• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's obvious they used the model in some way, however, it directly isn't 1:1 as you can tell by the shoulders being flat/different styled and the other shapes on his body being different, and not simply just a lower resolution thing. The proof that they used the model is directly via the sword, which wasn't in Ocarina of Time and only in that tech demo.

I have a feeling that some of it, like the head, is taken from the model and then edited, and the other portions are original and just inspired. It seems like a mix to me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Chrono.

Nintendo and TPC are investing over $20mil on Pokemon GO

That's confidence for ya

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know me and all my family will be forever hated but I''l say anyway:
I really enjoyed Metroid: Other M.

Okay, they messed up the story and truly have a lot of CG but I enjoyed the gameplay,scenarios and feeling of the game.
And Samus really is less badass in Other:M, but again... at least there's a personality there.
Samus is a character I don't like that much because she always was the hot girl in a incredible suit who destroys everything.
And... just that ?
I really liked Metroid Other:M. (Prime series was incredible anyway).

Last edited:
I know me and all my family will be forever hated but I''l say anyway:
I really enjoyed Metroid: Other M.

Okay, they messed up the story and truly have a lot of CG but I enjoyed the gameplay,scenarios and feeling of the game.
And Samus really is less badass in Other:M, but again... at least there's a personality there.
Samus is a character I don't like that much because she always was the hot girl in a incredible suit who destroys everything.
And... just that ?
I really liked Metroid Other:M. (Prime series was incredible anyway).
I only played the first area of Other M but I really enjoyed the gameplay so this doesn't surprise me.

I can't say the same for any of the cutscenes so far though. . .Yikes.
If you really care for Samus's character I suggest reading the metroid manga. It's really cool.
(sounds like you hate RPG protags. Silent badasses every time.)

D

Deleted member

Super Metroid has the right amount of dialog for a Metroid game to me. Prime does as well.

Her personality is just different is all compared to how most women are portrayed, usually in Metroid she's a more focused and not easily shaken emotionally type of character. Sometimes we relate more to those who are more easily shaken, but let's also not forget that there are people who aren't easily shaken by things or emotional about everything and have it more 'together' so to speak.

Samus grew up in an unorthodox lifestyle, and she probably wouldn't have made it as far as she did if she wasn't in such control of her mental state as she is.

The nice thing abut the prime games is they show emotion without words. When you first see Ridley on the Frigate it's very clear Samus is pissed off. (if I remember correctly. it's been a while)

Whenever you fight a hunter in Prime 3 it's clear samus wants revenge for the crap DS is pulling and regrets she had to do what needed to be done. Body language is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nintendo and TPC are investing over $20mil on Pokemon GO

That's confidence for ya
I really want to see how it turns out.

The format and gameplay lends itself well to smartphones, and I think it's a large market just waiting to be, well, captured. It can also penetrate better where Nintendo consoles doesn't have much a market, but the anime is aired (like here.)

:231:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That guy was at the forefront of the 'vaanrose faked the ESRB' movement.

Along with someone else who knows who he is. (¬‿¬)
The prevailing theory was that Vaanrose was merely part of a large group of Brawl modders that united to troll the community.

Stop putting yourself on a pedestal! :p

D

Deleted member

guys

I just spent 1$ on a scratch card and won 5$ (4$ profit)

blessed be this thread that such a lucky person has posted here.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Are those Amazon Blog fake leaks still around?
Probably, I'm getting ready for work so I can't look at the moment. Someone around here probably remembers the guys name.... he basically took everything we were talking about in the leak group and then reposted it as legitimate leaks on Amazon.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna laugh if nothing gets revealed this week.

And then cry afterwards because nothing got revealed and we'll have to go through this for another week...
It would not at all surprise me. I haven't heard a peep in terms of stuff in the immediate future.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It would not at all surprise me. I haven't heard a peep in terms of stuff in the immediate future.
Please tell me your magical powers tells you of a Direct very soon.

I really miss Directs. :c And with so many things hinting at one coming soon... I fear I am making myself disappointed since I can totally see none being revealed.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Perhaps, but we're all only human. It takes a great deal of willpower to sit on information and anyone who can should be commended, even if we might never know who they are.

Plus at least they're no where near as bad as Etika.
I'm not so sure.

Nikki posts theories as if they're facts. She says they're things that are going to happen, and watches as people proceed to take it as such, and never admits they're just theories unless specifically asked. She's intentionally misleading people.

Etika posts videos full of incorrect information. I don't think he intentionally wants to mislead people; he's just too lazy and impatient to check the facts and research what he's reporting on. I think he really believes the stuff he's reporting is accurate.

I'd say the one who's being deceptive is worse than the one who's just lazy, ignorant, and after clicks.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The prevailing theory was that Vaanrose was merely part of a large group of Brawl modders that united to troll the community.

Stop putting yourself on a pedestal! :p
Lolol

Who is this Vaanrose guy, and is he the same as vaanroose? vaanrose?

I honestly don't know how anyone thought ESRB was fake in the first place.

Chrono.

Lol Rabbids are getting a movie with the Robot Chicken writers at the helm.

Apparently it will be live action with stop motion.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
tfw you see someone say any certain character can't be playable unless they are 100% unique despite the roster and says Shulk is the same as Ike without Monado Arts
You mean like Greninja, WFT and Palutena?

Greninja has superficial similarities to Sheik, Pikachu (Up-B) all Neutral-B projectile charging characters and Zelda (teleport move that can be used as an attack). Also, a counter as well. Lacks any actual distinct, major unique "gimmicks" in contrast to several other newcomers.

Palutena's main gimmick (original custom moves) is something shared with three other different characters and so isn't that unique. She has a counter, a teleport move and a reflector.

Out of these three, WFT is the only one with an actual distinct gimmick, it's just that compared to something like Rosalina's and Shulk's, her's aren't nearly as revolutionary or as gameplay-defining, being just a generic strength buff that you have to time correctly to properly use and unlike several other mechanics introduced by other newcomers, was
a mechanic that could have easily been given to different characters and still have it make complete sense (Little Mac could have had the same mechanic with a different name and visuals and it would still 100% fit him, for one). Not a particularly inherently unique character compared to some other newcomers, like Little Mac, Rosalina and Shulk.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Lolol

Who is this Vaanrose guy, and is he the same as vaanroose? vaanrose?

I honestly don't know how anyone thought ESRB was fake in the first place.
I was just spit balling in the private Shulk convo, saying that I thought it was odd that all of the people involved in the leak were people with photo editing/3D modeling/Brawl modding experience. People such as Master Link, Vaan, and Shun. I hypothesized that if anyone were to fake something this elaborate, it would be a group just like that.

Someone took that and posted it in the leak group, which is something I never intended to happen.

I was pretty skeptical of the ESRB leak at first, but still pretty excited. I was about 95% sold when the videos were shown, but the thing that really won me over were all the trophies, which were released a day after the videos. No way someone would fake all that work.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's be honest here, anyone who says that a character is a clone of someone is out of stupidity and just pure bias against that character.

Because, Sakurai only makes clones and haven't made an original character since 64. Because everyone is about as original as :4darkpit:.

Unless he adds so-and-so then that's an original character with a unique moveset.

I just hate how people believe that there's no original characters on the roster when the roster have less unoriginal clones than Melee

Because no clone has been more unoriginal than :4darkpit:&:4lucina:.

Not like other clone characters from past games exist.
:luigi64::drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee: All of them are unique compared to those two.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hi guys, what did I miss while I was gone? Any interesting news?
You would have seen/heard something if there was anything interesting.

Not like other clone characters from past games exist.
:luigi64::drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee: All of them are unique compared to those two.
Compared to Dark Pit, they actually are more unique.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have seen one of the most sloppy shows on the face of the planet, it's called... LEGO Ninjago. It's a not not anime that has tons of plotholes and inconsistensies. If I said all of them we'd be here forever.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

...As long as Rayman is nowhere in that movie, I couldn't careless about those things...so, Ubisoft (or whoever) don't disappoint me...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Rabbids have way too much attention. They don't really have anything to offer.

Last edited:

Chrono.

...As long as Rayman is nowhere in that movie, I couldn't careless about those things...so, Ubisoft (or whoever) don't disappoint me...
I wouldn't be surprised if he cameo'd in some manner, but Ubisoft does seem to treat Rabbids and Rayman as two completely unrelated things nowadays.
Rabbids have way too much attention. They don't really have anything to offer.
If it were 3 years ago I'd agree, but they peaked ages ago and never really got their limelight back since.

If anything this movie seems like an attempt at "Hey!! we still matter!!"

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wouldn't be surprised if he cameo'd in some manner, but Ubisoft does seem to treat Rabbids and Rayman as two completely unrelated things nowadays.
If Rayman were in Smash I could see them being added as enemies for Smash Run.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You would have seen/heard something if there was anything interesting.

Well Pitto is just Pit but less of a submissive punching bag.

The argument is moreso that one lazy clone character doesn't take away the original fighters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, what do we all think of "Not" animes? Imo there's good, (Teen Titains, Avatar) and then there's bad, (Ninjago, Ben 10) and then there's My Life Me.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't expect the Rabbids movie to do well, like at all. No one gave a **** about their cartoon, I doubt they'll care now...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
マリオくんかわいいですね!すごい、Akxarethちゃん。
feex

Maximum weeb mode activated. :shades::p

Well, they were designed to feel distinct and add to the roster. There was planning on what characters would be picked and which characters would serve as base for clones.

Lucina and Dark Pit were already in the game as costume swaps, meaning they had no differences from their counterparts at all. They just got some slight changes as the game kept developing.

Two different circumstances naturally yield different end results.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't expect the Rabbids movie to do well, like at all. No one gave a **** about their cartoon, I doubt they'll care now...
I think that they should stop doing things with the Rabbids, they don't have much to offer at all compared to Rayman. They literally just do random incoherent things. They get kind of boring after a while. Rayman on the other hand goes on interesting adventures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom