• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yo-kai Watch demo is now available!
I don't know why, but I'm getting a voice in the back of my head to try it. Something Blue... :upsidedown:

Okay guys.

Make up a scenario for a R.O.B. Revival.
A dark and gritty Terminator-like revival where Professor Hector must fight the very robot regime he created.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
The fact he is not a Nintendo character and the fact was treated as a guest character pretty much screams unlikeliness to return in later games. There's licensing issues, business issues and such things that far from being simple.

And Konami's tweets to encourage to vote on Snake hardly has any bearing on the higher-ups' decisions. It's just PR talk.
I'm actually starting to think it was business issues that kept Snake out to be honest. First there's voice actor changes, due to certain ones passing away (Colonel's Japanese VA passing away) and one's being replaced (David Hayter as Snake). Then you have to think about the codec's being brought back or not, them agreeing on Snake having his Brawl design or his MGS4 design, stages, and hell, if it was indeed a problem, his moveset (One that I don't and will never agree on, but will accept if the case). Snake is a sad case indeed. And I just went back and played as him in Brawl (and PM), and oh my God is he so much fun to play as.

If he gets the chance, I really hope they revise his chances as DLC...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Site is lagging like crazy to me
But that may be a problem with my internet connection
meh. Can't agree with this one but it's been done to death.

I suppose I can give you this one. Trial and error can be a bit silly in the way it is presented.

Still less flaws than uprising.
Uprising's only flaws I can think of are the control scheme(which I think people overreact about) and arguably, the weapon system(random everything)
It isn't a great game imo, it gets a good because I honestly felt like the gameplay was a little too generic
Still, if you're going to have a KI game, it should be Uprising

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Almost forgot that Owari no Seraph's 2nd season began. Shame it's going to be a filler arc.

Worth for the soundtrack, though. Sawano never disappoints.

Okay guys.

Simply put them in a Xenoblade game as mecha that can be piloted.

What about Europe? :(
Europe gets screwed as usual.

Painful memories of waiting six months for Brawl after the Japanese release come back to haunt me...

I'm actually starting to think it was business issues that kept Snake out to be honest. First there's voice actor changes, due to certain ones passing away (Colonel's Japanese VA passing away) and one's being replaced (David Hayter as Snake). Then you have to think about the codec's being brought back or not, them agreeing on Snake having is Brawl design or his MGS4 design, stages, and hell, if it was indeed a problem, his moveset (One that I don't and will never agree on, but will accept if the case). Snake is a sad case indeed. And I just went back and played as him in Brawl (and PM), and oh my God is he so much fun to play as.

If he gets the chance, I really hope they revise his chances as DLC...
Snake had a hard life. Sad story.

It's as the Colonel said: a once in a lifetime chance.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
The fact he is not a Nintendo character and the fact was treated as a guest character pretty much screams unlikeliness to return in later games. There's licensing issues, business issues and such things that far from being simple.

And Konami's tweets to encourage to vote on Snake hardly has any bearing on the higher-ups' decisions. It's just PR talk.
But... but... A man can dream can't I? I do agree and understand your opinion, I know it's difficult for him to come back but he was so fun to play as, miss him a lot :(

Uprising's only flaws I can think of are the control scheme(which I think people overreact about) and arguably, the weapon system(random everything)
It isn't a great game imo, it gets a good because I honestly felt like the gameplay was a little too generic
Site ate half my post and i'm not rewriting it.

RIP

The difficulty system (dying makes you go down.)
difficulty curve being almost purely damage and # of shots to the point of being a OHKO in far too many cases
a few poorly designed enemies/areas/weapons.
the utter subjectiveness that is the dialogue.
dodging being broken. both in power and in use.

It's my favorite game of all time but there are definitely major issues with it. I don't mind when people don't like it anymore.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be honest, my favorite Kid Icarus game is Myth & Monsters for the Game Boy. It took the NES game's formula and made a much more refined and polished game out of it. That game is very overlooked since barely anyone has played it. I'm a little disappointed that we may never see that play style ever again, it had so much potential.

Uprising is a pretty cool game, but I don't really feel as strong about it as most do. I think the game has a lot of pacing issues and the ground segments just aren't that great to play.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Uprising's Intensity system is busted.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But... but... A man can dream can't I? I do agree and understand your opinion, I know it's difficult for him to come back but he was so fun to play as, miss him a lot :(
Yeah, a man can dream. I, too, would like to see him back.

He was fun to play indeed. Unique and full of interesting quirks such as his up and down Smash attacks. Seriously, his down Smash is probably one of the most unique moves out of a Smash character.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Snake had a hard life. Sad story.

It's as the Colonel said: a once in a lifetime chance.
If he doesn't come back, I'll give Brawl a lot of thanks: It got me into a franchise I would've never thought of trying out. Just like it's done with all the other Nintendo franchises.

Chrono.

Nintendo privated the Fatal Frame video lmao

I wonder if it was a case of "too soon" or a case of "don't put memes in the title"

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
If he doesn't come back, I'll give Brawl a lot of thanks: It got me into a franchise I would've never thought of trying out. Just like it's done with all the other Nintendo franchises.
Brawl also is making me suffer right now. I got hooked into this awesome series and now I have no way to play the final game in the series.

DARN YOU WII U! WHY MUST YOU HAVE NO 3RD PARTY SUPPORT.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah, Brawl got me into MGS as well and I became a big fan of the franchise. I mean, despite that, I still agree to the notion that he is kind of out of place... but they managed to make him work somehow.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Okay guys.

He becomes the new Chibi-Robo and his game plays just like the original Chibi-Robo game. It works because in reality he's a small robot buddy who he helps you accomplish goals, and they both have blasters, or they could just make a underwhelming platformer game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And now for something else spoopy....

You know what I don't exactly get....why does one of the most iconic horror franchises have to go to kickstarter to even get a game made? That's...when I feel kickstarter has just become a crutch.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Okay guys.

If you wanna go the creative way;
Make a Puzzle / Exploration 3D Platformer that lets you use R.O.B.'s Booster as a jet-pack like function to explore new areas.
If you wanna go the slow-and-steady way;
Keep putting R.O.B. in Smash and make him return to Mario Kart, and keep putting him in spin-offs and he'll eventually get the reboot he deserves.
If you wanna go the Nintendo way;
upload_2015-10-13_17-25-40.png

Oh, cru-el twists of fate :4rob:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Okay guys.

R.O.B.? My main man (:
His whole shtick is being the (last of his kind) first of his kind -a toy plays that games with you- he's like the original Amiibo.
If they ever make an Amiibo driven game, he should be the protagonist/host. Really celebrate R.O.B.'s historical value.
Remake the original R.O.B. as a more advanced Amiibo.
Give all Amiibo supporting games R.O.B. support and give him cameos in everything. Big the Cat?
Bring in the old games as mini games in the new game. Make more.
Expand on Ancient Minister.
Make R.O.B. Nintendo's Siri/Cortana. Jk.
Just have R.O.B., Chibi Robo, and Custom Robo's Ray join Bender in the League of Robots. Kill all humans.

I don't really know but I do believe he could be closely knit with an Amiibo driven game.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
And now for something else spoopy....
You know what I don't exactly get....why does one of the most iconic horror franchises have to go to kickstarter to even get a game made? That's...when I feel kickstarter has just become a crutch.
When I saw Sony letting Shenmue 3 producers come to the E3 Stage to ask for money in a Kickstarter I thought:
"The world is over, or the world is changing".
I really think Kickstarter will only get bigger and bigger and...
It's cool for new and broken companies to be able to deliver us something nice buut... kinda scary for companies that are trying to pay their own games... expensive games.
Square Enix was in a bad situation with the money they lost in the first season of FF XIV and some other games.
Imagine if they "Kick Started" something like the Final Fantasy VII remake, it would be... very strange at least.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Robo-Buddies.

Chibi Robo, Monita, and R.O.B. team up to save the Nintendo Universe when every single other hero is kidnapped.

#MyFanFictionIsTheBest

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
No one said Missingno. Really? It always infatuated me. Like, I know why it appears from a technical standpoint, but WHY does it appear? What generated the shape? Or Glitch City. How absolutely messed up your game can get and you can explore it until you freeze up and can't move and then fly out and your game's fine. Red and Blue were a goldmine of excitement and terror for little E. Gadd...especially the hall of fame after seeing Missingno...
This guy. Right here. He knows what he's talking about.

The Office was good up until the end. The later seasons weren't as charming as the first ones, but they're not unwatchable garbage. At the every least watch until Michael leaves. Then watch the occasional episode until the series finale because that's an ending worth watching.[/QUOTE]

I did watch all of it, and in hindsight I don't hate it as much as I sound like I do. It's just that we binged it for what felt like months, watched little if anything else in between, and after a while it turned into a chore. Were I to do it again, I'd have pushed for taking a break after season 5 and then coming back to it later. You've gotta admit though, a lot of it is pretty drawn out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Robo Mario as a final boss or gtfo
Robo Mario?
You mean that ****** from Mario Kart Arcade?
Plot Twist; Metal Mario pulls a Sonic and kills Robo Mario when Robo's about to kill everyone
#WhatUseIsHashtagsOnSmashBoards

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
About that Friday the 13th kickstarter...Who're the people making it and how did they get to use Jason?
There used to be a game called Summer Camp on Kickstarter. It was so much like Friday the 13th that when Friday announced it was looking to make a game, people though ''Welp, Summer Camp is gonna get sued."

Instead Summer Camp became Friday the 13th because the creators approached them. The game actually has the horror make up artist, the most iconic actor to play Jason, and the creator of the franchise all involved in some way now.

So basically an indie game that was inspired by Friday the 13th became the Friday the 13th game.

Still raises the question of why a blockbuster horror franchise with soon to be 13th installments and a TV series on CW needs to ask for money from fans. Indie company are not, you say you're making Friday the 13th, people that aren't fans are gonna give you money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom