• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You make posts like that pretty much any time anyone bashes Etika.

It doesn't matter what sparks it; it's something that happens constantly. The sort of people who do that kind of thing are typically fanboys.
You know what else happens constantly? Talking about Etika despite him being terrible apparently.
Both sides should stop for once.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
R2-D2 should be playable in a Warriors game.

Little droid is the most convenient plot device of contraptions honestly.

He'd be fun to play.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Shroobs were more of just an optional cameo boss than a super boss. Bowser X was the real super boss.
I dunno about you, but those ****ers were hard as **** when I first fought them
But then I remembered I went to Bowser's Castle as the Bros. immediately after I got freedom from the belly of the beast so I was like 20 Levels under what I was supposed to be
Damn right I still beat 'em at that low level after like 20 tries

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
- Snake uses grenades, remote missiles, C4s, grenade launchers, the cypher, and a mortar.
Advance Wars uses none of these things.

- Advance Wars isn't about setting traps. Advance Wars is a strategy game where you control various military units and capture bases. Having Snake's gimmick makes no sense.
It's not like Ganondorf, where the moveset doesn't fit, but his playstyle fits well. Sami would not only feel forced into Snake's moveset, but it wouldn't even capture the spirit of the game she's from?

- Sami using Snake's moves would be incredibly boring honestly.
All valid points. Since this is a debate, I'll provide some counter-arguments.

- Advance Wars does not, but Sami does. Again, Sami has almost always been depicted in official art with a weapon of some kind, it is not outside realm of possibility or plausibility that she could use weapon-based attacks. She's a soldier, it make sense for her. Give the Tankromancer moveset to Andy.

- What exactly is Snake's gimmick? She would not take Snake's moveset 1-1. She's the only character that could possibly fill his niche, and that doesn't mean she needs to be forced into it. She can fill it without losing herself. She's a lot like Ganondorf in how you described him, it fits her. And I'm curious as to what your ideal play style for her would be? Because I'm pretty sure Andy would be a better fit and Sami would be better with a moveset that does it her than being a clone or semi-clone of him ultimately, or vice-versa.

- I appreciate your honesty, but this comes down to subjective personal opinion. Maybe it would be boring, but not every character is fun to play, even if we love the character. But whereas you may consider the niche boring, Sami would be able to fill it, and if it's her best chance of getting into the game, I'd take it because I want to see her make it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nairo reset the bracket.

Now the real game begins.

Zero's gonna pull a Cena and win anyway but this was nice
OMFG
Nairo shut Zero down in that last set!

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Nairo just took ZeRo out like it was nothing!

First of all, ZeRo lost. Second of all, that ZSS was INSANE. Well, looks like most will be happy now.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You make posts like that pretty much any time anyone bashes Etika.

It doesn't matter what sparks it; it's something that happens constantly. The sort of people who do that kind of thing are typically fanboys.
Well in that case you're obviously mistaken burb.

Because of course I make posts when people bash Etika.

Like I said before, I've bashed Etika before for making stupid comments or videos.

Can you honestly point out to me in my post you first quoted that shows I am an Etika fanboy?

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Anyone mind telling me which character he used to win? I want to know which character Zero cries about next.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I dunno about you, but those ****ers were hard as **** when I first fought them
But then I remembered I went to Bowser's Castle as the Bros. immediately after I got freedom from the belly of the beast so I was like 20 Levels under what I was supposed to be
Damn right I still beat 'em at that low level after like 20 tries
Yeah, your level was definitely the reason you had trouble.

I found them easy, and I've never really heard them get brought up as a hard boss by anyone. Heck, the only boss in BIS I've heard a lot of complaints about was the Fawful Express.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
This is a terrible post game interview. The interviewer....needs work. He'll get there eventually.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Anyone mind telling me which character he used to win? I want to know which character Zero cries about next.
I'm calling it now he's gonna star maining Zero Suit again just to catch up to Nairo

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I just told a friend that Cloud Strife was the next Smash DLC and he believed. :smash:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I find it funny that Zero was beaten by Zero, who happened to be the first character he won a tournament with.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've never played Twilight Princess.
I have 5 Zelda games and I haven't completed any of them:
  • Zelda 2(NES cart)
  • A link to the past (VC)
  • OoT(VC)
  • Majoras Mask(VC)
  • and Skyward Sword which a friend gave to me.
That said, I'm slowly whittling down my backlog. I'd like to play Twilight Princess in HD at some point in time.
Ocarina of Time is great, despite what Sequelitis would have you believe.
The story is simple, it sets the groundwork for every game after, etc. Finish it or ALTTP first.

Skyward Sword is good too, but is gets worse and worse as time goes on (****ing Tadtones!!!)

Majora's Mask is weird, but it's just as good as Ocarina of Time once you get used to OH MY GOD THE MOON

A Link to the Past is probably the best game overall, but far from my favorite (haven't beat it either, honestly)
Ditto with Zelda 2, although I'd say it's on the lower of the good Zelda games (which is almost all of them, mind you).

Finish these games. Then get The Wind Waker HD and possibly TP HD.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I wonder when everyone's going to start using that whole "If you don't win tournaments" thing against him.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well in that case you're obviously mistaken burb.

Because of course I make posts when people bash Etika.

Like I said before, I've bashed Etika before for making stupid comments or videos.

Can you honestly point out to me in my post you first quoted that shows I am an Etika fanboy?
See the part I bolded and underlined?

Because you just explained yourself why I think you may be a fanboy of Etika as opposed to just a fan.

:4zss: This one.
Hold up.

Wasn't ZSS the character ZeRo used to win the SSB4 Invitational at E3 2014?

WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE, PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm calling it now he's gonna star maining Zero Suit again just to catch up to Nairo
He's not gonna switch. He might play as ZSS for a bit to better understand her weaknesses, but I doubt he'll stick with her. I think he prefers Shiek's mobility/speed and diddy's easier combo starters/damage

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
HOLY ****. NAIRO WON. THE KING HAS ****ING FALLEN. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING, NAIRO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom