• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man...
Of all the days I decide to go out for a drive and eat a Calzone, then wander around aimlessly for like an hour, it has to be when I come back only to see that ZeRo lost and all I can do is go

I didn't even know there was a tourney today. :054:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Please remember to keep your posts substantial.

I know you guys are hyped about ZeRo losing, but let's keep the discussion standard up.

Image posts/ reaction post are NOT allowed.

Also, let's just take a step back from the leak/rumor discussion for now. It's getting way too much. The amount of teasing isn't kosher, but I can't do anything to fix that. I think we need to take a breather, and just let this thing ride out. No more investigations, no more harassing people on Twitter. Just let it go.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Also, let's just take a step back from the leak discussion for now. It's getting way too much. The amount of teasing isn't kosher, but I can't do anything to fix that. I think we need to take a breather, and just let this thing ride out. No more investigations, no more harassing people on Twitter. Just let it go.
The minute we do, SOMETHING is gonna come up. :025: It's inevitible. But regardless, I think even just a day of that would do this place wonders.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to stop your right there. Yeah it's a safe bet Snake won't be coming back for Smash 4, but to say he'll never come back in the future Smash games is getting way ahead of yourself unless you somehow have the ability to see the future; the situation with Konami and Metal Gear can change drastically by the time any future Smash game comes around, and the scope of Smash itself can end up being different. As such, saying we need a discount Snake because we won't ever be getting the real deal is preposterous, especially when Snake will always have the veteran factor and thus remain demanded.

Regarding the rest, your idea isn't pleasing the Snake fans, especially if you were to derive Sami as far away from Snake as Wolf is to Fox. It's a really piss-poor attempt at "preserving" Snake's moveset, when the end result isn't anything like Snake. And I imagine the Sami fans would prefer a Sami with a moveset fully tailored to her rather than having Snake's moves shoehorned onto her just for the sake of cloning Snake.
I completely agree. I thank you also for presenting a true counter-argument. :)

I didn't expect anybody to challenge my thought in the first place haha, I just made an offhand comment that I figured would fade into the background. I never said my line of thinking was correct, but I presented my case, and if it's a poor one, then I guess I can never be a lawyer haha.

EDIT: I also never said Snake was never coming back, I said "probably never". There is a difference between the two, even if it is just in semantics.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm going to have to stop your right there. Yeah it's a safe bet Snake won't be coming back for Smash 4, but to say he'll never come back in the future Smash games is getting way ahead of yourself unless you somehow have the ability to see the future; the situation with Konami and Metal Gear can change drastically by the time any future Smash game comes around, and the scope of Smash itself can end up being different. As such, saying we need a discount Snake because we won't ever be getting the real deal is preposterous, especially when Snake will always have the veteran factor and thus remain demanded.

Regarding the rest, your idea isn't pleasing the Snake fans, especially if you were to derive Sami as far away from Snake as Wolf is to Fox. It's a really piss-poor attempt at "preserving" Snake's moveset, when the end result isn't anything like Snake. And I imagine the Sami fans would prefer a Sami with a moveset fully tailored to her rather than having Snake's moves shoehorned onto her just for the sake of cloning Snake.
This exactly.
If I wanted to play Snake's moveset, I'd rather play it with, you know, Snake.
Oh, and I'd to play the moveset, too. Not half of it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Um yeah, please no moveset transfers.

The only one which seems to be somewhat decent would be giving Black Shadow Ganondof's moveset and making something original for Ganon -- as I've heard some people say -- but still...

---

Last edited:
Does someone who understands twitter mind looking for Nikki's twitter page? because apparently she deleted her account.

Maybe a few people on twitter took it too far :/

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Does someone who understands twitter mind looking for Nikki's twitter page? because apparently she deleted her account.

Maybe a few people on twitter took it too far :/
I've got a better idea, let's do what PushDustin said, and let that go. It doesn't matter to us, and it should stay that way.
At this point I think everyone has been getting sick of the back and forth. Let's leave it be.

In other news, I was able to see the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos. And I still to this day swear there's something in them. Something subliminal...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've got a better idea, let's do what PushDustin said, and let that go. It doesn't matter to us, and it should stay that way.
At this point I think everyone has been getting sick of the back and forth. Let's leave it be.

In other news, I was able to see the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos. And I still to this day swear there's something in them. Something subliminal...
"Buy more yoshi products" The yoshis command you!!! In all seriousness, why subliminal?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Buy more yoshi products" The yoshis command you!!! In all seriousness, why subliminal?
Well, look at them! They're adorable plush figurines that give you **** in some yarn world. It's Marketing 101.
Just you wait. You all may call me crazy now, but when there's Yarn Yoshi regime and we're the oppressed ones, don't come crying to me!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
This exactly.
If I wanted to play Snake's moveset, I'd rather play it with, you know, Snake.
Oh, and I'd to play the moveset, too. Not half of it.
The subject's over and done now I think, but I still am curious, what would your ideal moveset for Sami be? How would it be different from a hypothetical Andy moveset since they are equally popular and share the protagonist role in their games?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- Advance Wars does not, but Sami does. Again, Sami has almost always been depicted in official art with a weapon of some kind, it is not outside realm of possibility or plausibility that she could use weapon-based attacks. She's a soldier, it make sense for her. Give the Tankromancer moveset to Andy.
Nope, Sami is a CO, just like Andy. She never fights directly, she controls tanks and captures bases.
Yes, for her standard moves she'd use a bazooka as inspiration from the infantry. But that's so incredibly vague, it would take no imagination to differentiate these moves from Snake.
It would make much more sense for Sami to be able to take over parts of the stage, and summon tanks to defend herself, instead of planting C4's and firing homing missiles.

If you're asking for Sami to be the sole Advance Wars representative, she needs to represent the series as a whole. She's just one character, and she's not even the main one.
- What exactly is Snake's gimmick? She would not take Snake's moveset 1-1. She's the only character that could possibly fill his niche, and that doesn't mean she needs to be forced into it. She can fill it without losing herself. She's a lot like Ganondorf in how you described him, it fits her. And I'm curious as to what your ideal play style for her would be? Because I'm pretty sure Andy would be a better fit and Sami would be better with a moveset that does it her than being a clone or semi-clone of him ultimately, or vice-versa.
What's the point of copying Snake's moveset if it's not 1-1? In fact, what's the point of taking it period?
Sami getting Snake's moveset isn't good for fans of either character. Sami doesn't live up to her potential, and Snake's moveset is lazily pasted onto someone they don't care about.
The only people who gain from Sami being Snake 2.0 are the ones who were sad for the missing moves, rather than the missing fighter that used them.
- I appreciate your honesty, but this comes down to subjective personal opinion. Maybe it would be boring, but not every character is fun to play, even if we love the character.
So I should campaign for Sami to get into Smash...in the least interesting or faithful way possible?
That's downright silly. Smash is supposed to be fun. It's a video game. I want these characters because I love them AND because I want to have fun with them.
But whereas you may consider the niche boring, Sami would be able to fill it, and if it's her best chance of getting into the game, I'd take it because I want to see her make it.
Well, more power to you, then.
I'll close this debate by saying, if you care about Sami getting into Smash Bros. at all, you should be asking for a unique character, not a skin-grafted pseudo-clone of Solid Snake.

If you have so little faith in Sami that you're content with the entire Advance Wars playable representation being based on a moveset taken from Metal Gear Solid, you don't even sound like a supporter of her. You sound like a supporter of a moveset that doesn't belong to her.

I'm done with this now. I just wanted to give a "true counter-argument" since you implied that I wasn't doing so.
Adieu.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Please remember to keep your posts substantial.

I know you guys are hyped about ZeRo losing, but let's keep the discussion standard up.

Image posts/ reaction post are NOT allowed.

Also, let's just take a step back from the leak/rumor discussion for now. It's getting way too much. The amount of teasing isn't kosher, but I can't do anything to fix that. I think we need to take a breather, and just let this thing ride out. No more investigations, no more harassing people on Twitter. Just let it go.
Well if you say so:awesome:

If Sami hwas nsanely popular from the start, I can say for a fact that people wouldn't be asking for her to get Snake's moveset, the only reason a bunch of people are requesting that is 1. It would be the only surefire way to get an Advance Wars rep 2. Snake mains would have a character similar to Snake. 3. In the next game if Snake comes back, they could declone Sami and boom Sami and Snake with original movesets. I personally want an Advance Wars moveset for Sami with maybe a few of Snake's moves (Rocket launcher), but I could live with Sami as clone of Snake if it meant she'd get in and there would finally be some proper Advance Wars representation in smash. Though I would be sad that Advance Wars has been given such a big shaft that Sami being a Snake clone might be the only way to get Advance Wars back on the map.:crying: B But if I had the option, I'd go with Sami with an original moveset, with maybe 1 or 2 moves from Snake (rocket launcher).

Last edited:
This thread has a disturbing lack of Star Wars. The official poster was revealed today.

You know the new stormtrooper design is really growing on me. I still vastly prefer Episdoe 3's clones but. . .

Is that another Death Star?
Well this will be interesting.
(can't wait by the way)

GEEEET DUNKED ON!
*immediately resets so as not tempted to complete a genocide run*

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I think a good way to represent AW as a whole and make everyone happy is have the main 3 CO driving in the Orange star tank like in this image

A tank fighter would be pretty cool. If your wondering how a tank could jump or have a recovery move they can take inspiration from the tanks from Metal Slug

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ohhhh hoo hoo hoo.

So here's an actual leak that I've been trying to track down for a while now. Tip: When something leaks and Disney is involved, it tends to disappear quickly. So thank you, random Youtuber for providing something to screenshot.

So there's been things saying that there were four unannounced Marvel characters for Disney Infinity 3.0. Later, one was (rather anticlimactically) revealed to be another version of Captain America. That left three remaining. GUESS WHAT AMAZON LEAKED.

Infinity Marvel Leak.png

The long-teased-but-not-shown Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther. :D

Now there's one figure whose absence has been causing quite the stir, and that is Scarlet Witch. By all intents and purposes she SHOULD be in the game. She makes so much sense. But apparently they just recently said that the new Cap figure...doesn't count toward the four figure total...so apparently there's another figure. Here's hoping it's her. I'd hate for her to be left out.

But really I'm just hyped for Ant-Man and Vision.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Seriously though, I'm so excited. The poster is my lock screen on my phone now and I'm eagerly awaiting the trailer tomorrow, then I'm going to go get my ticket.
I'm eagerly awaiting the 7 Movie Marathon. 17 straight hours of Star Wars.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You know the new stormtrooper design is really growing on me. I still vastly prefer Episdoe 3's clones but. . .

Is that another Death Star?
Well this will be interesting.
(can't wait by the way)

GEEEET DUNKED ON!
*immediately resets so as not tempted to complete a genocide run*
It's not exactly a Death Star, the theory is that it's Starkiller Base, which is a massive laser that can destroy whole stars carved into a planet. It's pretty awesome.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think a good way to represent AW as a whole and make everyone happy is have the main 3 CO driving in the Orange star tank like in this image

A tank fighter would be pretty cool. If your wondering how a tank could jump or have a recovery move they can take inspiration from the tanks from Metal Slug
It would look weird, and not to bring up the size issue, but they would have to shrink the COs down so that they could all fit in the tank, and that would look a little weird having them all squished in a tank when standing next to Mario.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
< TFW people want Sami to be a Snake clone

For posterity, here's my moveset for Sami.
It's reposted from the support thread, which was amusingly also a repost from somewhere else:
Reposting from another thread:

"Well, I don't have the full moveset so I'll just tell you the basics.

Sami's moveset resolves around setting bases and summoning (sprite form) infantry and tanks to help her. She can set multiple bases and upgrade them, boosting her and her troops' strength. Basically she is all about stage control.
She uses a bazooka and some CQC for her standard moveset (which this sounds similar to Snake, it's not; she actually lugs the bazooka around and uses it for melee attacks).

Her specials moves are:

- Neutral Special: Base Capture: Sami creates a base on a portion of the stage. She can set three at a time and upgrade them each twice. Each base slightly boosts Sami's attack power. These bases can be destroyed by enemies with enough damage.

- Side Special: Summon Unit: Sami creates a unit that moves slowly in front of her and fires in a straight line. The unit that comes out depends on the highest level base Sami owns. If it's level 1, she creates a Soldier. Level 2, a Mech Soldier (unit with bazooka, like Sami), Level 3, a tank. Each level is more powerful than the last.

- Up Special: T-Copter Drone: Sami creates a drone modeled after a travel copter and lets it lift her into the air. The blades on the copter do repeated damage.

- Down Special: Fog of War: Sami tosses down a grenade that creates a field of fog that obscures Sami and her troops, but not the enemy. It's area of effect and how long it lasts depends on the strength of Sami's bases.

- Final Smash: Victory March: Sami uses her CO Power to strengthen herself and her troops. Any base she creates is instantly Level 3 and invincible for the duration of the move. All her units have double firepower as well.

IMO, I think this is as close to bringing the playstyle of Advance Wars directly to Smash Bros. as possible, so I myself am proud of it."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The distinct lack of Luke, Leia on the poster, the "Death Star".

What a beautifully vague poster.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I went back to play Injustice: Gods Among Us since it was a while.

Man that game feels fast but clunky and janky though. People always say MK was slow but this game feels slow while MK atleast felt fluid.

But the game is damn good

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It would look weird, and not to bring up the size issue, but they would have to shrink the COs down so that they could all fit in the tank, and that would look a little weird having them all squished in a tank when standing next to Mario.
Maybe they could come out separately depending on the attack

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
< TFW people want Sami to be a Snake clone

For posterity, here's my moveset for Sami.
It's reposted from the support thread, which was amusingly also a repost from somewhere else:
Yeah I remember posting part of moveset too, here's mine for those who'd like to see it.
I like this moveset, however there are a few things I'd change,
Utilt- Sami shoves the butt of her rocket launcher in the air.

Dtilt- Does a ground kick

Nair- Spins around with her rocket launcher out

Fair- Does a karate chop, has a meteor spike

Bair- Does a back kick

Dair- Fires a blaster shot down wards

Uair- Fires a blaster shot upwards

B- Blaster: Sami takes out a cartoony looking rifle and fires three laser beams, the first beam does the most damage and knockback, just like in the game, you deal more damage if you attack first.

Side B- Rocket launcher.

Up B- Capture catapult- A captured building rises from under Sami, launching her into the air, the building and Sami can both deal damage.

Down B- Deploy, kind of like Duck Hunt's down B, Sami deploys 1 of 4 units, infantry, mech, tank, and black bomb.

Final Smash-Earth and Sky

Sami swings her rocket launcher around, if any opponents are caught in the attack, they are transported to a battle field, where Sami and a bunch of infantry stampede the opponent(s), then Eagle comes in and strikes the opponent with lightning.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...4-celebrating-v-g-day-hope-marches-on.337736/

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm already going to the Back to the Future marathon on the 25th and 17 hours in a theatre is too much for me, so I'll have to sit that one out haha.
Try watching all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies from Hulk all the way to Age of Ultron.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well if you say so:awesome:

If Sami hwas nsanely popular from the start, I can say for a fact that people wouldn't be asking for her to get Snake's moveset, the only reason a bunch of people are requesting that is 1. It would be the only surefire way to get an Advance Wars rep
From what I see, that argument only works for PM, where the PM developers could really only handle cloning existing characters when adding new ones and thus cloning Sami off of the already existing Snake is sensible.

2. Snake mains would have a character similar to Snake.
As I covered in the post you quoted, that argument is complete bull****. You're such a big Wolf fan demanding so hard for his return despite the existence of Fox, you know very well having a tangentially similar character doesn't satisfy having the actual thing. Just like how Wolf fans like you and me want the actual Wolf back rather than settle for Fox, Snake fans want the actual Snake and not a shoehorned derivative of him.

3. In the next game if Snake comes back, they could declone Sami and boom Sami and Snake with original movesets.
Not really relevant to the argument, but as we see with Ganon/Falcon, it doesn't work that way.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I missed the ending to the Robot Chicken DC Comics Special 3 episode thanks to a lost signal.

Oh well, I'll just record the 3:00 showing from the Cartoon Network West channel and watch it later.

So wut we talkin' aboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom