• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this passed but I desperately want Ratchet and Sly Cooper to be good movies. Both are important games of my childhood and I love the characters to death. Seeing the movies fail would suck so damn hard.

UHH cool I guess.

This game got Hyrule Warriors content before Smash. Let that sink in.

Chrono.

I know this passed but I desperately want Ratchet and Sly Cooper to be good movies. Both are important games of my childhood and I love the characters to death. Seeing the movies fail would suck so damn hard.

This game got Hyrule Warriors content before Smash. Let that sink in.
Koei Tecmo are the ones behind Fatal Frame, so it makes sense.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Waiting patiently for Nintendo costumes in Pokemon Z
>Having anything Nintendo related in Pokemon, ever
image.jpg

Game Freak and The Pokemon Company are so separated from other Nintendo franchises and Nintendo themselves that it isn't funny.

There will never be any franchise costumes, cameos, references or anything in a mainline or even spinoff Pokemon game ever.

Hell Pokemon Company does its own stuff so much that THEY decide on who gets in Smash at most occasions

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Update (10/16): Bumped to the top. The “All” maintenance we mentioned previously has now been updated to say “Using Nintendo Network ID”. So in addition to eShop maintenance, Nintendo Network ID will also be affected.

Soooooo, how exactly does the Nintendo Network ID get affected by the maintenance?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Update (10/16): Bumped to the top. The “All” maintenance we mentioned previously has now been updated to say “Using Nintendo Network ID”. So in addition to eShop maintenance, Nintendo Network ID will also be affected.

Soooooo, how exactly does the Nintendo Network ID get affected by the maintenance?
Does anyone still believe the rumors?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nintendo publish the games now, but Koei still develops them.

My point was that it makes total sense for them to use HW Zelda because it's from their own game.
Nintendo SPD also develops the games alongside Koei. Myamoto was involved with the development of the newest game.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
When you're cleaning your Amiibo and you think to yourself "I wonder if I should get the 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Colours Amiibo for the release day" you know you got some serious 1st world problems.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
View attachment 78404

Game Freak and The Pokemon Company are so separated from other Nintendo franchises and Nintendo themselves that it isn't funny.

There will never be any franchise costumes, cameos, references or anything in a mainline or even spinoff Pokemon game ever.

Hell Pokemon Company does its own stuff so much that THEY decide on who gets in Smash at most occasions
Don't the pokemon games frequently have cameos of nintendo systems?

D

Deleted member

UHH cool I guess.

If this is suppose to be a horror game, I think it just turned into a comedy themed game. How can I be scared having my character in bright outfits like that...lol

Immersion breaker.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wasn't this debunked because I honestly can't remember.
They sort of just give them a concept to work with but I feel like GF and TPC have a lot of influence that they did before.

Game Freak have been known to be hard to work with before. So I just can't believe that they are so easy to deal with for Sakurai. There's some major freedom but I feel like GF & TPC have some sort of control

D

Deleted member

View attachment 78404

*remembers Wooly World*
*remembers Mario Maker*
I see your point but let me counter it with four words
JUST LET ME DREAM

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
*remembers Wooly World*
*remembers Mario Maker*
JUST LET ME DREAM
Why didn't Wooly World have Pokemon costumes, it's a very strange omission. They even have third-party characters. Isn't Chibi-Robo compatible even?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That moment when you found a (albeit pre owned) Rosalina & Luma Amiibo in store but didn't have enough money on you to purchase it......:mad088:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You do realize that the Project Zero/Fatal Frame costumes are based on Metroid: Other M and Hyrule Warriors, right?

All of those games had involvement from Koei Tecmo. Not that surprising anymore, is it?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't the pokemon games frequently have cameos of nintendo systems?
"There's Mario with a bucket on his head!"
That's mostly for tradition but the way I'm talking is moreso cameos of other Nintendo series and franchises.

All thy have to do is make :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4ness::4samus:&:4falcon: as trainers you can fight easily but nope but you can fight the developers and that's ok

*remembers Wooly World*
*remembers Mario Maker*
JUST LET ME DREAM
I want to dream to but reality exist and I can't get my sequel to the Coliseum games or something similar to it

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So Chibi-Robo's Smash chances are dead, along with his whole franchise. IMO, rather than trying to inovate Chibi-Robo, they should've tried take everything that made the franchise great and packaged it into one game ala Fire Emblem Awakening.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If this is suppose to be a horror game, I think it just turned into a comedy themed game. How can I be scared having my character in bright outfits like that...lol

Immersion breaker.
I couldn't help but think "Fabric doesn't work that way!" when she stepped into the water in Zelda's dress. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Pokemon Company is REALLY stingy when it comes to crossovers. Amiibos are the biggest offender: only work for Smash and Mario Maker, and even then Mario Maker doesn't use any sound effects or music from the games and is the only series to do so. I sometimes wonder if it's easier to get Sonic Megaman and Pacman to use in these games then Pokémon.
TPC deprived me of a Pikachu themed Yarn Yoshi.... It's unforgivable ;-;

And on the subject of Yoshi, Nintendo is going to make me bankrupt.

20151016_101457.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Chibi-Robo's Smash chances are dead, along with his whole franchise. IMO, rather than trying to inovate Chibi-Robo, they should've tried take everything that made the franchise great and packaged it into one game ala Fire Emblem Awakening.
I fail to see how the bolded is the case at all...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
TPC is stingy with the Pokémon IP, that's true.

Though I hear they actually give enough freedom for Sakurai in regards to Smash Bros. content. If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai talks about Greninja in a Famitsu column and states how he works with Game Freak and TPC in regards to the usage of Pokémon in Smash.

Overall, Nintendo seems to trust Sakurai with their IPs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude this kind of stuff used to be normal back in the PSX era.
Horror games had like really bright colorful outfits? I mean, this is quite a bit different then anything I've seen during PSX era.

I don't really agree with the choice of outfits in a horror game. Cameos like this are best suited for non-horror.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Horror games had like really bright colorful outfits? I mean, this is quite a bit different then anything I've seen during PSX era.

I don't really agree with the choice of outfits in a horror game. Cameos like this are best suited for non-horror.
Horror games had this:

upload_2015-10-16_13-29-29.jpeg

upload_2015-10-16_13-29-56.jpeg

My entire experience is ruined because some silly bonus content.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Showing my friend the Zelda/ZSS costumes video just 100% convinced him to buy Fatal Frame.

Meanwhile, those who don't like it can completely ignore it as bonus content.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, bright colors or not, in my opinion it doesn't do a lot to help the atmosphere. Oh sure the ZSS costume may look neat, but what does it add? It'd be like if they used Peach or Mario. What's the point?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
We also have the main character only in panties if you wish,but is against the rules of the site to post it here.
:4link:

Immersion breaker.
I imagine it's a NG+ unlock like in most horror games with crazy alternate costumes.
I would post some of the newer Resident Evils' somewhat goofy costumes as an example, but I feel like that would just give an excuse for everyone to criticize them and wonder where the games went wrong or something.

Chrono.

I'll be honest, bright colors or not, in my opinion it doesn't do a lot to help the atmosphere. Oh sure the ZSS costume may look neat, but what does it add? It'd be like if they used Peach or Mario. What's the point?
Its for teh lulz?

But really, stuff like this is no different than Big Head mode back in the day.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Is anyone else here noticing the irony of this belief? This is a pretty common belief for Chibi now, and yet he's in a better situation than Isaac.... Who many consider to be one of the most plausible/likely DLC additions. The Chibi Robo has seen more entries (5 total) and continued support for a decade.

I'm not singling you out here, because I actually agree with you about Chibi. Without continued success and much of a future to look forward to, any characters chances for Smash drastically plummet (unless they fit the token 'surprise/retro' criteria). I'm just pointing out that Smash fans literally pick and choose which rules to follow.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's the thing it's optional. You're not forced to use it and it doesn't really add anything but a special cameo to the game.

It's mostly YOUR choice to use it.

I like them but I can the issues behind it.
:4link:

I imagine it's a NG+ unlock like in most horror games with crazy alternate costumes.
I would post some of the newer Resident Evils' somewhat goofy costumes as an example, but I feel like that would just give an excuse for everyone to criticize them and wonder where the games went wrong or something.
Silent Hill did the same thing and people will still complain.

People think all horror games should be super serious and have no fun in anything.

D

Deleted member

Horror games had this:

View attachment 78412

View attachment 78413

My entire experience is ruined because some silly bonus content.
Maybe you don't mind this type of stuff, but for me, horror games are meant to immerse you, and it's quite hard being immersed when there are options to be in panties such as you said or have dat samass in my face. It's a dumb idea in my opinion.

It's obvious they did this because they are afraid of it not selling too well, and they are probably right it wouldn't, and doing something like this will make people buy it. But at that point, we are just buying it for silly lolnintendo outfits and perfectly shaped women's butts in our face.

I think we've all seen what a butt looks like before, I don't need that for my impulse purchase for this game. I'd prefer a serious tone, I wouldn't want to see that happen to a dude either in a game like this.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
TPC is stingy with the Pokémon IP, that's true.

Though I hear they actually give enough freedom for Sakurai in regards to Smash Bros. content. If I'm not mistaken, Sakurai talks about Greninja in a Famitsu column and states how he works with Game Freak and TPC in regards to the usage of Pokémon in Smash.

Overall, Nintendo seems to trust Sakurai with their IPs
Why wouldn't they? The man is a genius.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mother 3 is the only Mother game that needs a remake, Imagining Nowhere Islands in beautiful graphics would be a great way to release the game internationally. We already have Beginnings and Earthbound released, now we only need one more.

Now I want to see a Metroid horror game happen.
Metroid Fusion

Do you even Nintendo?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Silent Hill did the same thing and people will still complain.

People think all horror games should be super serious and have no fun in anything.
See, this is where I disagree.

Sure, levity is not a bad thing. Hell I could argue that in some cases it's vital. But you also still need a horror game. And while I don't know about you, I don't play a horror game to get laughs.

Edit: Fixed some grammar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom