• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
So how does that correlate to the leak?

I don't understand.
Tbh, this leak puzzles me. Looks much better done than anything we've seen so far for the last weeks.

Swamp, second picture of the leak, the inkling jumping on the left side. Compare it to the jumping animation of the youtube video. The jumping animation of the mii looks the same as the jumping animation of the leaked picture

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So how does that correlate to the leak?

I don't understand.
The picture of the "Inkling" in the leak shows her jumping on the results screen in Classic.

She is jumping in the exact same way as the Mii Gunner. And since there's an Inkling costume for Mii Gunner, that pretty much kills it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
OH!

OH! I DIDN'T SEE THAT INKLING ON THE LEFT!!!

SWAMP IS A BLIND BOY!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
She's not even really related to this leak. She's leaking other, Splatoon related stuff.
Correct, but my belief was that depending on when the supposed 'big update' was coming, it would potentially bring a Direct with it.

However, I now know there was no 'big update' at all.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Just sit back and actually think about that image leak for a minute.

The end scene would only be available to people that had fully playable versions of the character. (Ryu's came from datamining.)

The splash text would only be available to people that had the trailer. (PR people, mostly).

Who has access to both? Who would be leaking this? Sakurai?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm honestly surprised the first thing that didn't tipped it off that it was fake...the Splash Card people... it's not even the same font...

Other than that, HD shots, trophy pose, "game play" shot, Mii outfit. Besides, it still looked kinda stiff for a Inkling girl to have, imo.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm blind not stupid.
It didn't look at it at first :shiro:

Just sit back and actually think about that image leak for a minute.

The end scene would only be available to people that had fully playable versions of the character. (Ryu's came from datamining.)

The splash text would only be available to people that had the trailer. (PR people, mostly).

Who has access to both? Who would be leaking this? Sakurai?
It's Miyamoto. It's his doing

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Speaking of binge watching, if you haven't seen them you should watch Arrested Development, The Flash, iZombie, Sleepy Hollow, How I Met Your Mother, Buffy, Firefly, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Veronica Mars, Community, and maybe even Doctor Who. Although with Doctor Who you don't necessarily have to start from the beginning (especially since it started 52 years ago), you don't even have to start at the beginning of the "reboot", I would recommend starting with either David Tennant, Matt Smith, or Peter Capaldi.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's also sad people from that link are convinced it's legit...sigh, oh well. I'm just hoping this next wave of DLC just comes soon and ends this rumor crap going on around here.

Anyways, something I just found, there's a DA account that has character wallpapers for Smash fighters.

http://djari1080.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pfft. Fake. Clearly. I see Ridley in the corner of the second pic. You want a real legitimate leak? I can supply. Hold onto you're ass, cause it's none other then the big cat himself.

See this mate? Legitimate. Why? Well let's go over the facts. Bubsy is one of the most popular Nintendo characters of all time. Did you know Nintendo considered dropping Mario and making Bubsy the face of Nintendo? Anyways, his popularity is so high he won the ballot, as my good friend Pops told me, who works with Nintendo as a underpaid janitor and overheard a meeting regarding Bubsy's inclusion. Now I know what you're thinking- this pic is clearly a Bubsy model cropped on a pre existing picture. And you're right! Being the mastermind he is, Sakurai phtoshopped this in order to make it look fake, but then fake out the crowd with Smash Bros' greatest reveal, bringing up more hype then that of Pichu in Brawl. The reveal itself is on the 32nd of October, but... you didn't hear it from me. So get hype.

But seriously, that's a Mii Gunner. The moves are too similar, in my opinion, and considering this was on gamefaqs, I can hardly hold any faith regarding it.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
As someone who used Mii Gunner quite a lot, the 2nd pic is a massive give away. I would recognize that jumping animation anywhere. Crappy fake, because they literally used existing content that anyone could use and tried to pass it off as a leak.

Also the first snapshot is so weird looking. Her face, the angle, etc

Last edited:

Naoshi

People must really think low of Sakurai. There are people out there scared that Sakurai would make Inklings a Mii Gunner clone because it's apparently "something he would do". (yes that was an actual argument a bunch of people are making in that leak in the gameFAQs thread) Some of these people... lol

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People must really think low of Sakurai. There are people out there scared that Sakurai would make Inklings a Mii Gunner because it's apparently "something he would do". (yes that was an actual argument a bunch of people are making in that leak in the gameFAQs thread) Some of these people... lol
♪No mercy for the Inklings, no mercy for the King♪
Still worried Isaac will get a costume before a possible playable appearance

Naoshi

♪No mercy for the Inklings, no mercy for the King♪
Still worried Isaac will get a costume before a possible playable appearance
Oops, I knew I was missing a word in my post. I meant "Mii Gunner clone", as in, people think Inklings would officially become playable as a clone of Miis.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
People must really think low of Sakurai. There are people out there scared that Sakurai would make Inklings a Mii Gunner clone because it's apparently "something he would do". (yes that was an actual argument a bunch of people are making in that leak in the gameFAQs thread) Some of these people... lol
Reminds me of Brawl days when people thought that Megaman would be a Samus clone if he got in.

Naoshi

Reminds me of Brawl days when people thought that Megaman would be a Samus clone if he got in.
I remember those painful days. People would echo that so much.

You could easily tell who has never touched a Mega Man game by just speculating on those arguments. lol

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reminds me of every day.
"Mega Man will be a Samus clone"
"Rosalina will be a peach clone"
"Ryu will be a Mario clone"
Now, "Inkling will be a Mii Gunner clone"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC