• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And hey, if they make an NX Ultimate Edition...there's always Ice Climbers.

Sakurai never said the NX had to have the same roster...:p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And hey, if they make an NX Ultimate Edition...there's always Ice Climbers.

Sakurai never said the NX had to have the same roster...:p
If Smash NX happens and it's a remaster of Smash 4, I really hope they take advantage of the fact they can add characters who couldn't make it into Smash 4 for certain reasons.
In fact, adding Ice Climbers, Takamaru, possibly Inkling, due to their demand might be incentive to make an NX port in the first place.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It wouldn't surprise me of the Ballot is for what characters will appear in the NX port. ^^ As I can honestly really see a NX port of Smash 4 happen.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'll be honest I don't really care about the slots he adds, he could any amount and he's not going to stop his limit just because the slots run out.
No, but considering we were told from the start that DLC would be limited, and knowing that it's likely not gonna be going on for years, it's pretty safe to assume we don't have a ridiculous number of characters remaining.

Chrono.

Thing with a hypothetical Smash 4 NX is, I still don't see exclusive characters happening.

No matter how you slice it, you'd still be screwing over the Wii U/3DS install base by forcing them to buy a console and the same game for like 3 different characters.

I could only see it happening if Smash 4 NX ended up being a significant update to the game overall (we're talking USFIV/GGXRD Rev/the BB Extend versions).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No, but considering we were told from the start that DLC would be limited, and knowing that it's likely not gonna be going on for years, it's pretty safe to assume we don't have a ridiculous number of characters remaining.
True, but the my main point is that the slots are grasping territory and should not be used to speculate DLC characters.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
True, but the my main point is that the slots are grasping territory and should not be used to speculate DLC characters.
I don't see how basing judgment off the game's files is "grasping".

What's really a case of "grasping" is "I think there will be a ton of DLC characters just because".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So for anyone here who is interested. I am going to made a level on SMM, based off the Sammer Kingdom in SPM. The thing however, is that for those who known the game. That it's just 100 fight that you have to do in one run. But for what i am going to make, i am going to made a "remix" of this level. Like, if this world was a really "level" with platform and all that. So yeah, i hope i will do it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm happy Dizzy is in now that means Ky has his Waifu back and he won't take GG axed out of EVO for Dong Dong Never Die (which Mr. Wizard was joking)

#FreeBaiken

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I'm happy Dizzy is in now that means Ky has his Waifu back and he won't take GG axed out of EVO for Dong Dong Never Die (which Mr. Wizard was joking)

#FreeBaiken
now lets be real competitive dongdong never die would be hype

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But Axl is in Xrd :p
I must have missed something then because I rarely ever see him in the game at all.

Although that's my fault because all I see in that game is Sin, Leo, Sol, Milla and Elphant

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
We will be hosting our 2nd SourceCast this week. Please send questions to either myself or any member of the Source Gaming team that you would like to be answered.

The Source Gaming team is aware of all the rumors going around; and out of respect to those involved we will not be discussing them this week. Please stay tuned for additional news and coverage.
What would you guys like to see more.A Earthbound revival,a Sin & Punishment revival or a F-Zero Revival

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What would you guys like to see more.A Earthbound revival,a Sin & Punishment revival or a F-Zero Revival
F-Zero.

Earthbound would be nice, but it's the kind of game that's kind of better off as a cult favorite. There's only so many times you can pull the "lol you weren't expecting that" charm before it becomes old hat. That, and I like to think the older graphics suit it better.

I've never played Sin & Punishment and have no idea what it's about. The cover never really appealed to me, I guess.

F-Zero is a ton of fun and it would be a great way to showcase the NX's graphical capabilities. GX honestly outdid itself and made the Gamecube look beautiful (it even looked better than Metroid Prime, IMO). I think this is where the smart money would be for a new system.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
They could do an Earthbound revival but I don't think I'll live up to the games Shigesato Itoi have directed.

I'm not familiar to the Sin &Punishment series but I've heard many good things about it.

There is a F-Zero lookalike that's coming to the Wii U. I believe its called Fast Racing Neo. Maybe I'll be just as good or even better that the old F-Zero games.

Chrono.

Earthbound doesn't need a revival imo. I think Mother 3 was a fantastic way to end the series.

S&P is probably dead but I'd like a 3rd game if only so they can resolve that annoying cliffhanger from Star Successor.

I feel F-Zero's next in line for a revival (I'm also curious to see if they'd bring back SEGA to work on it).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Seriously. Make it about the Future Children being the main characters fighting for peace in a newfound land riddled with strife (just say that, like, Ylisse finally got a navy as a result of the Valm incident) after placing themselves on a sort of self-exile to avoid interfering with their parents raising themselves from this new timeline. Then add in Chrom partway through a la Ike in Radiant Dawn (accompanied by Frederick, I guess, since that'd make sense that he'd go with Chrom. Maybe Lissa as well.) because he worried about Lucina, with a whole "No matter which time you came from, you're still my daughter" type of deal. Add in quite a few new recruits picked up during the conflict. Bam. Instantly good. Have Robin be mysteriously absent and make him an awesome DLC recruit or free Spotpass type deal like Priam in Awakening to not interfere with Morgan in the main game. Have the game link up with Awakening to use the units from your own file, or have a questionnaire in the beginning ask who the character's parents are a la Pokemon or Earthbound.

I would pay lots and lots of money for that game.
I would buy that so fast. I'm a little upset Fates was announced so quickly- i'm not ready to leave the Awakening characters yet.

Can you imagine one day waking up to
That would never happen.
The dislike bar is too high

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank you, thread, for remembering that Dong Dong Never Die does, in fact, exist. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Earthbound doesn't need a revival imo. I think Mother 3 was a fantastic way to end the series.

S&P is probably dead but I'd like a 3rd game if only so they can resolve that annoying cliffhanger from Star Successor.

I feel F-Zero's next in line for a revival (I'm also curious to see if they'd bring back SEGA to work on it).
They can't bring in Sega unless it's SUMO games (the devs of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed) because the team behind F-Zero GX, AM2 have dissolved by this point.

Nintendo tried finding developers to work on the series to the point where they asked Criterion (the NFS and Burnout devs who really aren't the same as they were 8 years ago) to help develop an F-Zero game.

It's not like Nintendo doesn't want to make one, it's like they are trying to find the perfect team.

I rather just have them reskin Fast Racing NEO into F-Zero just for the hell of it.

Soul.

Bruh. Just let me see how it looks; 2016 hurry up.

I'm not sure on whether that press release means the end of 3DS and Wii U though; we'll see.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mother 3 is the only Mother game that needs a remake, Imagining Nowhere Islands in beautiful graphics would be a great way to release the game internationally. We already have Beginnings and Earthbound released, now we only need one more.

UHH cool I guess.

Now I want to see a Metroid horror game happen.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was listening to this really cool remix. It's actually a mix of Ryu and Guile's themes. Really neato. But I smiled like an idiot when...

of all things, Lugia's Song gets thrown into the mix. Laughed for quite a few seconds.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D-did that really need a trailer..Did that even need to be included to the game
Ehh, there have been weirder alternate costumes in horror games for a while (see Heather's costume in Silent Hill 3 and Jill's Regina from Dino Crisis costume in Resident Evil 3)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we got more sources hinting at the NX being a combo home and handheld console.

I'm wondering, has something like this been done before? I know the Dreamcast had MVUs but I can't remember too many games taking advantage of it bar some tamagotchi-esque features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom