• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How about y'all relax and change the subject, I tried doing that multiple times for you sakes and you guys keep hurting yourselves over a Wait & See situation.

Just focus and remember; none of this is concrete. Not even Butt Butt for sure at this point, right now we are losing our insanity and wasting energy complaining and moaning instead of just forgetting about it.

That means leave Twitter, Reddit, 4chan and NeoGAF alone. And if there's no hard evidence like footage or an image, just stop and chill out and just forget it.

It won't hurt just to drop. See how easy that is and now we just move on to something else.

Us Americans are finally getting Woolly World and Halo 5 is coming out late tonight, I think.

Soul.

Some things about speculation are immature. Yes the competitive side is immature too at times but that's beside the point.
The way this thing is being handled is not good. I mean like, this seems really silly. I do realize that people are desperate for more characters, but it does not have to be like this.

With that said I'll be dropping this; I can't discuss rumors (or anything speculative) like this well so yeah

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's easy to tell people to move on, but it's another thing entirely for it to actually happen.

This leak and the Shovel Knight one are dug back up (pardon the pun) endlessly, even despite us having gone over just about everything possible numerous times.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In line with my PS3 decision, can ya'll give me your top 5 PS3 games so I can add them to my list.

Top 5 MUST PLAY PS3 games go!
1. Demon's Souls
2. The Last of Us
3. Uncharted series (can't pick one really)
4. Shadow of the Colossus + Ico Remasters
5. Little Big Planet /2

Feel like I'm missing a few, but you have to play Demon's Souls since it is the only game here that is 100% exclusive to PS3 right now iirc.

D

Deleted member

In line with my PS3 decision, can ya'll give me your top 5 PS3 games so I can add them to my list.

Some recommendations off the top of my head:

Uncharted series (particularly Uncharted 2)
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (includes all of the mainline Metal Gear games except MGSV)
Sonic Generations
Jak and Daxter Collection
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Ultra Street Fighter IV
LittleBigPlanet 1
and 2

I also have Ni no Kuni on my backlog, but I've enjoyed that so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Thanks so far gang! I'll compile all the PS3 suggestions after work and let you know the NintenZone's fave PS3 games.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  1. Journey: NOW.
  2. LittleBigPlanet: Many years of my life (and far too much money on DLC) went into the first two games.
  3. Rayman Origins: One of the finest 2D platformers you'll find outside of a Nintendo console.
  4. inFamous: It's the closest thing to a 3D platformer on the PS3, probably. It's fun.
  5. Ratchet & Clank: At least they didn't die off like Jak.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Ratchet and Clank (Trilogy, Future Trilogy and Nexus. All 4 One is a meh. Q-Force isn't that great.)
Uncharted Series
Littlebigplanet 2
Metal Gear Legacy Collection
Elder Scrolls (Oblivion or Skyrim. Go for the GOTY/Legendary editions)

ummm, lokking at my PS3 games a lot of them are rereleases. Like the Prince of Persia trilogy, Kingdom Hears 1.5 and 2.5, Doom 3 BFG Edition, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster and the ones in the above list. Not to mention the PSone Spyro, Crash and Final Fantasy games I've bought off the PSN store.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I haven't had a PS3 since 2011 but I know the most own games on it are Infamous 2, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, all 3 Crash games, MGS Legacy Collection, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, all 3 Spyro games, Resonance of Fate, DMC HD Collection, Jak Trilogy, my personal favorites, Metal Gear Rising and Sonic Generations

And Heavy Rain

Why Heavy Rain, because **** it, I want you to suffer through a David Cage game like I did and have a good time with it

Shroob

Sup?
On the bright side, if that really was Stealth, this leak has an expiration date.

The 23rd. If we reach that with no character revealed/released, people can shut up about it.

When is all this Splatoon stuff supposed to be happening anyway?

Last edited:

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063

Exclusive:
1. Demons Souls
2. Tales of Graces F
3. Ni no Kuni
4. Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 (technically not exclusive, but the collections themselves are)
5. Metal Gear Solid 4 (heavily reliant on knowing the story of the rest of the series for enjoyment)

Multiplats:
1. Dark Souls (2) Also on PC/X360
2. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Also on Vita/PS4
3. Dragon's Dogma Also on X360
4. Okami HD Also on Wii/PS2
5. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Also on Vita/X360 (helps with number 5 on the other list ;))

Honorable Mentions:
Final Fantasy XIV Also on PC/PS4 (I wouldn't consider this a must play because a lot of people don't like MMOs)
Shadow of the Colossus/ICO
Tales of Xillia (2)

These are just what I've played, and I probably forgot about a few.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ratchet and Clank (Trilogy, Future Trilogy and Nexus. All 4 One is a meh. Q-Force isn't that great.).
I actually Beta Tested Q-Force's multiplayer arena. I still haven't bought it yet after all this time, but it was fun.

I probably still have the picture of Ratchet standing in the air a yard above a platform saved somewhere.

Khoru

Smash Champion
4. Okami HD Also on Wii/PS2
it's the worst that there's no "definitive version" of okami
the ps2 version has the minigames in loading screens but they're to mask load times and its colors are the dullest
the wii version has motion controls but literally no credits
and the ps3 version is in hd but it cuts just the song from the credits, and it's one of the absolute best songs in the game

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
it's the worst that there's no "definitive version" of okami
the ps2 version has the minigames in loading screens but they're to mask load times and its colors are the dullest
the wii version has motion controls but literally no credits
and the ps3 version is in hd but it cuts just the song from the credits, and it's one of the absolute best songs in the game
Agreed. Although gameplay & graphics > one song even though I hate that the song is gone too. PS3 is my favorite, but that's just because while I liked the motion controls, they didn't like me at all and constantly made me do absolutely nothing when I clearly drew a straight line. So there isn't a definitive version for all people, but there is for each individual person depending on which control scheme you prefer. Unless you like that minigame so much that you can't decide between that and the many other positives that the other versions had. But then again the PS3's loading times or so much faster that you don't even really need a minigame.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

1. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
2. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
3. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
4. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
5. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

Khoru

Smash Champion
Agreed. Although gameplay & graphics > one song even though I hate that the song is gone too. PS3 is my favorite, but that's just because while I liked the motion controls, they didn't like me at all and constantly made me do absolutely nothing when I clearly drew a straight line. So there isn't a definitive version for all people, but there is for each individual person depending on which control scheme you prefer. Unless you like that minigame so much that you can't decide between that and the many other positives that the other versions had. But then again the PS3's loading times or so much faster that you don't even really need a minigame.
the minigames get you demon fangs that you'd have to farm in other ways otherwise
also i'm just finding out that okami hd had reset, but just in the japanese version? what.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Wait, what's this about a possible leaked character? Is it something new or is it just the same rumour that everyone has been arguing about for over a week?
Sean from Smashified slipped and strongly suggested Inklings. More reputable members of the community are claiming to know the character. And Stealth is saying we should expect it with the next two weeks. (As in, by the 23rd).

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I feel like binge watching a TV show on Netflix

Any recommendations? I'm trying to avoid anything animated for a while as my back long for that is getting pretty large
I just rewatched all of Chuck. If dorky spies are your thing. It's funny and the cast really grows on you.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That's definitely a Mii Gunner in the second pic.

Gonna say it's fake.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It looks.....passable but I'm just gonna say it's looks fake but the detail is there

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Is there any real credibility to this mess of a social media leak?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
That might be one of the worst leaks I've ever seen. The first picture looks like someone just photoshopped the background of a still image from Splatoon during gameplay and the text in the second one is so bad, some of the letters are cut off atcthe bottom and that u looks so jagged.

On a positive note, I would be really happy with Inklings in Smash, but at the same time I think that if they don't get in by the time DLC is done they won't make it into Smash for at least 2 games. There's no way of knowing if Splatoon's popularity is a fad or not and the only way to find out would be to look at sales for a sequel, but I don't see that happening before the next Smash.

So, I really hope the rumour/leak is true, that's what I'm getting at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom