• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Remember when people said that Little Mac wouldn't be in smash because the only thing he would do is punch stuff

jesus help us

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Y'know Snake, it's not exactly safe to hold/set down a firing firearm in those ways...

...Eh, that's actually kinda cool. They better be ready for a lawsuit, though.

----
Emulations aren't illegal. Bios/Roms/Isos distribution are though.

So soon?

Gah. I hate emulators of current consoles.

It just reeks of pirating.
I wouldn't worry too much. By the time common computers could handle Wii U emulation, Wii U would already be a past system. Wii/GC emulation is still very taxing on most computers. I can't even run Mario Galaxy at full 60fps :s

Though, I agree with you even though I am excited by this news.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
...still it's the first step. I hope it doesn't jeopardize Nintendo's plans for the Wii U. The lineup is already look pretty light and if pirating becomes widespread it would be even more reason to just move onto the next console.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think unlike the Wii, only few people are going to be able to pirate Wii U games and play them successfully, and even then that's a big if considering it'll be a while before they'll get anywhere to be making something very playable.

The impact on the sales will be very minimal at worst.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It seems this thread advanced 8 pages in my sleep. Good morning all.

Did I miss something big?

Also, that French Little Mac thing is in really bad taste.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Speaking of which.

Geez, I hope we don't get the NX in 2016.

That's just a cannibalizing move.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think a console has ever been launched in the same year as its announcement.

A 2017 release would at least warrant a 5 year cycle for the Wii U.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hell i think it could even be 2018 for NX it almost allways takes 2 e3s for a nintendo console to be released
it could infact be an early 2018 console

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When was the Wii U announced and when was it released?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I don't think a console has ever been launched in the same year as its announcement.

I thought the original wii happened in the same year, but I'm too lazy to check wikipedia.

D

Deleted member

PS4 and Xbone were both announced the same year they were released.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey guys! What's going....
"See more rumor"
H1EY4.gif

This isn't going to end soon, right?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The Wii was (officially) announced and released in 2006.
no thats when the wii got its name and was released nintendo had been calling it revolution for a long while befoe hand (i remember this because a gaming mag i had been reading had told me about it)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The self imposed deadline is the 23rd.
I hope that the speculation will down alot this day so. Really, this is becoming more a mess now. Even the period before the ESRB Leak was confirm was better than now! (In my opinion.) So yeah, i hope Shrek that a character will be announce the 23.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Isn't Oct 23rd also the same day the 50 facts extravaganza video happened?

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Remember when people said that Little Mac wouldn't be in smash because the only thing he would do is punch stuff

jesus help us
Well to be fair, Sakurai has adressed that on a couple of occasions. It wasn't a non-issue.

"As a boxer, his attacks basically consist of punching with both hands, so it's a bit difficult to put a diverse moveset together."
"As a boxer, only fight using his fists, so this does introduce some restrictions and liabilities to his movement and moveset."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have a lot of faith in the NX

Everyone's talking about it' specs more like they are still less than the PS4/ XBOX ONE

Maybe it would convince a couple more 3rd party dev's to release games on it...

I was really hoping Nintendo learned their lesson and wanted a powerhouse of a system for NX

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say.

Valid arguments against a character don't just magically after they are revealed.

:4littlemac: Little Mac only using punches was a problem. It just was never major enough to prevent him from being in.

:4villager: Villager wasn't really a combatant.

:4wiifit: Neither was Wii Fit Trainer.

:4mii::4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: Miis were pretty darn time consuming.

They were all still problems. Just ones Sakurai felt were worth overcoming.

Shroob

Sup?
Can someone catch me up on anything that's happened?
Sure.

Apparently, the character will be revealed/released(?) by the 23rd, no later. I don't know which since the wording was ambiguous.

He also apparently knows of a 2nd character that will be released at a later date. Supposedly.

And there was that whole twitter fiasco which wasn't a hint, but it was, but no one really knows.

Whole thing is insanity.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Guys I have made a shocking discovery,

Gaston was a photoshopped Little Mac this whole time.:troll:

Also have the Inkling pics been dissected?

Well to be fair, Sakurai has adressed that on a couple of occasions. It wasn't a non-issue.

"As a boxer, his attacks basically consist of punching with both hands, so it's a bit difficult to put a diverse moveset together."
"As a boxer, only fight using his fists, so this does introduce some restrictions and liabilities to his movement and moveset."
It was a pretty grand feat to give Mac a moveset based solely on punches, before he was revealed, some fans suggested he could borrow some moves from some of the boxers he's fought like Bald Bull to give him a more diverse moveset, though none of them ever suggested that Mac should be a bad air fighter.
Sure.

Apparently, the character will be revealed/released(?) by the 23rd, no later. I don't know which since the wording was ambiguous.

He also apparently knows of a 2nd character that will be released at a later date. Supposedly.

And there was that whole twitter fiasco which wasn't a hint, but it was, but no one really knows.

Whole thing is insanity.
Wait what second character? Stealth, Roger, and those guys were only talking about just 1 character. Show me the source!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sure.

Whole thing is insanity.
So nothing new really happened. I posted my final post about this leak on GFaqs, I don't want my name dragged into this any more than it already has been.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys I have made a shocking discovery,

Gaston was a photoshopped Little Mac this whole time.:troll:

Also have the Inkling pics been dissected?

It was a pretty grand feat to give Mac a moveset based solely on punches, before he was revealed, some fans suggested he could borrow some moves from some of the boxers he's fought like Bald Bull to give him a more diverse moveset, though none of them ever suggested that Mac should be a bad air fighter.

Wait what second character? Stealth, Roger, and those guys were only talking about just 1 character. Show me the source!
It was a few pages back. Supposedly, Stealth said he knew of a 2nd character coming on Gamefaqs. I myself don't believe it to be him, but apparently TheAnvil TheAnvil says it was his account.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So apparently we've got 10 days. I wonder if that's how long it will take Nintendo's ninjas to eliminate the leak sources.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Literally what I said. He knew there was a 2nd one coming, but not with this one.

He didn't drop any hints as to who.
IIRC he said Shovel Knight was "likely" but not next. Or am I thinking of a different person saying they were Stealth on GF?

Not that it matters because everything he said before on GF was bunk.

Soul.

Damn son we got a Wii U emulator? Already?

I still don't think they'll replace it with NX. No one knows if 3DS will be replaced too. No the New 3DS is just an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom