all the news hungry fans that ask you to tell them more.
To be fair, you guys can be incredibly overzealous to the point of harassment sometimes. What did this person actually say?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tiny can shrink through the use of Crystal Coconuts. I'd find it difficult to balance and rationally explain, especially with Diddy not getting unlimited flight with his rocket barrels.

imo, they should bring back either Candy or Swanky to run the shop, then add in an option to swap out/have DK himself be interchangeable with other similarly burly Kongs (namely Funky, Kiddy/Chunky, and as a "joke" character, DK Jr.)

Chrono.

To be fair, you guys can be incredibly overzealous to the point of harassment sometimes. What did this person actually say?
She was claiming Sean Hicks from Smashified told her who the character was on Twitter (and making various posts about it), @epicmartin7 asked her on GBAtemp and she flat out said it was the Inklings.

After that people started asking Sean about it and he said he's never said anything Smash related to Nikki/NWPlayer.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
She was claiming Sean Hicks from Smashified told her who the character was on Twitter (and making various posts about it), @epicmartin7 asked her on GBAtemp and she flat out said it was the Inklings.

After that people started asking Sean about it and he said he's never said anything Smash related to Nikki/NWPlayer.
...And then we can assume a ton of people got on her case on her main twitter and then she closed her account and then set her tweets to protected on her personal account.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Essentially she lied and people didn't like that at all.

Chrono.

Hmm

I just did a quick search over at Twitter, from what I see, no one's really on her case about lying (unless she got DM'd up the ass about it).

So she probably deleted now to avoid such a situation.

...That's what I'm assuming at least.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm

I just did a quick search over at Twitter, from what I see, no one's really on her case about lying (unless she got DM'd up the *** about it).

So she probably deleted now to avoid such a situation.

...That's what I'm assuming at least.
Perhaps she jumped the gun?

I mean the Smash fanbase is famous for its..."passion."

If it goes back up, she should be fine.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Tiny can shrink through the use of Crystal Coconuts. I'd find it difficult to balance and rationally explain, especially with Diddy not getting unlimited flight with his rocket barrels.

imo, they should bring back either Candy or Swanky to run the shop, then add in an option to swap out/have DK himself be interchangeable with other similarly burly Kongs (namely Funky, Kiddy/Chunky, and as a "joke" character, DK Jr.)
Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily I like this. DK, Funky, Kiddy and Chunky as the 'body', with unique stats and charge moves, and Diddy, Dixie, Cranky and Lanky as the 'backpack'. 12 different playable options.

I guess you can have Tiny too but I can't see how shrinking is advantageous. IsnaR raises a good point with the Crystal Coconuts too.

Seriously though, bring back Swanky's quizzes, Candy's shop and Wrinkley's tips (ramblings).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, NWPlayer deleted her Twitter account. Huh, can't say I'm too surprised, but honestly, she kind of brought it upon herself.

Of course, the fact the Smash fanbase has gathered a bunch of crazy fanboys doesn't help.

On one hand, NWPlayer shouldn't have damaged her reputation like that by spreading misinformation as she did. On the other hand, the Smash fans should really calm the **** down.

I also would like news, but I'm not pestering anyone about it. I'll just wait patiently until the time comes. At worst, we only get news on December during the holiday season, but even so, it's just less than 2 months from now. What is that compared to over two years of waiting for Brawl?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
So, NWPlayer deleted her Twitter account. Huh, can't say I'm too surprised, but honestly, she kind of brought it upon herself.

Of course, the fact the Smash fanbase has gathered a bunch of crazy fanboys doesn't help.

On one hand, NWPlayer shouldn't have damaged her reputation like that by spreading misinformation as she did. On the other hand, the Smash fans should really calm the **** down.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was telling the truth and they're bluffing to save their own skin. In fact, I choose to believe her. Inklings is (are?) the character that all of these people are talking about privately. This isn't just a fan assumption. All of these people, including, I believe, Stealth, are saying Inklings is the next character.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Question.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival. I need to know. Will there, in Europe, be a version of the game without the two Amiibo (Isabelle and Digby)? The place I buy from hasn't updated the Amiibo Festival page yet, it only shows the game's boxart and mentions nothing of any Amiibo being included. If there is no version without the Amiibo, then I can safely preorder without getting the wrong version.

But if there is a version without them, I would preferably know so I order the one with the Amiibo. :s And I can't find info. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom