• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mario-kun in Mario Maker scan
So they're actually adding the manga rendition of Mario as a separate costume as Mario Maker DLC?
That is pretty cool.

I wonder if we will get some substantial DLC for the game though. I know it's early in Mario Maker's life, but I'm already seeing some features that feel missing or would be very welcome to the game, like checkpoints, and some enemies such as Pokeys.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So they're actually adding the manga rendition of Mario as a separate costume as Mario Maker DLC?
That is pretty cool.

I wonder if we will get some substantial DLC for the game though. I know it's early in Mario Maker's life, but I'm already seeing some features that feel missing or would be very welcome to the game, like checkpoints, and some enemies such as Pokeys.
The files have evidence of a desert theme with the angry sun coming as DLC.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
feex

Maximum weeb mode activated. :shades::p

Well, they were designed to feel distinct and add to the roster. There was planning on what characters would be picked and which characters would serve as base for clones.

Lucina and Dark Pit were already in the game as costume swaps, meaning they had no differences from their counterparts at all. They just got some slight changes as the game kept developing.

Two different circumstances naturally yield different end results.
I cannot write in Japanese yet. :c But I am working on it! I know a LOT of Japanese words, but putting them together is a serious pain.

Baka, Frost-san. Frost-san core wa, waifu, da!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I cannot write in Japanese yet. :c But I am working on it! I know a LOT of Japanese words, but putting them together is a serious pain.
I only know some basic stuff. lol

I have an input method for Japanese, though. So I can write stuff like this: これが日本語インプットだ!

It's only if you signed up for their newsletter though. :p
It's just a matter of time people start giving them out like candy. :chuckle:

I think I'll wait until the game actually comes out.

Nah, man this is what it should be like.

マリオくんかわいいですね!すごい、アクザレットちゃん。

Yup, much better.

:231:
Well damn.

So much MM DLC announced, yet nothing new for America so far.
Japan always gets the cool stuff. Almost feels like it's a Japanese game... Oh wait.

Chrono.

I kinda wonder why they haven't released those costumes (in Japan) actually.

Makes me wonder if they're planning some "big" update for MM.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frostwraith Frostwraith
That is neat. I don't think my computer has anything like that.

Det suger att vara Svensk.
What operating system does your computer have? If it's a recent Windows, it should have an input method for Japanese.

Though you can actually download Google's IME which is much better as it gets updated and actually contains more words and tools. It even has stuff like video game, manga and anime titles.

Normally, I use a Portuguese keyboard. It has stuff like this: áãõàéíóúâêô窺€

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, what if Nintendo went back on Captain N and re-did it? You know, made it, better. Cause it does have potential.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...
What if you put a Japanese DLC MM Costume in a level and play it on an American MM?
Does the costumes still show up, or... :drshrug:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What operating system does your computer have? If it's a recent Windows, it should have an input method for Japanese.

Though you can actually download Google's IME which is much better as it gets updated and actually contains more words and tools. It even has stuff like video game, manga and anime titles.

Normally, I use a Portuguese keyboard. It has stuff like this: áãõàéíóúâêô窺€
I... I totally suck at computers, so I have no idea what operating system I have. :/ Well, I probably know, but I am unsure what specifically a operating system is. I know, I suck.

I guess it probably has a Japanese input, or at least some kind of input, but I don't actually need anything like that, so I have never tried to look for how it works. At least I have the Å Ä and Ö letters, haha.

Thank you, though. :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I can do fancy stuff too è né àèìòùçâêîôû
Shift + CTRL does wonders ' v'

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, what do we all think of "Not" animes? Imo there's good, (Teen Titains, Avatar) and then there's bad, (Ninjago, Ben 10) and then there's My Life Me.
Dude.

Could you even really call Ben 10 a..."'not' anime" (is that really a thing people say?)?

Its aesthetic seems much different from the other shows you described. It seems a lot more western-inspired than Teen Titans (which took some subtle design cues from the east, but not many) and Avatar (which obviously was inspired by eastern animation).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dude.

Could you even really call Ben 10 a..."'not' anime" (is that really a thing people say?)?

Its aesthetic seems much different from the other shows you described. It seems a lot more western-inspired than Teen Titans (which took some subtle design cues from the east, but not many) and Avatar (which obviously was inspired by eastern animation).
I'm talking more about the animation, with Ninjago it's everything but the animation that have parallels to anime, Ben 10 looks like an anime (At least it used to), but it isn't. Kind of like how Boondocks looks like an anime, but clearly is anything but. Teen Titans is clearly inspired by anime, in both animation and story, heck, even the theme song is in Japanese. And no, I'm not the only one who uses the term "Not" anime. Although I think "Anime" is more appropriate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Original Ben 10 was good
Then they milked it with an unnecessary sequel with a time skip, then a reboot(?) and god knows how many retcons both had

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm talking more about the animation, with Ninjago it's everything but the animation that have parallels to anime, Ben 10 looks like an anime (At least it used to), but it isn't. Kind of like how Boondocks looks like an anime, but clearly is anything but. Teen Titans is clearly inspired by anime, in both animation and story, heck, even the theme song is in Japanese. And no, I'm not the only one who uses the term "Not" anime. Although I think "Anime" is more appropriate.
I know what you meant.

I'm just saying that Ben 10 is too visually different and western, in my eyes, to be considered anime-esque.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Actually, what if Nintendo went back on Captain N and re-did it? You know, made it, better. Cause it does have potential.
Well let's look over what the original did wrong and what it did right.

Right
Got a lot of different companies and their series involved, not just Nintendo
Diverse main cast (the old description of diverse, not the PC one)
Continuity with another show (the original Zelda cartoon)
Makes every other cartoon adaptation look loyal in comparison. (that one's a little back handed)

Wrong
I don't think the writers/artists even sneezed in the direction of the majority of the games adapted. Cut Man was presented as a tough boss for example.
No appearance from the biggest Nintendo series Super Mario Bros due to it's own show going on a the time.
Very odd pick and mix of heroes and villains (Mother Brain but no Samus for example)
Bland OCs

There's potential yes but much room for improvement. Here's what I think they should do.

1. Have a stronger plot. Have the heroes and villains make some losses or gains so there's some direction to the plot.
2. OC main villain. This way there's more freedom in what they could be without people wondering where Samus is.
3. Better use of permenant cast members expanded cast. For example using Rush eliminates the need to bring in the RL dog and he has more combat use.
4. Do the freaking research. There's a difference between artistic licence and not caring. His name is Pit, Mega Man is blue and Simon Belmont was dead centuries before goggles were invented (both continuities).

I think that covers most problems. The Lego Movie and Lego Dimensions show that such a muti-company crossover can still be done but if it's stuck at just Nintendo they still have enough characters to fill the gaps.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me your magical powers tells you of a Direct very soon.

I really miss Directs. :c And with so many things hinting at one coming soon... I fear I am making myself disappointed since I can totally see none being revealed.
There are certain things nearing announcement before the end of the year, but I haven't heard of a Direct coming this week or next. Sometimes I hear about that, although not always.

D

Deleted member

Original Ben 10 was good
Then they milked it with an unnecessary sequel with a time skip, then a reboot(?) and god knows how many retcons both had
Agreed.

It was especially better (IMO, anyway) when he really was Ben 10, and only had the 10 aliens.
I could give a pass for Cannonbolt since he was the "special" super-secret 11th alien (and promoted to the "main" 10 when Ghostfreak went rogue), but once he kept getting random new ones left and right, it started to lose the initial charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom