• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember back in Brawl that I was kind of disappointed that Mewtwo (and to a lesser extent, Roy) were cut. Same for Bowser Jr. not making it in.

Same upon finding out that Dr. Mario was planned for the game and thinking on the possibility of him keeping the Tornado, which is exactly what happened in Smash 4.

Still, Brawl had great additions such as Wario, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Olimar, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic and Snake.

At this point, even if Wolf doesn't return, Smash 4 already boasts an impressive roster. If Wolf returns, I'll be completely overjoyed, though. It's a bit of a shame that Snake and Ice Climbers didn't return, but their omission is understandable.

Smash Bros. is actually one of the best series so far in regards to roster cuts. As it currently stands, Smash 4 has only 7 veteran characters missing: Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link (though he was essentially replaced/succeeded by Toon Link), Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wolf and Snake.

Making the transition from Melee to Smash 4, you only lose 3 characters but gain 32 more characters (more than double of Melee's roster of 26). From Brawl to Smash 4, you lose 5 characters but gain 21 more.

And there's still potential for some of them to return, as well as even more new characters, given DLC is still ongoing.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My body is ready for Sakura

Get your mind out of the gutter, you freak

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't know anyonr really going to believe these rumors 100%, until Nintendo confirms them. As for Ridley, I don't see Sakurai going forth just to make him playable for this game, but many things I thought wouldn't happen from the man, happened. I like Ridley, but it doesn't matter if he does come as DLC or not. I wouldn't believe a rumor of him seriously, just be cautious about it above all else.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
allow me to explain
you wanted to know if they would revel anymore console exclusive....how can they reveal more exclusives when they havent reveal one the word more implies that there was some to begin with
its like getting mad that someone ate all the pizza but the pizza has yet to arive
My post was initially made under the assumption we weren't getting any other characters in the arcade version, hence the use of "anymore".

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I remember back in Brawl that I was kind of disappointed that Mewtwo (and to a lesser extent, Roy) were cut. Same for Bowser Jr. not making it in.

Same upon finding out that Dr. Mario was planned for the game and thinking on the possibility of him keeping the Tornado, which is exactly what happened in Smash 4.

Still, Brawl had great additions such as Wario, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Olimar, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic and Snake.

At this point, even if Wolf doesn't return, Smash 4 already boasts an impressive roster. If Wolf returns, I'll be completely overjoyed, though. It's a bit of a shame that Snake and Ice Climbers didn't return, but their omission is understandable.

Smash Bros. is actually one of the best series so far in regards to roster cuts. As it currently stands, Smash 4 has only 7 veteran characters missing: Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link (though he was essentially replaced/succeeded by Toon Link), Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wolf and Snake.

Making the transition from Melee to Smash 4, you only lose 3 characters but gain 32 more characters (more than double of Melee's roster of 26). From Brawl to Smash 4, you lose 5 characters but gain 21 more.

And there's still potential for some of them to return, as well as even more new characters, given DLC is still ongoing.
I don't agree on the point of Snake's cut being understandable. Kojima was up for this, I don't know what opinion Konami had regarding this matter, but if I recall correctly, in their official Twitter account they cheered us to vote for Snake, wanting him to get in the game. So that leaves only Sakurai or Nintendo's higher ups with the ultimate decision... and Snake is not in the game. It hurts even more due the fact that we've never received any explanation on why he was cut. That hurts man. However, this is mere speculation.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
okay if we do get inklings can we atleast get arowana mall as a stage.Always wanted a mall based stage in smash

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So about the Inklings, those pictures people were posting have been confirmed 100% fake, right?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's the rest of the Top 100 all-time list for today. Why? Because I'm tired of talking about leaks and rumors as of late and want to get mad at something else

#80-61
80. Final Fantasy VII
79. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
78. Fallout 3
77. Zork I
76. Devil May Cry 3
75. Earthbound
74. League of Legends
73. Warcraft 2
72. Spelunky
71. Rainbow Six 3
70. Mega Man 2
69. Gran Turismo 3
68. Suikoden 2
67. Final Fantasy Tactics
66. Goldeneye 007
65. Burnout 3
64. Skyrim
63. Super Smash Bros. Melee
62. Monkey Island 2
61. Grim Fandango

You are gonna love #63 and DMC3 being that low?
IGN is straight tripping now

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's the rest of the Top 100 all-time list for today. Why? Because I'm tired of talking about leaks and rumors as of late and want to get mad at something else

#80-61
80. Final Fantasy VII
78. Fallout 3
77. Zork I
76. Devil May Cry 3
75. Earthbound
74. League of Legends
73. Warcraft 2
72. Spelunky
71. Rainbow Six 3
70. Mega Man 2
69. Gran Turismo 3
68. Suikoden 2
66. Goldeneye 007
65. Burnout 3
64. Skyrim
62. Monkey Island 2
61. Grim Fandango

Ah yes, how dare they show an opinion. Truly a horror.
Someone call the morgue, we're crucifying tonight!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't agree on the point of Snake's cut being understandable. Kojima was up for this, I don't know what opinion Konami had regarding this matter, but if I recall correctly, in their official Twitter account they cheered us to vote for Snake, wanting him to get in the game. So that leaves only Sakurai or Nintendo's higher ups with the ultimate decision... and Snake is not in the game. It hurts even more due the fact that we've never received any explanation on why he was cut. That hurts man. However, this is mere speculation.
The fact he is not a Nintendo character and the fact was treated as a guest character pretty much screams unlikeliness to return in later games. There's licensing issues, business issues and such things that far from being simple.

And Konami's tweets to encourage to vote on Snake hardly has any bearing on the higher-ups' decisions. It's just PR talk.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah yes, how dare they show an opinion. Truly a horror.
Someone call the morgue, we're crucifying tonight!
This is an IGN list. They had the original Kid Icarus on Top 100 games but not Uprising, they had an F-Zero expansion pack on the 64DD on said list but had either Golden Sun or Advance Wars share spots with it's sequels

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

#80-61
80. Final Fantasy VII
78. Fallout 3
77. Zork I
76. Devil May Cry 3
75. Earthbound
74. League of Legends
73. Warcraft 2
72. Spelunky
71. Rainbow Six 3
70. Mega Man 2
69. Gran Turismo 3
68. Suikoden 2
66. Goldeneye 007
65. Burnout 3
64. Skyrim
62. Monkey Island 2
61. Grim Fandango

eh i agree with them here maybe make suikoden 2 and megaman 2 switch spots but besdies that i dont see a problem with this part

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Soooo... Anything noteworthy, or buisness as usual?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This is an IGN list. They had the original Kid Icarus on Top 100 games but not Uprising, they had an F-Zero expansion pack on the 64DD on said list but had either Golden Sun or Advance Wars share spots with it's sequels
Your point being? All I'm seeing is "Oh no! They don't have a game I like!" or "Oh no! This game I like is too low on the list!" and somehow I should criticize them for that. Well so what it's their list.

Shroob

Sup?
God, I hate Blizzard's Hearthstone team. Their so damn lazy, and take no consideration for their fans. They rarely balance cards that actually need balancing, like Piloted Shredder, and instead they basically remove decent cards from the game by making them worse than bad cards.

It makes my blood boil coming from a guy who regularly makes Custom Hearthstone cards and takes into consideration the meta, and how to make the game more fun.
*Ahem*

"Charge backwards! Everyone, get out of here! My blade be satisfied!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Your point being? All I'm seeing is "Oh no! They don't have a game I like!" or "Oh no! This game I like is too low on the list!" and somehow I should criticize them for that. Well so what it's their list.
Because it's better than regurgitating the same topics over and over again.

It's pretty much grasping for rumors, Butt Butt over and over and complaining about Smash fanbase featuring Street Fighter V

This is an IGN list. They had the original Kid Icarus on Top 100 games but not Uprising,
I dont really see the problem with this. Uprising is flawed in many many ways. NES KI is too but that thing aged super duper well and is still really great. I would personally say it is a less flawed game even if I vastly prefer Uprising. Plus, again, opinions

No comment on the fzero part as I dont know what it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

NES KI is too but that thing aged super duper well.
Stop
That game is an example of how games devloped over the years for a reason
Grinding, terrible difficulty curve and the dungeons. Period.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Why, Mattel, why? Why would you announce amazing superheroine dolls before Christmas if they're not coming out til Spring? How does that help me??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually liked NES Kid Icarus. I have the 3D Classics version on my 3DS.

Completed it in about a week. I did see the words I'M FINISHED many times, but defeating the final boss felt satisfying. :4pit:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay guys.

Make up a scenario for a R.O.B. Revival.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yo-kai Watch demo is now available!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom