• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I'm glad I was able to tune in on that stream. I was able to see some amazing matches and also see Nairo come out on top.

I expect ZeRo to be respectful about it though (Yes, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt). Tbh though, how many of you are expecting people to look towards Nairo now on who is "good" now. Or the champ to put into better words.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The streak began with Zero Suit Samus.

And it ended with Zero Suit Samus.

I... don't understand?

If you mean make posts that ask why people bring him up if people don't like him, then yeah I guess I do.
You defend him pretty much anytime people bash him.

I don't get why you're acting like it's this one time thing and you've NEVER gone after people for bashing him in the past.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The streak began with Zero Suit Samus.

And it ended with Zero Suit Samus.
image.jpg

She's the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Sunrise and the Sunset
The Life and The Death of ZeRo

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Ocarina of Time is great, despite what Sequelitis would have you believe.
The story is simple, it sets the groundwork for every game after, etc. Finish it or ALTTP first.

Skyward Sword is good too, but is gets worse and worse as time goes on (****ing Tadtones!!!)

Majora's Mask is weird, but it's just as good as Ocarina of Time once you get used to OH MY GOD THE MOON

A Link to the Past is probably the best game overall, but far from my favorite (haven't beat it either, honestly)
Ditto with Zelda 2, although I'd say it's on the lower of the good Zelda games (which is almost all of them, mind you).

Finish these games. Then get The Wind Waker HD and possibly TP HD.
ALTTP a better game than OoT and MM? Hell no. Play OoT, then MM, then ALTTP. then Skyward Sword cause it's the worst 3D Zelda and it will bore you to death.

And don't play Zelda II, you should call Nintendo for a refund.

After you play these, get Wind Waker HD and Minish Cap, then Twilight Princess HD.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well that just happened.

Everyone got the hype out of their systems then? We ready to resume a decent post quality? :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
OMIGOSH!!! Congrats Nairo. He was killing it especially that third game. I am still in awe right now. Props to ZeRo too

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
After failing over a thousand times.Nairo finally beats Zero.Truely a moment that will go down in smash history

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people are saying "save Inklings for Smash 5/6"

Strike while the iron is hot. We're not getting a new Smash game anytime soon and if we are, it will most likely be an all-star version to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2019 that probably won't even be directed by Sakurai.

And there are chances that Splatoon won't even be a thing anymore by the time the next Smash drops. Bring them already.
Pikmin wasnt really big by the time Brawl came around. It had its huge moment after around the time Melee came out, but the sequel didn't do as well.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I can already hear the strife between you and your friend when Cloud isn't DLC. :troll:
It's ok, i'll tell him it was a fake leak. :troll:

And he deserves it though, he hates Zelda and thinks the last FF games are the best, he also says the older FF games are ****.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ocarina of Time is great, despite what Sequelitis would have you believe.
The story is simple, it sets the groundwork for every game after, etc. Finish it or ALTTP first.

Skyward Sword is good too, but is gets worse and worse as time goes on (****ing Tadtones!!!)

Majora's Mask is weird, but it's just as good as Ocarina of Time once you get used to OH MY GOD THE MOON

A Link to the Past is probably the best game overall, but far from my favorite (haven't beat it either, honestly)
Ditto with Zelda 2, although I'd say it's on the lower of the good Zelda games (which is almost all of them, mind you).

Finish these games. Then get The Wind Waker HD and possibly TP HD.
I played a good bit of both of them. In th epast I had a really bad habit of starting games and not finishing them....aside from a few of my favorite games. Heck even a few of my favorite games I just stopped playing either because I had life to deal with and/or because I started a new game. I mean I was pretty close to the end of chrono trigger when I stopped playing it.

Fortunately I started abiding by my "two games per console rule" so I'm beating games every month. I'm definitely going to finish all of those game....perhaps except for Zelda 2. I may just rebuy it on VC later.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well that just happened.

Everyone got the hype out of their systems then? We ready to resume a decent post quality? :p
Considering that the other things to talk about are tweets from a Splatoon data-miner who's desperate for attention and is inexplicably being taken seriously, a leak that basically says nothing except "Stuff's gonna happen", and the Shovel Knight rumor that's pretty much dead in the water.....I don't see how the alternatives are "quality posts".

I don't even like competitive Smash, and I think ZeRo finally losing is more interesting than any of that garbage.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'll say this though.

Our savior's Doc had quite the showing at MLG. He even said he trained with him on FG.

For Glory best training method confirmed.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Now he goes on 4chan saying Cloud is the next DLC character and will be announced in 3 weeks and we all believe it.

#smashboardsstyle
help me to fake a leak so we can crash the internet, I'm about that life

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'll say this though.

Our savior's Doc had quite the showing at MLG. He even said he trained with him on FG.

For Glory best training method confirmed.
Hold the phone
WAS THE WINNER OF MLG A DOC MAIN
I TOLD YOU ALL HE WAS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN
:4pacman:I:4pacman:FORESAW:4pacman:THIS:4pacman:

:4drmario:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I played a good bit of both of them. In th epast I had a really bad habit of starting games and not finishing them....aside from a few of my favorite games. Heck even a few of my favorite games I just stopped playing either because I had life to deal with and/or because I started a new game. I mean I was pretty close to the end of chrono trigger when I stopped playing it.

Fortunately I started abiding by my "two games per console rule" so I'm beating games every month. I'm definitely going to finish all of those game....perhaps except for Zelda 2. I may just rebuy it on VC later.
I'm not sure what the best way to play Zelda 2 is. Probably Wii U because you can use save states to bypass really annoying parts in the beginning.
That game needs a remake the most, honestly.
ALTTP a better game than OoT and MM? Hell no. Play OoT, then MM, then ALTTP then Skyward Sword cause it's the worst 3D Zelda and it will bore you to death.
PKFreeze
And don't play Zelda II, you should call Nintendo for a refund.
PKFreeze no
After you play these, get Wind Waker HD and Minish Cap, then Twilight Princess HD.
PKFreeze I'm seriously

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Considering that the other things to talk about are tweets from a Splatoon data-miner who's desperate for attention and is inexplicably being taken seriously, a leak that basically says nothing except "Stuff's gonna happen", and the Shovel Knight rumor that's pretty much dead in the water.....I don't see how the alternatives are "quality posts".

I don't even like competitive Smash, and I think ZeRo finally losing is more interesting than any of that garbage.
Just curious, why do you think the Shovel Knight rumor is dead in your opinion?

Chrono.

I don't even care what happens this week anymore.

MLG was hype enough especially with Smash 4 (Nairo winning, an Ike and Megaman in top 8, feels good man) and the 2nd SFV beta phase is this week so I'm all set.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So happy Nairo finally beat ZeRo. Nairo deserves the win and he played extremely well.

The MC's words was too great that I added to that image
Well if that's the case, expect me to become the next Smash 4 champ next year guys!

I wish. But it would be so glorious to show Doc more as well.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I think his point was probably more the contrast between discussion vs. the excited all caps reaction posts, not the topic itself.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I'm not sure what the best way to play Zelda 2 is. Probably Wii U because you can use save states to bypass really annoying parts in the beginning.
That game needs a remake the most, honestly.

PKFreeze

PKFreeze no

PKFreeze I'm seriously
stahp me

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think his point was probably more the contrast between discussion vs. the excited all caps reaction posts, not the topic itself.
Personally I'd take the reaction posts over Nikki bickering again.

I mean, yeah, that's against the rules but said bickering is quite tiresome already and anything is better than it at this point.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
aldelaro5 aldelaro5
I just had the greatest idea ever
You know how the M&L Games have a usual Super Boss
Shroobs - BiS / Bowser Jr. - Dream Team
I just thought of the absolute perfect Super Boss for Paper Jam
IT'S GENIUS, I TELL YOU
I have a bit of dioubts now that stuff like this would happen, but of course I will love that....it's just that the same can be said for ANY bosses except SS becasue you-know-what (see what I did there @Red Hunter X ?)

actually, I had a big reason to tag you, I tested the last 2 days including this one maps in spm.......and.....

SOME ARE UNUSED!

The full document is available here and yes, I did it, not no one helped me and yes I was crazy to test, yes it was freaking long tedious and yes I had to take a break after I done it, but here it is:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10w4CS5oNBOHHYtM9OrNUYM7GIqNxIaR-b_Sr8FSG7Pk/edit?usp=sharing

no seriously, to do this, i had to figure out a linux command to tell me every filename in a directory which I then sort and add a colon followed by a newline, then I search and replace the .bin with nothing and then I write the zones at the top of the groups. The hard part is me going through a loading zone all the time to access these maps, I take their ID and TRY with the best I can describe the map so we can identify it. This took hours, it;s freaking long, tedious and just very annoying to do, but apparently, no one tested these because I found stuff that not even tcrf knows (they will soon though, more on that later).

So, everything that has the word UNUSED......is unused. Some maps seems weird like the pit maps and some are just.....bland. Like dos_01, it;s really all the description says. One interesting one is one in the Whoa zone where you had a chest and in that chest, you have piccolo's card. Going inside the door in that map wearps me to another who zone map, but withotu a door telling me the map has no access in, only an access out. Also, the map unused in floro caverns feels like a test room or so, it's a bit weird.

And the description at the top doesn't lie, I can load any maps from anywhere the game loads a map.

As for tcrf? I talked abotu my finding to the French taser and he wanted to do a video with credits of the unused maps and send it to tcrf.

Now, I need to talk about why I find this more than 8 years after the game was released because TTYD had that done a long time ago.

It really feels the underating of this game. Seriously, there wasn;t test done on it simply because not enough cared. In fact, I literally asked in the glitch hunter group, I am the only one active with CE now, I might be the only one active at all. This isn't normal that I had to do all of this to find unused stuff I mean why no one tried is beyond me. This is such a basic data that you could've have done by usign the TTYD way as this game has a lot from TTYD.

Oh and for you stats nerds, 473 maps, around 100 of them are JUST ch6, lol. The chest rooms of the pit made my game crash if I tried to load it from a pipe in flopside, but by doing the pit, they load normally so idk.

And if you are curious how I did both pit this quick, I simply got the key once and froze its address so the game can't remove my key so i have one everytime lol :)

Next tests? RAM SEARCH YAY!!!!

It;s basically me finding some addresses and figuring them out to have better testing environemnt. Stuff like having a 3d that never decreases (which you gain after opening every chests in the Room 100 of the flopside pit) or (and I really want this one), a 3d lock. i really want to prevent the game from going to 2d because tbh, I NEED to figure out the flipping system.

anyway, hope you liked that update :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hard to believe that this Wednesday will be the 11th anniversary of F-Zero Climax (the last game before the series went on hiatus).

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Just curious, why do you think the Shovel Knight rumor is dead in your opinion?
I feel that the Shovel Knight rumor and the RogersBase leak sorta cancel eachother out. I don't think it was specified in Tama's rumor that Shovel Knight would be the next character, but I think the rumor makes a lot more sense if we assume that it's the case. And since the RogersBase character can't be Shovel Knight due to the few details we were told regarding the character's identity (1st party, makes sense, would likely have gotten in anyway), and RogersBase looking more likely to be true, I think it's looking less and less likely that the SK rumor is real.

Personally I'd take the reaction posts over Nikki bickering again.

I mean, yeah, that's against the rules but said bickering is quite tiresome already and anything is better than it at this point.
Nikki bickering?

Her tweets have never really caused bickering. I'm pretty sure the majority seem aware at this point that she's not a reputable source. The whole topic came up last night, and nobody seemed to be defending her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom