• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Honestly?

I thought it was as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :p
I mean I recall it being specified that they were playable by modding the game and messing with the files a bit so... yeah I just figured they meant it was just a model/skin swap.

Although I do recall her saying multiple times she was pretty sure the Octolings would be playable at some point; but I didn't think she had any proof of that. I thought she meant it as like, a really probable thing because it's so easy and obvious as a thing to do.

Shroob

Sup?
This cost people a lot of money.

This was done for the sake of a joke.

Her gender should be irrelevant.
And yet, it's the internet, where either girls don't exist, should get back in the kitchen, or are held on a pedestal above all others and can do no wrong, Mi'lady.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>mfw this whole Octoling situation

image.jpg

Rai and Kimiko=Whole Splatoon community

Jack=Nikki

At this point, I rather nobody believe anything anymore
Everything you know is wrong. All rumors are fake and nothing is legit ever.

Just don't do this to yourself. I said that about Stealth_, RogerBase and Nikki. Hell, don't fully believe Tama to where even his source might be wrong.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lucky page number 777!

Wait...um...

I'll just go...
l u c k y s e v e n b o y s

Shame it has to be ruined by this whole octoling thing.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wait, no I'm legit confused as to why people are so mad at her. It's not gender-related. She's gone on record multiple times saying she was joking about Octoling stuff and I recall it being specified that it was a model-swap to play as Octolings... which would still require a modded Wii U anyway.

I get that it's annoying that she's trolly but I don't understand why people are so pissed. Is it just that they didn't read all her tweets so didn't get that she was joking or had explained they were model swaps in the past or...

Edit: Also curious as to what people thought it was if you played as Octolings... like... what did people think you actually had to do besides swap model/skin?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not sure what you people expected when this is about a) a proficient hacker and b) one with an ego. If you actually follow her, then you probably already knew the gist of it all. And honestly, what on earth does gender have to do with it, it looks like an arbitrary reason to throw more hate at her.

And really, what else would someone with(disclaimer: exaggeration) insane hacking skills do to amuse themselves?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Playable Octolings in Splatoon aren't happening. All she did was hack the Octoling model to override the Inkling model, a model swap.

Nintendo is not making Octolings playable.
You mean people really thought that was real? Even I knew it was hacked in
I still can't get over this girl.

She made a hoax.

And at first that's harmless...

Except this wasn't harmless.

There were reports of her little fun deleting people's game data.

She needs her head chewed clean off.
Words cant explain how much I agree with you

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, no I'm legit confused as to why people are so mad at her. It's not gender-related. She's gone on record multiple times saying she was joking about Octoling stuff and I recall it being specified that it was a model-swap to play as Octolings... which would still require a modded Wii U anyway.

I get that it's annoying that she's trolly but I don't understand why people are so pissed. Is it just that they didn't read all her tweets so didn't get that she was joking or had explained they were model swaps in the past or...

Edit: Also curious as to what people thought it was if you played as Octolings... like... what did people think you actually had to do besides swap model/skin?
I'm not sure what you people expected when this is about a) a proficient hacker and b) one with an ego. If you actually follow her, then you probably already knew the gist of it all. And honestly, what on earth does gender have to do with it, it looks like an arbitrary reason to throw more hate at her.

And really, what else would someone with(disclaimer: exaggeration) insane hacking skills do to amuse themselves?
Okay.

No one is attacking her by using her gender as an insult.

We're saying it shouldn't matter.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I thought it was pretty darn clear she was only predicting Octolings because of how easy it is to hack them in. A single tweaked variable and they're ready to go.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Playable Octolings in Splatoon aren't happening. All she did was hack the Octoling model to override the Inkling model, a model swap.

Nintendo is not making Octolings playable.
I recall her saying Nintendo should make them playable, and that they probably would because it's super easy to do because she did it no problem. I don't recall her ever claiming that was a definite, and I've seen her saying she was joking around on multiple occasions when people tweeted at her asking if they were definitely going to be playable.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly though, the idea of playable Octolings never sat right with me.

Just where were the males? Yes, you only ever see female Octolings in game, but I have a hard time believing that Nintendo would make an entire race female exclusive.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Gender really shouldn't matter when a person is being an jackass to troll the Internet and community.

We would have laughed this off or just be miffed if this only lasted like for a few hours or the whole day. But she let this go on for weeks. And rused even gaming websites

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Gender really shouldn't matter when a person is being an ******* to troll the Internet and community.

We would have laughed this off or just be miffed if this only lasted like for a few hours or the whole day. But she let this go on for weeks. And rused even gaming websites
And the fact that people now has damaged systems thanks to this really doesn't sit well with me about how this was handled by her, even if the implications may have been apparent with modding systems to make these character's playable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This whole 'console damaging mod for a shooter game' debacle reminds me of the seventh season of Arby n' the Chief.

And while it's far from funny in this case the similarities are almost jarring.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Because her actively saying that they are playable made many peoples saves get messed up. thats why people are mad
I'm confused as to how though. Like it's just a model swap. They ARE playable... if you model swap them. Plus I saw people asking her if Octolings were definitely going to be playable in the future and on multiple occasions she said she was joking or trolling.

I get it's annoying but she did come out and say she was kidding multiple times. Like were people just modding their Wii Us without actually researching how to do it and then breaking their save files?

Edit: Or are you talking about when someone uses the model swap and can show up in someone else's Inkopolis which messes up the save file?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Greninja and Mewtwo in Pokken tournament sounds awesome.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: The Destiny expansion pack already being announced before the game comes out? Ehhhhh....

Also Roy and Ryu Amiibos in December?

Unless the release date got pushed forward, I call BS.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
She also couldn't have known they'd affect people's save files, so acting like she set out to be malicious is wrong. And anyway, as annoying as it is to be on the receiving end of those issues, I'd read it was only a temporary issue, to boot, and would fix itself once enough time had past that the Octoling player was no longer in your hub.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
She also couldn't have known they'd affect people's save files, so acting like she set out to be malicious is wrong. And anyway, as annoying as it is to be on the receiving end of those issues, I'd read it was only a temporary issue, to boot, and would fix itself once enough time had past that the Octoling player was no longer in your hub.
Plus being signed up for a Splat fest meant that you would be able to play because it would clear out your plaza as well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And the fact that people now has damaged systems thanks to this really doesn't sit well with me about how this was handled by her, even if the implications may have been apparent with modding systems to make these character's playable.
And that's even worse if she's causing bricked Wii Us.

She needs to apologize and take responsibility for her actions

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So, that Octoling rumor/leak might just be false. If it did indeed mess up people's save, that's a **** move to do.

That Nintendo Direct sounds promising enough (If it's real of course, which I doubt). Do like what is being said in that.

Also, Triforce Heroes? Pretty fun game. I might consider getting it, it's actually a pretty fun puzzle games with friends and others. I'd recommend anyone to try it out right now, if you have the demo code of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom