• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, I don't even use front or side view images when I model, so...

I made that Mega Mewtwo model in about six hours back when all we had was a single picture of it and I don't even do this professionally.
Hmm I see, it looks pretty good. ^^

Although personally I think I may still prefer to use front and side view artworks/models for my 3D modelling works imo..... ^^;

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
There are certain things nearing announcement before the end of the year, but I haven't heard of a Direct coming this week or next. Sometimes I hear about that, although not always.
Could it be that the new higher ups don't want to show us the upcoming games via Directs like Iwata did?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Peach was one of the several characters that was cut from the original Smash"

*shows list of a bunch of characters that were not cut from the original Smash.
I... I don't know why I didn't see this coming from HIM
Agreed.

It was especially better (IMO, anyway) when he really was Ben 10, and only had the 10 aliens.
I could give a pass for Cannonbolt since he was the "special" super-secret 11th alien (and promoted to the "main" 10 when Ghostfreak went rogue), but once he kept getting random new ones left and right, it started to lose the initial charm.
That's why there is an episode with them in the future called Ben 10.000 :p
10.000 rejected OCs

So, what do we all think of "Not" animes? Imo there's good, (Teen Titains, Avatar) and then there's bad, (Ninjago, Ben 10) and then there's My Life Me.
Well it's just an artstyle. It very rarely affects the actual plot/characters. Avatar and Teen Titans are amazing howe. . .
bad, Ben 10
You are officially on my "to-kill" list. unless you are talking about the most recent version I am very dissapointed in your opinion.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"Peach was one of the several characters that was cut from the original Smash"

*shows list of a bunch of characters that were not cut from the original Smash.
The list is the original Smash Ballot results (which was used for Melee). I know you guys (should) know, but I also made a comment on the video.

Also that Peach attacks with her butt because of Japanese peaches (momo) looking like butts...that's some faulty logic.

Logic process in the video:
Japanese Peaches look like butts
Peach presumably named after something that looks like a butt.
Peach attacks with her butt.
Therefore Peach must attack with her butt because she is named after something that looks like a butt.

There is no direct connection given to her name and attacking with butts so therefore it's not logically sound.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw Other M discussion. That game literally makes my hands hurt.
Ben 10? I remember loving it as a kid and being surprised as **** to find out it got sequels. I watched Alien Force and a bit of Ultimate Alien, didn't know aout Omniverse till recently. IMO Alien Force was the best. Some aliens were cool as **** (XRL8, Swampfire, Big Chill, Ultimate Echo Echo, Way Big, etc.) But some are dumb. When I found out Omniverse had joke aliens I knew my childhood had died. The new Gravattack seems cool though

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There are certain things nearing announcement before the end of the year, but I haven't heard of a Direct coming this week or next. Sometimes I hear about that, although not always.
Hmm, I see. Glad to know there are some news coming, but I hope you'll hear of a Direct soon. ^^ Never been this long without a Direct, and it just feels so much less 'hype' nowdays. How did we survive before Directs were made? XD

Though I am overall very patient. I just wanna see the NX.

D

Deleted member

I saw Other M discussion. That game literally makes my hands hurt.
Ben 10? I remember loving it as a kid and being surprised as **** to find out it got sequels. I watched Alien Force and a bit of Ultimate Alien, didn't know aout Omniverse till recently. IMO Alien Force was the best. Some aliens were cool as **** (XRL8, Swampfire, Big Chill, Ultimate Echo Echo, Way Big, etc.) But some are dumb. When I found out Omniverse had joke aliens I knew my childhood had died. The new Gravattack seems cool though
XRL8 was from the original, not sure if it returned though
Fun dumb fact: XRL8=Accelerate
I found thid out a month ago only because my friend told me and I still feel dumb
Mfw you can't tell who the other aliens are cause dubs

Alein Force was such a weird show. Half the time the episode was good/great. Half the time it was beyond cringe worthy. Also the overarching plot was horrible lol

Gwen not being a magician but actually an alien was so stupid and boring. RIP lucky girl.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
XRL8 was from the original, not sure if it returned though
Fun dumb fact: XRL8=Accelerate
I found thid out a month ago only because my friend told me and I still feel dumb
Mfw you can't tell who the other aliens are cause dubs
He was in a Generator Rex crossover iirc. Was that show any good? I only saw a terrible Dutch dub and played a game
I remember when I saw that and I was all 'OOOOOOOOH'
Pretty sure there's a wiki

D

Deleted member

I can't stand Madoka's art style. Sorry Urubutcher, sticking to Gaim
B-but, magical lesbian girls fighting evil
The artstyle is basically every single anime ever what's so bad about it?
Alein Force was such a weird show. Half the time the episode was good/great. Half the time it was beyond cringe worthy. Also the overarching plot was horrible lol

Gwen not being a magician but actually an alien was so stupid and boring. RIP lucky girl.
And speaking of retcons...
Worst part is that it went from "magician girl" to "pink alien stuff"

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I enjoyed and loved the original Ben 10 and like Alien Force, Ultimate Alien and Omniverse.

But those Live Action movies are really awful.

I really do like Man of Action and think his stuff is pretty well done except for the movies and somewhat Generator Rex which was really disappointing.

It's one of the reasons why I believe the Megaman cartoon will be pretty good.

As for true 'non-anime' stuff, Teen Titans and Avatar were my ****.

But I prefer the realistic look for both eastern and western animation.

D

Deleted member

The live action movies could be summarized to
"Wait, that was a Ben 10 movie?"
Now that I think about it, what counts as a "not anime"? Wouldn't it just be a cartoon with an anime inspired artstyle?
Any western cartoon with a focus on the fights, apparently

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, we're not getting a direct this week.

I'll be surprised if we get one for Monday either.

D

Deleted member

As the guy who first used that term in this thread., that's exactly how I meant it.

Also, it's Not-Anime, not not anime.
Wait, so it's not not anime but instead not not anime or is it not anime and not not not anime????
Me is confuse
I hurt myself in confuse
EDIT: I said the word not so many times it doesn't even make any sense anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Any western cartoon with a focus on the fights, apparently
But see then that wouldn't make any sense. Because then one could argue that most cartoons are a "not-anime". Is He-Man a "not-anime"? Is Looney Tunes a "not-anime"? What about Tom and Jerry? Superman?

It raises so many questions.

As the guy who first used that term in this thread., that's exactly how I meant it.

Also, it's Not-Anime, not not anime.
So, then what would be considered not-anime (or Animesque as apparently TVTropes calls it)?

D

Deleted member

But see then that wouldn't make any sense. Because then one could argue that most cartoons are a "not-anime". Is He-Man a "not-anime"? Is Looney Tunes a "not-anime"? What about Tom and Jerry? Superman?

It raises so many questions.

So, then what would be considered not-anime (or Animesque as apparently TVTropes calls it)?
If Ninjago is not-anime nothing is not not-anime

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
A cartoon that I think is cool for kids and take some hints from eastern animation is "American Dragon: Jake Long".
I was not too young when it came to the brazilian television and I really was surprised and wanted more.
It's a shame there's only 2 seasons. It's not a masterpiece as Avatar, but it was better than almost everything else.

D

Deleted member

A cartoon that I think is cool for kids and take some hints from eastern animation is "American Dragon: Jake Long".
I was not too young when it came to the brazilian television and I really was surprised and wanted more.
It's a shame there's only 2 seasons. It's not a masterpiece as Avatar, but it was better than almost everything else.
I loved that show
I remember when the artstyle changed but I didn't care much
Though season 1 art>>>>>>season 2 art

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Jake Long is a really great show.
Now that I think on it, definitely one of the less appreciated Disney cartoons.
We need Jake Long, Kim Possible, and other Disney Channel cartoon characters in Disney Infinity.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Can I have a link or something for your 'you're a plush now' thing? I want to show a friend
I can simply repost it (since I forgot where I originally said it), but I am quite shocked anyone would wanna show it off to someone, hah.
I have to make it longer. I love making up lyrics.

You're a Plush Now!
You're full of Fluff Now!

You will spend every buck!
But you're all out of luck!

You are poor now!

Got nothin' more now!

You'll say only One!
But you know that's no Fun!

You need ALL now!!

Substitution Substitution
Magazines? Herassy!

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I can simply repost it (since I forgot where I originally said it), but I am quite shocked anyone would wanna show it off to someone, hah.

You're a Plush Now!

You are poor now!

Got nothin' more now!

You'll say only One!

You need ALL now!!

Substitution Substitution
Magazines? Herassy!
Love the now and now rhyme

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

You're a Plush Now!

You are poor now!

Got nothin' more now!

You'll say only One!

You need ALL now!!
As a man who goes around with an avatar of a plush toy, I can identify with this.
10/10

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We talking Ben 10? Loved that show. The original was so good. Alien force wasn't to bad, it had really good moments and then really bad moments. I honestly can't remember what they did next. And Omniverse started out good, but then the episode were a lot less interesting, and the timeline got really confusing as so many different events occurred and then they brought in the multiple universes and futures which really brought it all over the place. I don't think they actually had a way to continue that show...

Generator Rex though! Who remembers that show?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jake Long is a really great show.
Now that I think on it, definitely one of the less appreciated Disney cartoons.
We need Jake Long, Kim Possible, and other Disney Channel cartoon characters in Disney Infinity.
Kim's actually been gaining traction with Infinity requests lately, and was on their official fan poll. And John Vignocchi (essentially DI's Sakurai+Reggie) said he was discussing "things" and then tweeted a picture of him with the show's creator and her VA.

I'd say her chances are quite high.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Love the now and now rhyme
Thank you kindly. :)

As a man who goes around with an avatar of a plush toy, I can identify with this.
10/10
Thank you as well. XD As a collector, my jingle is full of evil.

I just made it much longer, trying to make it sound like the Extended Cut from the 'Squid Kid' Commercial. I'll post it if someone wants to, as long as it's not a bother.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All I remember was an eyepatch wearing badmouthed primate with guns and rex had crazy powers.
Everything else is a weird blur.
It also had a crossover with Ben 10. The story was good but complex at times. I did still find it to be pretty good though, to bad it ended fast.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Now what about Sym Bionic Titan?

Anyone remembers that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom